• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Apple Macbook this happened to my screen out of nowhere. what do i do?

    Apple Macbook this happened to my screen out of nowhere. what do i do?


    this happened to my screen out of nowhere. what do i do?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I have reset and wiped my Mac. Once you get this screen there is no way you can get old information right? It is now a brand new no info on the software? I am selling it and just want to make sure.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    defunct display on macbook pro 2019

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    I purchased a brand new Macbook Pro earlier this year (around June?). I've never once dropped it. Tonight I had opened the laptop to find a chip at the bottom corner of the display screen. Then, it wouldn't turn on at all, no matter how many times I tried to reboot it.

    I've tried everything from pressing and repressing the power button to experimenting with various keyboard commands.

    The only indications of "life" in my laptop are: (1) the chime that it makes when it connects with my charger; (2) the momentary flashes of the touchscreen icons (volume, brightness, etc.); (3) when I plug it into an external display monitor, my desktop wallpaper will appear with literally nothing else no matter what I try.

    I am sure no one has touched it, and I've been EXTREMELY careful in handling it.

    Please help! I've been so unlucky with apple products and my livelihood literally depends on these computers to function :(

    submitted by /u/amyreadit
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2009 Macbook won't boot to recovery mode and has no recovery drive. Need some help formatting the drive to start fresh.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I have never used a mac before so bare with me. I got this laptop from my grandma. I was gonna use it for browsing the web, writing/homework and possibly garageband but that isn't really important.

    It's a core 2 duo 13 inch from late 2009. Won't boot into recovery mode with command+R or option+command+R. When I check disk utility it shows the 250 GB drive and "Untitled" as the partition/drive underneath it. When I check "Startup Disk" it only shows the untitled drive as well.

    Is it possible to format this computer and get a fresh start? If so, what would be the possible steps to achieve this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/erikexploited
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 17 Battery Total Capacity

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    I was lurking and trying to find information about this but thought I'd try to get some help.

    - Last year the keyboard wasn't working and was under warranty, so they replaced my battery and keyboard at the Genius bar. I just recently started noticing the battery wasn't lasting long, and was wondering if my full charge capacity was much lower than others with a similar model?

    Should the charge capacity be higher?

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

    2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

    Charge Information:

    Charge Remaining (mAh): 3282

    Fully Charged: No

    Charging: No

    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4434

    Health Information:

    Cycle Count: 145

    Condition: Normal

    Battery Installed: Yes

    Amperage (mA): -449

    Voltage (mV): 12011

    submitted by /u/EyreChandler
    [link] [comments]

    Mac book Air 2017 slow reinstalling OS

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    I'm trying to reinstall the OS, but it's real slow and telling me it's going to take 14 hours. I did format the drive hoping it would go faster with no luck:( Is their anyway to help speed it up?

    submitted by /u/ziggy88
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone exchange new Macbook Pro for Air? I just bought new Pro, hate the touch bar.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I just bought a new Macbook Pro (32gb ram, i7 processor). After the first few days of using it I've come to realize that I really hate the touch bar. It's useless and creates more problems than it solves. I want a normal keyboard again. Since Apple does not give us the option to buy a new Pro with a regular keyboard, I'm forced to consider an Air with basically half the performance power as the Pro. Has anyone else "downgraded" from a new Pro to a new Air? You like it?

    submitted by /u/QnAversions
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook has a short in the motherboard

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Does anyone know what could've caused this cause one day I went to open my mac it doesn't want to turn on and then doesn't even want to charge took it to a repair shop that's where they told me that I had a short in my macbook does apple by chance have any warranty on this or am indefinitely screwed

    submitted by /u/Drbean01
    [link] [comments]

    I can't set up my Apple Watch with my MacBook Pro

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I'm running out of ideas with this one. Before I start to explain my problem: I'm using a brand new Apple Watch SE, an iPhone 8 and a 2018 13" MacBook Pro in case that's relevant.

    I want to use my Watch to unlock my Mac, because that's pretty amazing, but I can't set it up.My Mac always greets me with this error message. (It's in German)

    I have literally checked and followed every single step that is recommended in this thread and it still doesn't work. I resigned in with my Apple ID on my Mac and iCloud-Keychain are enabled on all devices. SMC and PRAM Resets already done (although I don't know why that should have helped).

    Does anybody have a similar issue or knows how to solve this?I can't contact Apple Support because as soon as your warranty runs out they treat you like a stranger.

    Thanks guys

    Update: Contacted Apple Support, they said numerous people are reporting this issue at the moment, will probably be fixed with next update.

    submitted by /u/seba_0502
    [link] [comments]

    Can the base model macbook air 2020 handle using Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator synchronously?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    I am looking into buying a base model MacBook air 2020 mostly for casual usage, schoolwork and graphic design. I've been reading and watching reviews about the mba 2020 but haven't found a lot pertaining to the use of Adobe apps. I'm pretty concerned about the thermal issues especially when running a few tabs in chrome and doing zoom calls. I'm also worried that if a laptop heats up often, it might affect its battery and performance negatively in the long run. For my usage, I like to multitask by having a browser on with a few tabs and doing work on PhotoShop + Illustrator. I also have zoom calls everyday for classes and work so I like to have the zoom app open + a browser. I really don't want to shell out more than a thousand dollars for a laptop, hence I'm looking into MBA rather than a Pro since I don't have a stable income yet. Not exactly looking into windows laptop since I have an iPad and having it in sync with my laptop would be more convenient for me as a designer.

    So I was wondering, is a mba 2020 base model worth it for doing school work + graphic design? Can it really last me years even with extensive use of Adobe apps?

    submitted by /u/BlairWaldwarf
    [link] [comments]

    [Question/Help] Macbook book pro mid 2012 logic board replacement

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I have a old macbook pro 15 mid 2012 - 2.6ghz non retina lyind around (non working).
    A local mac shop told me he will replace the logic board with a same specs refurbished board in decent price - Only catch is graphic chip will be disable - according to him only difference i will feel is that brightness cant be controlled from keyboard. Everything else will be same.
    Should i replace it? Is he right about the graphic card thing?

    submitted by /u/mrflyod
    [link] [comments]

    256G + icloud vs 512G?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about replacing my macbook pro mid 2012 13' non-retina (2.5GHz intel i5 8G memory) to the 2020 macbook air i5 256G + icloud or 512G.

    I won't be using any heavy tools, probably just some Microsoft Words, pages, possibly some light Adobe, since I'm starting my master's on art theories and I'll start my intern sooner or later. And I'm wondering if i3 (the base model) is enough or should i upgrade it to i5 just in case, for the future? But some also told me i5 is already too heavy for macbook air to handle, since any programs that require such processor will eventually heat it up.

    Storage wise, i definitely need more than 256G, so I'm thinking about 256G + purchasing additional icloud storage, or just go for 512G. Since I have an ipad and iphone, and also I'm thinking about using my current 2012 pro as a desktop, so I thought icloud would be a good option + i get to save the extra 200$. But then some told me that always uploading files to icloud to secure enough storage for the occasional software upgrade can be quite a hassle.

    I want to make sure that I get the right configuration because I thought 2013 macbook pro wasn't the right fit for me. I thought I would seriously get into AutoCAD (which i didn't) and the 4-5lb was too heavy for me which is exactly the biggest reason I want to replace my macbook pro. And, I need it to last for several years, at least until I get a job after my graduation. sorry if i'm under the wrong sub

    submitted by /u/missingidentity00
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly slow. new MacBook Air 2020

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I got MacBook Air 2 month ago and it was working perfect. But now every few days when I use safari or chrome (not together) it goes super slow, super loud and hot. And I mean, 2 tabs, lie Facebook and gmail only are open. It is so slow I can't change tab, open command, only it is loading. Finally it crashes. It goes ok after few Mac reboots and comes back after 3-4 days. Any ideas what is happening?

    Edit: I tried clearing cache and didn't help

    submitted by /u/patihato
    [link] [comments]

    Entered the wrong password for my MacBook and now when I power it on it comes straight to this symbol not letting me do anything. Any ideas what to do?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    When do you think will the ARM macbooks be reliable enough to get them?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    I have read from forums all around the internet that being a first adopter for the ARM Macs would not be a good decision. After how many years do you think will it take for the transition to mature enough so that buying an ARM mac would be a good decision?

    submitted by /u/biadelatrixyaska
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air constantly shutting down

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    My MacBook Air 13 Inch (early 2015) always shuts down whilst I'm using it. Then when I turn it back on it will shut down whilst logging in my user account.

    Also, it will often fail to wake from sleep, which makes me think it has crashed/shut down whilst sleeping. Only sometimes will I get a 'sleep wake failure' crash report.

    I have noticed that my MacBook never does this whilst plugged into power, only when it is on battery power. This leads me to believe it's a problem with the battery.

    I have done a SMC reset and PRAM reset. I have also performed the 'first aid' function on the hard disk, as well as reinstalling MacOS.

    If anyone could offer any advice then that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ironmanchester1
    [link] [comments]

    "An error occurred during authentication" on iMessage and FaceTime on Macbook Pro

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    For some reason my Macbook Pro (2019 with Touch Bar) signed me out of iMessage and FaceTime. I've tried logging back in with my Apple ID into both but I keep getting the error prompt "An error has occured during authentication". I've went to the local iSpot (Apple reseller in Poland), but they said they can't do anything. I've used my apple ID and still managed to log into icloud.com and appleid.apple.com.

    iMessage and Facetime work fine on my iPhone X, it's just on my Macbook that it does not work.

    Does anyone know what I can do?

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/filiple2004
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 12inch issue

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Hi! So I have a MacBook 12inch (2017) with 8Gb of ram that i bought when i was in college. I really liked it because of its portability. I used it to work and since last year to record with Logic Pro X. (I use my synths on usb, guitars and some vst) Recently the battery died in just 2 years and half (with 449 cycles). I took it to the Genius Bar and the guy told me that it was normal because the MacBook heat up when he is charging and when I do long session of Logic Pro it can burn the battery cells. He even told me that he was surprised that the motherboard is still functional. Apparently, this issue could be the same with any portable device.

    I can repair it for 209€. But I know the problem will reappear in 2 or 3 years. I really don't know what to do, because this MacBook isn't that old (I have it for 2years and half)... do you guys have any advice?

    submitted by /u/djiimm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel