• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 10, 2021

    Apple TV Am I the only one who actually likes the Siri Remote?

    Apple TV Am I the only one who actually likes the Siri Remote?


    Am I the only one who actually likes the Siri Remote?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    One of my favorite features about the Apple TV 4K is it's 10 second rewind. I use this feature a lot. Like, a lot a lot! I probably do a quick rewind once every two or three minutes when watching a show because I'm obsessive about catching every little piece of dialog. The Siri remote is by far the fastest and least intrusive when it comes to this feature!

    When I've used my Amazon Fire Stick or the internal apps on my TV, it always pauses the show and pulls up a scrubbing bar that you need then scrub through to get to where you want to be. The whole process isn't long, maybe five seconds, but compared to the nearly instantaneous rewind of the Apple TV, those few seconds feel like decades. And when you use the rewind features as much as I do, it makes watching shows nearly impossible.

    Now that's not to say the remote is perfect, it's far from it. But this one feature is enough to make me deal with its quirks because it works so well! I know I'm in the minority here, but when the new Apple TV comes out, I genuinely hope Apple either gives you the option to use the old Siri remote or finds a way to make a new, more traditional, remote use access this feature in a similarly seamless way.

    submitted by /u/kimbolll
    [link] [comments]

    Items in “Up Next” not being removed, even after manually selecting “mark as watched” or “remove from up next”.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    When inside the TV app on my Apple TV 4K, I try marking "episodes as watched" or "remove from up next" and they will disappear and pop right back up. It was just my Apple TV at first but now all my Apple devices have this "bug". Curious if anyone else is experiencing this? Thinking it might be a server side issue.

    Edit: So far it's Apple TV Channels (ATV+, Showtime, Paramount+, AMC+), Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon. And multiple shows/movies. So probably all of them lol

    submitted by /u/BiteofAAPL
    [link] [comments]

    Why did they change "fast forward" on the 4K Siri Remote?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    I just changed from ATV 4 to ATV 5 and its remote seems to be a little different. On the ATV 4 remote i could just double press on the right side of the "touch pad" to fast forward. On the ATV 5 remote i have to press on the right edge and release to fast forward. Doesn't sound like much difference but for some reason i keep missing fast forwards way more often than before.

    Could i just get me an ATV 4 remote to have it the old way again or is this caused by the different ATV 5 hardware?

    submitted by /u/Love-Vigilantes
    [link] [comments]

    Did they just add Fast forward/rewind support on spotify?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Or have i just not figured out how to do it before now? I don't think i was able to do it before... BUT at least i am able to do it now!

    submitted by /u/Ok-Lifeguard-8822
    [link] [comments]

    Overwhelmed and need to simplify

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung frame. I have an Apple TV 4K. I have a formuler z8. I am overwhelmed by all the apps and platforms and ways to watch content. I have Netflix, prime, Apple TV... Can someone please help me to figure out how I can streamline all this?

    submitted by /u/wonderlust75
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to Access Settings Menu/Subscribe/Watch Any Shows

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    So last week everything was working fine but now when I go to the apple plus website to watch things everything says to sign up for the free trail, when I do and login it says I am already subscribed and then kicks me back to the main page with nothing changed. When i try to click on settings the same thing happens. Anyone have any idea wtf is going on and how to fix it. Pretty annoying that the service I pay for isnt letting me even access my account settings let alone the content that I pay monthly for.

    submitted by /u/BIPY26
    [link] [comments]

    This is getting annoying!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    When your girlfriend sleeps ��

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Justin Timberlake In Talks To Play ‘Gong Show’ Host/CIA Assassin Chuck Barris In TV Series Apple Bought

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Can’t play For All Mankind all of the sudden, nor can I use AirPlay to play it. Anyone else???

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    Everything else on AppleTV+ seems to work, but for some reason all of the sudden I can't watch For All Mankind on my AppleTV 3rd Gen. WTF Apple???

    Edit: Working now. Guessing it was just a server issue over at Apple.

    submitted by /u/DragonDropTechnology
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to remove some streaming services from Apple TV?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    My Apple TV shows content from: Netflix Disney SVT Cmore Viasat

    I don't have a subscription to Cmore and Viasat. Is it possible to filter out content from these providers?

    submitted by /u/dududududududddd
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to buy a used AppleTV?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    Is it possible for the previous owner to modify it so that they gain access to any passwords I enter into it or anything like that?

    submitted by /u/DJB126
    [link] [comments]

    What is Volume 7 ? Is it every episode ?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    N30 Pro 2

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Has anyone gotten to try out this controller with the Apple TV? I'd love to buy it, but not sure if it will work.

    submitted by /u/---NoThisIsPatrick
    [link] [comments]

    Connection lost

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    Hey everybody. I have the Apple TV 4K model and when I use YouTube my connection drops a lot. It doesn't happen on any other apps. I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/stealth1307
    [link] [comments]

    ‘Five Days At Memorial’: Cornelius Smith Jr. Joins Apple’s Limited Series From John Ridley & Carlton Cuse

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    Some questions about the Photos app

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    I use iCloud photo library as my main photo storage/browser. My TV supports airplay, but the user experience of airplaying photos from my phone to the TV...kinda sucks. Video playback stutters and drops frames to the point of being useless. It disconnects airplay temporarily when you're browsing through photos on your phone, I'd rather have a gallery on my TV. Finally, it doesn't display HDR photos in HDR the way they do on my iPhone 12 pro. While an AppleTV photos app could theoretically offer a better experience, I've heard some mixed things about whether it actually does. Some questions for anyone with an AppleTV (preferably also an iPhone 12):

    1. Does the AppleTV play iPhone videos in full quality? Or are they the 720p 30fps downscaled copies?
    2. Does the AppleTV support the Dolby Vision videos from the iPhone 12? My TV (TCL 6) does not play them back directly either via Plex (they play but the video and audio de-sync). So currently I have these wonderful 4K60 HDR videos and no way to actually play them on my 4K60 HDR TV. As far as I can tell from Googling, the current AppleTV is not able to play them either?
    3. Does it display HDR photos in the high-contrast "HDR" mode used on OLED iPhones? Or the "SDR" mode used on LCD iPhones/iPads? (see this comparison pic if you're not familiar with this feature)
    submitted by /u/JtheNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Remote randomly loses connection

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Hey guys, this seems to happen maybe every couple months. My Siri remote flashes back and forth constantly from "lost connection" to "connected". The remote is charged up, and nothing has changed or been added that might cause some sort of interference, as some have suggested in the past. But this is super annoying and basically means I can't control the Apple TV. Usually the remote that's built in to control center can be used in a pinch, but not always. Here's what is looks like:

    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0MQmdn_iAftGKdpjeH64_SAlw#Purcellville_-_Main_Street_Village

    submitted by /u/DW5150
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recording Apple TV doesn’t work....any way to get the recording?? Help!!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I need to record this thing off Apple TV. Nothing illegal, I promise, it's just old segments of a show that doesn't exist anymore anywhere off of Apple TV and I'd like to archive them before it's too late. Please let me know if there's anything I can do, thanks!

    submitted by /u/divavida
    [link] [comments]

    How is Apple TV 4K for Apple Arcade?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I was thinking for a while about buying an Apple TV 4K mainly for using the Apple Arcade service and Steam Link games with a controller (Dualshock 4) in a big screen. I have a Samsung 4K Smart TV (model UE50RU7105K). It can go 4K/60hz to my knowledge, and supports HDR and Airplay. In any case, it would not be my main console or anything, just a way to play Arcade exclusives on a big screen, which i can´t do right now. I already have an iPhone 8 Plus, a 2018 iPad and a 2018 Macbook Pro, plus Airpods Gen2 and Watch S3, so you could say the ecosystem is almost complete for me xD I´m more of a traditional gamer, so i prefer playing with a controller rather than with touch controls. I tested my devices with Aiplay on my TV, but streaming lag makes games unplayable.

    I understand there is a new Apple TV model coming soon since forever (maybe this month, maybe June, maybe never xD). If rumors are true, it would add 120hz (which i can´t use on my TV) and a better processor (maybe A12X, maybe A14X). Considering this will essentially be a companion device for my PS5 / Series S, i don´t plan on spending a lot on the Apple TV if the current model (A10X, 3gb ram) runs games properly. 199€ for the 32gb model seemed like a good deal to me, but if this new model upped the price to like 299€ while discontinuing the current cheaper one it would be less appealing. I chose many of my Apple devices guided by the principle of "buying what i need for my use, not the most powerful or up-to-date device".

    Do you think Apple TV 4K is worth it in my situation? Are there any games on Arcade that perform poorly on the current Apple TV 4K? Any additional problems while gaming on this device? Should i wait hoping for the newer model with a similar price tag?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/AgumonDX
    [link] [comments]

    How to save VLC credentials?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    So I have a NAS that provides a SMB share, protected by authentication. VLC keeps on forgetting my user and pass even if I press on the "save" button when logging in. Am I doing something wrong? In the past it kept the credentials for a while, now it changed its mind apparently or is just haunted.

    Alternatively, do you know an app (paid is ok) that allows me to play my music files (FLAC or course, hi-res) from my SMB share and that also remembers my credentials?

    submitted by /u/Cintanyervadasz
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone happen to have the name and address of the person or persons who designed the AppleTV remote?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    I'd like a fucking word

    submitted by /u/BLUNTYEYEDFOOL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel