• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Apple Help Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a Macbook pro 13’ mid 2009 that i max out on ram and put in a new san disk ssd

    Apple Help Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a Macbook pro 13’ mid 2009 that i max out on ram and put in a new san disk ssd


    Macbook is struggling with basic tasks. It’s a Macbook pro 13’ mid 2009 that i max out on ram and put in a new san disk ssd

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Any idea why i keep getting this on my PC when i try to look at my Apple notes ? When i click "OK" it does take me to my notes though. But i want to stop getting this warning. I use an iPhone xr and a PC. That's it. Thank you.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    IOS 14 Widgets Blacked Out?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Why does iCloud.com ask for my Mac password to log in when using Safari, and it is possible to disable this?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    When I go to iCloud.com on Safari from my Mac, a pop up appears asking if I want to sign in to my iCloud account with my Apple ID with a button "Continue with a password." I am then presented with a message that asks for my Mac password. Why is it asking for my Mac password, and can I disable this? I just want to be able to use my iCloud password to sign in. This also bypasses the two factor authentication I have enabled.

    submitted by /u/MisersableM240
    [link] [comments]

    I just got this strange message, should I be worried or..???

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Why is blocked contact still able to send me messages?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I blocked a contact but he's still able to send me messages over iphone. I thought these were texts but they might be iMessages. I sent him one (blue text box) because I thought it wouldn't work but it said "read".

    In the Settings it says he's blocked. I go to his profile and it gives me the option to unblock him, which should mean he's blocked. I unblocked then blocked but it didn't work. I also put both types of numbers in, the original (07....) and the one with the international code beforehand. This is annoying me like hell cos he sent me messages and I don't want to have any contact with the person.

    Can someone help me please?

    submitted by /u/ParadiseCity22
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way restrict a video on iPhone from being deleted or edited

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Is there a way restrict a video on iPhone from being deleted or edited? Whether a video is recording in lock screen or unlocked screen, is there a way to restrict a photo from being editing or deleted? Like locking it?

    submitted by /u/tryhatdd
    [link] [comments]

    Helping out a friend

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    So, I translated this to English from Spanish, hopefully it's understandable. EDIT I apologize about the format, I'm on mobile app.

    " 🚨iPHONE USERS. I have an iPhone 7 and since I gave it the update 13(point whatever it was), this has been going on: • calls cannot be heard. • calls can only be heard with the AirPods or Bluetooth in the car. • SPEAKER option is grayed out / cannot be selected. • I can't make video calls. • I cannot hear the sound of what I record. • I already called Apple to no avail, but I want to know if this has happened to someone or knows about this and knows how to fix. 😬 "

    submitted by /u/wanderlust007_
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MacBook Pro. I’m assuming it’s the graphics card failing but holding out hope and posting here in case anyone has any other ideas? I’ll add more info in the comments. Thanks for any advice!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Does anyone have a solution to prompting Siri on specific devices?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    I have an iPad and iPhone however it gets annoying because if I want to do an action on my ipad I say hey siri but it directs to my phone. Anyone knows how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/JusYap15
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 2020 taptic engine query?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Is the haptic feedback same on iphone 11 and the new iphone se

    submitted by /u/littlemercy00
    [link] [comments]

    What time machine wireless backup destination would you recommend?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    What time machine wireless backup destination would you recommend? I can't seem to find the time capsule on the apple shops, is it going to be replaced with something else?

    submitted by /u/vaidab
    [link] [comments]

    Two step verification trouble

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    So my phone broke, I have no other apple devices and I've been spending hours on end on apple support chat. The most recent bit of help I received they told me it was possible to insert the sim card from my old phone into another iphone and I could receive the SMS for the two step verification in order to access my icloud and set up my new phone. I just tried inserting my sim into my friends phone and I skipped the option to set up the new phone because I didn't want to mess with his phone at all, and it wound up not letting me receive texts like the apple employee said it would. Any advice? I would rather not wait 5 business days for a code which is the alternative seeing as how I've been without a phone for a week and I need my phone for this upcoming work week.

    submitted by /u/Chazzmista1049
    [link] [comments]

    after installing 14.01 my phone still isn’t connecting to my WiFi

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    After I installed IOS 14 my phone wouldn't connect, i installed 14.01 by iTunes and it still won't connect in the 14.01 information it said it would fix phones not being able to connect to WiFi.

    submitted by /u/International-Ear-91
    [link] [comments]

    Updated my iOS to 14 and all my safari tabs are gone.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    My iPhone is 7 plus and I wanted to update it today. I at least backup up on my computer so nothing shouldn't been missing. Any ways to recover?

    Forgot to add that I was updating from version 13

    submitted by /u/WhatOnThePageToday
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro USB C Loose

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I have a fairly new 2020 MacBook Pro and both USB ports are extremely loose. Would this be covered under my warranty and how long would this take to repair? I have an appointment at an authorized Apple repair store on Saturday

    submitted by /u/someperson_132
    [link] [comments]

    Can't update to iOS 14, I get an error after "Verifying Update..."

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I'm using an iPhone 6S currently on iOS 12.1. I've already downloaded the update and have 2.12 GB of available storage. I tried rebooting the phone and resigning into my Apple ID but I still get the same error. I'm on modem firmware 5.21.00 if that means anything.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Pickinanameainteasy
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPod touch 7th generation worth it?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    So I have a job that requires me to be out of cell/internet service for months at a time. One thing that helps pass the time is listening to music, podcasts, and audio books. I'm looking to upgrade my listening device and was considering the newest iPod touch. Does anyone have experience using it and what are your thoughts on it? The biggest thing I'm interested in is how much music/audio it can hold at a time and what amount of GB would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/minolikeafish
    [link] [comments]

    I created my Apple ID years back on a device that had facetime locked. Couldn't access it. Haven't used any apple device since. Now I have a new device with facetime. Will my old ID signed up with that device support it? Thanks

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Apple Music Problem

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Some random songs from my downloaded library randomly greyed out and now say "not available in your country or region" and these songs would not have been removed. There are at least 40-50 randomly selected songs, all from different playlists and albums. Any suggestions and or fixes would be helpful. (I already tried restarting my phone and signing out and back in from my Apple ID)

    submitted by /u/Automatic_Canary_993
    [link] [comments]

    iOS14 not downloading

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Uninstalled the iOS14 beta and then went to install iOS14. However whenever I accept the terms and conditions it just gets stuck and stays on that screen.

    submitted by /u/CEB4002
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 2 screen stuck on black

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I'm a teacher/football coach and I use my district issued iPad Air2 for everything. I don't have a computer in my classroom, I have my iPad, a Bluetooth keyboard, and an Apple TV. The screen turned black over the weekend and has become completely unresponsive. I have tried hard resetting it by holding the home and power buttons, I have charged it for a couple hours, I have connected it to my personal computer. Nothing is working and I'm not getting any response. I called our district's IT/Tech guy and he said it would be a week or so before he could look at it and that we don't have any iPads anymore.

    Any idea how to fix this?

    I need to be able to present material in class. I can use my iPhone for the time being (all curriculum is on Google Drive) but I don't want my phone to be the way I lecture, watch videos, etc.

    submitted by /u/surveysays_youredead
    [link] [comments]

    Urgent Questions on MacBook Air

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    I'm currently able to buy a 2020 MacBook Air with the student discount, but I'm curious if buying the product using the student discount feature will limit my experience. If I do this will it make me use a specific Apple ID and limit certain actions or will I be able to use it as if I just bought it through the standard method. A quick response would be greatly appreciated as the offer ends in 7 days! Thank you.

    submitted by /u/kasin2
    [link] [comments]

    Renaming EFI Boot for Windows 10 Bootcamp

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I've installed Windows 10 onto an external SSD, and it's working fine, but when I boot into Windows and have the option between booting into MacOS or Windows, the SSD Windows is running on is called EFI Boot. Is it possible to change it to something else, if so, how, and can I change the icon as well?

    https://preview.redd.it/g3xm7gvjzdr51.png?width=3024&format=png&auto=webp&s=a60c7814f30152d96c0827bdbaf61648eeca1d35

    submitted by /u/PlayerAnonymous_
    [link] [comments]

    The iPhone XS was marketed to last 5 years. 2 years later, it's "too old" to be eligible for iPhone Express Replacement Service

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    2 years ago my wife and I got iphone XS's. After 2 years, her battery is at 80% max capacity. For her birthday I said I'd replace her battery. We both have pre-existing conditions, so an in-store replacement is not practical. After calling Apple, I learned that since our phones are too 'old' we cannot use Apple's iPhone Express Replacement Service (where they ship you a 'new' phone and you ship back your 'old' phone a the box they included). Being "without a phone" a few days is not an option. So there is literally no way to replace my wife's battery without buying new phones. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/crantastic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel