• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    macOS Upgraded! But not gonna lie, the 2012 MBP remains as my favorite Mac of all time

    macOS Upgraded! But not gonna lie, the 2012 MBP remains as my favorite Mac of all time


    Upgraded! But not gonna lie, the 2012 MBP remains as my favorite Mac of all time

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:37 AM PST

    productivity apps

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    been a mac user since the iphone 4. mac user since 2011 but never really used it to my advantage. can some of you guys let me in on the must have / essential mac apps? using it mainly for university

    submitted by /u/trashforhype
    [link] [comments]

    Unsupported and left behind die

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:43 AM PST

    I returned to my parents house for Christmas and started playing with our iMac, after doing a little research to find out what the latest version of macOS I could use for it, I found out that High Sierra was the last supported OS for it. Considering it started its life with snow leopard it's a pretty decent upgrade path. But I can not stop thinking about how Microsoft with Windows 10 could actually revive older machines and runs even better than XP.

    My biggest problem is the fact that it has become unusable for programming at this point, not because of performance as it an ok machine, but due to macOS. Apple seems to love to support new technologies on newer OSes in order to make older machines they choose not to upgrade inoperable. I tried installing a lot of programs, languages that did not install on this version of macOS making me download previous versions from archives.

    Apple leaves me with the following options:

    1. Patch the latest version of macOS and run it (unstable I guess)
    2. Keep my current version and hope my programs run on future releases (just sad)
    3. Run Big Sur via Virtualization (slow and inconvenient)
    4. Install windows (which I do not want to)
    5. Buy a new Mac (what apple wants me to do)

    I don't know where I stand on this topic, but I feel they should do an effort to update all hardware and tell you they do not ensure stable-ness, and that it is up to you to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/Keybraker
    [link] [comments]

    Games lag only when clicking

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:12 AM PST

    macOS 11.0 had problems with the system lagging when moving the mouse.

    macOS 11.1 has problems with games/programs lagging when clicking.

    I have tried Minecraft, Terraria, CS:GO, CS:S, Dota 2. And every game lags when I click, Terraria is the only playable game. I have a Logitech G900, but the mouse is not the problem, I tried playing with the trackpad, but it didn't make it any better. Am I the only one with this problem?

    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13'', late 2013)

    submitted by /u/ZiPJAR
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Audio Balance constantly switching to one side.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:23 PM PST

    Hello, I've noticed that on big sur, often around the time that I'm connecting to a bluetooth device, that the audio balance(which can be found through system preferences > sound > output) tends to switch to the left side. This is especially problematic with music from the <60s where sound engineers often direct lower pitched and higher pitched sounds to different channels( L & R ), and therefore only higher pitched/lower pitched noises are heard. Is anyone else having this problem?

    submitted by /u/evan_ts
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to fix the MacOS Big Sur app permission without admin? It was working fine on Catalina. (MBP 2016 13") Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 06:07 PM PST

    MacOS Catalina Dictionary application only show Wikipedia

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:29 AM PST

    MacOS Catalina Dictionary application only show Wikipedia

    MacOS Catalina Dictionary application only show Wikipedia, search words with Look Up and displays "No Local Dictionary Available".

    Anyone ever encountered this error could show me how to fix it, thank you.

    https://preview.redd.it/jd1iqheb3i761.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=ee0f29b07f25ed19e1ca10847a51f5376c76842e

    submitted by /u/truongvantuanbk
    [link] [comments]

    Dragging Files Between Desktops

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:40 PM PST

    https://reddit.com/link/kkdguz/video/3tbd2tj0yg761/player

    I've had this issue for a while, but I am finally attempting to fix it. I want to drag files between desktops on my Mac (MacBook Pro 13", Big Sur), and I always struggle to do it. This screen recording gives a brief idea of what I'm trying to do, in this case, dragging a png into a note. I'm not sure how best to describe the issue, but I'm sure others experience this too, and hope someone has found a fix.

    submitted by /u/iObsessing
    [link] [comments]

    Window centering program that acts like Spotlight?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:32 PM PST

    When you open the spotlight search bar, you can move it around and it'll provide haptic feedback and stop when you hit the vertical or horizontal center of the screen. Is there anything that applies that effect to every window? it would be nice to center things by feel.

    submitted by /u/MilesStark
    [link] [comments]

    Finder icon

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Just bought my first Mac ever. Switched from Chrome to Safari but now I am getting heaps of adverts. How do I stop them? uBlock Origin doesn't work!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:22 AM PST

    I've been a Windows user my whole life until recently. I'm keen to use Safari on my new M1 MacBook Pro, but after switching from Chrome I've noticed you can't install uBlock Origin on Safari.

    I know the other adblockers aren't ideal as they have 'acceptable' adverts programs where they let certain ads through.

    I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to which way is the best to go about blocking unwanted ads in safari?

    submitted by /u/GuysImConfused
    [link] [comments]

    Opening a program and nothing happens in Mac os Catilina

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:23 PM PST

    Hi, recently ive tried to open a program from my desktop and ive been met with a pretty frustrating problem. When i open the program, a small poof apears on the dock where it should appear but then nothing follows. The program does not open. Any ideas as to what this might be because of?

    submitted by /u/DEMONUMENT
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t boot in Big Sur recovery mode even with the latest BridgeOS version

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:06 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I'm getting a little bit confused over what's happening here, let me explain. So I've installed Big Sur (11) on top of Catalina than I decided to go on a clean installation so what I've done was like restoring the t2 chip with apple configurator, reset the smc controller and reset the pram/nvram then I hold up "command+option*R" to get Big Sur which worked perfectly and then when 11.1 came I've simply installed on top of 11 . Now here is the problem, today I decided to do a clean install of Big Sur (11.1) and I reproduced the same steps as before and from what I've learned, Big Sur 11.1 updates BridgeOS to the latest version and now when I want to boot in recovery mode it only shows me the Catalina recovery mode EVEN IF BridgeOS is in its latest version so my question is why ? Why it show me a Catalina recovery mode if BridgeOS is fully updated ? And why it worked perfectly for Big Sur 11 and not anymore for 11.1 ? Is it because of the smc reset or pram ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Particular-Brain8363
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to share audio while screen sharing since updating to Big Sur

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    For reference, I have the early 2020 MacBook Air with intel i5 1.1 ghz processor and 16 gb ram. My OS is also up to date (11.1).

    I've been having issues with getting the audio from my computer to work while sharing my screen. At first I thought it was an issue with Discord specifically, but I've just tried it with Google Meets, Zoom, and Skype and it doesn't work there either, so I'm assuming it's my computer.

    This wasn't an issue prior to me updating my OS to Big Sur in mid-November; the audio from the window I was streaming would share with no problems. I've checked all my settings, I've tried restarting my laptop, I've tried reinstalling the apps, but nothing's worked. Does anyone know if updating to Big Sur changed some setting that would affect this? And if so, how can I go about fixing this?

    submitted by /u/amy4947
    [link] [comments]

    [11.0.1] Macbook air M1 date and time is greyed out. Is this normal and if not how do I fix it?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    Sudden shutdown

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:21 PM PST

    Hi guys I have a MacBook Air 13' from 2017 and updated to Big Sur recently. Ever since the upgrade I need to charge my Mac everyday even I didn't use it. It could last for weeks in Catalina before. Any idea I can fix the power problem? Also, today I was fulfilling an online application and it suddenly shutdown without any notice wtf :( I seriously have trust issues with Apple right now. It took me hours to fulfill just half of my application and thanks to Big Sur I need to start again... So does anyone know why it shutdown itself?I reboot it and there is 12% power left and the time became 01.01.2020😤🥺😭??? Any info will be appreciated:p

    submitted by /u/martin23zorn
    [link] [comments]

    BigSur 11.1 (20C69) still labeled as 10.16 internally?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:19 PM PST

    Removing downloads from the dock completely freezes dock, requires restart.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    So, pretty much the title. I just downloaded and upgraded to big sur, yet for some reason, when I tried to move the "downloads" folder right into the trash in order to "poof it off" the dock, the icon remained hovering over the trash can and completely locked up the dock. I restarted the computer, did it again and it happened again. So, I restarted for the third time did it with a few other icons first and then instead of dragging the downloads folder over the trashcan, I just dragged it up onto the desktop and "poofed it away" that way.

    I just bought this computer second hand and it seems as though it's in decent shape, but could seemingly simple "glitch" this be indicative of a larger problem? Thanks for your input, everyone.

    submitted by /u/dangerlawmc
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble installing Sierra as 2nd OS

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:23 PM PST

    I'm trying to install Sierra as 2nd OS on my partitioned SSD (currently I have Big Sur SO on it) but I'm getting this error when I try to install the second OS (Sierra) "OS X can't be installed on this disk. macOS isn't installed." Any help would be great!

    submitted by /u/goodclones
    [link] [comments]

    HELP Bricked Macbook?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:30 PM PST

    So i was following a tutorial on how to reset my macbook and i followed all the steps correctly: i booted into recovery mode, erased my hard disk, then i tried to reinstall macos and i cant because there is no authenticated users. i didnt do anything wrong and now i think it may be gone forever. help plz!!

    submitted by /u/shadoez16
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime photos not saving - macOS

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:53 PM PST

    I can't find the live photos taken during FaceTime calls on my MacBook Pro. I looked all over in Photos, starting with Live Photos, no luck. FaceTime even gives me a feedback that the picture was captured. The ones I took with my iPhone does save into Photos (iCloud).

    I used Big Sur 11.0 and just upgraded to 11.1 and I'm having the same issue.

    Does anyone have an idea where to look for them?

    submitted by /u/Spparkee
    [link] [comments]

    So my brother wanted to try something and made a second admin account ( Junian ) and I can’t delete it anymore :/ can someone help me on how to delete it ?!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Should I reinstall macOS on MacBook or take it to an apple store?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 06:06 PM PST

    I accidentally closed my sister MacBook without knowing that it was updating. Now after logging in it shows a circle with a line through it. I followed what apple has on their website and got to the point of reinstalling macOS, because first aid didn't do anything, but I'm not sure if I want to do it in case important files for university get deleted. If my files don't get deleted, should I try reinstalling macOS or take it to an apple store?

    submitted by /u/Sarb00
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel