• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Apple TV Are there ANY games for the 5th Gen Apple TV that actually support 4K and HDR **rendering** in their game engines?

    Apple TV Are there ANY games for the 5th Gen Apple TV that actually support 4K and HDR **rendering** in their game engines?


    Are there ANY games for the 5th Gen Apple TV that actually support 4K and HDR **rendering** in their game engines?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:44 PM PST

    I don't mean just sending a 4K HDR signal to the TV, I'm talking about the game actually rendering at 4K and the grading actually having HDR built in... Just wondering, I'm betting the answer is no, but I thought I would at least ask!
    Cheers, happy holidays all.

    submitted by /u/johnshonz
    [link] [comments]

    Atv4k audio-video sync

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:48 AM PST

    About a week ago (around 12/18/2020) my ATV4K(both of the two I own) would suddenly have a little video jitter and the sound would lose its sync with my home pods (4 connected through airplay on one TV, and two with the other along with the TV speaker). It happens on multiple apps. I just restart the video to fix the issue. I'm guessing it's a bug in a recent update but not sure.

    submitted by /u/mikeal1st
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody here own Tampopo?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:17 PM PST

    I'm trying to find out if the North American version of Tampopo has subtitles or not?

    I see on the movie it has Japanese (Stereo) as the primary audio but was wondering if subtitles could possibly be included?

    submitted by /u/mond0r
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay kicks me off when I press play in VLC

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:14 PM PST

    I can connect to Airplay on Apple TV just fine, but when I go to press play in VLC it disconnects. Sometimes it will play but if I select a new video but it kicks me off. Connecting from a Macbook Pro 10.12.6 Sierra, I set the Apple TV to only allow connections on this network but that didn't make a difference. VLC version is 3.0.8, Apple TV is "tvOS 14.3 (18K561)"

    submitted by /u/DerrickBagels
    [link] [comments]

    No Download content option for any app on AppleTV

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:37 PM PST

    Didn't knew there is no possibility for offline viewing on AppleTV or for any TV by just downloading the content like in iphone and iPad At least for AppleTV it should make sense right? We are given 32GB and 64GB storage, is it all just for Apps installation? Then why not apps give a download option just like on ios and ipadOS apps?

    PS: I know I can airplay from ipad or iphone to AppleTV but still works on Wifi which adds latency.

    submitted by /u/ssaisusheel
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Icons Look Washed-Out on 4K TV

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:52 AM PST

    I have a new Samsung 4K TV (43" series 7, low end) connected to a 4K Apple TV using a cheap 4K HDMI cable (it's 4K all the way down!) and the UI looks kinda anaemic and washed out. On the TV's own UI the app icons look more colourful and vibrant. The HDMI cable fails the connection test from the Apple TV (the Apple TV cannot maintain a high speed connection or something). Should I upgrade the cable to the Belkin one Apple recommends or is it normal for the Apple TV ui to look like this? Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/Avalicious2
    [link] [comments]

    Screen overly brightens in darker scenes?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Okay, lemme see if I can describe this right because this has been driving me up a wall lately, and my TV (an LG LED) does not seem to be the problem as this is not an issue using other devices, such as an Xbox Series X. This doesn't seem to be cables, as I've tried this on both normal older cables and newer high speed ones for comparisons sake. It doesn't even seem to be an 4KHDR problem, as I'll try the same scenes of a 1080p movie and get the same results.

    In darker shots if there's a sudden increase in brightness, the entire screen sort of overly brightens and then dims creating a sort of flashing effect.

    Examples of this:

    -Die Hard, when the top of the building explodes, and you get the far away shot, the flash causes the WHOLE screen - including the black bars not apart the actual film - to suddenly brighten.

    -In shows and movies with credits against a black screen there's a similar effect. The entire screen will brighten to an overt degree.

    These moments are notably, EXCEPTIONALLY, distractingly bright. Moreover it's not a problem I recall having before the last few months, my settings haven't changed, and I don't experience it on things like the aforementioned Xbox. This happens in a lot of things, but largely dark scenes where there's a smaller illumination.

    Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

    submitted by /u/mugennoken
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV remote touchpad stops working

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:21 AM PST

    I am having some really weird issues with the touchpad on my remote. My Apple TV is an Apple TV 4K (A1842) with tvOS 14.3 (18K561).

    The touchpad (fully charged remote) is unresponsive, except for about 30 sec just after I re-pair with the Apple TV, where it works as it should.

    I have tried the usual steps with unplugging, re-pairing with remote and resetting the Apple TV to factory settings.

    Since the remote works just after I re-pair, I am fairly certain that it is not the remote that is broken.

    Also, it seems that this issue has arisen after the latest update. Before that the Apple TV has been working just fine for over a year. I am at a loss here. Anything I could try?

    submitted by /u/Hapimp
    [link] [comments]

    A1625 Apple TV and HomePod

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:54 PM PST

    I have an older Apple TV. I just got a HomePod and my AppleTV started playing audio through it which was great. However, I have to reset the HomePod and now the AppleTV doesn't play audio through the HomePod anymore.

    There is no way to select an audio output for this thing.

    submitted by /u/TheBlackArrows
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Not Opening

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    I am randomly experiencing a problem where when I click on a show and the window does not open. I find that my touchbar is flashing as if it was going to open the file. I have tried to reset the Mac, close the app and no results. It works when I click on the file in the library but not from the continue watching page. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/bowlofpasta92
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Display Header

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:45 AM PST

    My Apple TV 4K just updated and I noticed that most apps won't show what the display resolution is anymore. Like if the video is HD or 4K when swiping down while the video is playing. Is this something Apple changed?

    submitted by /u/er321wi
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if I need to buy the apple TV

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    I know this probably has been asked a lot, but I will soon buy a smart tv (haven't decided which one I'll buy), and I don't really think that I'm gonna watch anything other than Netflix on my smart TV, I probably don't even need most of the apple TV's feautures because I don't really think that I'm gonna use them (like airplay on my phone, itunes movies etc), should I buy the apple TV or not? Are there features that I am missing? Like if I use an apple TV on my smart TV would it have more HD quality or what?

    submitted by /u/dnjsjsskosowow
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointed Wonder Woman 1984 is 29.99CAD to rent, and I can’t even share it with my mom and brother back home...

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:40 PM PST

    I maybe understand not being able to share regular price rentals, but I figured since this is supposed to replacing the theatre ticket sales, sharing would make sense. I'm alone this Christmas, and thought it would be nice to watch the movie with my mom and brother back home so we can have some semblance of normalcy this Christmas. $30 is pretty much the price of three movie tickets, but now if they want to watch it too, they have to fork over another $30. $60 is kind of insane for 3 people to watch one movie. I regret renting it, and will not make this mistake again.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

    Edit: For anyone who find themselves in this situation, you can't find the rental through family sharing, but if you are logged into the same Apple ID account on both AppleTVs you can both watch the rental.

    submitted by /u/thebananafoot
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Season Pass

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Hi all, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I want to buy a TV show on iTunes, but the description on the page to purchase the complete series mentions a "Season Pass" rather than an actual purchase ? If I were to follow through with the payment, would I actually own the show indefinitely or would it only be temporary ? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/iSkyward
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any actually good shows on Apple TV besides the 20 everyone (and by that I mean every website) recommends?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:52 PM PST

    Got a new iPhone and with it a one year Apple TV subscription, so yeah, question's above

    submitted by /u/Caleb_Moritz_
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Apple 4K Movie Availability

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:17 AM PST

    Is it common for Apple/iTunes to lag behind other platforms on availability of 4K movie titles? For example, I see that Prometheus is available in 4K as an Ultra HD Blu-ray, and is also offered in 4K on Amazon Prime. Yet when I go into iTunes, it's only available in HD. The only title in this series available in 4K from Apple is Alien Covenant.

    submitted by /u/freediverx01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel