• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Apple Macbook I love the MacBook Boot sound on my M1 Air.

    Apple Macbook I love the MacBook Boot sound on my M1 Air.


    I love the MacBook Boot sound on my M1 Air.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    I usually don't shutdown my Mac, so I was wondering if it was possible to play that sound when i open my Macbook from sleep?

    Like running a script to play a file, on login.

    submitted by /u/ItsDSD
    [link] [comments]

    RAM Slot issues Macbook

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a 13" Macbook pro late 2011. It has started having RAM issues (indicated by beeping on startup). I've discovered that one of the two RAM slots is the issue. It originally came with 2 sticks of 2gb RAM, but to compensate for the lack of slot, I have a 8gb RAM stick that I am putting in the healthy slot.

    This allowed the macbook to boot up without the beeps, and to be usable for a brief period of time, but now it is abruptly restarting every few minutes. Is this still a RAM issue? If so, is it fixable? Or is it another issue altogether? Any info is greatly appreciated as I would like to get this dinosaur back to health!

    submitted by /u/scruffy_nerf_turder
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting video glitches like this. Any advice? I've double checked the videos on other devices and it's only happening on my mac

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    my mac dock apps dont open every few days

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    Newly bought.

    submitted by /u/Extreme5670
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me find what ssd size I need for my MacBook Pro model 12,1?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Hi, just purchased a 2015 MacBook Pro 13inch model 12,1. I also purchased from Samsung a 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB. After trying to install it, it looks like the ssd I got is to small. Can someone point me to the right ssd I need?

    https://postimg.cc/q6h2Dr6M

    submitted by /u/AppleCrisps76
    [link] [comments]

    Trade in or worth the fix!?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    Soooo my 2016 MacBook Pro with Retina display just died on me. I checked the battery life status and it's functioning at a 1% and will not charge anymore due to a "defective battery". Sooo should I suck it up and wait to get the battery replaced (and possibly pay for it) or should I trade it in for the new iPad? One pro would be the iPad and pencil would make my job a bit easier (I'm a photo editor and graphic designer). A con would be the fact that I wouldn't have full access to some programs since iPad apps water them down. I'm stressing-I use this laptop for work, please help!

    submitted by /u/ElizabethWilliam95
    [link] [comments]

    should I get the 2020 MacBook Air or Pro?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    I only use my current MBP for casual use which is YouTube, social media, sometimes work related stuff. I'm wanting to enroll in university soon and also play sims and gta which currently overheat my 2015 pro. I know MacBooks aren't the best for gaming but I would just like a system that's not going to fry my legs and open super slow like my 2015 is doing right now. Also, I find the touchbar interesting but worried that it'll break easily or get in the way. Any opinions about it as well?

    submitted by /u/softdimple
    [link] [comments]

    My screen for my Macbook Pro is too zoomed in. I tried to change the resolution and it still is too zommed in. Any way to fix it.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2011 repair question

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    A couple months ago I fixed up a used 2011 13" MacBook Pro. But the battery is completely wasted. Is there a good place I can go to get a quality replacement? I haven't been able to find one with good reviews regarding charge time and overall longevity

    submitted by /u/AlexDavis2001
    [link] [comments]

    Question from a 1st MacBook user (m1 MacBook Air arriving soon)

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    I have heard that some do not advice using a protective cover for the MacBook. I am wondering if I should get a plastic case for protection as well as a screen cover without worrying about heating issues

    submitted by /u/Pancakesmith
    [link] [comments]

    My 1 year old mac takes a fucking long time to upload or download something.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    ISO m.2 enclosure for 13" MBP M1

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    hey guys. i just ordered the new MPB and i'm looking to get some fast external storage for it. like even faster than the samsung t5/t7 series. I'm kinda lost looking for m.2 enclosures that are compatible with M1. Hoping to get 10gbs or greater out of an external m.2 set up. Any recommendations or advice?

    This is for video editing of 6K raw files so i'm trying maximize speed and reliability as much as possible. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cinemaphonic
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook makes hollow sounds

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Ever since the new update, my mac has been making hollow sounds on weird occasions. It never sounds off when I watch a video or listen to spotify. It's just hollow when it's anything with the system e.g. putting something in the trash. It also happens when I connect my airpods and I go into a google meet, whereas when I'm listening to Spotify through my airpods nothing happens..... anyone got an idea what to do?

    submitted by /u/postponestudentloan
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro temperature with external monitor

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! I know this subject has already been posted but I'm curious: I just got a 27" 1440p monitor to plug into my 15" 2017 MBP. I usually leave the MBP in clamshell mode and just use the monitor. Like many others, I'm noticing some increase in temperature (not in fan speed though) and was wondering what you all think:

    • Without a monitor, the temperature is around 38-40°C and fans are spinning at their slowest speed just under 2000RPM.
    • When I plug the monitor in and leave the MBP closed, the fans remain at around the same speed (never above 2500RPM), but the temperature goes us to 48-55°C when browsing online (Firefox), doing emails or taking notes. It's not a huge bump but enough so that I can feel the MBP being warmer to the touch and I'm wondering if this increase could damage any component. I know the CPU is meant to operate normally up to 100°C, but I was curious to have your thoughts on this. I'd rather return the monitor while I can than frying something inside the laptop.

    Thanks all ✌🏻

    submitted by /u/pierregoaer
    [link] [comments]

    Corporate vs. Student discount: What's better?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what the discount is for healthcare workers/corporate when buying macbooks at the store? I know here in Alberta, Canada I was able to get I think around $20-40 off my airpods and $40 off for iPhone 11 (bought separately).

    I'm buying the Macbook Air M1 16GB RAM with 512GB SSD. And when checking out online using their student discount it actually gives me a total savings of $160. Does anyone know which one would give me a better deal, corporate vs student discount? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/avocadoe
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for image viewer app

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Basically I need an image viewer app like apollo but not that expensive one. I want to see the images like thumbnails and change thr images with trackpad. Any advices?

    submitted by /u/rogyord
    [link] [comments]

    Change sound volume by program

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    Hello,

    so one thing i miss from Windows is the ability to not only change the master volume, but also the volume of each program that is running. Is there a way i can do this on MacOS? Or a utility i can install to do this? Hope someone can help me with this.

    submitted by /u/isisirisi
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPad and MacBook production delayed due to supply shortage

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Macbook Air M1 model number

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Hey guys! Does anyone know the model number for the macbook air M1? ( I don't know if the numbers are different for base models). I'm trying to buy a case, keyboard cover set from Amazon and I know that the newer MBA have bigger L and R arrows. Just trying to get the right size! Also, any brand recommendations for a silicon case? I've read some bad reviews on hard shell and I would rather use a silicon one as well anyway for extra protection. Any tips would be great! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/avocadoe
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to mount iso files on the silicon MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    How much would you pay for this Macbook?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    I have a late 2011 Macbook in pristene condition. There is hardly any sign of wear on the body at all and everyhting functions fine. If I were to install a new battery, upgrade the memory to 8 or 12 GB, and replace the spinning drive with an SSD, how much would I be able to sell it for? I'm debating whether to sell as is or with upgrades.

    submitted by /u/Shatneriffic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel