• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    iPad I’ve found an Apple Pencil on the floor outside my house

    iPad I’ve found an Apple Pencil on the floor outside my house


    I’ve found an Apple Pencil on the floor outside my house

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Is there any way to re unite it with the owner? I've phoned the school up the road and they haven't had anyone report it missing - there's a uni down the road but out of 25000 students I would have no idea how to find who's it is.

    Any suggestions are welcomed.

    submitted by /u/JoDohornf
    [link] [comments]

    4K/2160p is back for me on YT - anyone else?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    iPad Air Shipments Arriving at Apple Stores Ahead of Launch

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I think this really shows how imminent is iPad Air launch (MediaWorld, Italy)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    What can I do with my new Apple Pencil while I wait for the new iPad Air to be released?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I bought an Apple Pencil in late September in anticipation of the new iPad Air. While I wait, I'm wondering what I can use the pencil for in the meantime.

    A few ideas I've had so far:

    • Use it as a refrigerator magnet. Most of my fridge magnets are getting old, and I need something to hold up my drawings

    • Use it to paint. I can use it as sort of an acrylic paintbrush to create some interesting textures

    • Use it to pin up my hair. My hair is nowhere near long enough right now, but I figure by the time Apple finally releases the new Air it should be long enough to pin up

    What are some of y'all's ideas?

    submitted by /u/MillionDollarBooty
    [link] [comments]

    iPad display issue fixed by... turning on reduce white point

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I did a Linus to my iPad 6th Gen recently, and the display started freaking out, whites were turning into purple, screen started freaking out with lines flashing across the display, I thought it was a goner, so I wrote it off and upgraded to the 8. What it looked like after the drop.

    I was faffing around today and noticed something. The colors went back to normal when there was a gray overlay (i.e. home screen menus). So I turned on reduce white point. Blam. It works.

    Hopefully, this will save other people from freaking out and wasting their money, heh.

    submitted by /u/Padgriffin
    [link] [comments]

    What Sort of Case Will Fit an iPad Mini 2019 with Bluetooth Keyboard?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Hi all! Hope you can help me with this query

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    I recently got the iPad Pro 11 inch and Apple Pencil 2, I won't be using the apple pencil often and would rather it be off the device some of the time, does it automatically sleep after a while? Meaning it's okay to just set it down leave it a few days and only be drained 10 percent or whatever and if you turn Bluetooth off your iPad and set the pencil down does it switch off or go to sleep? Many thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/lanky-boi-
    [link] [comments]

    iPad review after using it for a week now

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    I got my first iPad, it is my first Apple device as well, and it cannot replace my laptop for sure. Here is my review for the iPad 2020:

    Best for:

    1. ebook reader and annotations
    2. making notes if you have apple pencil
    3. Education and teaching
    4. security and privacy
    5. creating digital art
    6. video editing
    7. processing speed
    8. has a good quality microphone

    ok-ok:

    1. GUI
    2. multitasking

    Not so good for:

    1. Handling files
    2. Base iPad still has 32 Gb storage!
    3. Confusing and repetitive menus
    submitted by /u/iamkotwala
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 4 Smart Cover?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    As I anxiously wait for this damn thing to drop already, I've been looking for accessories. My question is - why are they not selling smart covers without the back protection (like the smart cover for the iPad 8th gen)? They came out with all these cool colors for the new air, but aren't selling a cover that allows you to see them. Just seems odd.

    Has anyone found a backless cover elsewhere?

    submitted by /u/Thebestbreakfast
    [link] [comments]

    Infuse video player: Is there a way to create a folder within a folder?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    I know it sounds stupid, but it is crucial to me as I have a HUGE Med School folder, within it I have folders for each system, within each system, there are videos for each specific subject.
    I really enjoy the UI of Infuse and I don't want to change the app. That being said, I need to have the right organization for my folders. I tried using Files to create additional folders in Infuse but they show up in Files and don't show up in Infuse app.

    I appreciate your input!

    submitted by /u/Competitive-Focus614
    [link] [comments]

    when 4 gb laptop suck at web browsing how does iPad do it with 3gb of ram?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    they cant optimize desktop webpages, can they?

    submitted by /u/imevilx
    [link] [comments]

    What's a realistic iPad air release date?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    I think apple is likely to release this device simultaneously with or shortly after the new iPhone. Seeing as they have comparable hardware I think apple probably wants people to experience the iPhone before they experience the new iPad.

    submitted by /u/Weekend_metalhead
    [link] [comments]

    Antutu benchmark, impressive performance boost iPadOS 14 (iPad Air 3)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    A hands on look at the Ipad air 4 for everyone like me who are patiently waiting for its release.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I’m typing this from my new 11’ Pro!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    My family celebrated my purchase with me and made it such a wonderful, special day (It's my first major purchase since I've started working). I don't know why I didn't pull the trigger sooner! This is such an incredible piece of technology!

    This 120hz display makes everything feel amazing. The Pencil 2 feels absolutely superb!

    Thank you to everyone who helped me make the right decision! You're all heroes!

    submitted by /u/syndicatesinner
    [link] [comments]

    A week after updating my wife’s iPad Air 2 to iPadOS 14 it went like this. The display settings are fine. Color went inverted.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    How does storage work on iPad?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    I got my first iPad, it is my first Apple device, and it cannot replace my laptop for sure. I've been using the new iPad 2020 for a few days now.

    There are a few things which I don't understand as a 'windows' and an 'android' user.

    Here are a few things which I would like to understand:

    First, how does storage works on this device?

    • I screenshotted, and I can access it on the photos app. However, where can I find it on files app? I know there is an option to 'save to files' but what's the need for it?
    • I created a note in the notes app. I can see an option to "offload" the app which will remove my app but keep its documents. How to find those files/notes in the files (or explorer)?
    • I downloaded 'pdfExpert', and it has its separate storage!. I mean the pdfs are not found locally ('On My iPad') but I know the files are stored locally somewhere.
    • How to view the file size of my note in the notes app? I can see the total storage occupied by all the notes in the settings, but there is no option to view the storage of a single file (or a note in this case).

    A small change I would like Apple to consider: I can annotate my screenshot right after its created, but I cannot annotate it after I open it in the Photos app. To annotate it again I have to move/ copy it to PdfExpert!

    Edit: There is an option to annotate in the photos app. I didn't know that earlier.

    Edit2:

    Basically, I wanted a file access system or explorer, to arrange folders and files but I think the iPad does not have it for the purpose of privacy.

    To access the files from the app storage I need to 'save to files'. And, I think it will only consume more storage space! Rather, it should have an option to access the files directly from the storage. (With the user's permission to maintain privacy.) What do you think?

    submitted by /u/iamkotwala
    [link] [comments]

    No wifi only working intermittently after iPad mini 4 screen repair, any ideas?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Hello, I regularly do ipad mini 4 repairs and on this repair when I opened up the iPad the GPS antenna was damaged.

    I replaced the antenna with another but then the wifi wasn't working.

    I replaced the wifi antenna however after this the wifi is still not working.

    When the GPS antenna (antenna coming out from the top right of the iPad) isn't plugged in, I can turn wifi on and sometimes see networks.

    When the GPS antenna is plugged in, wifi cannot be turned on or off.

    Coax connection looks fine on the board.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/SPRG113
    [link] [comments]

    Performance (Benchmark) Boost with IOS14 (14.0.1)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Charging time of Apple Pencil gen 1 through outlet vs directly into iPad

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    Is there that much of a difference with charging time between these two methods? I'm able to charge the Apple Pencil from 0 to 100 in about 10 min when plugging directly into the iPad but it takes close to 2 hours when I charge it using a wall adapter. Is this normal or is this some kind of defect?

    submitted by /u/ICanSpellSpell
    [link] [comments]

    How much storage does the base system take?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    On a fresh install of iPadOS, how much storage would be used up by the OS and built-in apps?

    E.g. how much room is left for end-user content on a 64GB iPad?

    submitted by /u/MoR7qM
    [link] [comments]

    Can (and how) use Samsung T5 SSD on my 8th gen Ipad ?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Hi !
    I plug the original ligthing - usb c cabel to the ipad and the SSD and nothing happening.

    Can I use my T5 SSD on my 8th Ipad or just Ipad Pro can do that ?

    submitted by /u/gabe_thomas
    [link] [comments]

    Screen damage from writing

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I recently got the (I believe) 6th gen iPad that support Apple Pencil 1. I started writing a lot more on it bc of college and I noticed that when I rest my palm on the screen while writing, I see the screen warping (like the display "liquid" moving or whatever). I am worried that it will damage screen. It's not much, like when people touch your old laptop monitor while pointing at something and it does a very small warp.

    I guess I have a two part question:
    a) Is that normal? I'm sure I need to reduce the pressure a little but I don't know if I can put 0 pressure...
    b) How are some ways you guys write without "bending" the screen? The first adjustment I had to make was not putting too much pressure on the pencil tip (I used my friend's iPad one time and the next day he said he had to change the pencil tip bc I put too much pressure from an angle)

    This question is specifically about the palm, as I have no problems with pressure on the pencil tip. I think I inadvertently apply more pressure than usual with my palm bc I'm trying not to push too hard with the pencil (when I write with a pen on notebooks, sometimes I leave an imprint on a page or two below the current page lol) .

    I'm so worried that I started hovering my palm above the iPad and it kinda hurts my forearm when I write for long and the handwriting becomes garbage and I feel stupid for not taking advantage of palm rejection lmao.

    submitted by /u/iheartjunghwa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel