• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    macOS Microsoft Office Lag (resizing windows for example)... Anyone else experience this?

    macOS Microsoft Office Lag (resizing windows for example)... Anyone else experience this?


    Microsoft Office Lag (resizing windows for example)... Anyone else experience this?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I've got a 2015 iMac with 16gb ram and a 1tb nvme drive. Resizing Outlook email windows or PowerPoint windows with 90% text is so slow and choppy.

    Is it just that office itself isn't using any kind of hardware acceleration for drawing its windows? Is there any setting that can be adjusted to help with this? I open the same presentations in Keynote which I just downloaded, and it is so smooth and fluid.

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2014 MacBook Pro 10.13.6 trying to update to 10.14 with no success

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I have 10.13.6 and i wanted to upgrade to 10.14.6 so i could download Final Cut Pro. The installer for 10.14.6 says "macOS 10.14 is required for this install" but when I try to download 10.14 it says "this copy of the install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS". I have a mid 2014 MacBook Pro and I'm hesitant to go to 10.15 because of some software I use (serato) that doesn't recommend upgrading still (they're slow on the updates) please help meh.

    submitted by /u/Steezypowpow
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from launching or loading by itself

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Hi!

    Is there an effective way to stop Adobe Creative Cloud from launching and loading itself during startups and/or in the middle of use, whether I'm using a CC app or not.

    Please help.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ast_ph
    [link] [comments]

    Weird artifact on wallpaper. Happens to every wallpaper and even second display. GPU issue or beta issue?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Input Sources (change language) on Touchbar fucked

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    There was that touchbar feature for multilingual users like my self you add "Input Sources" and you press it to change language - neat and easy and you always got displayed language in any application

    Now it's just globe icon that opens up menu on tap where you can change the language in another 2 clicks

    The thing is even if you bind your capslock to change your language with one key - you still sometimes get your CAPS turned on instead of language change

    2020 can you stop spoiling it?

    Cursing cause this is emotional

    submitted by /u/lion_jerk
    [link] [comments]

    Can we paste an image without the meta data?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    To paste text without the original source's font, size, color, and styling, we can use Shift, Option, Command, and V.

    Is there something similar for pasting an image? Shift, Option, Command, and V doesn't seem to work.

    submitted by /u/RamenStartup
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using apps like Epoccam or Iriun webcam to allow their phones to be used as webcam?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    So I have a budget Huawei phone lying around. Front camera is 8MP pretty decent colors. But when I used Iriun Webcam app to use my phone as webcam for Zoom, I noticed colors are a bit washed out. Anyone have this experience?

    Iriun webcam app obviously doesn't have white balance adjustments.

    Weird because If I go to the phone's native camera app, front cam video is pretty decent with warmer colors.

    What app are you using to use your mobile 0hones as webcams? I wanna try out other apps.

    submitted by /u/Vald3rd
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro no longer connects to xfinitywifi hotspot?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    I have been using a hotspot near my house for a year and a half with no issues. Use it on my laptop, phone, and fire stick. Go figure that right when I begin to work from home, my MacBook Pro (running high Sierra version 10.13.6) won't connect. I have tried everything. Flushed DNS, deleted server/network interface files in my System Configuration folder, and downloaded xfinity "profiles" in an effort to connect to the hotspot. Any time one of these methods worked, it was short lived. Please help! What happened that my Mac will no longer connect, but my firestick is running like normal? What can I do to fix this permanently?

    submitted by /u/salty_secret
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my windows not resize to the left/right of the screen when I click the button to?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    When you hover over a resize button for a window, you get a full screen, move to left and move to right option. When I first got my mac around 8 months ago, it worked, however it no longer works after an update. Is there some way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/JeffersJohn
    [link] [comments]

    Does FaceTime on OSX sync Snapchat/WhatsApp VoIP logs made on iPhone on the same account. Or it only logs/syncs normal calls and FaceTime calls?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    LinkedIn not loading on Safari when 'Prevent cross-site tracking' is turned on

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2) and Safari 14.0. The website loads perfectly well when I turn it off so question is, can I turn the option off for specific websites only?

    submitted by /u/mike-sanchez
    [link] [comments]

    My file icons have changed to the app icon in Catalina. I've already tried to rebuild the LaunchServices but it didn't work

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Bluetooth audio issue

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    There isn't a support thread on here and I could not find a post discussing it so,

    Is anyone experiencing issues with bluetooth audio with their macs? I have a 2020 mbp 13 with latest software and a beats studio 3. It would randomly disconnect. It also happens with an airpods pro.

    All software and firmware are up to date and I have also tried resetting smc and pram/nvram but it still happens.

    submitted by /u/TheinterwebisreaL
    [link] [comments]

    MBP - Live Music

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about buying a refurbished 2019 MacBook Pro "16 i9 w/ 2.3 ghz (8 Cores) for live music use. My concern is that Omnisphere 2 specifies a req. of 2.4 ghz.

    Would this MBP with 16gb RAM and 2 TB SSD have enough power to handle Omnisphere 2, KeyScape, Ableton, and MainStage?

    submitted by /u/Mind_yo_own
    [link] [comments]

    clone mac hdd to ssd with computer id/machine id

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I run audio software on my macbook. I cloned my macbook HDD to an SSD, and plugged it into a mac pro and I am running the SSD off the mac pro. Some of my plugins work, and some are saying that I have the wrong computer ID. Is there a way to change the computer ID to match my macbook computer ID? It's not the name of the computer in the system preferences/sharing...I believe you may have to use terminal in order to change, just not sure how. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/petenap25
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to switch from APFS to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Encrypted while retaining all data from a Time Machine backup?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    I received a Macbook Air from a friend that is formatted APFS which I've been using for a year but the specs are too low and want to back up to a Time Machine and restore on a new Macbook Pro. Is it possible to restore all my data from the Macbook Air to a new Macbook Pro but formatted to Mac OS Extended Journaled (Encrypted)?

    Side question: Is APFS the new default standard on MacOS HD's?
    My older Mac from mid 2012 or so which still runs really well is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

    submitted by /u/ynotplay
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the pointer effect for my cursor?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Hi guys! I was wondering if i could somehow get the pointer effect that is on Google Slides? (i found this video that shows what i mean)

    Is there a way i can get that as my cursor for Mac in general? like not just when i'm in a certain application?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/rockinchanks
    [link] [comments]

    Consolidating and Sharing Photos from Multiple iPhones

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Hi all. I'm struggling with something that I just can't seem to get my head around. In my family, I have folks with iPhones. When they take a picture, the picture is backup up to iCloud and also sent to our Mac Server at home via SMB using PhotoSync. This works fine, but I would like a way to share all the photos stored on the Mac Server with everyone. Is there a way to do this using Apple Photos? I tried it with Emby, but it doesn't support HEIC and it isn't a great at handling photo libraries. iCloud won't work as it only syncs with current photos; in other words, once an iPhone fills up and photos are delete to make space, they're gone. Synology has Moments which does what I want, but would prefer to stick with the Mac Server as I have other things running on it. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/rnatalli
    [link] [comments]

    External Disk Image is mounted as a Read-Only File System

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    External Disk Image is mounted as a Read-Only File System

    Hi there,

    To give you some context, I created a disk image specifically for backing up using time machine and saved it in my Google Drive using file stream. Basically I wanted to back up my Mac into google drive using time machine.

    I followed this tutorial in order to achieve this.

    It was all working fine until I had to remount the disk by opening the .sparsebundle file located in my drive. After remounting, I wasn't able to backup using time machine anymore, or make time machine use the disk anymore.

    I now realise the problem is because the disk has now mounted as a Read-Only File System, and continues to do so.

    Disk Info

    When trying to get time machine to use the disk.

    Disk Image Information | Error when trying to adjust permissions.

    I not entirely sure what to do, I have tried a couple of commands in terminal from research, but I just cannot get it to work. Note: I am running the latest beta of MacOS Big Sur.

    Please excuse the lack of knowledge, and any help would be greatly appreciated :P

    submitted by /u/KiwiBlueSpring01
    [link] [comments]

    Any good recommendations for Evernote alternatives?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Evernote has become increasingly glitchy, annoying and slow (the search is terrible, and switching in/out of the the app now causes a reload almost all the time). The free tier is very limited and the paid tiers are too expensive.

    All I need is a good web clipper for both Safari on MacOS and iOS, that can grab images or text. And basic note storing/searching ability.

    submitted by /u/titaniumdoughnut
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my time machine backup so much smaller than my used space?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    TM is on a Seagate 4TB expansion drive.

    I've used about 800 gigs on my (fusion) HDD for my iMac (2013).

    Following backup, Time Machine says of the expansion drive - "3.94TB of 4TB available"

    How can this be right?

    Full disclosure: I switched my (2013) Mac on today, it chugged away and was on super, super go-slow. Beachball came on every time i clicked anything, would take minutes for anything to open and kept restarting. I called an IT technician who said it was probably my HDD and to back up as soon as I could (my last one was 2015...). I went and bought a new external HDD and the backup has just finished - but at a far smaller size than what I have used (I have used hundreds of gigs on photos and videos for starters..).

    Any ideas what's going on? Is my HDD wrecked? Incidentally, the computer is operating just fine now - no restart loops or on go-slow.

    submitted by /u/Akeem_of_Zamunda
    [link] [comments]

    Administrator issues

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Hi everyone

    I'm quite new to MacOS and wanted to change some settings. But when changing access settings to a drive, I was told that I don't have the required rights to do so.

    I'm the administrator and also only user of this machine and don't know how I can get those rights.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hakeahnig
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel