• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    macOS Touchbar will finally get some updates with Big Sur

    macOS Touchbar will finally get some updates with Big Sur


    Touchbar will finally get some updates with Big Sur

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    The ports don't work, is my BENQ XL2430T not compatible with mac os?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Darling is a translation layer that lets you run macOS software on Linux. Like Linux, Darling is free and open-source software. It is developed openly on GitHub and distributed under the GNU GPL license version 3.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    This is the first time I see two different versions between MacOS and Finder

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    My activity monitor is in Finnish but everything else is in English.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Why is Reddit so slow in Safari?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Does anyone else have a problem where reddit runs really sluggish in Safari?. it's using up 2gb of ram and always gets that "this website is using significant amount of memory" warnings.

    It's only reddit and Disney+ that do this.

    submitted by /u/Ghostwriterwriter
    [link] [comments]

    Automatically open an app when connecting a Bluetooth device?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Hi! Is there any way to automatically launch an app when I connect a Bluetooth device to my Mac?

    I'd like to automatically launch Steam (preferably in Big Picture) when I connect my Xbox controller on Bluetooth.

    Is this possible? If yes, how?

    submitted by /u/mbetata
    [link] [comments]

    is there a good volume mixer which functions properly on a mac?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Weird glitching in the top right of the OS

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    This happens everytime I switch between desktops, but only on the desktop I'm switching to, and not one the one I'm currently on.

    https://reddit.com/link/j5f56f/video/cindfwr1a8r51/player

    submitted by /u/hiimdeath_
    [link] [comments]

    iDevices WiFi sync issue

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Hello good people, I updated my MBP 2019 15" to Catalina about 3 days back and ever since then wifi sync has stopped working for my iPhone and iPad. Both iDevices are on 14.0.1 and were syncing just fine with Mojave. I tried deleting the finder plist and unchecking/rechecking the wifi sync option but no luck. The only time my devices show up in the finder is when I relaunch it.If anyone knows a fix please share.

    Appreciate any help
    Cheers

    submitted by /u/bananaMonkey798
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS standalone application development

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm a rather novice developer in the sense that I really only work with Python GUIs and scripts. In the last week, I developed a rudimentary application that I would like to convert into a full macOS application bundle.

    The problem I'm having is figuring out how to properly put together the bundle files. For instance, when I update my Info.plist file to reflect a change in my bundle's icon, nothing happens and the only way to change the icon is to copy/paste the image in the "Get info" view. In addition, my main executable is currently only a shell script that calls the Python interpreter to open the rest of my modules, which I've included in a "PlugIns" folder. Is this poor practice? Should I convert the main GUI script into an executable and replace the shell script?

    I have many questions beyond those included above, such as: • Should I add the Python framework to my bundle? Would I need to include numpy/matplotlib/pandas and any other packages with the bundle, or should my bundle have a script that installs these dependencies from the get-go? • How do I go about adding a license/getting my application approved for download on other devices (I have no intention of purchasing a developer license)? • How do I go about creating a custom installer for my application once it's ready for distribution? I don't need to share with a lot of people, just a select few within my company, but I would like to learn how to do this for any future endeavors.

    Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

    submitted by /u/decaying_carbon
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2020 acting up

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Dark Mode in High Sierra (Almost there!)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Hi, hope you're doing well!

    If anyone else is stuck on High Sierra, for one of the many reasons, one of the most appealing upgrades is dark mode.

    If anyone else is interested or has more info, I am looking to make it work. I got this far https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/enable-dark-mode-in-high-sierra-sort-of/ and encountered Reddit threads of course.

    I got that done and found this too https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/d27h6w/dark_mode_on_high_sierra_collective_topic/ I have the same Finder thing. Anyone working on any code just to fix that bit? Or is it even possible? Or is Finder such an app that it would require dissecting deep into it and it's just not worth it?

    Thanks in advance!

    ~ Trip

    submitted by /u/tripleyothreat
    [link] [comments]

    Using MacBook pro messages app to call someone through 'Using iPhone' opens up skype instead

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I want to use Time Machine to create a disk backup. Then upload the backup file to a cloud storage service. How can I do that?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    I want to use Time Machine to create a disk backup. Then upload the backup file to a cloud storage service. How can I do that?

    submitted by /u/FrostyTelephone0
    [link] [comments]

    Do you like the Big Sur wallpaper or the Colors wallpaper in macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Do you like the Big Sur wallpaper or the Colors wallpaper in macOS Big Sur

    Big Sur

    the other one is colors.

    submitted by /u/themariocrafter
    [link] [comments]

    I remember a lot of people bitching about the quicktime icon (myself included), and this is the new one. Thoughts?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Has anybody any idea on how to stop this message from appearing? (A software update is required to connect to your iPhone)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Has anybody any idea on how to stop this message from appearing? (A software update is required to connect to your iPhone)

    \"A software update is required to connect to iphone\"

    I can' update my mac and I am sick of this message popping in my face asking me to update my mac.

    I would be fine with an option where my mac doesn't detects when an iPhone is connected to the computer.

    submitted by /u/alexisgaziello
    [link] [comments]

    Safari and Chrome Netflix bug

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    My screen is flickering every 2 seconds while I am watching Netflix full screen. What can I do? I'm on a MacBook Air 2015" using Catalina.

    submitted by /u/rDres
    [link] [comments]

    No News App on Mac OS

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I've a MBP 13 2015 with Catalina 10.15.7 - just realised that Apple News isn't on this machine and there's no visible option to add it. News works just fine on my other Apple devices but for some reason I am unable to find it/ install it on this MBP.

    Tried searching for it on the App Store, even called Apple about this and we tried various things but still nothing. The only thing left to do is reinstall the OS which isn't something I'd like to invest time in at the moment.

    Did this happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/CharlesNewman12
    [link] [comments]

    No audio on Safari

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I updated my Safari recently to version 13.1.3 with no issues. Then today I updated my macOS (I have a 2015 MacBook Pro) to Catalina 10.15.7. For whatever reason, there is no sound, no matter the website. How could I fix this? In the preferences I have already set Auto-Play to "Allow All Auto-Play"

    submitted by /u/suhdude-21
    [link] [comments]

    Should I update to Big Sur?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    I updated instantly when it came out but I downgraded and for some reason, I can't remember why?
    what are the downsides of updating

    submitted by /u/yetisamiright
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot type in my firmware password when accessing recovery

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I stupidly enabled the firmware password, then when I next tried to boot into recovery I couldn't type in my password (that I know as I just set it up).

    When I get to the password screen I can move my mouse around but cannot type anything. I know the magic keyboard works as I needed to press CMD + R to get into recovery! I've tried using another wireless keyboard but to no avail. It's a 2014 Mac mini I believe. I can boot into macos just fine, I'm just locked out of recovery.

    I've scoured the internet and although others have had the same problem no solution was given. The caps key doesn't light up which would indicate its disconnected but as mentioned using another keyboard doesn't solve things. Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/edthesloth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel