• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    macOS Tutorial- How to PROPERLY reset an M1 MacBook.

    macOS Tutorial- How to PROPERLY reset an M1 MacBook.


    Tutorial- How to PROPERLY reset an M1 MacBook.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:54 PM PST

    1. Open "System Preferences" and make sure you're signed out of iCloud.
    2. Shut Down your MacBook.
    3. Proceed to turn your Mac back on, hold power+cmd+r (This will boot you into recovery mode.)
    4. Select "Options" and click Continue.
    5. Click on "Disc Utility" and erase your "Data" partition.
    6. Exit the Disc Utility.
    7. Navigate to the Menu Bar and click "Utilities".
    8. Click on "Terminal" and enter the command: resetpassword
    9. Click the "Activate Mac" window that has now appeared behind your terminal.
    10. Now there should be a "Recovery Assistant" option at your Menu Bar, Select that option and "Erase Mac".
    11. You should boot into recovery mode, if you're in a bootloop just hold cmd+r when your Mac tries to boot up again.
    12. Select "Options" again, and select "Reinstall macOS".
    13. Now follow the on screen instructions from there and you should be good!

    I know a lot of people have had trouble with this, I have asked Apple Support and they said this is the most efficient way to reset an M1 Mac. Hope this helps!

    submitted by /u/shadoez16
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Big Sur battery leak

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:56 PM PST

    I updated to big sur on my 2020 intel MacBook Pro and it's draining battery much faster than Catalina. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/daxter_101
    [link] [comments]

    Apple usb keyboard rarely works with M1 Mac mini.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:45 PM PST

    Just curious to see if anyone is having issues with the Apple usb keyboard? I don't use Bluetooth keyboards because the two bought lose connection often so I went with the old Apple USB magic keyboard. Numerous times after my Mini goes to sleep, the keyboard just stops working.

    I tried both USB ports and restarting but it decides to work at a later time. I ended up getting an HP keyboard and it works. The problem is no keyboard shortcuts for Mac OS functions. I'm running Big Sur as well. Any suggestions or is this a common issue for others?

    submitted by /u/Kumachan77
    [link] [comments]

    On macOS Big Sur, how do you cycle through the 3 buttons using only your keyboard?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:55 AM PST

    bootcamp

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:52 PM PST

    good evening. I've been stuck in boot camp windows 10 for a week now I tried everything all the buttons and what not it wont load anything just boot up into windows. I've have no clue what to do. it just has a black screen

    submitted by /u/fadedbape
    [link] [comments]

    SafeToUpgrade.com -- dev tool macOS compatibility table

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:46 PM PST

    There’s any “must have” iOS app for the M1’s? Any recommendation?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:49 AM PST

    Automating Do Not Disturb

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:22 AM PST

    I was wondering if there was a way to make DND come on automatically when I have a calendar entry?

    When physically in work, it's fine as I just close my Mac when I don't want to be disturbed, like in meetings but now I am sharing my screen a lot in video calls due to lockdown and it keep forgetting to have DND on.

    I know that I can manually set it to come on at certain times, but that's not overly helpful as it's just one period of the day.

    submitted by /u/Melack70
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Mouse

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    I haven't used my Apple mouse in a few days, and when I go to use it today, the buttons(left-click and right-click) work just fine but the cursor either doesn't move at all or barely moves. After a few minutes, the cursor worked fine for a couple of seconds then went back to not working. Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it dead?

    submitted by /u/Bity12345
    [link] [comments]

    How does recent files works?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:28 PM PST

    Fairly new with mac (about 6 months) but in the las few days i have been downloading various files that is save on different folders, but when i want to search it from Recent folder they wont appear. A bug or macos have some sort of preferences for that folder?

    submitted by /u/gergi88
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a noob help

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:26 PM PST

    Hey guys, so I'm looking to buy a used iMac, everything looks great but it runs on Mojave, can this be upgraded once it stops being supported ? Should I avoid the Mac based on this? Confused!

    submitted by /u/NathanJohnDouglas
    [link] [comments]

    Apple's Safari should create its own dark reader

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:37 AM PST

    To clarify, by dark reader I mean a utility often downloaded as an extension to turn entire webpages into dark mode compared to just the app theme. It seems like the proper move as people move away from bright white screens that strain the eye and Apple is a privacy-oriented company. Dark reader extensions feel sooo nice, but like any extension it's another threat vector for leaky data as most extensions process webpage data to some degree.

    submitted by /u/metamorphosis4862
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it so difficult to search for folders, files, and downloads?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:39 PM PST

    Long time MacOS user here.

    Can someone help me change the settings on the most recent MacOS so that it's easier to view my files? They have made it nearly impossible to find downloads and to search for other files. I want to be able to click on My Computer/ My MAC on the left hand side and see the files' organized neatly in the finder and that feature is GONE.

    Second, when I copy the downloads folder to the desktop, it copies the file there but new downloads do not populate there. How can I have the downloads folder ON my desktop so that when new downloads go there, they populate in that folder?

    Yet another way Apple has made their products less user-friendly.

    submitted by /u/_fruiting_bodies
    [link] [comments]

    Desktops/apps disappear when monitor is disconnected

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:08 PM PST

    Does anyone experience desktops disappearing after unplugging an external monitor? Suppose I have 4 desktops, 2 on the laptop screen and 2 on the external monitor. When I unplug the monitor, there are only 2 desktops left. And the windows / applications on the other two desktop computers are gone. If you have seen this, do you know a solution?

    I regularly unplug my laptop and take it to another room to work for a couple of hours, and this error is making my life painful.

    submitted by /u/dingo_bat
    [link] [comments]

    Can't disable Siri Suggestions in Spotlight

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    I want Spotlight to basically only reference Applications since that's all I ever use it for. If I go to Spotlight settings (Big Sur) and disable everything but Applications, nothing changes. Then sometime later it seems like all of the other settings re-enable themselves. Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Nose_Fetish
    [link] [comments]

    LiteIcon Alternative for Big Sur?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:29 PM PST

    Can anyone recommend a LiteIcon alternative for big Sur? Their website says they're working on an update so that it can work with Big Sur, but there's no ETA.

    As I'm sure many people have noticed that Big Sur is so incredibly ugly!! What on EARTH was Apple thinking with this UI? Honestly, it's horrendous!

    My first reaction was to roll back the OS... but that's a huge process. So now I'm working from two different OS between my iMac and Macbook, because I'm not making the same mistake twice!!

    I'm hoping that updating the icons will help somewhat... although I don't think there's much I can do about Finder.

    Between this and the decision to block Airplay on Fitness Plus, I'm really starting to reconsider using Apple (if you knew me, you'd know how big of a statement this is for me).

    submitted by /u/jesinta-m
    [link] [comments]

    Ordered M1 MacBook Pro but doubtful now

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:04 PM PST

    So I ordered an 8 GB MacBook Pro 13" which will be delivered in a few days. I'm a computer engineering student and have been a windows user since forever. After a lot of recommendations I decided to get a MacBook. I just realized that I will need to use C and was previously using codeblocks on my Dell. What IDE works as close to codeblocks as possible on the Mac? I've been going through articles about running C on Mac and it seems so complicated. Please help!

    submitted by /u/TiredUniStudent_
    [link] [comments]

    macOS BIg Sur v11.1's TM likes to do huge back ups to the new USB3 Seagate 5 TB HDD?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:13 PM PST

    Hello.

    I started a brand new Time Machine (1 partition is using encrypted APFS for TM; other 2 are for exFAT for now) back up late last night. I started its first one that took a long time (almost 400 GB of datas out of 2 TB). After it was done, I unmounted and then disconnected.

    I reconnected about 30 minutes ago to do another manual back up, and noticed it was doing a long back up! What the heck? I thought it is supposed to do incremental back ups like the old macOS (e.g., Mojave v10.14.6 and earlier)'s TMs. Did Big Sur's TM change something?

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to fix these corrupt jpegs?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Issues with desktops

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    https://reddit.com/link/ktf2ea/video/yb4vwzyf47a61/player

    My MBP has been doing some weird stuff with my desktops for a little while now. I am in Big Sur 11.1 and I've noticed my screen flashes black upon start-up and then often flashes pink when I Cmnd+Q a window and it automatically transitions back to the home screen. This is just occasional, but now I'm having a more persistent issue where my desktops are experiencing severe lag and some form of partial blacking/whiting out? I have tried to show it in the above screen recording.

    Basically, when loading my first desktop it loads the old wallpaper I had on it, and when swiping to Desktop 2 it keeps the background from Desktop 1 for a second or so. At the end of the recording, you can also see my screen starts rendering random white chunks across it. I feel like this is probably more concerning? These are all Apple's native wallpapers, so I wouldn't imagine there is an issue with the wallpapers themselves. Spotify also appears as a solid grey screen in the preview when I swipe up and takes a few seconds to appear when I open it - I do not remember any of this happening back in Catalina. I know it's obviously not the end of the world, but as I'm sure many are familiar; Apple usually functions so seamlessly that when things like this happen it sticks out like a sore thumb and becomes quite irritating.

    If anyone could please give some insight as to what is going on and how I might be able to go about fixing it, it would be much appreciated!

    I am using;

    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

    2.9GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

    32GB 2400 MHz DDR4

    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

    In the recording, my battery is @ ~70% and I only have Safari, Chrome, Spotify, and QuickTime open. I had also restarted my Mac just before this recording (after already having the same issues before restart).

    submitted by /u/DistinctHunt4646
    [link] [comments]

    New Mac book MacOS Big sid Update HELP

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:16 PM PST

    Hi , today I just got a new Macbook air 2020 for the first time and as soon as I got it , it started updating to Big Sur...The problem I have is , is whenever it gets to 52 minutes remaining of the update it says "An internet connection is required to download MacOS" even though my wifi is strong and I've tried to reinstall the update 3 times and whenever it gets to 52 minutes it says the same thing...I don't know what to do because i cant access any settings anywhere or press on the options at the top such as Files,help etc... Please someone help me I tried to search online but nothing helps and I have nothing on my drive because this is a brand new macbook :(

    submitted by /u/Crazy-Manufacturer87
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel