• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Apple iOS Does anyone else find AirPlay really buggy in iOS 14.3?

    Apple iOS Does anyone else find AirPlay really buggy in iOS 14.3?


    Does anyone else find AirPlay really buggy in iOS 14.3?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:38 AM PST

    I have 5 Airport Expresses that I use for music constantly and recently they've really been struggling when playing from my iPhone running iOS 14.3. I'll get long audio dropouts or sometimes they will just stop working all together and I have to disconnect from my Wifi. I've even been at the AirPlay screen and had my phone crash with just a small loading spinner (like you're booting from a completely dead battery) I used a scene from the Home app today for multiple playback destinations and it started playing, and showed in my AirPlay menu but didn't show my device as playing it, but it actually was.

    What's going on?! Such a shame. I think AirPlay is a killer feature that Apple should pimp 1000% more. It blows Amazon Echo multi-room and Sonos out of the water!

    submitted by /u/eloc49
    [link] [comments]

    Picture-in-Picture closes when navigating back in the official Reddit app?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:44 PM PST

    What's the point if you can't browse the rest of Reddit while the video is playing in a corner?

    submitted by /u/RadBrad87
    [link] [comments]

    How is there still no way to turn this off? Its literally always wrong for me. I do everything with headphones in.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:36 AM PST

    Looks like YouTube is testing native share sheet on iOS

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:46 PM PST

    Fix for iOS 14.3 USB tethering on Linux

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:19 AM PST

    Not sure if anyone was having trouble with USB tethering on Linux since the iOS 14 update - but I was.

    A bug was opened back in September for this issue and it was fixed in late December. Turned out to be an issue with the Linux kernel and not the iOS update.

    You can upgrade your Linux kernel to v5.10 (this version is LTS and I have just installed it and it is working) by following this article.

    submitted by /u/theinvisiblesquid
    [link] [comments]

    Ho to block private calls

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:49 AM PST

    I want to block private/anonymus calls. I was amazed to see that there is no such an option. I only want to block private calls, not unknown numbers. I was not able to find an option or an app. Can u help me?

    submitted by /u/RedditorCan
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my wife’s 200GB family storage and retain my existing 50GB too?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    My iPhone is giving me a choice "use shared plan" or "keep existing plan". Ideally I'd like to do both - since my moving my 48GB onto my wife's plan would edge her nearer to her 200GB limit (and neither of us are keen to pay the big bucks for a 2TB plan just yet). Please can someone explain what happens if I click "use shared plan" - does that automatically mean our total capacity drops from 200+50GB today to 200GB?

    submitted by /u/dlawrenceeleven
    [link] [comments]

    Typing sound goes from low to high volume when I type, anyone else experience the same ?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Never heard this before but when typing it goes from low volume to high and then back to low. on iOS 14.3 btw. Very inconsistent

    submitted by /u/JaxTellerr
    [link] [comments]

    Best apps for YouTube PIP?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:52 AM PST

    Please share your favorite apps for YouTube PIP! I have tried the SnapTube browser app but didn't like it as much and am curious what others use. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/hv1806
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to setup ask to buy on kids ipad

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    My son got an ipad for christmas and we setup screen time to require permission for purchases and not allow in app purchases.

    We have my wife setup as organizer via her apple I'd and it shows our sons apple I'd we created for him under family sharing.

    Everything appears to be setup correctly. However when I go to download an app on my sons ipad it says that we need to ask organizer for permission. Once I see this I click the ask button, but my wife never receives notification in order to approve it reject request.

    So now we cant download apps for him. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Tdubb1
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time on iPhone SE running iOS 14.2 - too easy to bypass?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:06 AM PST

    I am trying to limit the time I spend on Twitter and other time-consuming apps in 2021. It seems like Screen Time is the perfect solution to that, but it fees like I'm missing something, as it seems way too easy to override.

    I have "Downtime" set from 9pm-6:30 am, and only a few crucial apps on my Always Allowed list.

    I also have App Limits set to 30 minutes a day for the apps I'd like to control.

    I also created a Screen Time password, which only my girlfriend knows.

    If I try to access apps that aren't allowed during the downtime period or spend more than 30 minutes on a limited site, an alert pops up, but all I have to do is hit "Ignore Limit for Today" and I immediately have access. I'd expect that I'd have to enter the Screen Time password to bypass these restrictions, but that appears to not be the case.

    Am I doing something wrong? If not, there a free third-party app that can do this effectively? I tried Freedom, but it doesn't provide the ability to set daily limits for individual apps.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/m_loving1982
    [link] [comments]

    What carries over when you do quick setup for a new iPhone?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:00 AM PST

    This is a really random question but i was wondering what carries over when you decide to do the quick setup instead of setting up as a new iPhone is it only the apps that you have on your current phone or is it more?

    submitted by /u/FallenDayz
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage - Can someone please let me know what the gray line is in the attached iMessage thread? Just did a software update & have not seen this before. Disregard the laundry talk =]

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    Managing subscription payment

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:31 AM PST

    Is there any way to have different payment method for different subscriptions?

    submitted by /u/SurfaceLapQuestion
    [link] [comments]

    Does Siri have the ability to remember previous statements in context?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:44 AM PST

    For example, I ask Siri how long it takes to get to the garage.

    He says 8 mins.

    I ask for directions.

    He asks "where to?"

    —————-

    I am wondering if it's possible that Siri will ever understand "context" so would be able to tell that I mean directions to the place I just asked him about.

    submitted by /u/Mr-House-38
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good app or setting that can optimise scenes automatically just like Samsung’s camera app does?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:42 PM PST

    My dad's Note 20 Ultra shoots pre-enhanced photos inside the camera app itself. The skies appear bluer and everything is automatically more vibrant, punchy and pleasing. I love that look. My iPhone shoots more true to life colours. I understand that I could edit this later in photos, but I don't want to do this for each photo or video and waste time. Also, I'm a layman and cannot get the colours to look the way they are on Samsung phones. The auto or vivid filter edits in the photos app don't really do a great job either. Is there any way to have photos shot on my iPhone have colours adjusted automatically like the Samsung camera app does? Is there any app that does this? I tried Microsoft Pix that claims to have an automatic scene optimiser, but the photos don't look any different.

    submitted by /u/OldSeat7658
    [link] [comments]

    Screentime not updating since new years

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:24 AM PST

    As the title states, the screentime on my iPhone X iOS 14.4 hasn't been updating since new years. I tried turning it off and on again, forced a restart and put the time to automatic. Nothing fixed the problem.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/FxRaHe
    [link] [comments]

    Voice text punctuation issue

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:15 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with my voice texting. When I'm dictating a text to my phone I'll say "comma" "period" "question mark" for all punctuation It will type out all the punctuation marks, except for a period, instead it'll write out the word.

    For example if I want my phone to type: Hey guys, I'll be there soon. I had to stop for gas.

    It will actually send: Hey guys, I'll be there soon period I had to stop for gas period

    Please help. I'm the joke of our group texts. Lol

    submitted by /u/Frack117
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off Siri “speak” on my iPhone?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    So Siri doesn't speak when I type a text (which I know is a different thing) BUT at times I will copy and paste a message while texting and instead of pressing "paste" my thumb will select "speak" and Siri will read my message OUT LOUD.

    And of course, The only times this has happened is when I have written VERY personal and private messages and I'm around other people and Siri starts ratting me out.

    How do I get rid of this "Speak" function forever? I don't want to disable Siri entirely bc she has helped me out, I just hate this "speak" function bc it had been embarrassing too many times.

    submitted by /u/m00nvibez
    [link] [comments]

    Messages notifications not syncing between Mac and iPhone

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:05 AM PST

    Running iOS 14.3, but issue has presented since upgrade to iOS 14. My Macbook Air Messages app will not sync any non-iMessage notifications with my iPhone. Messages are still marked unread on Messages app on Mac even after being read on iPhone.

    Attempted:

    -Removing and re-adding iCloud account to Messages on Mac

    -Syncing Messages via iCloud again on Mac

    -First began on iOS 14, upgraded to iOS 14.3, no fix.

    Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/marysalynn
    [link] [comments]

    Widget on full screen video again...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:29 AM PST

    Do you need to re-login to apps that you have data backed up to on iCloud?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:21 AM PST

    For instance if I had the tab for Reddit data backed up to iCloud (disregarding keychain) and I had reset my iPhone/purchased a new one then restored from iCloud, would I have to re-login to Reddit? Or does it automatically log me in?

    submitted by /u/gasp1324657980
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Did a fresh restore from 13.7 to 14.3 and since then, the GPS is gone. I’ve done a network reset, rebooted the phone and everything and it’s still like this. Any tips?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:47 AM PST

    Battery efficiency by browser

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:15 PM PST

    Is there a comparison of iOS browsers by the amount of battery they use? The browser is by far the app I use the most and consumes most of my battery, so maximizing efficiency in that area of my phone usage would be nice. I currently use Firefox

    submitted by /u/crayolaboy18
    [link] [comments]

    Question about family sharing and apple music student subscriptions.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:38 AM PST

    So I have my apple music student subscription, and my spouse wants to get the apple fitness plus. If she was to get it and enable family sharing, would she be able to share fitness plus with me and I would still be able to keep my apple music student subscription(which I know can't be shared)? We both have our own apple ID's and the only thing we want shared is the fitness plus we basically still want to be able to do our own purchases tied to our credit cards on our own separate apple IDs.

    submitted by /u/JasonCaC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel