• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 5, 2021

    Apple TV Our soundbar turns on automatically when we switch to the AppleTV

    Apple TV Our soundbar turns on automatically when we switch to the AppleTV


    Our soundbar turns on automatically when we switch to the AppleTV

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:35 PM PST

    We got an Apple TV 4k for Christmas and hooked it up and set it up with no issue, but whenever we hit one of the buttons on the ATV remote, it not only switches to the HDMI input that has the ATV, it turns on our soundbar. It wouldnt be SUCH a big issue if the sound on the TV didn't skip and go in and out whenever the soundbar is turned on this way.

    We have no idea why it does this. We didnt set it up to have any external remote to control it, and this did not occur when we had our previous streaming device hooked up.

    Any idea how we can prevent this?

    submitted by /u/dg8672
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix keeps crashing

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:22 PM PST

    Hi there,

    since Christmas the Netflix app keeps crashing over and over again after watching some minutes and it's really, really slow to load streams. (error message -11800)

    According the official support site you should reset your network settings, reinstall the app or unplug power from your TV to get rid of this issue. I did all of these things and using a smart plug power is turned off every time I'm not using my home theatre setup. Nothings seems to fix this issue.

    As Amazon Prime and Apple TV+ are working just fine and my speedtest results are also looking really good, I'd say this is a Netflix related issue.

    Is anyone having the same problems?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Cubi_Reviews
    [link] [comments]

    Just curious why First Blood Part 2 and Rambo 3 are not for sale anymore. I was interested in the Rambo bundle but those two are rent only.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:06 PM PST

    Fellowship of the ring unplayable from Apple?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    I am able to watch the Two Towers and Return of the King extended on appleTv. But Fellowship of the Ring extended is not listed in my library after purchasing. If I go to the item page, I have the option to buy FoTR and if I do, it says "You have already purchased this item, continue to download?" If I do, it spins for a minute then I am kicked back to the item page with an error. The same thing happens on my AppleTV AND my iPhone. So it seems like a problem with the store, not my account.

    submitted by /u/Electrical_Spite_477
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to buy an apple tv!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:39 PM PST

    Hi! I am currently considering the purchase of an apple tv for my bedroom television. I am, however, questionning whether i should buy one now (4k version) or just wait for a new model to come out since there has been an awful lot of rumors indicating that a renewed version was about to be released. Moreover, if i choose to buy one of the existing models, should i go for a 64 gb version? Is 32 Gb enough?

    thanks alot for your help!

    submitted by /u/Tamerejlamet
    [link] [comments]

    My continuing problems with the Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    We have been having problems unlike any I have seen discussed on forums, so I come here to ask if anyone else has had similar issues or if I may just be terribly unlucky. Starting from about a year after we bought the 4K the voice search function stopped working inside of any app. When you press the voice search button it automatically pulls up Siri even though you are in the search of a different app (YouTube, netflix, Hulu, etc.). This is a problem both with the remotes and using the remote app on our iPhones. In fact, inside of all of these apps the icon for voice search in the search location does not show up. One of the other problems that started more recently is that the remote will randomly disconnect and reconnect as you are trying to use it. Finally the last major issue that I am having is that the YouTube app will completely freeze up and not allow you to move or click on anything. It takes quite a bit of prompting to get back to the Home Screen, but even after resetting the Apple TV the issue remains. The only way to resolve the issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app, but that leaves us having to log back into all of our profiles. I believe that we have the first generation of the 4K. We have never had any issues with our regular Apple TV, so we were wondering if any of these issues have been happening for anyone else. Any troubleshooting tips are welcomed.

    submitted by /u/hunterjf93
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi/Ethernet Issues

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have an Apple TV 4K (I've had it for years now) & have been experiencing some connection issues. I'm wondering if anyone has had these same issues & if so how they fixed them (if they could).

    Wifi: My WiFi often cuts out. Sometimes its as often as once an hour other times maybe once a day. When this happens I am forced to go into my network settings, forget the network & reconnect. This seems to be the only way to quick fix it with no long-term success as the problem always repeats itself eventually. I moved into an apartment complex a few months back that uses a captive network, this seems to correlate with the issue as I never had the problem before. Anyone else?

    Ethernet: Because of the issue above, I tried connecting my Apple TV to the Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable is plugged into the WiFi unit in the wall that came with the apartment, it works 100% with my xbox. When I connect it to my Apple TV the WiFi shuts down, it says its connected to the Ethernet wire but I don't have internet access or anything. Are there additional settings you need to change when using a wired connection? I figured it was as simple as plugging it in.

    Anyways, I plan to reach out to Apple at some point, but usually get better answers on here so i figured I'd see if anyone can relate.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jmac645
    [link] [comments]

    Can somebody explain why Apple TV isn’t working at new apartment

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:59 PM PST

    So I brought an Apple TV from home and hooked it up at my apartment. I really have no idea what I'm doing though. When I use it at home I just plug it in and it shows the Home Screen with all the different apps. When I plug it in at my apartment it just shows "home sharing" and "settings". When I try to set up home sharing, it asks me to Sign In with Apple ID, and I do, but every time it says "unable to sign in". I am 100 percent sure my ID/password is correct. Can somebody explain how to just get to all the different apps????

    submitted by /u/theiigniter
    [link] [comments]

    Recent photo album starting from beginning , not end

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:48 PM PST

    So I just updated my Apple TV 4K to 14,3 and now my recent photo album starts at the beggining and not at the end as it would suggest. Is there a way to have it display photos from recently ?

    submitted by /u/PassTheCurry
    [link] [comments]

    I just got Apple TV

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    So I got Apple TV but I thought everything was meant to be free like Netflix or Hulu and it isn't there isn't that much stuff you have to buy it for rent it

    submitted by /u/Pantherkid1515
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision approved

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Any suggestions on HDMI cables that can handle bandwidth required for Dolby Vision and is at least 20 ft in length? My TV (LG C8) and soundbar (Samsung Q90r) are wall mounted and getting the sparkle artifact issue the moment I enable Dolby Vision. If I keep it at 4k HDR 4:2:2 my current cables are fine. I run the HDMI test with Vision enabled or disabled and they always pass but I still get the sparkle effect.

    submitted by /u/Lilpenny10
    [link] [comments]

    Does "reduce loud sounds" compression get passed along airplay?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:31 AM PST

    iPhone AirPlay to Samsung Smart TV consume way too much data?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:37 AM PST

    Because of the recent Comcast fiasco, I found out it says I use about 1500GB per month. As a single person using internet, I am so confused what is using all the data.

    By monitoring Comcast xfinity app, I found out by AirPlay-ing 1 hour of HD video consume 10GB, according to Comcast.

    I am so confused, as far as I know, 1 hour HD video downloading is 1GB ish. Is it because I am AirPlaying from my phone to TV? But I thought data transmitting within AirPlay does not consume data?

    My set up is Streaming App on my phone (KKTV in this instance, no TV app available) with home wifi via AirPlay 2 to Samsung smart TV wired to the home modem (not wifi connection)

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/crywolfer
    [link] [comments]

    Movies and streaming to AppleTV

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Keep photos diplayed on tv when scrolling for next photo to share on screen

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    Hello,

    There was a time, by streaming photos/videos via airplay to apple tv from the an iPhone/iPad, the content remained displayed on the screen. This made it possible to search for other content from the Photo app to stream. For several months, I have noticed that each time I go back to the album view, the TV screen no longer displays the photo but a black screen. Could someone tell me if a parameter somewhere fixes my issue or is it simply a change in behavior since a few tvOS updates? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/flume222
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel