• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Apple TV [Help] My display suddenly turned pink! I reset, swapped out HDMI, and unplugged. Nothing worked until I switched to 4K SDR instead of HDR. What’s going on??

    Apple TV [Help] My display suddenly turned pink! I reset, swapped out HDMI, and unplugged. Nothing worked until I switched to 4K SDR instead of HDR. What’s going on??


    [Help] My display suddenly turned pink! I reset, swapped out HDMI, and unplugged. Nothing worked until I switched to 4K SDR instead of HDR. What’s going on??

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    How to fix the TV app’s TV Series Cataloging: A tweet thread

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    Flickering in darker screen areas

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I use Apple tv 4K and after recent update to tvOS 14 i began noticing a lot of annoying white-ish flickering in darker areas. It's more severe on SD content, especially streaming, but downloaded too (i use Infuse 6 for that), still very visible on HD and seems to be almost absent on 4K sources. Apple TV is set to 4K HDR 60hz, but the problem persists with Dolby Vision, SDR or any other settings. Match rate and frame rate in on (i switched them off too). Is there anything i can do to minimize it?

    Initially i though this could be Oled TV issue, but i've ran some videos on the TV's built-in Youtube and Amazon prime apps, and there's no flickering whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/proshot82
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4K - audio sharing sync issue

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Have an Apple TV 4K on the latest TVOS . Recently I was trying to try out the audio sharing featuring using two AirPod gen 2s. I noticed there was a syncing issue with a brief audio delay.

    Is this common? Happening to anyone else? Any fix for it?

    submitted by /u/had0ukenn
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV weirdness after TVOS14 update

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Updated Apple TV 4k to TVOS14, At first, my Spectrum app looked like crap with really low resolution, but I unplugged the AppleTV about 4 times and it seemed fine.

    Later, everything looked lower in resolution and the lip sync was off. Went into settings in AppleTV and it was set to 1080p with no 4k option. Unplugged the HDMI cable at the Sony HDTV and 4k was restored.

    But, it's now dropped the resolution for no apparent reason with no option to increase resolution 3-4 times. And each time I unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable, at the TV, it improves...for a bit then back to the same issue.

    Anyone figure out what's up and a potential fix?

    submitted by /u/Stockjock1
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Atmos experience from streaming media - it’s almost similar sounding to DD5.1 stream and a far (way far!) cry from discrete channel experience from Atmos on Blu-Ray discs

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Has anyone done an A-B comparison between a blu-ray Atmos disc and the same movie playing in Atmos on iTunes / Netflix etc? The soundfield is completely different. The discreetness is also marginal. Switching between Atmos and DD5.1 (under Settings on ATV) mostly proves this as well.

    Anyone care to share their research on this?

    submitted by /u/vulcan_on_earth
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K remote

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Has anyone been having trouble with the Apple TV 4K remote since the update? I have a Samsung TV & sound bar and everything worked perfect (volume, turning everything off etc). Now to put the volume up or down I have to click it multiple times for it to register the actions. White light blinks acknowledging the click but still takes multiple clicks & I haven't changed anything on my tv.

    submitted by /u/espinadj01
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Prime X-Ray not working as of OS 14

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I haven't been able to use x-ray on Prime since updating to TV OS 14. Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Neephoid
    [link] [comments]

    Sony 900E and Apple 4K Setting

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Hi, what setting should I use for the Apple 4K- should I select RGB or YCbCrand what setting should I do for the chroma setting. Should I enable HDR or let the setting be match content ( range and frame rate)?

    submitted by /u/asoma64
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to check if I am really getting a 4k stream for a movie.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    If I rent a 4k movie from say Amazon. Is there anyway to check to see if I am really getting a 4K feed? I am using a LG CX TV. I ask because I am not really seeing any big difference in a 4k vs a non 4k stream.

    submitted by /u/redflagdan52
    [link] [comments]

    App to stream random internet movie?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm looking for an app to stream something just random on the internet.

    Background: I desperately want to watch the 80s version of Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows. I can't find it to stream anywhere on normal streaming platforms. I can't even rent it on Amazon. Only option is to buy the dvd.

    I feel like I'd have a better chance of finding it on a random illegal site. So, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ursulablackkitty
    [link] [comments]

    Home Sharing with Ethernet

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    I can't connect to my computer with Ethernet, and rarely with WiFi. Anyone having issues?

    submitted by /u/letermen
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi and remote issues

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Okay so I lost my Apple TV remote, been using my iPhone. Apple TV disconnected from WiFi out of nowhere so I plug it into the router and connect with my phone, but now I can't set up WiFi while it's connected to Ethernet... but I don't have a remote for it unless it's connected to Ethernet...

    submitted by /u/target1995
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube 4K

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I saw that the tvos update 14.0.1 has added 4K streaming in YouTube but @ 30 FPS, however I can't even select 2160p and I'm stuck watching 1080p even if the video has the 4K icon indicating 4K... any help will be appreciated !

    submitted by /u/billieyelashh
    [link] [comments]

    Better picture quality on build on apps compared to Apple TV 4K apps

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    Hey guys So my Samsung 4K tv has multiple apps build in. Netflix amazon etc. whenever I compare the 2 devices when it comes to video/picture quality, I always recognize that the build in apps show a much better picture than the Apple TV apps. Especially the image noice is much worse on ATV compared to the Samsung TV where is almost no visible image noise. I've tried different chroma settings and multiple high end hdmi cables but I couldn't fix this issue. Do you guys have an idea? Maybe this is normal?

    submitted by /u/JoeTechnical
    [link] [comments]

    Directv app?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Am i missing something or does the directv app not exist on Apple TV? I tried to sign in using AT&T tv and the login doesn't work

    submitted by /u/david_draven
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a Spotify playlist while using Spotify on Apple TV?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out how to make a new playlist in Spotify while using my Apple TV. Is this possible or do I need to be using the Spotify app on my phone or computer?

    submitted by /u/FredGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to restore factory settings without picture?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I got an Apple TV from Spectrum when I started service a couple months ago. I was just flipping through the settings a bit, and enabled HDR, unsure of whether or not my TV supported it. It said it would test my TV for compatibility first, and as soon as I clicked okay, the screen went dark, and when it came back, it was basically just digital static. It went out again a couple more times, but each time it came back with just garbled noise. No picture from the Apple TV, but I can still hear sounds as I swipe around the main menu. I am going to see if I can get some screen shots of the Apple TV menus and try to fly blind back to the HDR settings and turn it off.

    Does it seem like a better HDMI cable would resolve it? Is there any way to revert the Apple TV back to factory settings without access to the interface?

    Many thanks!

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Flexorcist
    [link] [comments]

    PROVIDER LOGIN gone 2020

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm writing from Southern California. Here's what's happening—

    I have Apple TV connected to cable provider (Direct TV) — 95% of the time its 💯 but every now and then, I have to go to some website, authenticate a login, get a new app (HBO GO), restart, etc. but for the most part it's all NBD—

    Until recently...

    I can no longer use my login info to get into NBC or CNN (probably other apps too).

    After entering password — It times out and attempts to connect but always results in a password error screen (the code-less one, not the 'true' incorrect password notification)

    Login details haven't changed. I've gone into settings and confirmed tv is connected to the provider along with apps...

    If anyone hears this, your girl really wants to watch the SNL premiere from last night. Heard it was fire.

    I'm not sure if it's a peacock thing (?) or if nbc made a move like CBS, but I'd love advice.

    Take care. Also, please vote. The orcas can't and they need you your help.

    *I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that on here but I ask with sincerity and I ask because it matters. I don't mean to offend anyone.

    Thank you for the help with Apple TV (or orcas)

    submitted by /u/krusical
    [link] [comments]

    Video issues since tvOS14

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Since updating, numerous apps will simply not play video. It just spins and spins until reboot but keeps coming back. Additionally, when playing Dolby Vision content, the backlighting is out of sync with images if I don't keep it connected through the soundbar directly. It's making it almost unwatchable when it DOES play. I prefer to connect it through the TV and use ARC so that the Xbox can stay connected to the soundbar. Anyone else getting funky issues since updating? Tried two ATV units and both do it. Have a TCL 55r625.

    submitted by /u/The_UAB_Blazer
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV with Samsung Universal Remote (BN-59)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I started using my universal Samsung remote (model BN-59) with my Apple TV, and for the most part it actually works really well, but is there a way that I can pull up the right hand side menu (mimicking holding down on the TV button on the Siri remote) so I can put the ATV to sleep? I can't seem to figure out that function using the BN-59 remote.

    submitted by /u/spatel14
    [link] [comments]

    Need to reconnect devices to ATV and it doesn’t fucking work!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    I needed to actually use screen sharing today, but AppleTV says fuck you.

    You need to Connect your phone again using Bluetooth. But it doesn't fucking work. Great ios14 QA guys!

    As an aside, who the fuck decided that "check for updates" on ATV should not be in General as it is on iOS?

    Well I checked. Updated TV. Restarted it even. And it still doesn't work.

    https://i.imgur.com/qI80PhW.jpg

    submitted by /u/privat3crunch
    [link] [comments]

    Fox Sports app and location issues

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    We have a 4th gen Apple TV. We have WOW! Cable to access the app sign in (a family member's account) but we have Comcast internet at our house. We are located in Detroit and we have the time zone set to Detroit (and we also tried auto time zone). The Fox Sports app puts us in Chicago. We can not get the Lions (hey, hey no snark) game live because it thinks we are in Chicago. The Fox Sports app on our iOS and Mac is fine, this only happens on the Fox Sports app on tvOS using WOW!. Any ideas how to get this to work??

    submitted by /u/SeeSeaEm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel