• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 14, 2021

    iPad Am I the only one who obsessed about an iPad before getting it, and not really using it after purchase?

    iPad Am I the only one who obsessed about an iPad before getting it, and not really using it after purchase?


    Am I the only one who obsessed about an iPad before getting it, and not really using it after purchase?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    It has been a few months since I got it yet I barely use it. Even got the pencil and goodnotes. Yet I'm not comfortable at all taking my notes on it. Especially now that all my courses are online it's just easier to type on my PC while having the class's zoom call open on my second screen.

    I actually still use my old Android tablet (Nvidia shield k1) due to youtube vanced and front facing speakers.

    So my iPad is kinda just collecting dust...

    Idk why I'm writing all this, guess I just wanted to let it out lol.

    submitted by /u/ErenYeagersAbs
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe-up gesture to go to home screen no longer working when I am in any application.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I've recently encountered an error where I cannot swipe up to go to the home screen (only in portrait mode, for no apparent reason) on my 2020 iPad Pro. It is fully up-to-date, I have tried closing all apps, restarting it, force-restarting it, etc, with no success. I cannot find anyone who has encountered this issue, and I am wondering if anyone on here has a solution. I am an economics phd student, so I average about 11 hours per day working on it. I've enabled the accessibility widget to allow me to navigate, but it is still very frustrating, as it is only a few months old.

    *EDIT: I should also note that it works when I initially unlock the iPad. It only stops working when I am in applications (all of them that I have tried, so far). It seemed to stop working initially while running a screen share in Zoom, while using GoodNotes. Not sure if that is crucial info or not.

    submitted by /u/GankyMcGankface
    [link] [comments]

    why can’t you put widgets on the home screen?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Files app problem

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Files app in iPadOS has some annoying limitation. For example, if i'm trying to copy a large files form SMB server, it almost certainly going to freeze (i i think this is because the system is copying that file into the ipad's cache.). And the lack of an actual progress bar sometimes bugs me.

    submitted by /u/_birojodoh
    [link] [comments]

    Touch ID button on iPad Air loose?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Should it be a bit wobbly? I would've thought it should be as solid as the lock button on my iPhone. But it has a reasonable amount of play in it - on the iPad, and feels like a cheap tablet. The volume rockets are rock solid though.

    I know it seems pedantic, but I didn't pay £700+ for something with wobbly buttons. Would Apple replace it? It's only 7 weeks old.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/xkittenslave
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to use iPad Air in direct sunlight

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    I primarily use my iPad for drawing and want to be able to take it outside. The issue is under direct sunlight the screen isn't bright enough to be clearly visible. There are a number of screen protectors claiming to fix this issue but there seem to be mixed reviews about how well they work. Just wondering if someone out there has found a good way to solve this issue. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/campincarl1222
    [link] [comments]

    Can an iPad work as Windows or MacOS keyboard maybe using an app?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Suppose you have an iPad and a Windows desktop.

    No external keyboards.

    You want to use the iPad as main machine and type on the Windows machine for some task.

    How can the iPad be configured as external keyboard of the Windows?

    I am not searching for remote desktop application or hardware. Best would be an application installed on the iPad using the RDP protocol, using user credentials, but without anything installed on Windows

    submitted by /u/aspublic
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys have a favorite ipad? Base ipad? ipad mini? ipad air? ipad pro?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    Does ipad 4 (2020) support usb mics?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    My gf is teaching singing and due to covid she is working only online through zoom and skype. She has a rode nt-usb mini mic (usb c port) as well as regular rode nt-usb and i'm thinking if it's doable to connect any of those mics to an ipad?
    Edit: i don't have an ipad yet.

    submitted by /u/ixinho
    [link] [comments]

    [Part 2] Wings of Icarus: iPad Pro Horror Repair Story

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    Please check out my first post for context~

    When we last left off, I had decided to go through with contacting Apple for a replacement of my Silver 2020 11" iPad Pro 512 GB. I was initially hesitant because it would be the fourth time I'd try getting a replacement because of dead screen pixels and debris under the backlight, and the fifth iPad overall to experience these issues. But with the encouragement (and empathetic frustration) of other Reddit users, I decided to bite the bullet and make the call.

    I want to start off by giving credit where credit is due. I may have had good (not great) customer service at my local Apple Store, but directly calling Apple's help center is definitely the way to go for special circumstances like mine. My case was assigned to a senior advisor/supervisor, and she and I have been in contact via email since my call. She is very patient and helpful, and seemingly just as frustrated with my circumstance as I am.

    But. There's always a but. Despite being sent a brand new in box replacement iPad, the problems continue. At no fault of Apple's, FedEx decided that my package, which departed from a town about 45 minutes from my address, needed to fly all the way to a different time zone before being returned to its point of origin and then to my doorstep. What was supposed to be a two day express shipment took ten days.

    That was only a mild annoyance, though. Once my package arrived, all was forgiven. I opened up the iPad and did a fresh setup so I could access the brightness controls as quickly as possible. Physically, the iPad has some less-than-insignificant gaps around where the screen meets the metal chassis. Nothing too bad, but certainly noticeable. I can live with that. I turned the screen brightness up all the way, and the dreaded dark strip of backlight was present. It's like one of the tiny backlight LEDs is not working to its full ability, and the screen between the darkened bar and the right-most screen border has some noticeable light bleed. Fine. No dead pixels though.

    I contacted my Apple Rep and told her the good news. I rejoiced, she rejoiced, all was well in the world of first world problems. I decided it was safe to apply my Paperlike screen protector and get to sketching. And then it happened. There, resting just within that dark bar-like shape on the screen....was a dead pixel.

    The shock, the horror, the frustration. It appears to be only one dead pixel (versus the cluster of dead pixels on the iPad I most recently sent back), and it's not extremely visible at a regular reading distance, but I know it's there and my OCD will not let me forget it. Despite this, I was pretty much done at this point and decided to at least let my Rep know that the issue is still present, others have experienced it as well, and there might be something wrong with production.

    She was pretty remorseful that even this replacement was affected by the curse of the dead pixel, and understood my hesitation with trying another replacement. She urged me to bring the iPad into my local store for a more immediate replacement, however. I thought about it for a few days and decided that I would be foolish to not at least keep trying. After all, other customers out there have the same variation of iPad I have and don't have these issues....so why can't I?

    I agreed to another replacement via mail delivery, as the last time I went in-store, the employee assisting me said he couldn't see the dead pixel. I don't really want to go back for a product issue, partially because I'm embarrassed by how many times I've been in - but mostly because I want to spend a decent amount of time using and observing my replacement before I give the all clear again.

    My Apple contact did also ask for a more detailed description of where the dead pixels have been on my iPads so she can create a report for the engineering team. Hopefully my experience will help in some way.

    And that is where we currently stand. I will be sure to post another update (and hopefully the last) once this new replacement arrives.

    Thanks for reading and for joining me on this journey.

    submitted by /u/Jemster07
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best study setup in this situation?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:18 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I bought a new iPad Air the other day and I was trying to use it for studying and reading. I bought Notability and downloaded the tutorials that I was to watch. I want to able to watch the tutorial and write/highlight stuff at the same time? The way I am doing it now is by pausing the tutorial and write notes but I wasn't fulfilled by this. I also have a tv that I can use for screen morning if it helps. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/flight862
    [link] [comments]

    Apple CarPlay on iPad

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    So I have the newest iPad Air and I throughly enjoy it. I know that MOST people would not have a purpose for Apple CarPlay on an iPad/ would not NEED It. However I think that having the iPad be Apple CarPlay compatible would be really beneficial and cool for people who might use an iPad rather than their cellphone while driving, ie Uber, Lyft, and taxi drivers. Your thoughts on iPad having Apple CarPlay abilities?

    submitted by /u/Xanderman99
    [link] [comments]

    Mini LED vs OLED: What can we expect from New iPad Pro [April 20 Event Rumor]

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    My little old iPad (freedom)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    I'm just very much obsessed with this iPad mini first generation.

    I've had a iPad 2019 and iPad 2017 before, but this one gives me a whole different vibe. I like the button, the rather small screen and the way its battery is functioning just like the first day back in 2012.

    I don't know why, but maybe this reminds me of good old days when iPads were quite new and I loved them as a teenager.

    And now I use this iPad mini from 2012 for watching YouTube and writing stuff in it, and whenever I look at it, I see freedom. From all the work I have to do on my other devices, this one gives me some time for myself.

    I know there are still many people here who love their iPad mini first generation.

    submitted by /u/prism_s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel