• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    Apple Help I broke 6 apple earpods in a one year span and can’t figure out why does it keep happening. The left bud plays quietly on all of them and since I’m deaf to the right ear all of them are useless. I always treat them really carefully. Do you have any solutions or the reason why does it happen?

    Apple Help I broke 6 apple earpods in a one year span and can’t figure out why does it keep happening. The left bud plays quietly on all of them and since I’m deaf to the right ear all of them are useless. I always treat them really carefully. Do you have any solutions or the reason why does it happen?


    I broke 6 apple earpods in a one year span and can’t figure out why does it keep happening. The left bud plays quietly on all of them and since I’m deaf to the right ear all of them are useless. I always treat them really carefully. Do you have any solutions or the reason why does it happen?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    My MacBook Air says that it has 72.11GB of 'Other.' I did a full factory reset at the beginning of the month trying to get it to run faster, and have literally everything that I can stored in the cloud. What is all this crap?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    How do I clear these recently messaged icons?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    So i have a ipad pro and when i tried to force shutdown it after a app wasnt working, it forced shutdown but wouldnt stop going off this loading screen just a white spinning ball. Its been doing that for a while and i cant force shutdown it again anymore..

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Tracking iPhone 11 (iOS13)?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    The phone was stolen on Thursday at 5.05pm in a snatch. I tried to track the phone on Find My but they'd already switched it off. I immediately blocked the SIM and sent a request to erase the iPhone as soon as it connects (this request was sent by 6pm the same day).

    I received an email today (Sunday) at 3pm saying it had been successfully erased and it was initiated at 9pm on Thursday (4 hours after it was stolen and 3 hours after I requested it be erased).

    I've checked Find My a number of times since it was taken but it's never been online at the same time.

    So from that, I'm assuming the phone has been switched on at least twice (Thursday 9pm and Sunday 3pm) since it was snatched and was wondering if there is a way to see where it was when it was switched on to at least try and help the police possibly locate the culprits?

    I know it can record and send location data when it's close to the battery running out but the battery was near full when it was taken so no chance of that happening yet (whenever I search, this is all that pops up so I'm assuming there is no way of tracking but there's no harm in asking)

    I'm not bothered about getting the phone back but I'd love to see these cowards caught. They only target lone women and even targeted an 11YO immediately after mine (luckily they fumbled and she got the phone back). It's believed they did 10 within 24 hours.

    (I'm posting this on behalf of my wife)

    submitted by /u/ThaFlyingYorkshiremn
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13 Inch 2020

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Hey Apple Community! I have never gotten a chance to get my hands on a MacBook and finally, just yesterday, I got myself the 13" MacBook Pro.

    I have a few questions, if I may.

    1. Do I leave my MacBook plugged in all the time?
    2. Do any of you guys shut down the MacBook or simply close it shut after using it?
    3. Should I turn True Tone on?
    4. Are there any settings/calibrations that you guys have on your MacBook that you feel I should have it too?
    5. Lastly, any tips and tricks to get the best experience out of my MacBook?

    Cheers!! P.S. I am loving my MacBook so far hehe

    submitted by /u/VastEuphoric
    [link] [comments]

    Charger for 3 iOS devices (iPhone, iPad Air, Apple Watch)?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I own an iPhone XS Max and am awaiting my preordered iPad Air 4 (due Friday). And I expect to get an Apple Watch as a holiday gift in a couple of months.

    Can anyone recommend a charger model (preferably from a known brand like Anker, Aukey or Satechi) that can simultaneously charge all three devices at full speed?

    submitted by /u/terkistan
    [link] [comments]

    Is this password reset email real?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    From [appleid@id.apple.com](mailto:appleid@id.apple.com):

    Dear My Name,

    The password for your Apple ID (my email) has been successfully reset.

    If you did not make this change or you believe an unauthorised person has accessed your account, go to iforgot.apple.com to reset your password without delay. Following this, sign into your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com to review and update your security settings.If you need additional help, please contact Apple Support.

    Sincerely,

    Apple Support

    Email looks legit, but I didn't request nor went through a password reset. I manual'd to the official site and still logged in with my previous password. Seems like nothing was reset at all. What else could've caused this email?

    submitted by /u/Longjumping_Big_9082
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to fix this? Searched the web but to no avail.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2011 still slow after SSD upgrade?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Inherited a painfully slow MacBook Pro Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro with original Toshiba hard drive and 4gb ram. Running oS Sierra 10.12.6; original was Snow Leopard.

    Decided to upgrade SSD and bought Ram, but for now have just installed SSD which is Crucial MX500 500gb.

    Have heard that for others, an SSD upgrade made all the difference, and the Ram was a minimal upgrade.

    However with SSD upgrade alone boot up time seems the same and page loading times and apps as well. My WiFi isn't the best but should be sufficient.

    I've had an iMac 2010 with 250gb and 8gb Ram and that thing was a champ. I know how fast these older computers can go and am disappointed. It was running High Sierra too.

    Because of my experience with my 2010 iMac I went ahead and installed High Sierra instead of Sierra. Could it be the system upgrade that is causing the lag?

    I'll try to install the Ram from 4gb to 16gb but I was really hoping I'd see a significant difference with the SSD.

    This is my first time attempting any computer hard drive upgrade so it's possible I've missed some steps. I don't know.

    Installing the OS was a pain but that's been my experience on average with both the 2011 MacBook Pro and the 2010 iMac.

    One other thing. The computer was running very hot before. It hasn't been lately but I expected a lot of dust in the fan. There was hardly any. I'm not sure what's going on.

    I also wonder if a component melted.

    submitted by /u/Hallelujah289
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro (mid 2012) screen blinking

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Hello, I just found this sub and I'm hoping someone can help. I've been searching online with no avail and I'm starting to think no one else has had this issue apparently.

    The issue is that my desktop screen is blinking between the wallpaper and a black screen. Not flickering but alternating back and forth about every second (like a car blinker). The dock at the bottom is not visible but my desktop icons are.

    I've tried rebooting multiple times. Shut down and let it sit before starting up. Safe boot and resetting the SMC and NVRAM (not too sure but I figured I'd try).

    It's not really functional at this point. I can load things but it's awful slow or not responsive.

    It's running High Sierra 10.13.6

    I'm sorry if I missed anything that may be required, currently on mobile.

    submitted by /u/NicePutt
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen imac

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a problem with my imac 2019, the screen is black but when I click the button on my keyboard I can hear that the screen is working. Can anyone help ?

    submitted by /u/Real_Bader
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove screen time password when you don’t know the current pw?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    So my ex set a screen time password on my phone and never told me the password. We broke up and I need it off. How do I remove it? It doesn't give me a option to. I'm currently locked out for 15 mins trying to guess it lmao

    submitted by /u/tyboyyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to fix this? I am on iphone 6s if that helps

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Sidecar Question

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Hi all! I'm an artist and wanting to stream from my iPad to twitch. Now, I know I can do this directly from my iPad but it's not totally optimal, so I'm looking into a Mac because I've heard of the sidecar feature and no mirroring software for iPad to windows works amazingly, but I'm not sure if sidecar is going to work the way I want it to. What I initially thought of doing was mirroring the screen onto the mac and then streaming that, but that doesn't look to be how the sidecar feature works (although if that can be done please let me know). The second thought I've had would be when using OBS and sidecar, does the iPad count as a second screen and could I tell OBS to stream the iPad screen? I don't have a mac to test these theories, so I was hoping someone else could help me out here, thanks!

    submitted by /u/mudkip0099
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook Pro Can't Download/Open Files (Saves Everything As Zip?)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I'm a college student and only really use my macbook pro to do light school work.

    But everytime there's a word doc or a pdf I have to download, it saves it as a Zip file and everytime I try to open it, it just duplicates

    submitted by /u/Actual-Development
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better to do in-store pickup or delivered to home in my case?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I have done in-store pickup for the past few years. However, with COVID, the Apple stores in my city have been closed since June so I ordered a clear Spigen case and screen protector and had planned on getting my iPhone 12 Pro Max delivered to my home with a silicone case.

    Yesterday, they announced that the Apple Stores in my city would reopen for the iPhone 12 starting tomorrow. So now I am wondering if I should pick it up as usual. I have not gotten it delivered home since the 6S Plus but I got it delivered in the morning so it worked fine. With the in-store though I have a set time which is nice, though I am also trying to be cautious about going out so I am leaning towards delivery home slightly.

    The thing is, I always get the Belkin screen protector installed and grab an Apple case when I pick it up... But with everything, they might not even be putting on screen protectors or have the cases in stock, or will they?

    submitted by /u/zoobyshoe
    [link] [comments]

    Dark gradient at the bottom of the screen of a 2017 13” MacBook Pro

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Disappears upon restart, then appears and gets darker with time.

    Here's a photo of the physical laptop screen taken with my phone.

    https://i.imgur.com/v2iE6Wm.jpg

    If I take a screenshot, the screenshot does not have a gradient.

    https://i.imgur.com/KuGU2Sm.jpg

    When attached to an external monitor, the picture does not have this gradient.

    Only the built-in laptop screen has this issue.

    What is this? Any resources experience or advice will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/obviousoctopus
    [link] [comments]

    I'm getting this error in Finder and in Boot Camp. Internet works fine with strong signal. Fresh install of Catalina. Any ideas on resolving? 2015 MacBook Pro 13" on 10.15.7

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Purchasing AppleCare+ from Apples Refurbished Store question.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I've looked everywhere to no avail short of calling Apple - figured I'd ask hear first. Does Apple offer the monthly AppleCare+ option on iPhones purchased from their refurbished store? I know you can purchase it in bulk for the full 2 yrs w/ the phone at checkout because they list the option front & center - but I cannot for the life of me find any info anywhere on their site or the web about buying the monthly version for their refurbished iPhones. Has anybody had personal experience doing precisely this, or have any info or links to info stating definitively that they do or don't? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/OhYeahTrueLevelBitch
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had issues with photos being selected in camera roll simply from SCROLLING?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    I've noticed that recently, perhaps with iOS 14, that when I'm trying to upload or share a photo with someone on imessage or upload on a site, that just simply scrolling up and down can accidentally cause you to select those photos even though that's not what you wanted.

    I've never had this problem until now. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/limache
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to reinstall MacOS on an early 2011 13in MBP and it keeps shutting down and bringing me back to the login screen with 2 minutes remaining on the installation. Also tried with a bootable USB and still nothing. Any advice you guys could offer would be awesome!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Apple Pay pulls from my bank and not my Apple Cash balance

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I just realized that I have an Apple Cash balance of a couple hundred dollars. I thought that when I paid with Apple Pay it would use my balance first, but apparently it automatically just takes it from my bank instead. I know I can just transfer funds to my bank account but isnt there a way to make Apple Pay pull from my balance first before dipping in to my bank account?

    submitted by /u/missusfictitious
    [link] [comments]

    Maps keeps closing on me since iOS 14 update.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Since I upgraded to ios 14, my Apple Maps will close itself multiple times during a trip. Sometimes I will reopen and it goes right back to the trip, other times I have to put the destination in again. Anyone else notice this?

    submitted by /u/jkskrap
    [link] [comments]

    Need assistance please! My ipad 3rd gen won’t turn on even when plugged in a charger. It only shows the apple logo then rurn to black then apple logo again.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel