• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    Apple Macbook Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a mid 2009 13’ that i maxed out on ram and installed a new sandisk ssd on. It still can handle basically web browsing like twitter or reddit and regularly reaches 102 degrees and starts stuttering when just watching youtube. Advice?

    Apple Macbook Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a mid 2009 13’ that i maxed out on ram and installed a new sandisk ssd on. It still can handle basically web browsing like twitter or reddit and regularly reaches 102 degrees and starts stuttering when just watching youtube. Advice?


    Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a mid 2009 13’ that i maxed out on ram and installed a new sandisk ssd on. It still can handle basically web browsing like twitter or reddit and regularly reaches 102 degrees and starts stuttering when just watching youtube. Advice?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 13', 2012. Lagging but activity monitor seems ok?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    What time machine wireless backup destination would you recommend?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    What time machine wireless backup destination would you recommend? I can't seem to find the time capsule on the apple shops, is it going to be replaced with something else?

    submitted by /u/vaidab
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of “SocratesResults” extension virus. I have to remove it everyday from my chrome. Is there any way to remove it forever?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    MacBook Air SSD replacement

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    So, my MacBook Air (Early 2015) stopped working, I gave it to an independent repair centre for diagnosis and they told me that the drive stopped working. Looking at the Disk Utility on the Recovery I can't see anything but 2GB reserved for that recovery.

    I bought ADATA XPG SX8200 and an adapter for that Apple's connector. I mounted it, but... Disk Utility ain't see it.

    Any ideas what's wrong?

    submitted by /u/joyemoji
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped Water on MacBook Pro (2018) - I have some questions

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    I dropped about half a glass of water on my keyboard. I was quick to react and removed the power cord right away and also seemed like it stayed on top of the keyboard and not in the vent holes. I then cleaned the water and lightly dabbed to remove any water in the keys. I thought I powered off but I guess I didn't because even though it's been in a V formation upside down, I saw that the screen was on. I sent to power it down and it did a bright flash and turned off. Does anybody know what the bright flash is before it goes black? It happened twice.

    submitted by /u/vincethemagician
    [link] [comments]

    2013 Macbook pro 15inch bluetooth not working

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    My MBP15 2013 model's keyboard and track pad stopped working suddenly. When I showed to apple service center they said there is some issue in mother board which needs to be replaced. The estimate was too high and i finally purchased a new one which was anyways due. But now i am seeing that the bluetooth is also not working. Is it Cuz of same keyboard and track pad problem? I tried all hacks for BT available on internet. Ram resetting, plist delete etc Any other way around? Right now i am using the old mbp as a backup machine with wired keyboard and mouse. But want to use magic keyboard and mouse. Help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/viralchopra
    [link] [comments]

    Cases

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Looking for a MacBook Pro 16 inch case that's slim and allows space for any flush mounted type c hub. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Neil_P_
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13" 2017 with touchbar for programming/coding?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Is the Macbook Pro 13" 2017 with touchbar (i5, 8GB RAM) good for programming/coding?

    submitted by /u/victorhopewave
    [link] [comments]

    hi, so i dropped my 2018 macbook air and the space bar is broken and no longer attached. i'm looking for replacement parts so i don't have to pay $700 to get it fixed and i cant find a part i'm looking for. is anyone able to tell me what part this is (the silicone thing w the black dot)? thanks :)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    How Do I Revert/Remove A Bootcamp?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys! So, I Bootcamped my Macbook Air about 2 weeks ago to complete a specific game I never got to finish and well, now that that's done, I need to go back to my home sweet home of MacOS. Thing is, I don't know how to do that/if it can be done at all? I keep trying to open the Bootcamp app with the grey square shaped icon and it won't open at all, and every guide I've read tells me to run MacOS and work from there but I don't know how to run MacOS on a computer that now has a Windows system.

    Does anyone have any resources/advice on my dilemma? I would love to hear what you guys have to say! As always, have the best day!

    submitted by /u/SoleDivinity
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for switch/hub with USB-C and USB-A for Macbook + PC Desktop setup

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Looking for a cost-efficient way to use my desktop setup with my Macbook Pro. I have a tower PC that I want to share the same peripherals and displays. Currently I only have one monitor but plan on adding a 2nd one so want to plan for that. In the meantime, I want to be able to use my standalone monitor as a 2nd display for the MBP.

     

    A high-quality, do-it-all KVM switch would be very expensive it seems, so I figured I can live with some extra wires/hubs as long as I don't have to unplug/plug everything every time. So instead, a regular USB switch to share peripherals, A portable USB-C hub for the MBP to use at home and away, and a display adapter for MBP to output full 2x 4K@60Hz. Should leave me with just 2 things plugged into my MBP when using at my desk.

     

    Here is a diagram that shows all my devices/needs.

     

    I circled the 3 devices I am looking for:

    1. USB Switch:

      • 2x Hosts
      • 4x USB inputs
      • 10Gbps
      • USB-C for Apple DAC
    2. Portable USB-C or TB3 Hub:

      • USB-A inputs
      • USB-C inputs
      • Power passthrough 85W+
      • HDMI 2.0 4K@30Hz+
      • "Extend" display as well as display mirroring
    3. Thunderbolt3 Display Adapter:

      • Macbook USB-C/Thunderbolt3 --> 2x HDMI 2.0 4K@60Hz
      • "Extend" display as well as display mirroring

     

    Questions/Concerns:

    • Need a portable hub anyways and I can make do with that at home to save $$$. Ideally I would just need to plug in one USB cable (from "switch") and power to this hub when "docking" (Plug in HDMI to separate device/dongle for 4K@60Hz)
    • Doesn't seem like any portable USB-C/TB3 hubs for the MBP actually output 2x 4K@60Hz AND provide the other inputs?
    • The USB hubs that are limited to 4K@30Hz, can they do both mirroring and 2nd/extended display?
    • Is there any USB switch that exists that can support the Apple USB-C Digital-Analog-Converter?
    • My diagram shows that none of the "ejectable" devices (phones, external HDDs) using the "USB switch". My understanding was these types of devices only work smoothly with more expensive KVM switches that offer DDM. Is that correct?

     

    I am not dead set on my approach and open to any/all suggestions. It'd be great to just get a Level1Techs KVM and add a Calidigit TS3+ but thats almost $1000. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tejman
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Default Mac App’s Icons

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Changing Default Mac App's Icons

    I am currently in the process of changing around all my Mac Icons, and i have realised that when i go to change the icon of a default MacOS App (eg. Apple Music, Preview, Apple TV, etc.) I cannot change the icon. I have tried most methods i know for changing app icons but just can't manage to figure it out. Anyone know how to change them? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jxckco
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Audio Input Issues

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    As the title says, whenever I'm connected to headphones through Bluetooth (either my AirPods or my Beats), my audio input ends sounding very choppy, kind of like the Terminator. I didn't even know I had this issue until I tried to talk during one of my Zoom classes. This issue is also present when I'm FaceTiming and every situation where my mic is needed. I tried updating my Macbook to the latest software but that didn't change anything. I tried to forget my devices and reconnect them but the problem was still present so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/mubzies
    [link] [comments]

    Best external drive for Macbook Pro 2019?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro 2019.
    Want to do a backup to an external drive of all my files sinceI have low storage space in it.
    I've been looking around and there are many external drivers that say they can only be used on windows and others that are mac compatible.
    Have no idea what to buy...

    Can you guys advise me for a good external drive?

    What is the best external drive for Macs?
    Thanks

    submitted by /u/josepedro07
    [link] [comments]

    It doesn't show the new macOS catalina 10.15.7 so I can install and my cursor keeps freezing for 10-20 seconds when I open the laptop. Yesterday I restarted but it's still the same. What can I do?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    How well does League run on the Air?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I´m currently on the market for a new notebook and I´ve been thinking about getting a Macbook Air since I use MacOS at work anyway and I´m quite used to it. The only thing I worry about is that I play league of legends from time to time. I am currently playing it on a windows machine with 4gb of Ram and a M3 CPU, so considering the specs it shouldn´t be an issue. I´ve heard that the 2020 Air throttles pretty fast when hitting high temperatures. Does anyone play LoL on the 2020 Air and can share their experience? (Low-Medium setting, constant 60fps would be great)

    submitted by /u/Nyu251
    [link] [comments]

    I'm planning to start the iOS development course on Udemy (Dr. Angela Yu). I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash storage. Will it be sufficient?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Should I get the base model MacBook Air with i3 dual core or the i5 or base model MacBook Pro with i5?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I'm a student and I'm going to use it primarily for virtual learning, taking notes, doing homework etc. Will the base model i3 suffice for my needs? I'm thinking of going for the i5 model but I've seen a lot of thermal issues with the MacBook Air. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/harold_liang
    [link] [comments]

    A warning for people looking to purchase a macbook, my story.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    My advice: DON'T PURCHASE MACBOOK PRO 2016 - 2017

    I have to start off by saying that Apple Support has helped me tremendously this past year, but I can't help but feel disappointed by some current policies that made the experience so much worse. I have owned many apple products, but none have given me such a headache as my MacBook Pro 2016.

    The first problem with my MacBook happed only after two years of being purchased, when its battery lifespan became an issue. And after three years, the Mac was almost inoperable without being plugged in.

    It surprised me that my new computer had this problem, when my last MacBook's battery lasted me a good five years before showing any issues (which were never this bad).

    However, after some research, I discovered that many MacBooks just like mine were presenting a similar issue and that Apple had created a recall program for the battery. I promptly went to my authorized apple support store and got my battery and top case replace for no cost or hustle, everything happened quickly and smoothly.

    The moment I left the store with my repaired computer, there was a new issue, the backlight was dimming. Looking back, it frustrates me that the technical team saw this issue and decided to not notify me or apple about it. Two months after the initial repair, my screen went black.

    I was convinced that it had to had something to do with the repair, as the computer showed no signs of this problem before, so I contacted Apple. Then I began an almost five-month journey trying to prove to Apple that I had the backlight problem (which they also had a recall program for). They kept directing me to authorized stores for a diagnostic checkup, but due to the pandemic, they were all closed.

    I spent all five months of quarantine having to watch classes plugged in to my TV, I even purchased a wireless keyboard.

    Finally, after speaking with a kind man named Pablo, he helped me build my case and authorized a month warranty to fix my screen. This process had not been a part of the recall program, as my computer's screen was completely dark (not what typically happens with the blacklight problem). This was what made the process so much harder, but I had documented the issue earlier (THANKFULLY) which clearly proved that it had this specific backlight problem originally.

    I thought that my computer problems would be over, taken that my top case and battery had been replaced in February and my screen was replaced in August, but it seems that MacBooks become worse after every service.

    Conveniently, during this exam's week, my MacBook stopped charging. It seemed to be a problem with my top case (WHICH IS BRAND NEW) and the input slot, the battery icon would show as if the Mac was charging even if there was no cable connected to it, and when I actually connected the charger, it would take a few minutes for it to recognize it.

    I went to my authorized support store yesterday, when the computer was turned on and charging, they informed me that the month warranty was only extended to the parts that were repaired (understandable) and that this issue would have to be paid for. It got worse this morning (not even a full month after its last repair) when I plugged it to my charger the night before and it didn't charge. Leaving me with no computer and an exam this afternoon.

    I guess what frustrated me after this whole process is the lack of quality control on behalf of Apple's side. I've never had an apple product this problematic, and this includes brand new parts that are now showing issue. The warranty for the repair part should be a year as they are for any new MacBook. I don't have money to pay for the repair and will continue to go about my classes on my phone.

    I am disappointed in apple, for showing me that their products are not what they used to be. I am also scared to pay the huge amount of money for this repair, for it to continue to break and for it to be pinned on me.

    My advice: DON'T PURCHASE MACBOOK PRO 2016 - 2017

    submitted by /u/sigmundbrat
    [link] [comments]

    White spots all over MacBook Pro. Any idea what they are and/or what causes them?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    Why is Macbook’s cooling system / fans so loud and bad?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    Hello! I love Apple products. I've had an XR for a year and now the 11 Pro for a few months. Absolutely amazing in every aspect and definitely worth the money. BUT, I've also had an Macbook Air 2020 for a month and it was already delivered with a broken fan. I then found out that the cooling system in the Air 2020 is a complete failure and decided to trade it for a 13' Pro 2020. It's the very basic model because all I need is Word, Safari and Youtube. I've had no issues with it until yesterday when I noticed that it sounded like it was about to take off. I had it next to me on my couch and I was playing music while playing a game on my Switch. The blanket must have blocked the ventilation system because now it's all good. But... I just wonder. I've had very cheap laptops in the past. One for 300$ and one for 500$. I've done the exact same thing with them (bed, couch, blanket) and I have barely ever heard their fans. Both laptops still work amazing and my parents use them now. My 1400$ Thinkpad has also been on my couch for months with Youtube on and it also did just fine. Now I'm really wondering - why do Macbooks have such problems with their cooling system? Yes, it's officially not recommended to put Apple laptops anywhere but tables but I really have to wonder why the design of Macbooks specifically seems so bad in this aspect? Don't get ne wrong , other than that the Macbook works flawlessly for me.

    submitted by /u/bbyghul
    [link] [comments]

    Apple haven’t taken payment for macbook yet, have charged £159 for the ‘free’ airpods

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Ordered a MBA, with student discount. Was charged £159 for the free airpods which came the next day, however I haven't been charged for the macbook. Is the £159 for the 'free' airpods just insurance to make sure I don't cancel the order after getting the airpods. If so, will i be charged 900-159 when the money for the macbook comes out

    submitted by /u/Mazzaleennn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel