• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 14, 2021

    Apple Help Is there any way to fix this, it won’t let me toggle on or off it’s just grated

    Apple Help Is there any way to fix this, it won’t let me toggle on or off it’s just grated


    Is there any way to fix this, it won’t let me toggle on or off it’s just grated

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Iphone 10 in recovery mode. As soon as it tries to start up, it shuts off, and then back on. I've tried everything from hard restarting to manually pulling it out of recovery mode. The phone was dropped, from what I was told. I'm sure it might be a hardware issue, however I have no idea. Any advice?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    My 11” iPad Pro from 2018 finally bent – what now?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    I've had this device since it launched, and I remember some controversy after release about how easily it bends.

    I've not had any issues with this until now, though it did seem to crash every few weeks while gaming so maybe it did bend but just wasn't visible.

    Performance doesn't seem to be affected by the bend but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time. It's not bent on the Apple Pencil side, only the other side.

    Is there a repair/replacement program for people affected by this "bendgate", without AppleCare, or am I out of luck?

    Thank you!

    PS, this is in Australia.

    submitted by /u/elysianism
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for free or paid app that can build these

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    Can’t find Macintosh HD to install macOS

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    Error -5101f when trying to use Internet Recorvery

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Friend had a friend of thiers sell them their old iMac (not sure which exact model) I went and wiped the hard drive but now that I did that, I can't access normal recovery mode, only Internet Recovery. Problem is I simply cannot get that to work either. No matter if I use wifi or ethernet it shows the same error. Absolutely nothing I find online fixes this issue..

    submitted by /u/KalebNoobMaster
    [link] [comments]

    I factory reset my MacBook Air to give it away, but there's no room for a system update.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    Background: So, I recently bought a beefy new gaming laptop, and I'm no longer in need of my old MacBook Air. A friend was interested in taking it, so I transferred over all my files and factory reset the MacBook. However, despite all of my personal files and applications being removed, there's not enough disk space available to update from Catalina to Big Sur (only 11.42 GB available of the 12.21 needed). Looking at the storage, it says 92.17 GB are taken up by "other volumes in container." Did I fail to properly reset the laptop? Is there a hidden backup file hogging space somewhere? Or is she simply too old to function anymore...? Please let me know if anyone has some advice!

    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Model: MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)

    Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Same post, different subreddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/techhelp/comments/mr2sfr/i_factory_reset_my_macbook_air_to_give_it_away/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/MacBookHelp/comments/mr2pp3/i_factory_reset_my_macbook_air_to_give_it_away/

    submitted by /u/theFrostySlime
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Pro 2008 question

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    I was wondering what would be the best native graphics card for a 2008 mac pro with pcie 2.0 16 lane and 300 watts. I know this is low power lol, but I wanted to see if I could upgrade this computer.

    submitted by /u/glipglop13
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded to iPhone 12 Pro today, and some photos from my old phone just transferred?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:06 PM PDT

    I'm so confused right now. The last iCloud backup my old phone had was in July 2018. I have over 30k photos on the old phone, and I was almost out of storage on 256gb because of it, so I upgraded today.

    I didn't want my photos to transfer over to the new phone and I don't understand how 6k of them transferred just now. It chose the pictures randomly it seems, the last picture that transferred was from April 4th. I've taken photos on my old phone since then.

    If I delete these, will they get removed from my old phone too?

    submitted by /u/MoonlitApparition
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods and water resistance

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    So I just got new airpods for my birthday today and I really like them. But quick question, is it okay to plug them in/use them after a shower? Meaning does the moisture or little bit of water around my ears effect them, and if so then why?

    submitted by /u/stickminman
    [link] [comments]

    How do I tell if my AirPods are real

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    2011 MacBook Pro - is it dead??

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    My 2011 15in MacBook Pro had the battery expand about a year ago. I finally decided it wouldn't hurt to try and get it running again. I replaced the touchpad(which cracked) and battery. My computer had been backed up so I did a format on the hard drive and reinstalled the OS and it was back to working so I took it a step further and upgraded it to a SSD. my computer has never worked better! Until now.

    I was backing up my iPhone pictures to it and all the sudden the screen went black with constant beeping. I force shut it down and tried to reboot and it loads halfway on the apple bar and then goes to a white screen that never loads.I know beeping and a black screen usually means ram, so I reset the ram with the hot keys and then it went into a boot loop, where it would do the chime and restart. I got 2 new sticks of ram and put them in it and also had the same issues. Where it gets weird is I cannot start in safe mode at all. It gets about 3/4 the way loaded on the apple screen then turns white and never changes. I decided to plug my old hard dive into an external usb and tried to book from it, same issue. Halfway load then to a white screen and never loads. I wanted to remove the possibility it was the adapter/usb so I replaced the ssd with the original in the computer and same issues. I did get into hardware check by starting up holding "D" and after scanning the hardware it said no issues(this was when the ssd was in the computer). I have no idea what to do next or what the issue could be. Any help would be great. I'm just afraid the mother board is the issue at this point.

    submitted by /u/TopInside709
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR keeps randomly shutting off?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    My phone keeps randomly shutting down, as in completely powering down. I have to hold the power button and see the Apple logo and such to get it back up only for it to happen again. My battery health is at 89% and it doesn't say there was an unexpected shutdown. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Abject_Leave_2636
    [link] [comments]

    Mirroring iPad to tv

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    I'm looking to mirror my iPad to my tv, more specifically to watch Netflix and Amazon. Since I have a limited data plan, I download my programs to the apps, then go home to watch. With the right adapter, can I do this? I've heard of Netflix and Amazon not being compatible while mirroring so thought I would double check. TIA.

    submitted by /u/tequilasunrize87
    [link] [comments]

    Wrong address ins subscriptions when using Apple Card

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    So I found out this annoying problem, when I pay my music and icloud subscriptions with my apple card, the bill I receive in my email shows a wrong billing address (I don't live there anymore)

    I've checked and made sure that everywhere in the apple ecosystem my billing address is the correct one, but it does not change on the music or icloud subscription page when using my apple card... funny enough, if I change the payment method to another card, it shows the correct address... it's driving me mad

    submitted by /u/mariuzzo
    [link] [comments]

    Have I been hacked?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    A "Finder" app appeared in my Applications. I am quite sure there wasn't an app for "Finder" in Applications. Asked my friend to double check on their computer and they don't have one.

    It kept asking for permissions to keychain passwords and a bunch of folders (Desktop, Downloads etc.).

    I think it may be malware using name and logo of Finder to blend in. Is this possible?

    I recently downloaded a zip file with an Xcode project from fiverr and this is why I am so paranoid.

    Have I been hacked? If so, any recommendations on how to deal with this?

    Your help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/WolfOfSesameStrt
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube on iPad 3 not working

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Of course this happens after my applecare+ ran out, anyone deal with this before? and how much apple charged to fix?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    So I’m trying to get my Printer/Scanner set up and I keep getting this message. I’ve never gotten this before and this printer has worked on here before so I don’t know what has happened and what to do to fix this

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    [IPAD] Can't connect to my home wifi, but can connect to other wifi

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    I can't connect to my home wifi using my Model A1893 . Other devices can connect, my iPad is the only one that can't. I can connect the iPad to other wifi connections. I've tried resetting the network settings, but to no avail. Do you have any tips on how to solve this issue? I'm thinking the issue is with the router, but I'd like to hear if you've experienced anything like it.

    submitted by /u/Bobchi
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone battery health at 88% in less than a year

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm new to the iOS ecosystem (first iPhone). I saw that my battery health is already down to 88% after about 10 months. Is that normal? My phone is the SE (2020). If I have Apple Care, would they replace my battery?

    submitted by /u/nooddd
    [link] [comments]

    is there a way to clear my icloud storage?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    i keep getting that pop up that says to buy more icloud storage and how mine is full. is there a way to clear it? like deleting stuff that i don't use? i've tried deleting apps and pictures but nothing works. any help? thanks!

    submitted by /u/Character_Implement
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MBP white screen on boot

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:19 PM PDT

    It was working fine until yesterday. Literally nothing happened since and it's been sitting on my desk.

    I press the power button and get a bar that loads up, then a white screen with an octagonal sign in the middle, or just a blank white space.

    The model is an old early 2011 MBP.

    What can I do to diagnose at home?? please help

    edit: managed to turn it on, but it freezes with a spinning wheel when I click Chrome?

    submitted by /u/tooo_spicy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Swollen Battery

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    Hi Internet humans! I hope this post isn't breaking any rules. I am wondering if this was normal customer service... I recently noticed the text on my iPhone 12 Pro screen looks warped a couple weeks ago. Fast forward to a few days ago and it's much more warped. I checked the side of my phone and the entire screen is lifting. I can see the metal INSIDE of the phone and it smells bad when I sniff it. I took it to the Apple Genius Bar and they told me my battery is swelling and I need a new battery- great ok. BUT, no battery in stock and it will take 3-5 days so I have to come back when they call me to let me know it's in stock. Is this even safe? Sounds like a liability to me? Or am I overreacting and it's probably just fine?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Mention1690
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to get an ipad out of activation lock if you don’t know the apple ID or password

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    I recently found an old Ipad I had but I couldn't remember the password, so I restored it on my pc and it's stuck on an activation lock screen and I don't remember the password or ID. Is there anyway of getting past it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Benny-Boy523
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel