• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    Apple TV Discovery+ Stream Quality

    Apple TV Discovery+ Stream Quality


    Discovery+ Stream Quality

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:31 PM PST

    Anyone else notice that most content on Discovery+ looks like garbage on Apple TV 4K? Even the exclusive shows. It's like it's all on a very low bitrate. It's fine if they don't do a lot of 4K yet. Heck HBO Max doesn't have 4K but at least their 1080p content is tack sharp.

    submitted by /u/Cr3inh4rt
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Home control

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:56 AM PST

    Hey all, at one point when I had the Home icon in control centre, which allowed me to see my lights and control them once selected. I haven't been able to see it since it disappeared one day. Does anyone else still have this icon or was this just a beta tested feature that has since been removed?

    submitted by /u/chris20005
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV HD vs 4K when it comes to HDMI CEC and Homekit

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I'm currently deciding between a second hand Apple TV HD or 4K.

    What is very important to me, are the HDMI CEC features and Homekit. I want the Apple TV to turn the TV on and off automatically but also control volume. And preferably also via Siri, Homekit and Shortcuts. HDMI switching via the Apple remote would be killer but not entirely necessary.

    Is there any difference in the feature-set between the HD and 4K in these devices? My TV is 1080P so I don't care much about the resolution.

    Edit: Thanks for all the replies! Will go for the 4K, on the used market the difference isn't that big.

    submitted by /u/EffectAncient2
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV needs an Audio Passthrough Option

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:43 PM PST

    The Apple TV needs an Audio Passthrough option.

    Instead of the unit either decoding to LPCM or Converting to DD5.1 or Stereo there should be an option that just send whatever the content is outputting (ie; stereo, DD5.1, DD+, Atmos) straight out the HDMI as bitstream.

    I can't get LPCM with an LG C9 and Sonos arc to lip sync which is annoying.

    The Shield TV Pro can easily achieve this so I don't know why it couldn't be done on Apple TV.

    submitted by /u/Bjmort
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV box VPN?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:38 PM PST

    Is there a way to use ExpressVPN and/or a browser with a proxy on Apple TV boxes?

    Tired of not being able to watch the Nets because of NBA blackouts

    submitted by /u/thatblkman
    [link] [comments]

    Apple tv 4k settopbox sound regulator configuration

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:59 AM PST

    It shows that it receives the input (Siri Remote), but I can't control the volume.

    What do I have to do?

    submitted by /u/PEKKACHUNREAL
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking to switch from NVIDIA shield TV to ATV 4K

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    Using KODI on my Shield to natively play movies stored on my NAS but getting tired of my SHIELD bugs. Is the ATV a potent option to switch? Am I going to be limited when playing files natively? Any way to convert my library from Plex to ATV? Also I want to avoid transcoding as much as possible so would like to bypass Plex. Sorry for the noob questions.

    submitted by /u/Disinto
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to schedule “reduced loud sounds” mode?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:30 AM PST

    My wife and I work different schedules. As such I'm often trying to sleep when she gets off work abs wants to wind down with some tv. Is there a way to schedule "reduced loud audio" to turn on certain days of the week/ time of day?

    I'm fully in on HomeKit if that's helps at all.

    submitted by /u/Jenings
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV - Continuous Play

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    TL/DR: Is there a way to make Apple TV have an autoplay function like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or basically any other streaming service?

    I purchased The Office complete series on iTunes. Is there a way to have the episodes play continuously? I have an Apple TV 3rd Generation and a Fire Stick with the Apple TV app. Ironically, the Fire Stick has better results - the next episode shows up in the "Up Next" row at the bottom, it just doesn't start unless you do it yourself.

    Any help here is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Lloyd2315
    [link] [comments]

    Syncing multiple Apple TV’s

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:45 PM PST

    I have 2 different Apple TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I was wondering if it is possible to sync them together so that they have the exact same settings, apps, layout, and logins?

    submitted by /u/wreckerkade
    [link] [comments]

    CNN app disappeared on ATV3

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:26 PM PST

    Anyone else notice the CNN app vanished on the Apple TV 3 (I assume Apple TV 2 also)?

    I'm guessing this is bad news and that CNN has just dropped support, though am surprised there was no announcement of this. The app worked great. FWIW, I'm up to date with the OS, running Apple TV Software 7.6.2

    submitted by /u/nedatsea
    [link] [comments]

    How to redeem Apple iTunes Gift Card on Apple TV ?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    If I have an Apple iTunes Gift Card and I want to use it to Rent movies to watch it on my Apple TV how to redeem the Gift Card on Apple TV ? What are the steps with respect to Apple TV ? I know how to do it on an iPhone or iPad but how to redeem it on Apple TV ?

    submitted by /u/augustya15
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 6

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:50 PM PST

    I really want to get an apple TV for apple arcade games and apple fitness specifically, but I am in no rush. Is it worth it to wait around for the rumored new apple TV?

    submitted by /u/icolinpro
    [link] [comments]

    We had purchased a Vizio M series TV, however you can’t add apps to it. It has Apple TV with the apps that’s included with the TV-but why can’t I sign into them? We have log ins to them, but there’s only a start free trial option.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Headphones for movies

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:02 AM PST

    Anyone know if they sell headphones that connect to Apple TV that support Dolby atmos when connect to Apple TV ? Specifically using them to watch iTunes purchased movies Netflix etc.

    submitted by /u/Silentnoonkilla
    [link] [comments]

    Inconsistent iTunes/Apple TV Extras in my country

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:29 PM PST

    Inconsistent iTunes/Apple TV Extras in my country

    Hey, guys!

    I'm kinda upset that "Spider-Man 6 Film Collection" doesn't offer iTunes Extras for all of featured movies. My region is Poland and there are only extras for Spider-Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Why don't other movies have extras too? Is there a slight chance to reach out Apple/Sony and get some explanation? Why is it so inconsistent?!

    https://preview.redd.it/01f60gurll961.png?width=355&format=png&auto=webp&s=aeab06bc506a3e7affd9c3a6a6f0b6659e53b7f1

    https://preview.redd.it/m5d9ougtll961.png?width=1085&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c6f6bf8b2dd0b4633ffdf0f138e29c87607e913

    https://preview.redd.it/gb28onsull961.png?width=1074&format=png&auto=webp&s=4bb01364ad9ed23d459ee3fc618095c88ca4f39d

    submitted by /u/KaktusRTV
    [link] [comments]

    Does Apple TV have a built in adblocker for Amazon Prime?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    Does the Apple TV have a built in ad blocker for Amazon Prime?

    I only ask because if I watch LOST or Mad Men on my Apple TV through Amazon prime app, there are no ads. There's a brief 2 second pause where the ad should be, but no ad.

    If I watch on my phone or fire stick however, there are ads! I have made sure I'm watching on the same Amazon account, so that's not what the difference is.

    I'm definitely not complaining, just curious.

    submitted by /u/Water-Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    New to Apple TV and have some questions

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:20 AM PST

    I have just purchased Apple TV 4K. Main reason was to stream from local Kodi/Jellyfin servers and play videos on my 4K TV.

    1. Looks like Infuse 6 is the go to app for streaming. Is there another app which better/as good as Infuse?
    2. So if I buy Infuse Pro subscription (monthly, yearly, lifetime) on apple TV then can I also use it on my iPad with the same Apple ID? i.e. is it a multi device license?
    3. Dolby Atmos isn't listed as supported audio codec on Infuse website, but my sound system is capable of playing it - so can Infuse pass this on to TV/sound system without trans coding the audio (hence reducing the quality)?
    submitted by /u/t4ure4n
    [link] [comments]

    Control volume with monitor without speaker

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:28 AM PST

    Hello, just got an Apple TV and I'm using a 4K monitor without speakers. Using the jack with my headphones. The volume is very loud and I can't seem to adjust it with the Apple TV remote. Am I missing something? Thanks 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/EST781229
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel