• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Apple TV Cherry is coming to Apple TV and stars Tom Holland

    Apple TV Cherry is coming to Apple TV and stars Tom Holland


    Cherry is coming to Apple TV and stars Tom Holland

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:23 PM PST

    Two features missing from Apple TV

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:31 PM PST

    1) compatibility with MFI hearing devices. I just can't understand why this isn't a thing.

    2) a web browser. Why is Safari at the very least not available? This makes no sense to me, at all.

    I have a fire tv and there's a browser. I have a roku tv and there's a browser. Apple TV should have a browser.

    Thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/CT_1971
    [link] [comments]

    Certain Apps Won’t Allow Login

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:32 PM PST

    I'm having issues getting a few of my apps when it comes to signing in using a provider. Specifically ABC, NBC, and CBS All Access. When I click on "sign in" nothing happens. Anyone had this happen before? Also, this happens on both of my Apple TV's.

    submitted by /u/lshaw52
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify not sending signal to subwoofer, but Netflix, Hulu, etc are fine

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:13 AM PST

    Solved Denon receiver was switching to "Direct audio" mode, which only plays 2 channels of audio. The fix is to change the sound mode to "auto" (not "pure direct"or "direct") or "Dolby surround" using the colored sound mode buttons on the Denon AVR remote. DTS Neural X is not recommended for music as it is meant for spatial audio like movies. Compare "Dolby surround" and "pure auto" and use whatever sounds best.

    Hello!

    All devices are connected to my LG CX OLED TV through HDMI, sound is output from the TV via HDMI e-Arc to a Denon AVR-X1300W receiver. Dolby vision/atmos are enabled in ATV.

    As stated in the title, the full sound system works with audio and video streaming apps like Netflix. When I play audio-only apps like Spotify on ATV, signal is not being sent to the subwoofer. Do I have my connections wrong, or is there some setting somewhere that I need to change? Playing Spotify on the receiver itself and on my Xbox works fine, but is inconvenient and not what I want to do.

    Note: I did not have this issue before using e-ARC (I.e. all cables went to the receiver. And then one HDMI went to the TV)

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Blue525
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube only plays videos in Dolby Vision

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Edit: Thank you sudheer2! Changing the Apple TV to 4K SDR fixed the issue.

    Does anyone else have this issue where YouTube only plays videos in Dolby Vision?

    I have a LG CX tv and setup the Apple TV 4K to output to 4K Dolby Vision at 60Hz.

    Match content is on for both dynamic range and frame rate.

    No matter what setting I choose, the YouTube app will not change to SDR. It only changes when I manually choose SDR under the Apple TV settings.

    This does not happen in Netflix, Hulu, or Prime Video.

    submitted by /u/angelsimaren
    [link] [comments]

    Large files on Apple TV 4K via VLC

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:20 PM PST

    Hello, I have quick question. How to play large self hosted files thought Apple TV? I'm using VLC and ATV internal memory, which works great, however when I'm trying to upload and watch large (25gb+) file, everything is stuttering and lagging, it looks like VLC can't buffer anything. I'm fine with watching movies thought Apple TV service, I do that, however there's tons of movies that are not available in my country or just on Apple TV service in general and I don't want to mess with Blu-ray players etc. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/basicreplay
    [link] [comments]

    is there a surveillance camera that can work with Apple TV 4k? (for example: while I'm watching something on Apple TV on my TV, someone shows up at the front door and the TV image automatically switches to the camera's video)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:10 PM PST

    is there a surveillance camera that can work with Apple TV 4k?

    for example: while I'm watching something on Apple TV on my TV, someone shows up at the front door and the TV image automatically switches to the camera's video

    I only need two cameras, one front door and one rear door... each camera should be $100 or less. preferably, the camera can also work on both iOS and Android phones.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/LobsterCandle
    [link] [comments]

    Photo widget on AppleTV possible?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:50 PM PST

    I just discovered the photo widget on my iPhone and would love something similar on my AppleTV. Any chance that's possible?

    submitted by /u/Impact51
    [link] [comments]

    Slow wifi connection on AppleTV?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:55 AM PST

    Starting about 2 weeks ago, every few day my appleTV starts connecting to my wifi at <1 Mbps. My phone and laptop connect at >200Mbsp from inches away.All network setting on the AppleTV are set to automatic. A restart of the AppleTV gets download speeds back up to around 200Mbps. Any reason for why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/craphoot
    [link] [comments]

    VPN on Apple TV

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:12 AM PST

    Is it possible to use a VPN on Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/norbertovianaeloy
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth keyboard still does not work in YouTube app's search function after almost a year. What is YouTube or Apple doing to fix this? Thanks!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Bluetooth keyboard still does not work in YouTube app's search function after almost a year. What is YouTube or Apple doing to fix this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LobsterCandle
    [link] [comments]

    Every time my dad goes into TV Shows or Movies he has to sign in. Is there anyway to turn that off?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Is there anyway to keep it signed in? We've tried restarting and unplugging and plugging the Apple TV back in, we don't know what else to try.

    submitted by /u/PhenomenalPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone who updated to 14.3 still have iTunes Match problems? Mine has not worked the past two dot releases, I just get the spinning pinwheel.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:29 AM PST

    I put in a ticket with Apple support before Christmas, and still don't have a resolution.

    submitted by /u/Ej11876
    [link] [comments]

    Young Sheldon (CBS All Access) removed from Apple TV channels?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:54 PM PST

    Was about to watch the new episode today but I noticed that it started the CBS All Access app instead of using the tv Channel. I checked and Young Sheldon seems to be removed from the tv Channel for some reason.

    I pay through Apple because they deliver a higher bitrate so this is kind of annoying tbh.

    submitted by /u/MRizkBV
    [link] [comments]

    Audio sync issues with paired HomePod minis and Apple TV HD

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:53 AM PST

    I've got a smaller TV, something in the high 20 in. range and I understand I cannot set the audio to the paired Apple HomePod Minis as the default from what I read. However, whenever I turn on YouTube TV and go to choose the speakers from the remote, I get a few second lag. And it's not just there. I can fast forward to the current time and it still pauses and the video stays un-synced. The only way I found to fix it is to switch channels and come back to what I was watching. Does anyone know if there any other way to change the audio where it will not start out of sync?

    submitted by /u/briangw
    [link] [comments]

    What is best remote cover(which way is up) to buy?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    ATV4 - HDMI Control

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Maybe I'm going crazy but I cannot get a working -combo- to work with my HDMI Control and ATV4/AVR and my HT setups.....

    ATV going into AVR. HDMI control works just fine on other devices...

    I have tinkered with turning it off and on on the ATV. I cannot remember why but it was something to the effect back when I was on my iPhone Pro - IOS 12.XXX.....if I inadvertently triggered/tapped my phone or the like, it would turn on the TV in the bedroom via HDMI in the middle of the night...

    Anyhow fast forward like 18 months later, I'm tinkering with this to get a working setup, where my -phone- should never wake up the ATV but I do have a working HDMI control setup with my ATV/AVR.

    submitted by /u/mobiledynamics
    [link] [comments]

    YoutubeTV streaming in 720p while YouTube is streaming in 4k

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:51 AM PST

    I just checked on my two AppleTV 4k set ups and don't understand why I'm only getting a 720p option with YouTubeTV. Anyone else only getting 720p?

    submitted by /u/BORIStheBLADE1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anywhere where I can check what apps are on Apple TV prior to buying?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:19 PM PST

    I ask as I'm in the market for a new streaming device and though I'm leaning towards Apple Tv, I don't want to be disappointed to find out some stuff's missing.

    I know Fire Tv and Roku are each missing different apps that I'm after.

    submitted by /u/sheffieldboy
    [link] [comments]

    Flickering when 4K 60 hz output is selected.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:16 PM PST

    CEC and Homekit

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:08 AM PST

    Okay so fairly new to CEC and AppleTV so bear with me please. I have an AppleTV 4K and an Android TCL TV. I also use HomeKit a lot for automation and home control. I have the Apple TV set to never sleep. I would also like to control the TV with the ATV so wife can use a single remote since the Android apps aren't as good as the AppleTV apps.

    Here's the rub (or maybe I'm an idiot), I have the CEC between the ATV and TV so that turning on or sleeping the ATV turns on and off the TV as well. But what happens to HomeKit remote control if the TV is off and the ATV is "sleeping"? Does this mean you can't ever put the ATV to sleep and turn off the TV AND have the ATV acting as a home hub?

    submitted by /u/rwbisme
    [link] [comments]

    Remote dropped in water

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Hi guys, long story short, I dropped my apple TV HD remote in a cup of water ( I have no table to put beside the recliner in my room, so I keep a water cup on the floor. My dumb ass put my remote on the arm of the chair on the same side, and knocked it into said cup of water on the floor accidentally). All buttons and siri appear to be working. I also briefly plugged it in to see if it would still charge, and it did, upon which I unplugged it. I also tapped the remote against my hand to try and get water out of the lightning port (as suggested for phones here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210424), which is working but water's still coming out. Is my remote screwed, or did I get off easy? What further steps should I take to ensure it doesn't die?

    Edit: it's now sitting upright, lightning port down with paper under it, so hopefully all the water falls out

    submitted by /u/VHBlazer
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why I’m not getting Dolby Vision with my LG CX?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I have deep color enabled in tv settings. 4K SDR in the Apple TV settings with match range and frame rate on.

    The issue is my tv is reading hdr content as HDR and not dolyvision when I play content that is listed as dolbyvision on the Apple TV. I don't have this issue on the TV apps or Xbox series X. The tv reads content there as dolbyvision

    submitted by /u/SaykredCow
    [link] [comments]

    Editing a TV series's poster

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:38 AM PST

    I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to edit the image that represents a TV series. For imported shows, it seems to just use the thumbnail for the first episode.
    I've tried Subler, iFlix and MetaZ. All let me edit the poster for each episode, but not an entire series. When I try to edit the series in the TV app, it edits the thumbnails for every episode.
    Any ideas, or is this not possible?

    submitted by /u/RawWulf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel