• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 11, 2021

    Apple Macbook Is there anywhere I can find a glowing Apple logo kit like they make for the iPhones that fits an m1 Air?

    Apple Macbook Is there anywhere I can find a glowing Apple logo kit like they make for the iPhones that fits an m1 Air?


    Is there anywhere I can find a glowing Apple logo kit like they make for the iPhones that fits an m1 Air?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4M4tqwaFY
    Something like this, or the kits they make to do this. Even something that just sticks onto the back would be cool. I own a 2010 MB Pro 17" and not having the glow on the back of my m1 air is filling me with an air of disappointment. Does anyone know if someone sells something like this?

    submitted by /u/toomuchfez
    [link] [comments]

    13 inch MacBook Pro 2011 with an anti-glare screen. Never seen one like this before! (Yes it’s actually a MacBook Pro, not an Air)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    MacBook Air 2015 problem Maybe dead Pixel or Sand behind lcd?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    13 inch MacBook Pro 2011 with an anti-glare screen. Never seen one like this before! (Yes it’s actually a MacBook Pro, not an Air)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    2 Days old MacBook Air STAINS in the Display what should I do? It's my first MacBook...

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro and I haven’t updated the server in a while. The version I have is 10.5.8 and I want to update it to snow leopard. I haven’t gotten any notifications to update. All I found was 10.6.1 and up. I did not see 10.6. What can I do so I can update the server?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    I have 2 MacBook pros. One I have had since 2008 and 5 years ago it started working slow and got messed up but it didn't break I was still able to use it. A year later I got a new MacBook Pro. Now I am using my old Mac book pro for a little then I will go back to my newer MacBook Pro.

    submitted by /u/SaraSmileBFAndrew
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook keyboard and trackpad not working

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    Hi

    Well its by my own doing!

    Have a macbook A1708, trackpad was faulty so replaced but forgot to disconnect battery. The cable for trackpad set on fire. Replaced cable with new one but still not working and now only power button works on keyboard.

    External works fine, but when in osx is slow as anything. I have bootcamp installed and when in windows is fine.

    Question is what steps should I take to investigate further, have I damaged the logic board and wpuld this explain the slowness in osx?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Intrepid-Mission3953
    [link] [comments]

    Battery in Macbook

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Hi i want buy a macbook pro m1, but i will use it 15 hours a day, edit a movie most of this time i will be spend in photoshop listening to music browsing social media and sometimes play leauge of legends it will be in use all day like i wrote before and now i want to know how to load it? can I have it 24/7 in the charger? will something happen with the macbook? will be used for 3-4 years like that, so i have to take care of the batteries from the beginning any advice, suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Melodic-Print5029
    [link] [comments]

    what’s the name of the leather usb-c hub that sits underneath the macbook?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    i remember seeing it on a tech youtube video years ago, i recently got a new macbook air and would like a leather dock that sits underneath the laptop and can be used to plug in many different devices

    does anyone know what it's called? i cant find it on amazon or anywhere else

    submitted by /u/reddit_mods_r_fagots
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting to buy a MacBook, but...

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    So, I want to buy my first MacBook. I have always been a Windows/Linux user, but the M1 processor has really impressed me!

    However, the problem is... My current laptop has a 17-inch screen, and the M1 MacBooks, only have a 13-inch screen. So I wonder if I will get used to it easily or not, as I'm currently used to work on a big screen.

    I could wait for the MacBook Pro 16-inch with M1X, but, at the same time, I want something lightweight and portable, because my current laptop weights around 2.1kg, and that's too much if I need portability.

    Another option is buying a MacBook Air, and then connecting it to an external monitor, so I could use it when I'm at home and in this way, it will be like using a Mac Mini with a big screen.

    What's your advice for my situation?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Adrii2026
    [link] [comments]

    Apple not replacing my MacBook

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    I received a replacement MacBook Pro for my 2016 (upgraded to 2017) when my keyboard failed 3 times within a year. My 2017 MacBook has been good until the last 2 years, keys constantly getting stuck. Went to Apple Store 2-3 times within 2018 - 2020 to get it 'cleaned'. Keyboard failed in May 2020 so they replaced the whole bottom half. Fast forward to October, keys are getting inconsistent so I called in to report it. Today, my "e" key is bottomed out (not clicking). In October they offered a replacement machine but I needed my computer so I declined because the problem wasn't that bad and they said I was still in warranty.

    Called in today and they told me to bring it into the store for "repair". I hate going to the Apple Store because it's such a huge waste of time. I need the computer and I want it replaced. She told me I had to get the device 'repaired' 4 times within a year for a replacement device and I didn't meet the criteria. Is there anything you guys recommend to get a new machine? I paid $2000+ for this computer and it's making me sick.

    submitted by /u/xVincex
    [link] [comments]

    Safari usage in screentime

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    Safari usage in screentime

    Hi all, just picked up an M1 13" MacBookPro about a week ago and am loving it! I am fairly new to Macs and am still learning the ins and outs. While browsing around in screen time today I noticed that safari has been using f.shgcdn and an odd cloud front webpage consistently for 13hrs a day. Seems to be doing it even when the MacBook is closed. Anyone else have experience with this?

    https://preview.redd.it/ihgupra10ks61.png?width=920&format=png&auto=webp&s=fdad63fc2fd802effe631baa2cd1e0ec372b3416

    submitted by /u/DarkS2K
    [link] [comments]

    How often should I turn off my Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    I honestly don't know how to make my laptop last as long as possible. What typically wears out first? And how can I extend the life of that component? How long do MacBook Pros usually last?

    I have a 2018 and 2019, both 15-inch MacBook Pros. My 2018 won't work unless it's plugged in. I don't want to destroy my 2019 before its time but I don't know how to make it last. (In case it's not obvious, I never turn them off.)

    Whenever I google stuff like this, I get long boring articles about virus protection and screen protectors. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/super_common_name
    [link] [comments]

    Getting "Battery Service Recommended" Warning on my new MacBook Air M1

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    I got a new MacBook Air M1 today and while I was setting up the laptop I suddenly got the battery service recommended warning. I checked my battery health and it's at 100%. I've been going through the internet and found out that it's a known bug. Can anyone please suggest me what should I do here? Is this really just a bug and I can just ignore it? Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/vinsmokeg661
    [link] [comments]

    Best value under 400CAD

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    Anyone know the best value macbook for under 400 cad? Also where is the best place to look for them?

    submitted by /u/yungdripfart
    [link] [comments]

    Unplugging/Replugging USB-C

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    I am a university student using the 2020 MBP with 4 ports. I have a connected secondary monitor that uses a HDMI->USB-C adapter. My concern is that when I'm back in person and moving around with my laptop a lot or coming home and setting up again, I will have to connect and reconnect my adapter a lot and potentially wear down the port. Has anyone had an issue with loose ports or with something in the same vein as this concern? And how do you tackle it?

    submitted by /u/motherwilma
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone recommend an ergonomic setup for my MacBook pro?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Like many of us, I now work from home. I've been working from my Macbook Pro from a desk without any ergonomic modifications and my wrists are really starting to hurt. Can anyone recommend a setup to make things ergonomic? I'm thinking of a laptop stand, a wireless mouse, a wireless keyboard, and a wrist pad and/or mouse pad if needed. If you have a setup that works for you, please reply with links or names of products. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Competitive-Usual844
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    New to macos please help? Any tips are welcome. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Low_Director3495
    [link] [comments]

    Base m1 8gb model for video editing

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I want to take the base model on the m1 Air with 8GB of RAM. Please tell me how it shows itself in editing and rendering videos? Interested in editing videos up to 30 minutes in 1080

    submitted by /u/psyapathy
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 15 INCH 2018 REPAIR QUESTION

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    So I have this small dent on the inclosure of my MacBook and have some small keyboard issues. I was wondering when you go in for a repair and you pay the price they tell you (with AP) do they give you a new one or do they just replace the parts?

    submitted by /u/Chris-392
    [link] [comments]

    Questions before purchasing Caldigit T3 Pro for my Macbook Air

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    I have dual 2560x1440 monitors that I need to connect to my new Macbook air m1 and have pretty much decided to get the Caldigit T3 Pro based on the overwhelming recommendations from various subs. I have a couple questions before committing to the purchase I was hoping the community could answer.

    • What cable do I need to connect between my Macbook and the Caldigit hub? I think I remember reading they do not recommend the cable that comes with your Macbook. Do I need to purchase a separate cable on top of the Caldigit?
    • What cable and adapter should I purchase to connect the Caldigit thunderbolt 3 to my monitors displayport 2.0b?
    • Is there anything else I should be aware of before committing to the purchase?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/crispyfrybits
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good laptop bag for my M1 air

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    As the title suggests, looking for a good laptop bag for my M1 air but I also want it to be big enough to handle a large led sized Pro if/when I upgrade. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MatrixPrime81
    [link] [comments]

    Why are apps I’ve downloaded with my user downloading for other users on my macbook

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    If you want me to explain or elaborate on anything, I would be glad to.

    submitted by /u/avid2474
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, hi, hi!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    I was hoping to get some personal opinions on which MacBook is recommended. I'm not a heavy computer user, I edit pictures here and there, mostly use for researching, Microsoft word, and currently zooms. The longest I've used it for, or had it on in a day would be about 4 hours, and not continuously. I've had this MacBook Pro since 2014, and it's definitely running noticeably slower, it'll have random shut offs from time to time, and it freezes or lags every once in a while.

    I'm looking to get a a new pro or air, but before I do, I wanted to know others experiences with either one in terms of longevity, performance, issues, so pretty much personal pros and cons, if you will. Please and thank you! :)

    submitted by /u/djaane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel