• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    iPad Abovetek tablet stand. Feels more natural than rotating the canvas in app. 10/10 would recommend

    iPad Abovetek tablet stand. Feels more natural than rotating the canvas in app. 10/10 would recommend


    Abovetek tablet stand. Feels more natural than rotating the canvas in app. 10/10 would recommend

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    I’ve been using my 3rd Gen Air for 10 months and I just noticed it is bent where the smart connectors are and there’s discoloration in some places where the cover doesn’t protect. What to do?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if Apple care+ will cover this? The iPad is functioning completely normal and there is no other damage than the bend.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Is anyone else realizing just how half-baked the mouse support is?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Out of financial necessity, I had to sell my MacBook and I figured this would be a good opportunity to try using the iPad Pro I already had with a Magic Keyboard as my primary computing device. I'm a graphic designer and artist, so I guess I fit the ideal audience for this.

    The iPad Pro is a really cool piece of tech with a lot of potential, but as someone who's very used to a mouse-and-keyboard workflow when I'm not drawing directly on the screen, I still find myself really disappointed by the implementation of the cursor and the way it's being implemented into existing apps by developers.

    Some apps really shine with a mouse, like Vectornator, Twitter, Spotify, Pages, and some others. But a lot of them have glaring flaws. Photoshop doesn't even allow me to pan the canvas with a two-finger gesture, Discord and Slack are completely unoptimized for the size of the display and almost no gestures work, Squarespace is just awful, and Acrobat doesn't even place things like text and checkmarks where I click on a PDF. Entering text in simple forms in Safari is agonizingly slow and I experience something like a 5-second delay when I try to tab through text fields, and file uploading fields don't even work sometimes.

    Every day I spend with this thing amazes and disappoints me at the same time. I have an LTE-connected, super-portable computer that I can draw on and use as both a tablet and a laptop. But support from developers for a real cursor that behaves in a way that a "pro" would expect it to is almost nonexistent, even after almost 7 months. Even Apple doesn't seem to know what they want it to be. I can right-click on a link in Safari or an app on the home screen and get a nice desktop-style drop-down menu with multiple options, but if I right-click on text while I edit it, I get that weird black bar menu with the arrow icons above whatever I've selected that I have to scroll through to find the action that I want. It's so inconsistent.

    I know the iPad is a touch-first device, but I don't even know why mouse and trackpad support were implemented if they were going to be this much of an afterthought, especially with the Apple silicon Macs on their way. Most of the "pro" apps are underdeveloped and disappointing, multitasking is a mess, and iPadOS 14 still has so many unbelievable bugs. Do any of you have suggestions on how to alter your workflow to better fit this device?

    submitted by /u/loveasaconstruct
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my iPhone X have hdr but not the iPad Pro?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I have an 11" 1st gen and I'm a bit surprised it doesn't have hdr. Does the larger screen make it more expensive to implement so they decided to not make it hdr capable? Seems like a weird choice.

    submitted by /u/Geeekus
    [link] [comments]

    Slanted lighting port on my new 8th gen iPad. Has anyone else got a slanted lighting port?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Is anyone else getting these dotted lines?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    iPad Bluetooth connection issue

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    My iPad Air 2 (2016) for some reason won't connect to my headphones Sony Mdr-xb650bt, for example, when I turn on the headphones and Bluetooth on my iPad the headphones won't show up on my iPad, but works with other wireless headphones

    submitted by /u/OctaShelf
    [link] [comments]

    Tasks on Calendar

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Is there a way I can import my tasks on my Reminders to the apple Calendar so that I can see my tasks on a calendar format just like Google Calendar? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Piotr_Iroh
    [link] [comments]

    Mail app notification delay

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    iPad Pro 11 2020 running iPadOS 14.0.1 I have issues with the app Mail. I often need to open the app to receive emails that I should have received earlier. Notifications appear only after I open the app. I did turn on the notification in the setting. Anyone else experienced similar issues?

    submitted by /u/kevin96246
    [link] [comments]

    Is that a bug on ios 14 that my wi-fi keeps desconecting like on every 5 minutes?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Is that a bug on ios 14 that my wi-fi keeps desconecting like every 5 minutes? i have an ipad mini 5th gen with ios 14.0.1, i have no idea if its a hardware or software issue

    submitted by /u/ksolkasx
    [link] [comments]

    iPad e reader mode

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Maybe someones thought about this already, but I wonder if apple could take the tech they used for the always on display in the Apple Watch, where the display refreshes only around once a second, and adapt it to use in a future iPad. So when you're reading ebooks and suchlike, the battery would last much longer.

    submitted by /u/jj162
    [link] [comments]

    Power button Touch ID on the iPad Air 4 was an 'incredible feat'

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone else experience a problem that when you’re writing with the Apple Pencil the line keeps getting cut off, even though u didn’t take the pencil off the screen?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Happens in good notes and Apple notes

    submitted by /u/AnxiousSadGay
    [link] [comments]

    Safari on iPad OS 14.0 crashes all the time.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Anybody else having this problem? I'm on the 2018 iPad and Safari is crashing all the time on Reddit and Discord. It's become unusable. And it sucks that Apple doesn't allow other rendering engines because when this happens, I have no choice but to stop using my iPad.

    submitted by /u/motherofmyself
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro playing a part in Aston Villa 7-2 victory over Liverpool in the EPL

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Looking for an epub reader that I can read fiction and non-fiction books

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I know that it's been asked here a lot but I couldn't find something that fits my criteria.

    I'm looking for an app that I can load my downloaded epubs, read them like a book, horizontally.

    But I also would like in the same app to read non-fiction books that I can highlight text and approach them easily.

    Preferably something that doesn't cost any money.
    And if there is an option to sync to OneDrive it would be great!

    submitted by /u/GalaxyBS
    [link] [comments]

    [iPad 7th gen] The hell happened to my battery? I guess I have to thank iPadOS 14?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Apple executives talk new iPad lineup, Touch ID, and more in interview on ‘Same Brain’ podcast.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Ipad with magic keyboard & battery life

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Hi, I would like to know what is the imact on the battery drain (as %) when the backlight is turned off and the ipad is connected to the magic kyboard. I know the answer can vary a lot based on what you do. But i am interested in what the amount of battery it caused you.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DavidMulroy
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished iPad page doesn't have any listings. Are they determining what to sell refurbished given new iPads being launched?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    What do you guys do with ebook highlights?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I currently use Libby for borrowing and reading ebooks from the library. I highlight passages I like and want to look back at, especially for informational books. However I'm not really sure what to do with the highlights to make them easier to access in the future, tbh I'm not even sure if I can access the highlights once the book is returned. I know you can export highlights as a table/spreadsheet/data file but is there anything I can do with them? Is there some kind of app that I can import them to that'll organize them for me? I use Goodnotes for notetaking and I would love to keep a notebook with the highlights, but I don't really want to do it manually if I don't have to.

    What do you guys do with the passages you highlight in ebooks?

    submitted by /u/QueenMackeral
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel