• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    iPad Multitasking while screen sharing on zoom on iPadOS 14 still broken. But now zoom is saying that they cannot fix that with an update, that it’s Apple’s OS. What can be done to get Apple to fix this ASAP? Someone posted a link in a diff thread, but that seemed to be only for people on beta program.

    iPad Multitasking while screen sharing on zoom on iPadOS 14 still broken. But now zoom is saying that they cannot fix that with an update, that it’s Apple’s OS. What can be done to get Apple to fix this ASAP? Someone posted a link in a diff thread, but that seemed to be only for people on beta program.


    Multitasking while screen sharing on zoom on iPadOS 14 still broken. But now zoom is saying that they cannot fix that with an update, that it’s Apple’s OS. What can be done to get Apple to fix this ASAP? Someone posted a link in a diff thread, but that seemed to be only for people on beta program.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    TIL that certain webpages like Reddit will have their app appear on Handoff

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    LIDAR scanning test using Polycam app on iPad Pro 2020

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Astonished at how bad Apple TV App is!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I mean it's an Apple app, on an apple device. You'd think is extremely optimized and exploits all touch opportunities.

    • you can't go back and forth or pause touching the screen. You have to use the little button at the bottom.

    • it lags and stops like no other streaming provider

    • the skip recap/skip theme button appears for half a second and then disappears so I just have to go ahead manually.

    • episodes! For fudge sake, you can't go inside the show and select the episode you want to see? It wanted me to watch the same episode again so I had to hold and select "mark episode as watched". I mean Netflix let's you go in and see the episodes list etc.

    I'm seriously surprised at how bad this is given how innovative Apple is and that the whole Touch thing is supposed to be its gig

    submitted by /u/Illsellyoullbuy
    [link] [comments]

    iPad mini 1st Generation with Apple’s “Lightning Digital AV-adapter” good u tube & movie device. Links given in the comment.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    iPad Air - tap to wake?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if the upcoming iPad Air has a tap to wake screen?

    submitted by /u/AggravatingSouth5
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have any ideas on what could work on my Logitech touch folio case for this?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    The back flap that holds the iPad up in desktop mode is nice but does use up some space. I am looking and hoping I can find something that I can attach to my case that'll fold in every direction and as far as this case can fold without it breaking.

    Something that'll keep me from using the flap/stand in desktop mode and just hold my ipad open in any position as it folds or bends.

    I was thinking some flat, thin and wide aluminum covered in rubber or rubber-like material that can attach to the corners closest to each other where the ipad cover is always closest to the keyboard if that makes sense.

    Perhaps you have seen something online that can help?

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Switching PC and iPad Pro

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I currently have a fantastic work from home setup with a couple monitors and my iPad as my main notes and communication hub. Does anyone know of a solution for a keyboard that I can use both as my PC keyboard and selectively switch to my iPad? I would prefer some sort of bluetooth solution but I'll be happy with anything at this point.

    submitted by /u/1212c8
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find the right keyboard case

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm gonna get the iPad Air 4, but I can't decide on the right keyboard. I chose something compact, like the Magic keyboard case, the Smart Keyboard Folio and the Logitech Folio Touch.

    For the Magic Keyboard case I've heard a lot of people complaining about the awful materials' quality. Therefore I'm not prone to spend 300+ € on such a keyboard, even if the feel and look are amazing.

    For the Smart Keyboard Folio I've heard people that the feel of the keys is really bad compared to standard keyboards or the MKCase. However this one is the one I'm considering the most for these reasons: really light and portable, sort of waterproof capability, relatively affordable price compared to the MKC. The additional usb c, backlighting of the keys and the trackpad aren't a big of a deal for me, since they are not needful and I much prefer a mouse over a trackpad.

    The Logitech Folio Touch is the best one overall. Build quality, materials, row of function keys and price are all positives, but I really don't like the kickstand and the fact that it's not magnetic, but you have to stick in the iPad and pull it out all the time gives me the awful feeling of bending it.

    Guys/Owners, be as sincere as you can, I'll leave it up to you!

    submitted by /u/kareem164
    [link] [comments]

    Question about delivery

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    So I had ordered a Pro on September 16th, and expects delivery is between Oct 8-15. The order is still under "processing" status.

    Can I expect it to be possibly delivered this weekend? Or do I have to wait until Monday (the next week day) for the status to even change?

    submitted by /u/thervssian
    [link] [comments]

    Five Useful Features We'd Like to See Added to iPadOS

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    Note-taking process. How would you describe it figuratively (or not) in a couple of sentences?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I am used to working with some tools related to note-taking (MarginNote, for instance). Today a flash of inspiration has come to my mind while I was making some notes -- this process is quite similar to selecting clothes in a wardrobe. So to say, you have a pile of socks in one drawer, a pile of trousers in the other, and so on. Everything is in order.

    submitted by /u/YuliSer
    [link] [comments]

    Air 3 users, are you upgrading to the Air 4?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Is anyone who owns an Air 3 contemplating upgrading to an Air 4 and/or a Pro 11"? Love to hear your thoughts on whether or not you plan on upgrading.

    submitted by /u/probably_green
    [link] [comments]

    How's the performance of iOS 14 on the iPad Mini 4?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    My iPad Mini 4 is still going strong after about 5 years. It's currently running iPadOS 13.7. Just wondering if I should run the software update. Anyone out there running iPadOS 14 on the Mini 4? How is the performance? As it is getting to be an older device, I'm worried that installing the latest operating system will slow it down.

    submitted by /u/GVJoe
    [link] [comments]

    [Urgent] Buying an Ipad pro 11inch pro 1st gen 256GB tomorrow, need some advice

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hello r/ipad.

    I am so close to completing the circle of the apple circle jerk with watch, phone, earphone, TV, macbook. Lastly it comes down to Ipad.

    Originally, I was waiting for the ipad air 4, but this person came up out of nowhere, started selling his ipad pro 256gb 1st gen at a reasonable price, and I was able to bring it down to the price I want.

    It has apple care til 2022, Jan. All the goodies; well except he doesnt have a box. Just a solid deal than buying ipad air 4.

    Prior to purchase ( I will be meeting him tomorrow in 12 hours from now ), I checked the serial number ( its wifi model) its good on the apple website. and the pictures of the device he sent me looks to be good.

    I have never bought an apple product like this, always from the apple store with the people in blue t-shirt.

    I dont like the feeling of handing over $$$ and owning a brick after. He said he deleted the device from the icloud and did the factory reset. Am I supposed to believe that the device is deleted? take his word for it? Is there a way for me to check the device is indeed deleted from his icloud account?

    I want to make the device mine as soon as I start using it. So if I loginto my icloud there, does that mean the device is mine now? and I wont have to worry about getting locked out randomly? also he has applecare, and im geussing that applecare is bound to the device rather than the person who bought it right?

    are there any other extra care I should be aware of before I go ahead with this deal?

    submitted by /u/otherwise_president
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any usb-C hub adapters that you would recommend?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    I would like one for flashdrives, microSD cards, ethernet, hdmi, and 3.5mm port. But it also needs to work well with the Logitech Folio Touch for iPad Pro 11"

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you doing social media marketing and business management from your iPads, what apps would you recommend and why?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    I just got a job in SMM and will be managing social media for 4-8 clients a month for a months time each.

    I need ways of staying on task and being able to communicate better with my boss and my own team, make plans, schedules, etc.

    Anything other than Apple notes, tasks, and calendar please

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    I actually really like the Smart Keyboard Folio... Anyone else, or is the Magic Keyboard the one true keyboard?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    Nearly every single review and video on YouTube has come to the same conclusion: the Magic Keyboard is the one true keyboard companion for the iPad Pro, and the Smart Keyboard Folio is just okay at best, and a dumpster fire at worst.

    I just couldn't stomach the price of the MK, so I cheaped out and got a Logitech Keys-to-Go. My fiancée has had a black one for years for her iPad (2017). I got a blue one on sale from Best Buy online. It arrived and I immediately hated it. It is soooo slippery. It does not have the grippy texture that my fiancee's has. I gave it a week and I still could not type at all on it. So back it went.

    I then tried the MK. It is a dream to type on and I love the trackpad. It was so tempting. Then I realized it doesn't fold flat. And the price was just beyond what I was willing to pay - $424CAD!

    On a whim, I tried the SKF. I expected to hate it, but I was immediately impressed by the build quality. I started typing and, lo and behold, I could actually type decently right away. I bought it and after several days I am happy to report that I really, really like it.

    I hate that there is no escape key, and the keys should be slightly bigger, but after trying a bunch of keyboards, I can honestly say that I enjoy this one and I'm glad I got it. I feel much more productive and, when combined with the Apple Pencil 2, I'm loving some of my new workflows.

    submitted by /u/fadetowhite
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel