• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 5, 2021

    Apple iOS Why is “justice.gov” taking up 21 hours in my screen time?

    Apple iOS Why is “justice.gov” taking up 21 hours in my screen time?


    Why is “justice.gov” taking up 21 hours in my screen time?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:22 AM PST

    What are some of your favorite apps?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:10 PM PST

    What are some of everyone's favorite apps?

    Hey all,

    I'm a big fan of using technology to make life more enjoyable and productive. I want to try and get "more" out of my iPhone but I'm always out of the loop on great apps. What are some of your favorites to help you get through your day whether that's productivity, wellness, entertainment or just apps that are better than your standard stock ones?

    submitted by /u/flskater55
    [link] [comments]

    App Library has no keyboard?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:50 AM PST

    I got a new iPhone and when I go to App Library it won't show the keyboard? It makes the App Library useless. It's weird cause when I hit where a key should be, it registers. This has been going on for a few weeks now. Anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/Greenmushroom23
    [link] [comments]

    Jumpy Live Photos

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:09 AM PST

    I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro...now all of my live photos are jumpy/glitchy. I use them a lot to send to family and friends and also love the short video clips it creates when making videos with them. Has this happened to anyone else? Got a fix? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RedBird2584
    [link] [comments]

    Dumping every single picture ever taken into Photos app.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:43 PM PST

    I have thousands of photos from different cameras and old blackberry/android phones. I'm considering moving every photo I've ever taken into the Photos app. I think the quality differences and fluctuations would irk me but maybe it's worth it to have everything in one place. Does anyone use the Photos app like this?

    submitted by /u/exmilitant
    [link] [comments]

    The same weird pop up??

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:58 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 6s, software up to date. However sometimes in safari I would get an iPhone pop up, asking me if I wanted to subscribe to "" in strange text. The only options are cancel and ok, so I usually just restart my iPhone since hitting the home button won't work, and close the app once it reboots.

    I wasn't too worried about it until I tried using the chrome app instead of safari, and the pop up came up the moment I hit incognito mode. This freaked me out so I checked my settings, and both block pop ups and fraudulent websites were already on when I received the pop up. Every time the pop up came up I had always hit clear history & website data on safari, so that obviously hadn't worked.

    I'm kind of worried about this? I might be freaking out for nothing, but I figured I might as well post on here asking for help.

    submitted by /u/Sodafoamm
    [link] [comments]

    how do I backup my WhatsApp messages?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:41 AM PST

    so there is one problem with my phone. I can't connect to wifi routers or anything that has something to do with the wifi. I only have my sim card which is the only way of mine to access the internet. now, I cant back up WhatsApp without connecting to a normal wifi so I just cant back it up with the iPhone it self. also I need to transform all of the files to an Android which I think makes it even harder. but I know you can just access to the database with WhatsApp/DataBases/msgstore.db I would like to know how can I backup all of my messages using the computer or maybe something else that done require me to access wifi or any of the ios ways

    submitted by /u/madbreadlover1
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror iphone display to ipad

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:27 AM PST

    Is there a way already built into an iphone (8 updated to latest ios) and ipad (7th gen updated to latest ios) to mirror the display of the iphone to the ipad?

    My wife wants to do crafting videos with the iphone, as the video recorder, facing down at the table and have the ipad right in front of her showing what the phone is recording.

    If not built in is there an app with a reasonable 1 time fee (apowermirror claims to do this but they have a super hefty 1 time fee or monthly fees).

    submitted by /u/Fatboy69690
    [link] [comments]

    Missing messages after new phone

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:24 AM PST

    Upgraded phone and missing iMessages

    I upgraded my 8 plus to an 11 on December 25th. Christmas morning, I sent out Christmas texts on my 8 plus. Later, I did the mirror transfer where I laid the two phones side by side and the 8 plus copied over onto the 11. I had no iCloud storage and the 8 plus had not backed up since April.

    I activated the new phone, and noticed the texts I had sent that morning on the old phone did not show up, so I resent them just in case. I recently became aware that I am not receiving all imessages. There could be more but I obviously would have no idea. This happened on December 25th and December 27th. Two people sent me screenshots of messages they sent me, but I never received. I talked to Apple support, updated the phone, went through all my settings, diagnostic was ran, and nothing was accomplished. My carrier only displays SMS on text logs but not iMessage so that doesn't help. A case was opened with my carrier.

    I need to retrieve these messages and any other that are missing, but I also need to ensure it's not still happening.

    submitted by /u/whatsup_docs
    [link] [comments]

    Notification issue

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Hi,

    Already posted issue in /r/Twitter but since the source of the problem may be with iOS (my version is 14.2, almost newest) wanted to reach out to the community here also:

    I'm a bit baffled by a problem I'm experiencing with Twitter - I have the notification bell set for some people I follow and then sometimes their tweets don't make it into my notifications.

    My phone was on, had access to the internet and the notifications didn't ever show. I recently changed the banner settings from Temporary to Permanent in iOS settings but I don't think that's the issue because temporary notifications should still show on the lock screen and be in the notification history. I've also turned off Twitter's Quality filter which again shouldn't affect those notifications.

    It happens only occasionally but these are tweets I don't want to miss.

    Any suggestions? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/btcelottamoney
    [link] [comments]

    Download a message conversation

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:56 AM PST

    Whenever i change phones, i'm sad to lose entire message conversations I have with people. Is there a way to download an entire text history so it can be kept? (without having to manually select each individual text message, just the entire history)

    submitted by /u/zazoojason
    [link] [comments]

    Limiting Apple Health Data Sharing with 3rd Party Apps

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:15 PM PST

    My company uses Virgin Pulse, a 3rd party HR app that "cultivates good lifestyle habits for [their] employees". It works by awarding points for activities, which in turn my company sees as "you're being active and caring for yourself" so let's "award" you with "some money".

    It works by connecting Apple Health to the app, and allowing it to read (ALL) my:

    Active Energy // Body Temperature // Exercise Minutes // Resting Energy // Sleep // Steps // Workouts

    It doesn't award me the points if I only share some of the categories. It literally wants ALL. I consider this very intrusive, but the company contribution is too good to say no, so I will do it. However I noticed that when I shared the data with Virgin Pulse, it didn't only shared from today onwards, it also grabbed data from the last month, and who knows if it grabbed all my data since I started using Apple Health a few years ago when I got my first Apple Watch.

    My question is, is there a way to limit an app to only read data from a certain point in time onwards, or is it an "all or nothing" type of sharing?

    I couldn't find anything related to this in search engines - maybe I am using the wrong keywords.

    Appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/jnznvlz
    [link] [comments]

    If I offload an app, will that data still be included in a backup to PC?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:59 AM PST

    I have some videos saved in iMovie on my phone - I have offloaded the app to create some space. That data is still there because if I reinstall the app the movies are still there.

    I'm wondering: if I were to backup my phone while iMovie was offloaded, is all that data being backed up too? Or will I lose the movies if I were to restore that backup? I did some small tests with fully removing iMovie from my phone - when I reinstalled the videos were gone.

    I'm assuming that the backup would include the videos still since it's taking up space on my phone, but I'm paranoid since I'm trading my phone in soon and I don't have time to do more tests.

    submitted by /u/revowow
    [link] [comments]

    Flip Between Home Screen Set Ups

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    Hello,

    I've recently decided to drop my personal phone and go with only a work phone. My personal phone was an android phone. I'm used to two set ups, one personal and one work. I currently have my personal apps setup together one one page and my work apps setup together up front.

    Anyone know of an app or widget that could either flip between two Home Screen setups? As in move work apps to the App Library and bring out personal apps when I touch a trigger or auto-trigger based on date and time. Or, alternatively, an app that could move around app pages? As in change the Home Screen order to push pages 1 and 2 back and make them 3 & 4 while making what was 3 & 4 now 1 & 2?

    Or any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tmonai
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 Factory Reset

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:17 AM PST

    Okay, I've been Googling this for a while now, but am still a little so unsure, so sorry.

    I have an iPhone 6 with 32GB that is basically full. My last iTunes backup was just the other day. However, I can't do a restore because there isn't enough room on the phone. When I look on my computer, the backup file is about 22GB. My phone is showing 22.5GB free, but the bar at the bottom in iTunes shows less than 22GB free, why is this? I've deleted all of my photos, texts, offloaded every single app and cleared the Safari history/cache etc. iTunes is telling me I still have 2.6GB of "other".

    If I do a factory reset and then immediately restore using the most recent iTunes backup, will I lose anything at all?

    I only have the standard 5GB iCloud backup as far as I know. Some of my notes are iCloud and some are regular. Should I worry about the notes when doing a factory reset?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ComputerComparison
    [link] [comments]

    All 3rd party apps crashing

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:15 PM PST

    As the title says. I'm on iOS 14.3 (iPhone XS) and suddenly all of my 3rd party apps keep crashing as soon as I try to open an app. I can uninstall or offload apps, but can't reinstall them.

    Any suggestions on what to do besides restoring? I tried rebooting and soft reset/forced reboot. I didn't install any other apps within the last few days so I don't think a specific app is the cause.

    submitted by /u/Marc199
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud and data deletion

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:40 PM PST

    I'm someone that doesn't use iCloud. Just prefer the privacy of having backup data stored on personal drives (offline) not a cloud server. Anyway, occasionally I find myself switching off (in iCloud settings on iPhone) apps that use iCloud because they miraculously switch back on to iCloud usage. This situation was for numbers. I got a warning that if I switch off iCloud, my numbers will be deleted. I wrote them down manually and stored them elsewhere, then switched off the setting. The numbers aren't on my iCloud drive anymore either, so Apple decided to delete the data entirely with no regards to me luckily storing it elsewhere beforehand (not in their cloud recycle folder either). Why would they implement such a rule? It's just weird no? Why can't you switch off the setting and keep said data on your phone?

    submitted by /u/newuser15545
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Update

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:32 PM PST

    So I have a question regarding IOS update. So I currently have IOS 14.2 and I didn't update it to iOS 14.3 and IOS 14.4 comes out. Can I update it directly from 14.2 to 14.4 or I need to get 14.3 first?

    submitted by /u/DefaultDanceDD
    [link] [comments]

    Panic full! Help!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    Recently, my iPhone X keep restarting by itself. In Analytic data I found out panic full error log every time the device restart. Anybody can help?

    submitted by /u/Chico-Rose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel