• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Apple TV UK. Apple TV app coming to Sky Q

    Apple TV UK. Apple TV app coming to Sky Q


    UK. Apple TV app coming to Sky Q

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Source: I work for sky. It was in one of our training videos last week.

    submitted by /u/MrKatUK
    [link] [comments]

    Buying movies - apple TV vs Amazon Prime?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:43 AM PDT

    Are the contents on apple TV and Amazon Prime apps of the same quality?

    I have an LG CX, when i look to buy movies from the Apple TV app, it is advertised as 4K UHD, Dolby etc. The same movies are advertised as HD on Amazon Prime (lower price)

    When i watched the trailers, they look exactly the same between apple TV and Amazon Prime, couldn't tell if there is any difference whatsoever.

    So is it apple who oversell their stuffs or amazon who undersell there? Or will the content quality be really diffferent between the two? I was looking at the old Harry Potter movies

    Or would i be better of buying the disc and play it through my PS5?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Hahahoho178
    [link] [comments]

    Hulu update this week doesn’t allow muting during ads??

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    I swear I was able to do this earlier this week. Now when an ad comes on if I hit mute on my actual TV remote it unmutes immediately.

    submitted by /u/spike021
    [link] [comments]

    Flickering while trying to play content in the TV + app

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    Hey, so I'm having an issue with my Apple TV 4K. Whenever I try to watch something in the Apple TV app, I get a strange, frequent flickering that covers the entire screen. It seems to happen twice a second or so. I can watch things no problem in the Prime Video and Netflix apps, it's just the Apple TV app that seems to have the problem. I also tried AirPlaying the show to the TV, but while it works fine on the phone, it starts to flicker when it plays on the TV.

    I tried restarting the Apple TV, unplugging everything, changing HDMI cables, installing the latest software update, and I even factory reset it. Nothing is fixing the problem so far. Can anyone think of a possible fix? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/TheKnockingThrush
    [link] [comments]

    Scroll bar invisible in YouTube TV app on Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:38 PM PDT

    It's impossible to scroll. Pausing shows for a split second the scroll bar shows and then it disappears. You can stills scrub and move forward and backward but the preview window is also gone so it's impossible to know where in the video you are. Any ideas? I already did a restart and it didn't fix it....

    submitted by /u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry
    [link] [comments]

    [Rant] Why the heck is the website so hard to navigate?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:26 PM PDT

    I got a subscription for Apple TV a few months ago, and when I want to watch through my browser, it takes about 10 minutes to find my show. I normally watch on our TV but someone else is using that now

    I go to tv.apple.com, there's no search box, no categories. The show I want to watch (Servant) isn't listed.

    I google "watch servant on appleTV online" and the link that takes me to Servant is telling me to sign up for a trial (my trial expired a long time ago), even though I'm signed in. There's no option to play the episode, it's just "begin your free trial now"?

    So then I search for Servant's wikipedia page, scroll down to "external links", click "Servant official site" and finally it takes me to a page where I can actually watch the show.

    How could a company known for its user interfaces and usability make a website that is so incredibly objectively awful? Am I missing something? Should I be going to someplace other than tv.apple.com when I want to start For All Mankind?

    submitted by /u/trevdak2
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV appears to be on but... nothing when attempting to wake it.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    I have an Apple TV 4 and a 2016-era Samsung 4K TV.

    When the Apple TV is on and I'm actively using it, it works normally.

    But many times, it won't start up properly. Or, more accurately, it won't resume properly.

    I generally turn off the TV by pressing the Siri button on the ATV remote and saying "Turn off the TV".

    I'll return to the TV after a day or more since I last watched (it's the bedroom TV, so it could be a week or more between using my television), I'll see that the solid white light is on the Apple TV box, I press the MENU button on the Apple TV remote and the TV won't turn on. Weird.

    So I'll turn on the TV using the TV's remote and there's no signal from the Apple TV.

    No amount of mashing the MENU button will wake up the Apple TV, so I am forced to unplug it and plug it back in.

    At this point it boots up and works just fine until it sits idle for the next few days or weeks while the TV is off.

    I tried setting the power settings to never sleep, but that doesn't work.

    Anyone have this problem and solve it?

    submitted by /u/lightsd
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI CEC issue with Apple TV

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    So this is definitely an Apple TV issue and not an issue with my Samsung TVs as this issue also occurred with my LG TV. For whatever reason u cannot use HDMI-CEC with my tvs internal speakers, which means I can't control the volume of it with my iPhone, however when I plug in an external sound bar, I can use the CEC feature just fine and easily turn the volume up and down just fine. Has anyone gotten this to work without having a sound bar? I just really don't have room for one and the internal tv speakers are fine for the rooms they're in

    submitted by /u/alpacapoop
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 32gb Apple TV slower than 64gb on a HD TV?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    I just upgraded from a 3rd generation Apple TV to a 4th gen Apple TV 32gb. When I asked about them at one Apple store, the sales guy said the 64gb is faster. However, at another Apple store, they said there was no difference in speed. I have a HD TV, no 4K or anything special )it's a TV from late 2000s or so). So, is there actually a speed difference?

    submitted by /u/CosmicBunny97
    [link] [comments]

    Twitch chat on Apple TV

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to figure out if there is a usable way to watch Twitch streams and also take part in the chat for the stream at the same time on or via my Apple TV. I haven't checked out the chat functionality on the Apple TV Twitch app but I'm assuming it involves using the remote to type which seems unusably slow to me so not keen on that. The other hitch is that I have an Android phone. I'd love it if it's possible to cast Twitch from my Android phone to the Apple TV but I'm assuming this isn't a possibility? Anyone know if there is a good solution for this?

    submitted by /u/shauni_g
    [link] [comments]

    Can i make different profiles on the Apple TV?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    I've got the newest generation Apple TV fully updated. I wanted to know if i can make different profiles on it? I have kids that are now old enough to know how to use the remote, and i really want to prevent them from watching stuff on things like Netflix and Amazon Prime when i'm not home and the babysitter is watching them or my parents/inlaws are watching them.

    Can i make a new profile that will let me choose which apps are available on the Apple TV? So i can have a profile with me to have all my apps, but a profile for my kids as well that does not allow them access to apps like Netflix or Amazon Prime?

    Don't tell me about making profiles in Netflix or Prime for kids. that's not what i want. i'm not trying to prevent them from watching adult content, i'm trying to prevent them from watching the crap childrens programming Netflix and Prime have for kids.

    submitted by /u/bradhotdog
    [link] [comments]

    Users and ‘Up Next’

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    Am I missing something here?

    I have two user accounts on my ATV, yet when I switch from one to the other, the Up Next doesn't change.

    submitted by /u/kettykrueger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel