• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Apple Watch Ditched my Fitbit for my first Apple watch series 5 stormtrooper edition 😝

    Apple Watch Ditched my Fitbit for my first Apple watch series 5 stormtrooper edition ��


    Ditched my Fitbit for my first Apple watch series 5 stormtrooper edition ��

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Battery life on the series 6 has been great. Went from Friday morning to Sunday morning without a charge. Still had 14%. As a first time Apple Watch user I’m very impressed.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    It’d be great to show the battery status of the connected iPhone as well

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Finally a watch face, apart from infographic, that I actually like.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Series 6 aluminium - It’s such a handsome watch

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    From S0 to SE

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Got way too drunk with the wife last night. ��

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Love this aftermarket band on my 40mm Steel Series 5

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    My heart health has improved massively since buying an Apple Watch a few years ago, such a great thing to see my progress so far! I never used to be below 60bpm during sleep.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    I'm a blind Paralympic swimmer and I recently began using the Apple Watch. Impressions inside.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Why I got the Apple Watch

    My name is Ross Minor and I currently train at the Olympic and Paralympic Training Center. At the OPTC, all of the swimmers are given free Whoop bands to track our activity data. The problem is, these Whoop bands, no matter how much they say it's "state of the art", are not even accessible with Voiceover on IOS. This means that all of my data was being tracked, but I was unable to see or learn from any of it. I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the Series 6 and give it a go; because if there's anything that Apple has a reputation for amongst the blind community, it's their accessibility. Below I have listed pros and cons, but I'm sure as the discussion starts, there will be a few that I missed. I am going to update the list, in case a future blind athlete or swimmer is able to find this. If you would like to watch me unboxing my Series 6, you can check it out here on my Youtube.

    Thoughts

    I've been using the watch for a little less than a month, but I'm already loving it. Before, I hated tracking my data with the Whoop, but that was because I wasn't learning anything from it.

    Pros

    • Accessible on all fronts!

    • Quick and easy to start or stop a workout.

    • Speaker is loud enough that I can still hear Voiceover, even if there's water in the speaker.

    • Battery lasts forever and charging is quick. I'm able to save a bunch of battery by turning on screen curtain with Voiceover and turning off always on display.

    • Breathe. I use to think this was silly, but then I began thinking about how much in the day I'm going and going. Breathe has really helped me from stressing myself out.

    • The sleep app is great. I know there are better third party apps that I have yet to try, but I suffer from a sleep disorder called non-24. Having a sleep schedule that reminds me to head to bed at a reasonable time helps me maintain my sleep cycle.

    • Vibrating time. I absolutely love how this works in the pool, even when you're in the middle of a workout.

    • Ping iPhone. Do I need to even say why? I lose my phone all the time, but now I have my watch to ping it so I am able to find it.

    Cons

    • The Apple Watch does not track kick sets in the pool. I got an ear infection a couple days ago, and therefore did an entire practice only kick. It tracked my heartrate and calories perfectly, but it only said I swam 150 meters.

    • Activities rings need a schedule, similar to the sleep app. I train 20 hours a week, 6 days a week. Sunday is the only time I have to relax, but when my Apple Watch wants to set my movement goal to 1000 a day, it's not realistic to burn that much on my off day. This is probably my biggest issue with the watch.

    • I really wish there were more functionality built into the workout app when working out. For example, I would like to be able to start and stop a stopwatch, but I can't do that unless I pause the workout and take my watch off of water lock.

    • I found that it has been difficult to tell when the workout has been paused by pressing the crown and side button. Most times it vibrates, but sometimes it doesn't. Furthermore, there should be a different vibration for pause, and a different vibration for resume.

    submitted by /u/Nighthawk321
    [link] [comments]

    Blue S6 w/ Plum Sport Loop matches perfectly with my water bottle. Original delivery set for Nov. 4, picked it up yesterday @ the Apple Store.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Had worse Mondays! S3 > S6!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    My first: SBSS S4

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    44mm space black titanium with Inverness green braided band.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Anyone who went from the Series 4 to Series 6, how are you feeling about the purchase?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I considered upgrading to the S6 from my S4 solely for the blood oxygen sensor alone (despite how unimportant some may consider it, I'm a hypochondriac living during a global pandemic) with the added benefit of the always-on display and I was also planning to buy a new watch band anyway so technically included with the watch since you have to get a watch with a band.

    However, I can get a blood oxygen sensor online for $20, move my wrist up to activate the display (which is only inconvenient like 1% of the time), and buy the $50 band from Apple, so a whopping ~$360 saved this way. Now I can afford it either way, but $360 saved is $360 regardless. With that in mind, I'm just curious if anyone going from a S4 to a S6 feels completely justified with the purchase, and for what reason.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/LethalCS
    [link] [comments]

    Cellular Version without activation?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Can I get a cellular plan capable Apple Watch 6 and use it regularly without adding the plan at first? Something I want down the road but don't need at the moment.

    submitted by /u/Bl00dFarts
    [link] [comments]

    Aliexpress Solo Loops and Leatherlink

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    This battery life is amazing!!! I turned background app refresh off for certain apps. Used it all day while at work 6am-2pm and still have 70% left happy customer!!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Distinguish Alerts without Looking at Watch?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    One reason I purchased the Watch was to be able to identify the type of notification solely by a haptic or a quiet sound on my wrist. After lots of research, it appears there is no option to customize the notification sound or the haptics on the Watch. This is surprising, but I am hoping there is another workaround?

    I presently have notification sounds on for emails and off for texts, but are there better ways to distinguish? Maybe third party apps or something I'm not considering? I'd be grateful for recommendations!

    Apple Watch 6; watchOS 7.0.2

    submitted by /u/gobeniubi
    [link] [comments]

    Watch app icon now has a solo loop band

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    Strength Training and HR

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Thinking about getting an Apple Watch, but I'm curious about everyone's experience during strength training workouts. How is the Heart Rate Monitor? Has anyone compared it to something like the Polar H10 during strength workout to see how they compare? I've had a lot of trouble with wrist hr trackers during weightlifting in the past being accurate.

    submitted by /u/Byuceltic
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me why my data sources are duplicated, and how to fix this?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel