• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    macOS Tiny tiny Handoff button

    macOS Tiny tiny Handoff button


    Tiny tiny Handoff button

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    I took a screenshot of the screensaver and made it my background. I think it turned out well.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    Just a little rant

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    I've been using my late 08 20" iMac for over 12 years. It has Yosemite on it and works perfectly. I'm back in school and needed a laptop as it's a PLC/programming class.

    Software requires i5 processor and windows 10. Goodness gracious do I freaking hate windows after leaving it behind when Vista was the current OS. Everything is there, just not in a location that makes sense, and the GUI is too much like a mobile 0S and not enough like a desktop.

    End rant.

    submitted by /u/zellamayzao
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur stopped asking for password, always unlocks

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). It has gone through all the OS updates during the years and the security preferences have remained mostly unchanged: FileVault on, require password immediately, no screen saver.

    Since I updated to Big Sur a few days ago, it has stopped asking me for a password when waking up from sleep. It still asks for a password when I boot up or lock the screen, but just letting the display go blank (either time out or using a hot corner), letting it sleep from the apple menu, timeout or closing the lid will not ask me for a password after waking up again. I changed the preferences back and forth, restarted etc., nothing changed.

    This machine contains sensitive data and is occasionally used in rather hostile environments. I rely on the ability to just close the lid and move quickly, so I would rather have this functionality back :-) I'm very comfortable using the terminal to diagnose or change this behaviour, but maybe someone else has experienced and fixed this before.

    submitted by /u/DistributionBusy1839
    [link] [comments]

    System using too much storage, MacBook slow. Any solution?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    Big/Bug Sur…Yeah it's stable but the new UI is grotesque

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:26 AM PDT

    Mac equivalent of Process Explorer in Windows ? There's a process in my MBA that keeps spiking periodically but Activity Monitor's CPU graph isn't interactive - doesn't show which process it is.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    One has to sit staring at the Monitor's CPU listing to figure out what the offending process is .. and one could still miss it. On Windows, Process Explorer's graph is interactive, so all you need to do is to mouseover the spike & it shows you the name of the process/ app that's spiking

    submitted by /u/dattara
    [link] [comments]

    Upload photos directly to image sites on internet from Mac?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    Are there any photo sites that allows me to download an app / plugin for mac so that i can directly upload images to the site? similar to imgur site.

    I want to be able to right click and the upload the photo to the photo site and be able to share the photo on forums etc.

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    How to know about all the running apps in the background?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Coming from Linux/Windows, apps usually quit when you close the window. But macOS keeps the apps running in background until you quit them through Cmd + Q or from the Menu bar.

    This isn't a problem for me but I have set my dock not to show any recent applications (keeps it cleaner for me). And for example when I close the window of Preview, the app will also go away from the dock. Nevertheless, it will still show up as running in background when I select Force Quit. It turns out there were a whole lot of apps running in background that I had no clue of.

    Assuming open apps still take up resources in the background, is there any way of knowing what apps are still open in the background? Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/CreativeBorder
    [link] [comments]

    Some basic Questions about File-structure! (Beginner)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    Some basic Questions about File-structure! (Beginner)

    Hello guys I have my first MacBook and I have some questions about file structure! As an example I downloaded DOSBOX I opened it and then I have some sort of drive on my desktop, what I do with this after it unpacked, I already put the program DOSBOX in my App folder.

    In generally could someone give me tips to keep everything "clean" on my MacBook, like when I make new folders for my webpages for VScode where should I get them to keep my desktop clean?

    Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/woh0nqz97pt61.png?width=254&format=png&auto=webp&s=1cec351a3950cd9b6c5979567db91becff2ccc2e

    submitted by /u/AtroopAT8
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off chime when clicking mouse/trackpad on MacOS BigSur

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Ever since Apple released the macOS Big Sur update, whenever I press the trackpad onto something that is not in the window it wants to me use, a chime rings. I am trying to figure out how to turn it off because it never used to do that before, but I can't seem to figure out how. Do you guys have any suggestions or solutions?

    submitted by /u/Stephguyy
    [link] [comments]

    How to make files lock to grid in finder in Big Sur

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    I was wondering how to make files in finder snap to grid in macOS Big Sur 11.2

    submitted by /u/Ring_Rang
    [link] [comments]

    WD Passport for mac external hard drive can’t be read.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:19 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I accidentally dropped my hard drive, and it's been over a month now. I'm trying to move my photos and videos to another external drive but i'm having problems connecting it and disk utility gives me error messages. Is there anything else i can do to save or move my files?

    Also, is it safe to use data recovery program on a problematic drive? ( + i'm thinking about formatting and run the recovery program. )

    Any advice would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/p1zzap1anet
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air black bar on screen

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    Worth updating from Mojave to Big Sur on 2019 Macbook pro 15?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    Ik this question is asked a lot, but for those rocking 2019 models, have u upgraded to big sur?

    I heard there is a performance loss and battery hit?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/YourDailyConsumer
    [link] [comments]

    I am a Linux user and I have to accept that very few distros can match Mac OS X when it comes to design. Lol just kidding it's still good though.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    How Make reaper Menu Bar Faster with Terminal?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Hi,

    So I have the Manu Bar Hidden on my MBP 13" for having more screen space, the problem is that when putting the mouse over the top, THE MENU BAR REAPPEARS TOO SLOW, how make the motion faster?

    (In other chat, advise was given for making the Dock reappear faster and worked wonders)

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/areallnamestakenreal
    [link] [comments]

    Finder similar to Directory Opus

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:06 PM PDT

    Just got my first MacOS machine (MacBook Air M1, 16GB, 1TB). Everythings works flawless. No bluetooth issues with my MX3 mouse or Apple Keyboard as well as my BenQ 32. What really bothers me is the finder app. Coming from Windows with Directory Opus, Finder feels like stone age. Is there anything similar to that. I know the usual suspects like Forklift3 and PathFinder. Dual Pane is a must Thanks

    submitted by /u/GerChick
    [link] [comments]

    [Possible Fix] Intel Mac Users with Chrome Helper Using Excessive CPU

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    Finder slow to update in Big Sur?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Hey gang,

    Ever since I upgraded to Big Sur, my Finder folder has been slow to update. Half of my job is just attaching documents to messages, so I'm often using my "Downloads" folder sorted by "Date modified." Since updating when I go to attach a file, it either (a) takes a really long time to open, (b) opens but shows files most recently updated hours/days ago (rather than the most recently downloaded file at the top) or both. I have to reopen the file finder multiple times before it shows my most recently downloaded file at the top, and every time I go to open it, it takes a long time to load. I tried clearing out some old files and doubled my available storage but the same issue persists.

    Any ideas? It's really slowing down my speed at work, but it occurs when attaching files on any platform or when opening the Finder to look. TYIA!

    submitted by /u/IalwaysANAL
    [link] [comments]

    is it normal to have 10-20°C higher idle temps in big sur than in mojave?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    hi there!
    im always having temps between 50-60°C in idle in big sur, in mojave (only) 35-40°C. is that normal or is there a way to fix that?

    submitted by /u/AUGPLAYER21
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to Login to Apple ID on Mac

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    I can’t Force quit finder

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    It only gives me the option to relaunch finder (version 11.3) macOS Big Sur 11.3 Dev beta I think 8.

    Edit: I just purchased an M1 Mac Mini. Wow is all I have to say. The last Apple computer I used was the Macintosh back in like 85 when I was in junior high,

    submitted by /u/MrOptiX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel