• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Apple Help What is this? The person who sent this to me can’t see it, and they aren’t doing it. How do I stop it?

    Apple Help What is this? The person who sent this to me can’t see it, and they aren’t doing it. How do I stop it?


    What is this? The person who sent this to me can’t see it, and they aren’t doing it. How do I stop it?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    Snagged an old iMac computer, will a hard reset take care of viruses?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    My mom gave me her old iMac, but it runs really slow. According to her, it's because it's full of information and might have a virus or two.

    There's nothing important on there so I'm wondering if resetting it all will save me a trip to the genius bar. It's decently old (at least 5 years but not more than 8). I just turned it on and it looks like it functions okay but I haven't done too much digging around in it.

    submitted by /u/idk_probablynot
    [link] [comments]

    Traded in Macbook to Apple Last year. Somehow screwed up turning off Find My/removing Apple ID

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Basically Title.

    Last year I traded in a MBP and I followed all of the instructions on what to do to prepare the device for trade in- or so I thought. A few days ago I started to receive FaceTime calls and text messages from a random email account messaging me about a device I sold and I blocked them immediately thinking it was spam. It was until a little while later that I remembered about the traded in MBP. I checked Find My app and saw a new device, listed as "apple's MacBook Pro" in china.

    I signed into my Apple ID on the web and selected "Remove from Account" and thought all was well until just now, when I checked the Find My app for something unrelated and saw the device listed there again.

    I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Can anyone please advise on what steps I can make on my end to make this right?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Efp722
    [link] [comments]

    SSD works fine in Mac but won’t show up in recovery mode- trying to wipe it

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    I'm trying to wipe everything from my adata SSD before returning it to amazon. The SSD loads fine, but to erase it I was told I need to boot into recovery mode. The problem is it doesn't show up in disk utility when I do this. I am booting through internet (command + r).

    I believe I have big sur on this SSD vs El Capitan on my older SSD so could that be an issue? I can't load my El Capitan time machine backup because the SSD won't show up

    Is there some way I can wipe the SSD from the regular log in menu?

    submitted by /u/AnAccountForNews
    [link] [comments]

    I’m really frustrated.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    Anyone know why i keep getting this pop up?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    iPhone text messages disappearing

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6s and I recently got the iMessage update. After my phone died and I turned it back on and checked messages, it said I had only one text from one of my contacts who is an android user and when I closed and reopened iMessage, it went back to normal except now I can't find that text and it shows the last text sent a few days ago as the last text, the new one vanished. I tried turning off imessage and MMS messaging in settings, but I still don't have that text, what can I do?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/samcello
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fully reset my iPhone XR?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    I am in a situation where my phone is completely stuck on the complete reset screen meaning that I cannot see anything except for the apple logo and a small bar below it

    Is there any way to make the apple logo disappear and go back to the home menu

    Also I can screenshot which means that I am at the home screen but still stuck with the apple logo black screen

    submitted by /u/Kittuola991
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch workout question

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    Is there a way for the watch to detect I'm at the gym (location) and a reminder will pop up to select an exercise? I always just passively use the Apple Watch but now I'm doing a challenge with someone and want to record the workouts.

    submitted by /u/Matt13n33
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications turning phone screen on

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Hey! So I have a question, if I enable notifications of all apps and for every notification the screen lights up, is this okay for my phone? Or will it cause some damage/ageing than regular in the future!?

    Just needed to know!

    submitted by /u/tooconfusedasheck
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t want iCloud photos form my iphone on my Mac

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    How to remove my iCloud photos on my Mac from my iPhone? I don't want any photos from my iPhone to be on my Mac. I think I disabled syncing, but the photos are still there. Any idea how to remove them?

    submitted by /u/alloraarch
    [link] [comments]

    Activation locked iPad

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    Ok, so about 5 years ago, my family bought an iPad 4th generation for my grandmother. It was used for e-books and stuff. Fast forward a couple of years, the iPad has been collecting dust on a shelf. We didn't know what the passcode was, so we factory reset it. When going through the setup process, it says at the end that it is activation locked, and that it is already linked to an apple id. This was made by my mother years ago. It shows the first letter of the ID and @ icloud. com after it. She doesn't remember the full name nor the password for it. This is really unfortunate as it's a perfectly fine iPad just sitting around. I'm pretty sure I know what the username is, but when I type in a password it says that the apple ID has been disabled and that I need to reset the password at appleid.apple.com. I have no idea what the security questions are, and I don't recognise the linked email address either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/ihonestly_dk
    [link] [comments]

    reseting a iphone 7?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:23 PM PDT

    I found a old iphone 7 and i cant figure our how to unlock it ,its disabled and i have no apple id, is their a way to solve this? I foggily remember that hugh jeffries did a vid where he downloaded a linux based os to get around this? Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/Icy_Sheepherder9413
    [link] [comments]

    Activation lock

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get into my old iPad mini but I'm stuck at activation lock. The Apple ID it wants me to log into doesn't exist anymore so everything I try doesn't work, also I removed the iPad from my current iPhone account and activation lock still comes up. Is there anyway I can unlock it or am I permanently locked out?

    submitted by /u/ur_nan_is_my_mce
    [link] [comments]

    I want to delete files to save up storage

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    I've been having some major storage space problems. I literally just want to take some of my devices documents, photos, etc. stuff I haven't touched in a while but are sentimental, and transfer them onto another storage device, then delete the original copy. This should be easy. I bought a Lacie Toolkit storage device, but it says it syncs the copies. So if I delete one copy, it'll delete the other... WTF is the point of having a storage device if it'll just delete the copy once it syncs up. That defeats the entire purpose! Am I missing something??

    submitted by /u/Olympe_Gouges
    [link] [comments]

    I have A weird situation. My activity app says that I am using Email App Client, but I dont have such a app downloaded to my iPhone. What I can do?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    iPhone warranty question

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    If I buy a new sealed iPhone from somewhere other than apple will it come with warranty? I've been told that 1 year warranty starts when you activate the phone.. is this right? I'm in uk and will be buying from eBay..

    submitted by /u/108k902
    [link] [comments]

    Big problem on MacBook Pro 2018

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Hello, I have bought a MacBook Pro 15 (16gb ram) a couple years ago and I had only trouble ever since. I'm looking for any way out I might have at this point since this computer is really expensive (took a loan to buy it) and I can't buy another one right now, I also don't want to sell it to someone with all the problem it has, that wouldn't be fair on the poor guy buying it.

    The problem I have is every time I use it for a while or on specific tasks, it will inevitably crash and lag hard for a few minutes (if I shut down everything). In the beginning it happened very rarely, I just thought it was the heat so I removed the case I bought 80€ at the apple store because they advised me to do so, as it could create heating problem. After more than a year of trouble I finally sorta found the worst I can ask my almost 2800€ MacBook Pro : going on twitch. I go on there so often that I didn't make the link for a while but now if I go on twitch I have a chance out of two that it will crash in 30 min. Tonight it happened on YouTube (with chess site on the side). No other big program or anything. I bought the computer to use it with the Adobe suite initially, and gave up of course. Now I mostly use my 8 year old HP pc, and even with an old i5 and gtx760 it still perform much better.

    I'm really desperate at this point, I tried bringing it to the apple store for repair before the 2 year warranty finished in November, I had to take the afternoon, leave my MacBook for a week, and when I got it back I was so happy to find it brand new. Except they « found nothing wrong » and just removed the dust, and it still had all the issues.

    I also have a couple keys (mostly N and the spacebar sometimes. Try to type a sentence without the N key you'll get how fun it is) that no longer work correctly but that is apparently a « known issue » on MacBook Pro.

    Please if anyone has a solution or an idea I would greatly appreciate, I know apple doesn't replace MacBooks so I'll have to keep this crappy one, but if it could at least run a browser page without crashing it would be cool.

    Those are links to recordings of a few times it crashed, If you want to understand better what I tried to describe, the last one dating of tonight while browsing YouTube.

    a crash / a small one / a big one / tonight crash

    If you took the time to read all of that, thanks a lot i appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Cartoone9
    [link] [comments]

    ~1 month (less than) old iPhone 11 , already lost 1% on the battery capacity pro tips on good keeping of it?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    The microphone on my sister's iphone xr isn't working as well as it used to. Is there anything I can buy to replace the mic?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    Long story short, my sister has a few months left to live and she's stuck in the hospital for the remainder of her time. My brother in law can't be at the hospital all of the time but he wants to hear what the doctors are saying when they give a diagnosis, and it's just not clear enough with the condition of her mic at the moment.

    Will those Rode mics work over calls and fix the issue of the broken built-in mic? None of those mics list it as a feature so I am assuming they are working only for recording videos or using apps made by the manufacturer.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or workarounds

    submitted by /u/doobie83
    [link] [comments]

    Retrieve phots from broken ipad.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Hi, i was wondering if there is any possible way to retrieve photos from my ipad which is broken. it will not turn on or charge but i still want the pictures on it. i cannot use icloud as my photos from it are not uploaded to the cloud so i was wondering if there was any other way to get them?

    submitted by /u/imareddituserfightme
    [link] [comments]

    Please, is it broken beyond repair?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    2006 Macbook Pro no display or chime, solid sleep light.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Just picked up a Late 2006 15" Macbook Pro (2.33GHz Core 2 Duo) and it's not working. The battery is bad and slightly swollen so I removed it. When I plug in the charger, it turns on automatically but nothing else happens. The screen doesn't turn on, there's no boot chime, and the sleep indicator light stays on solid. Removing the ram or using different ram doesn't change anything. Caps lock key does nothing. What could possibly be the problem? Do these machines need a working battery to function?

    submitted by /u/jmanx360
    [link] [comments]

    Notes app not showing search results.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    why does this pop up literally every 7 seconds what is this?! it’s annoying af

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel