• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    iPhone iPhone over-charging? True or urban legend?

    iPhone iPhone over-charging? True or urban legend?


    iPhone over-charging? True or urban legend?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Should I only charge it to 80-90% max, and not let it go below 30%? or is it okay to charge it to 100%?

    submitted by /u/CommodoreBlair89
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS MAX CH loses services upon unlocking device

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I have recently got an iPhone XS Max (Chinese model living in New Zealand) everything is perfectly fine it just loses service like the sim has been taken out and back in most of the time ( not always) I unlock it when it is in mobile only no wifi, I have reset it via a ota update and via a restore on iTunes and this issue still persists has anyone else on here encountered a similar issue to me before (I have tried different SIM cards as well and it still persists)

    submitted by /u/X0jamiex0
    [link] [comments]

    Woke up to my iPhone making a call?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    So it's 9:15am right now and I was just sound asleep. I woke up at around 9:05 to the faint sound of my iPhone (that was right next to me) going to the voicemail of my uncle, who's right upstairs and also asleep. It was hazy and at first I thought I was dreaming until I heard "no message has been recorded." I picked up the phone and saw the call was real, and immediately hung up. Thoroughly spooked, I checked my call log to see the whole call was about 30 seconds long, all the while I had been dead asleep.

    What just happened??? I tried looking this up and the best I could come up with is my phone automatically dialed my emergency contact... but when I looked at the reasons why this might happen, nothing made sense. I have the newest IPhone SE, got it new with AppleCare+ and everything. My phone is up to date. My voice control setting is OFF and all my other settings have barely been accessed since this phone is like, 2 months old. I'm not hooked up to any Bluetooth devices. Literally everyone in my home is asleep except... my iPhone? And now I'm a little worried because what the fuck, I've never had a phone do this before.

    submitted by /u/finally-human
    [link] [comments]

    App to listen to music offline?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I'm usually an android user, but my phone broke recently and my friend gave me his old iphone. I was wondering if there was any apps that allows you to download music online and listen to them offline. I tried Total files, but we can't download from youtube anymore and that pisses me off. Any of you has a way?

    submitted by /u/Blue_Sins49
    [link] [comments]

    Swapping sims - iMessages

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Hi there. My iPhone 7 has a faulty audio chip, and I am using an iPhone 5 to make calls. I haven't bothered to move my apps over to the iPhone 5 because I'm planning to get the new iPhone when it comes out. I created a temporary Apple ID on the iPhone 5, didnt log into my existing one.

    My question is, if I am having an iMessage conversation on my iPhone 7, then swap the sim over to the 5, is there any chance of me missing any of my incoming Imessages? If I swapped back temporarily, would this 'ping' the servers to retrieve any that have been missed?

    Hope that makes sense, thanks

    submitted by /u/TomRedditAccount
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 3uTools' iDevice Verification tool to be trusted?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    I have recently changed my iPhone XR rear glass because it got shattered after it fell. Problem is, there is no Apple store or Apple approved repair service in my whole country so I had to do with what was available.

    Apparently after the repair, there is a little white stain on the screen, like a white dot. A missing pixel something like that. Someone is telling me that this might go big. I ran the 3uTools' iDevice Verification tool to check if the dude had damaged or exchanged any part.

    To my surprise, the rear camera's values dont match 100%, it may have been exchanged. But is the tool 100% accurate? The first 4 values are correct but then they don't match, could it be that they simply have been changed during manufacturing or something like that. Should I assume off it that he changed something? Or maybe it's just cause he damaged it during the repair process, or I did during the device's free fall that caused the previous shattering?

    The camera works like a charm, but I'm worried. Thanks for the replies.

    submitted by /u/Ayto7
    [link] [comments]

    Restore iMessages From iCloud Backup

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    A few days ago I accidentally deleted years worth of messages. I have my iCloud automatically back up all my crap all the time, so I assume I should have a backup on there somewhere. But every time I try and find info on it I can only see ways to do it from a computer backup which I don't have. Is there a way to do it from my iCloud backup?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FrogsGoMoo
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone is stuck in reboot loop/Recovery mode

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I own an iPhone 8 64GB which i purchased last year.

    So, i have been to countless websites and videos, updated the phone from iTunes and tried recovery from there with both manual update and update through iTunes itself. I also have tried a program called "iMyFone Fixppo" to no help. I also tried to let the battery drain and hard reboot it without results. And there shouldnt be any storage problems since i've cleaned the phone for apps and unnecessary pictures not too long ago. Im pretty sure there are other people that needs the same help as i do aswell.

    I think i have done everything i can from home, and will probably need to send it to a mobile repair shop, but im rather broke now and cant really afford it. So this is my last stretch r/iphonereddit, if any of yall have experienced similar problems, or have any tips for what i can do, i would deeply appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

    sorry for bad english.

    submitted by /u/Cypexosu
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    why is my iphone 7 plus camera quality so bad how can u fix it ( it's on ios 13)

    submitted by /u/alicia_78
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Anti-Virus scam stuff

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    So I was browsing 4chan and some other websites looking for drop boxes..I'm sure you can assume for what..and something that said "calendar" popped up so I accepted. Now I have a notification in my calendar app saying 'Your iPhone is infected with...at 3:00pm" and it continues like this every hour. It's also in Russian I believe but I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to get this out of my calendar app. The notifications are really starting to bug me. I'm not sure if I can post a screenshot but if I can I will do you guys can see what I'm talking about

    submitted by /u/NefariousnessAdept12
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone: Safari tabs from MBP not showing up in safari on iOS

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I am running latest versions of iOS and MacOS and for some reason safari tabs from my MBP are not showing at the bottom of safari tab view on iOS. IT DOES show the iOS tabs when I am on my MBP however.

    I have turned off and on both Safari syncing in iCloud on iPhone and MBP but still not working.

    Looked up other solutions but found none. What else can I try?

    Only thing I have changed recently is turning off keychain iCloud sync on both devices since I use a standalone PW manager. That to my knowledge shouldn't affect this.

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    submitted by /u/_whysosadman_
    [link] [comments]

    Safari tabs missing after restore

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm using an iPhone 7, IOS 13.3.1.

    My phone kept running out of storage space so I tried to free up some "other" space by deleting some cookies in Safari. I went to the Safari settings and did "Block all cookies", in which it informed me that existing cookies and website data would be removed. I didn't think much of it and proceeded (dumb, I know now). Afterwards I toggled it back on, then realised that it closed all 400+ of my tabs (which I was not able to recover or see in recently closed tabs).

    I've heard of multiple closed tabs happening to others and decided to go with a phone reset and restore, as I had an iPhone backup with (supposedly) my Safari data just from the night before.

    However, the backup failed to restore any of the important 400 open tabs and left me with 10 tabs of things I'm sure I closed a while ago.

    Does anyone have any insight into what's happened or advice on how to recover my tabs from here? It would be greatly appreciated!

    TL;DR: Blocked Safari cookies, 400+ tabs got erased, reset + restored phone, tabs failed to restore, please help thanks.

    submitted by /u/Sharn369
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max iOS 14, how do I factory reset but restore vital information and pictures?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    My iPhone is having weird Bluetooth problems, and has since I've had AirPod pros. At the gym they will glitch and then go silent even though still connected and apple says music is playing. I have had the airpods replaced 2x, and it doesn't happen with my girlfriend using her XS and airpod pros so it's something with the phone. I have done a reset on the AirPods and a reset restore on the iPhone. It also drops connection from my BMW Bluetooth randomly, then reconnects in a few minutes. I am convinced it's the phone. How do I go about resetting it to factory, but then restoring my contacts, messages, music, photos, passwords?

    submitted by /u/101010109
    [link] [comments]

    Will recovery mode initiate a remote erase?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Long story short. Bought a damaged screen iPhone 11 Pro Max in person. The seller removed the phone from their account through iCloud.com and erased the device (they provided screenshots to prove it).

    I did IMEI checks which shows that iCloud is OFF across 3 different websites.

    I've got the phone working again and my understanding was that erasing and removing an offline device from an iCloud account should happen when the phone next connects to wi-fi or cellular data but that did not happen.

    The phone appears to be still logged in with the seller's iCloud account even though the IMEI checks indicate that iCloud is off.

    Is there any reason why the phone would not initiate the remote erase? Has anyone else experienced this? And would putting the phone into recovery mode initiate the remote erase or will I be greeted with the activation locked screen once it's completed?

    The seller has been pretty good and responsive, have asked if they can meet me again to remove it in person but while I wait for a response thought I'd try here for some answers.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/shockwaave
    [link] [comments]

    Unusual Popup about Viruses

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    Today I was looking at wallpapers on safari when I clicked a photo which sent me to a page that looked like the apple website, from there a popup said I had 4 viruses installed and I had to download an app from the app store to fix it then it redirected me with out an ask to open app store.

    I am pr sure this is just some scam to get me to download an app but just in case I am asking if anyone has seen or knows anything more about this scam. that would be great thx

    submitted by /u/AkynoYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel