• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Apple Macbook Late 2009 Polycarbonate Macbook (A1342) upgrades

    Apple Macbook Late 2009 Polycarbonate Macbook (A1342) upgrades


    Late 2009 Polycarbonate Macbook (A1342) upgrades

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    Hello, I have an old Macbook that I would like to use as a secondary machine. It currently has 4gb of ram and a 250gb HDD. I would like to upgrade the ram and the storage to an SSD so that it's faster, and I was wondering which parts I could buy that are compatible.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Radiolarompe
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my Macbook Air

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    what do i do?? I dropped my macbook Air. Ever since then the screen flickers and it lags and freezes on me. It only runs smoothly for a bit before it starts to lag again. It also wont let me click on certain things, like youtube videos i have to click the "open in another tab" in order for it to work. Is it worth it to fix? I am trying to produce music, and i cant if it cant even load a video.. Already spent 600$ to fix it so frustrating. Are there better laptops for music production??

    submitted by /u/miahoneyyy
    [link] [comments]

    When should I upgrade?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    Hey mac users, currently I have a Lenovo Yoga 710, and it's so old with so many issues I cant list them all. I want to upgrade to a MacBook as soon as possible so I can do school, and do photo and video work... I am wanting to get a MacBook pro, but I'm wondering if I should get the 2020 M1 version, or stick it out a little longer until the 14-inch models release... Ive heard that they are most likely going to be released in July but not 100% sure. Any advice helps!

    tl:dr I have a crappy laptop and wondering if I should upgrade to 2020 M1 MacBook pro, or wait until the 14-inch models release.

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal_Pick502
    [link] [comments]

    Help to extend desktop to two additional screens MacBook Pro 13" 2017 a1708

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Hi there, I'm not super great with MacBooks.

    Here is what I would like to do...

    I would like to use my MacBook Pro to run to screens/ extend my desktop. I would like to put my MacBook to sleep and have two screens to work off of. I would also like to connect a wireless keyboard, probably not a mac, to my setup in addition to my Mac mouse.

    Can someone help me to find all the little dongles I will need to do this?

    Please?

    I have been doing a lot of spreadsheets and documentation so my tiny little screen is killing me.

    Please help a lost soul...

    submitted by /u/RootbeerEyedDog
    [link] [comments]

    Don't buy your first MacBook thinking it will be a 'secondary' device

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    M1 MacBook Air Speaker Problem

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Should I wait MB Pro 14'' or 16'' ?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    I will be a computer science major student in September '21. Should I wait for the new M1X processor model? Will it able to reach my school season?

    submitted by /u/iaminwormhole
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to purchase a MacBook, no idea where to start

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    I am a teacher and I'm thinking of switching from My old Lenovo to a MacBook. I would use it mainly to browse the internet, watch videos, use Microsoft Teams and not much more. I want something fast. I would appreciate any recommendations

    submitted by /u/PositiveVibesNow
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air Late 2020 Has a 10 year old battery installed. Can this even be possible ?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    I bought a new Macbook Air M1 a couple of weeks back and it's a great machine.

    I've been exploring a few things in the about this mac menu. I was curious to get even more info about the battery. I downloaded a couple of battery health apps. To my surprise both apps claim the battery was manufactured in 2011 !!... Can that be accurate ?

    I can't believe that my new Macbook Air actually contains a battery that's already 10 years old.

    I am curious to know what is going on.

    Does anybody have any insight into what is going on ?

    submitted by /u/Ashanticus
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find big download hidden somewhere in my Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    I just tried downloading Twinmotion (Unreal Engine application) for some design projects, and it told me I needed 27 GB free, which I had 29 gb free. For some reason it told me that I didn't have enough space, and did not download; and now there is 25 GB of space missing on my computer!

    Does anyone know where I could find where this giant file is?

    submitted by /u/PIN-Code-Robin-Hood
    [link] [comments]

    would sidecar over usb still allow for mobile hotspot on the ipads with cellular?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    im considering to buy an mac and an ipad at the same time so im currently considering having 256gb + cellular compared to the 512 with no cellular for my ipad as im leaning more towards the cellular version so i can have some sort of "cellular modem" for my mac while using sidecar

    submitted by /u/cheesydoritoschips
    [link] [comments]

    Certain games and software running at what seems to be half resolution, wanting to run at full. (M1 MBA)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I use my macbook generally for school work and stuff like that, and I have a dedicated computer for gaming but that doesn't stop me from playing the odd game or two on the MBA due to its performance. Ever since I got it a few weeks ago, things like the built in screen shot software (using cmd+shift+4 for example) only take screenshots at partial resolution, and not full. Another noticeable case of this happening is trying to play a game that I wouldn't usually play (like roblox for example) only running at what looks like 1/2 screen resolution. Is there any fix to this? Or am I stuck playing at 1500x1000? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Eskaa_
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative best app for Spycam from Zipzap. I tried emailing them but no one is answering. I purchased it years ago and doesn’t work now with Big Sur. I want to ask if do you have any ideas to any best alternative app from this. Inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks!

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    CONFUSED WHAT TO GO FOR!?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    So I recently bought myself a MacBook m1 air I'm really confused should I buy a sleeve for it or a hard shell transparent case?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/SellPrudent
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro screen repair question

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I was using my laptop one morning and when to shut the laptop screen and heard a sound I think but thought nothing of it. When I went to open it back up the screen looked totally normal until the computer when to fire up... enter white screen of death. Nothing I tried got rid of the white screen. We finally got around to bringing it in someplace because we've been in lockdowns over in ireland, and the guy tells us the screen needs to be replaced and doesn't say why. I thought the cause of a white screen was caused by something internal? My screen is perfectly fine ( no breaks, scratches etc) other than the fact it only displays the white screen. My husband and I are wary of the PC repair people in this area as they have a nack for trying to make an extra buck of of you if they can go unnoticed. So, I'm asking for those more technologically savvy, does this sound right? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/motherandthephoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Unknow symbol in menu bar

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    Unknow symbol in menu bar

    Since today I've noticed this new symbol in my menu bar. Never saw it before and I don't get any information by hovering over it nor clicking on it. Does anyone have any idea, what this could be?

    https://preview.redd.it/55yfn82erbt61.png?width=28&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff0479bb46694dfb8719d66cb44e66f6e77880fc

    submitted by /u/IP3T0r
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Any good recommendations for sleeve brand, MacBook Air A2179?

    submitted by /u/Melody_Sound
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to connect my USB interface to my Mac I plugged it in and i'm still not hearing any audio in my headphones that are plugged into the interface. What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    11% off New Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB Storage, 2.3GHz Intel Core i9), on Amazon today

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel