• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    iPhone Is there a way restrict a video from being deleted or edited?

    iPhone Is there a way restrict a video from being deleted or edited?


    Is there a way restrict a video from being deleted or edited?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Is there a way restrict a video from being deleted or edited? Whether a video is recording in lock screen or unlocked screen, is there a way to restrict a photo from being editing or deleted? Like locking it?

    submitted by /u/tryhatdd
    [link] [comments]

    Dropping service

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone XR and Sprint service. Since last week, the LTE will drop and all of the bars will disappear. About 3 or 4 minutes later or if I restart it, the bars will return and LTE returns. This happens 7 or 8 times a day (that I notice). I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it's a problem with the phone or service. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/PezGodX
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iPhone X and a bright green line showed up on my screen. I don’t know how to make it go away. Is it just a visual issue or do I need to get a new phone entirely ?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    iMessage not working with phone number

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    What would make iMessage not activate phone number but work with the email address?

    I've tried everything imaginable even buying a new phone to no avail

    Please help

    submitted by /u/hannnsolo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 interferes with bookshelf speakers

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've been having this problem for a while that after I switched to an iPhone 11, it would interfere with my bookshelf speakers like every 10 minutes when my phone is in near proximity, and my speakers would make a loud buzzing sound. It never happened before when I had my iPhone 7 so I feel like it's my phone's problem instead of my speakers. Just wondering if anyone had similar issues before and if there's a way to stop that? It's honestly getting quite annoying

    submitted by /u/jacobtliu
    [link] [comments]

    Messages resending, message received and sent in an incorrect order (my brand new message won’t be at the very bottom but instead be 5 messages up)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Just a bunch of overall problems, iPhone X, iOS 14. It all started after updating to iOS 14. Also having messages disappear as soon as being sent. Made a video on it right here.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/9MB6iAj

    submitted by /u/xxfrugsxx
    [link] [comments]

    Empty message isnt empty?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I got a text, the banner that popped up just said " boyfriend sent an empty message"

    When i open messages, before i tap on the contact who texted me, it shows a preview of the text. Except, it isnt blank. Its my boyfriend responding to my text, i can see like two sentences before the preview cuts off, but when i actually tap his contact in messages to open the thread the last message that is displayed is the one i sent him, not the one that it was previewing before.

    it goes something like this:

    him: i have to run to petco to grab dog food

    me: ok can you send me a pic of my credit card when you get a chance?

    *a response i can only see in the preview of his contact in messages* him: sure ill do it when i get home i have a few things- *preview cuts off*

    but when i open the thread its just:

    him: i have to run to petco to grab dog food

    me: ok can you send me a pic of my credit card when you get a chance?

    it doesnt show an empty gray bubble from him, its just like he never texted me. I asked siri to read the latest text from him and she just said "boyfriend sent an empty message". ive restarted my phone a few times, signed in and out of imessage and my appleID. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/SheriffSpooky
    [link] [comments]

    New phone calling with new number but sending texts from old number

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    Idk if anyone can help me but I just had an iPhone 5 with straight talk Verizon. I switched to an iPhone 6 with at&t (I know they're old phones I'm late) and I got a completely new SIM card, new number, phone is activated. Only thing that is the same is my iCloud account. I can make calls with my new number but it's sending texts with my old number? (Which will stop working in a few days) how do I fix this? Google said something about activated iMessage but when I do this I get an error message. And in the message setting when I hit "send and receive" I only get the option to send messages through my iCloud email and my old number. How do I fix this???

    submitted by /u/mikaela397
    [link] [comments]

    Quiet Automations?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I'm messing around with the shortcuts app, and I'm trying to make my phone speak when I connect/disconnect the charger. It works, but it's so quiet, I can barely hear it while putting my phone up to my ear. I turned the ringer on, turned it all the way up, same with the normal volume. And it's still extremely quiet. There's no volume option while customizing the automation too. Any help? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sNj_kings
    [link] [comments]

    Widgets with shortcuts will not open an app, why is this ?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    gps not accurate

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    hey all, so i've been running with the nike app for years now, and few weeks ago i switched to an iphone (se) (always had android in the past)

    i ran today a 2km trail that i ran alot of times, and i know when its 2km, but it took like 30% more today. i think when it said 2km it was around 2500-2700m

    also looked at the map in previous running in this trail and you can actually see that i ran much less than today

    what could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/MrSirCR
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone doesn’t connect to WiFi until I open settings to check wick

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I've had this problem across multiple iOS versions and multiple iPhones. Currently on an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

    Basically, if I do something that causes me to disconnect from WiFi while WiFi is still on (e.g. walking my dog around the block), when I come back to WiFi, it won't automatically reconnect. However, if I go to WiFi settings, it will automatically reconnect without me needing to click the WiFi network (it's like going to WiFi settings wakes the WiFi logic up).

    Auto join is enabled.

    Any ideas? Drives my data usage way up because I assume I'm on WiFi at home when sometimes I'm inexplicably not.

    submitted by /u/GlapLaw
    [link] [comments]

    New phone still linked to old phone

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Like the title says, my husband's new iphone 11 is linked to his old iphone 7.

    I believe emails and texts are still sent to the iphone 7, well both phones receive them.

    We do not have it on a cell plan, it is just running on our wifi and our kids use it to play games and such.

    The problem we are running into is that my child can read what my husband and I message each other. I'm not sure what the email issue is as my husband didn't tell me that.

    Is it possible to unlink them but keep them on the same account?

    How to I stop messages and emails from being sent to the iphone 7?

    I don't use iphones and really have no clue what to do about it all.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShovelingSunshine
    [link] [comments]

    How to split keyboard on Iphone Ios 14?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    I do not know how to split my keyboard anymore. The little keyboard button on the bottom right is gone now and it won't let me place my thumbs in the middle to pull my keyboard apart.

    submitted by /u/Lilli-pad
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked or phone glitch?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Blocked on iphone questions

    Was sending a message from my iPhone to an iPhone, but the "delivered" didn't pop up. Yet on my iPad it says delivered.

    The message sent from my iPad doesn't show delivered either. But shows delivered on my iPhone.

    I've never seen this before. Have I been blocked??

    Btw, was supposed to meet this person and didn't happen.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/k0alabearsleeping
    [link] [comments]

    Game won’t tune the other sideways

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Basically the title, when I open up a landscape wise game, I cant turn it the other way.

    submitted by /u/pekoraaaaaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    I thought iPhone texting was flawless? Far from it....

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I have called Apple support, and T-Mobile about these problems, and they are not resolved.

    My apple account is registered properly and all that, but for some reason anyone with an iPhone will receive my texts in two different threads. I only have one number, and it is still the same. If they reply on the wrong thread I don't get their text?

    An Android user receives my texts, however I do not get theirs. Before this I was getting those texts on another cell phone, then T-Mobile "fixed" it, so that I don't receive the texts AT ALL.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/CommodoreBlair89
    [link] [comments]

    Why is blocked contact still able to send me messages?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    I blocked a contact but he's still able to send me messages over iphone. I thought these were texts but they might be iMessages. I sent him one (blue text box) because I thought it wouldn't work but it said "read".

    In the Settings it says he's blocked. I go to his profile and it gives me the option to unblock him, which should mean he's blocked. I unblocked then blocked but it didn't work. I also put both types of numbers in, the original (07....) and the one with the international code beforehand. This is annoying me like hell cos he sent me messages and I don't want to have any contact with the person.

    Can someone help me please?

    submitted by /u/ParadiseCity22
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve backed up all of my pictures to iCloud, and I still didn’t have any storage left, so I went to settings, iCloud, manage storage and photos. I deleted all documents and data, but does that mean that when I go on my iCloud account (pictures and videos) will be deleted? I’ve just checked and it’s

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    All their, but only from my last backup.

    submitted by /u/Georgio3985
    [link] [comments]

    Might have fucked up

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I bought a new iPhone SE today. The new version.

    I synced it with my MacBook/iTunes and used an old backup for transferring contacts and such. Now the backup was from a 10 year old iPhone. On that phone I had used an hotmail-account as my apple-ID.

    When using the backup the new phone transferred the "apple-ID" as well. So now I have an apple-ID registered with an e-mail that has been dead for 10 years. I remember the password and it's correct. When I type in my info it says that the apple-ID is locked for security reasons and that I need to verify my identity. When i proceed it says that my password can't be reset because my apple-ID isn't valid or not supported. I can't figure out how to solve the issue? Is it even possible?

    Model: iPhone SE iOS: 13.6 Issue: Can not delete current Apple-ID Steps taken: none

    submitted by /u/McArth
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless charging for life?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Hey

    so as Apple has been greedy and removed adaptors for earning more money oh sorry saving nature , so if the new iPhone would be released without adaptors as well .

    If some one owns WatchSeries 6 and iPhone 12 pro max ( if that's the name )

    Would it be harming the battery if i dont get any adaptors and just use the wireless charging on them ? or it's suggested to use cable charging sometimes ?

    submitted by /u/hoomansa7
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone hack maybe?? Help!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Need help! iPhone hacked or what??

    So I was at my sister in laws house helping her put up some lights while my fiancé was back at apartment. I was there from about 1 - 3pm and went back to the apartment, and while putting the lights I took some pix of the progress and sent them to my fiancé. Once I'm back at the apartment, I am looking through the photos and notice in between the photos I took at sister in law house was photo of just the apartment kitchen ceiling and the time stamped on it is 2:16pm...I was not in the apartment at that time, u was across town until arriving at apartment around 3. What is going on??? How can a photo of place where I was not just show up in my photo albums IN BETWEEN the other photos taken at the house. I did not leave at all. Is my phone hacked?? Is it possible for someone to hack and have access to my stuff. None of my iClouds are active or backups. The photo was live and when I checked to hear anything, it was voice or my fiancé saying none word, that's it. Can anyone prove any ideas and feedback????

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/nazjh1185
    [link] [comments]

    *im unable to delete apps and yes i have tried from app store and i have restarted my phone a couple of times

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    Boot loop forever and ever...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Looks like I'm having the same boot loop problem described by some others here. I have an Iphone X that is currently running ios 14.0. I was deleting texts from it last night around 7pm (it's 6am now) and it started to get really slow I think because the storage was almost full. I was having issues with it showing a text I sent several minutes before that appeared on my macbook so I shut it down. When I went to boot it back up I got the apple logo screen for a couple minutes then it shuts off for 10 seconds and goes back to the apple logo screen. After some googling I learned about recovery mode, got the phone into recovery mode, connected it to my macbook, and selected update. After several minutes passed I got the notification that "software for the iphone was corrupted during download. disconnect and reconnect, then try again. So I tried again. Same message. I tried with a different cord (both apple brand cords), same message. I get it into recovery mode again, select restore iphone (not ideal because I don't have a recent backup). Same "corrupted during download" message. Infinite boot loop ughhhhh. So I get up at 4am because I can't sleep. Get in touch with apple support on chat. The person I was chatting with suggested I get it into recovery mode and try all the steps again, try different cord, use different usb port, no matter what I get the same error message. The name of my iphone has changed to simply "iPhone" when I get it into recovery mode on my mac. Probably not a good sign. I'm going to take it into Verizon in the morning but just airing some frustrations here I guess. Starting to sound like the new ios 14 is not great and starting to think I may need to order a new phone. Any thoughts or advice?

    TL;DR: phone stuck in boot loop similar to other recent complaints in this sub. Only notification received from computer when trying to do recovery mode is "Software was corrupted during download".

    submitted by /u/tasteful_accomplice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel