• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Apple Help Anyone recognize this cable? It appears the clip is the charger?

    Apple Help Anyone recognize this cable? It appears the clip is the charger?


    Anyone recognize this cable? It appears the clip is the charger?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I used to have the ecg app on my Apple Watch Series 5. After unpairing it from my old iPhone XS, and pairing it with my new iPhone 12 Pro, I didn’t have the app anymore on the watch. After opening the App Store page for it, i can’t install it. It just says: „An IPhone is necessary“

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    i don't know if anyone experiences this glitch, i dowloaded an app and its not showing, i i have reinstalled it still nothing, restart, still nothing. if isearch it i find it. how do i fix this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Airdrop from iPhone to 2012 15" MBP on Mojave not working

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Does anyone have a solution for this? I am able to detect the iPhone from the mac and send things, but it doesn't work the other way around. The macbook doesn't show up on the iPhone. I've tried all the obvious fixes outlined in this article, making sure things are discoverable, bluetooth is on, and both are on the same wifi network, but no dice. No matter how many articles I look at there is seemingly no solution.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/bigvenusaurguy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there still not a way to disable camera for Facetime but keep it for audio?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I wanna disable video calling for my daughter on her iPhone 8 plus but keep Facetime for audio calls only. I don't wanna disable Facetime entirely cause that's our only way of communication

    submitted by /u/xtusy
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos not downloading to iPhone 12 Pro

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Hi,

    i got my new iPhone 12 Pro delivered on Friday. Setting up the iPhone using my iCloud backup worked flawlessly.

    All my photos and videos are saved using the "iCloud Photo Library".

    Here is my problem: After setting up my new iPhone, the photos app showed all my photos and videos but it only shows the preview images. So when i click on an image it has to download every single picture/video first. I checked my iCloud settings and the checkmark is next to "Keep Originals" inside the photo settings. So the iPhone should download every picture/video to the memory on my iPhone. When i go to the bottom of the "All photos" tab i see an indication stating: downloading originals with the number of photos that still need to be downloaded.

    The problem is, that that number hasn't changed since Friday. So not a single photo/video was automatically downloaded to my phone. When i manually click on an image the phone downloads the picture and it is then saved locally. But it won't do it automatically.

    Since Friday the iPhone was mostly locked, connected to a charger and in different very fast WiFi networks. I also tried mobile data but to no avail.

    So far i tried rebooting the phone, disabling the iCloud photo library, logging in and out of my iCloud account.

    I am out of ideas and hope that somebody can help me. I really need all my photos/videos locally on my phone even when i am not connected to the internet.

    Kind regards.

    iOS 14.1 iPhone 12 Pro 512GB

    submitted by /u/Martin187465
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot backup drive password

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I know this is a longshot but I recently had my Macbook repaired and had a copy of my back up on my Seagate plus external hard drive. However when I tried to access it it says I need a password, which I can't remember... has anyone had a similar experience or am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/regular_asian_guy
    [link] [comments]

    Is my MacBook Pro faulty?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Hi! Firstly, please forgive my technological ineptitude, I'm pretty new to MacBooks as I've just gotten my very first one 2 weeks ago. I've got a 2020 MacBook Pro 13 and recently I downloaded 'Sleeping Dogs:Definitive Edition' on my MacBook. I usually plugged in the MacBook (original adapter) and run the game like that. Today, to my horror, I realised that my battery percentage dropped from 90% to 48% after I'm done playing, with the MacBook plugged in!!!

    Is there something wrong with my battery?

    submitted by /u/VastEuphoric
    [link] [comments]

    How do I downgrade from Catalina? Late 2014 Apple Mac Mini

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    4GB RAM 500GB HDD A1347 EMC2840 1.4ghz

    It's running really slow since upgrading. Big mistake. This mac doesn't have anything on it so there's no need to back up. I don't have a backup with a previous OS on it.

    submitted by /u/fiveonethreefour
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Imac screen, cant get screen to mirror.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Hey all. hopefully a quick question. Have a imac a1418 with a now broken screen. Connected an external monitor but it only extends the display. I try using the command+f1 shortcut but the mac only Bongs at me. Any way i can get this thing to mirror the display? Using a windows keyboard.

    submitted by /u/GoodTofuFriday
    [link] [comments]

    do all logitech crayons work with all ipads 6th gen or later or do certain models only work with specific ipads?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    I looked at the logitech website to look at the compatibility list since I was looking for a new ipad since my old one shattered and i saw that at the bottom of each device listed there was a set of model numbers, suggesting that certain models work with different devices. So does all logitech crayons work with all ipads 6th gen or later or do certain models only work with specific ipads?

    submitted by /u/GRILL_MY_DICK_OFF
    [link] [comments]

    Reasonably priced Thunderbolt 2 monitors?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    My wife has an old Thunderbolt 2 macbook from work. She's got a belkin dock that supports dual monitors, as long as one of the monitors has a thunderbolt 2 interface.

    Can anyone recommend any affordable monitor models that feature a Thunderbolt 2 port? It's hard to find lists of monitors specifically with TB2 interfaces -- a lot of what's on sale now is TB3.

    (I picked up a thunderbolt 3 monitor [without realizing TB3 seems to have limited compatiblity with TB2 in this context], but I can't get the macbook to recognize the monitor when it's connected to the TB3 port via apple's TB3=>TB2 adaptor. Works fine over HDMI, of course)

    submitted by /u/merreborn
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Air 250GB how to clear space keeps increasing

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I recently got a new MacBook Air like 2 days ago for school and my storage keeps increasing everyday when I turn it on and check the "other" storage is increasing. I do have iCloud on my laptop as I use my Apple ID I do have Apple Music and I noticed all of them were on my laptop but it only should be a total of 1 GB for all the music I have. I also had some photos from iCloud but I took them off my laptop. Anyone know the reason to why it's increasing everyday so much? Is the Mac storage connected to my iPhone?

    submitted by /u/TheDumbassKidd
    [link] [comments]

    2018 15in MacBook Pro weird noise (volume up)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Apple Pay Hacked?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Apple Pay Hacked

    I bought a used Iphone 11 pro max earlier this year for a good deal, $750 on craigslist. I was excited to get an iPhone, and excited about using apple pay. I finally got a card loaded in, and used it a couple times, at walmart and buckees. Within a week, there were some unauthorized payments going through that I noticed and disabled the card and had to get a new one. I have never been hacked, and am careful with my accounts and am fairly tech savvy. The apple pay was the only thing that changed. I then assumed there was something going on, and did not load a new card in. A few months went by, and I figured it might have been a coincidence, and I wanted to rent a season of rick and morty. I loaded a new card and enjoyed the season, those episodes are disappointingly short by the way, and watched my bank account. Sure enough, within a few days, not even using apple pay, just having loaded it in, a transaction popped up I didn't recognize, disabled card etc. I have read a few threads about pay getting hacked and everyone says it is impossible, but my apple account was brand new with a unique password etc. Not sure what to think, but I want to figure it out since pay is so convenient. Thanks for reading this monstrosity btw.

    submitted by /u/Slinkywinkyeye
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Display MacBook Pro 13inch (2015)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Hi guys, first time posting here.

    Hey guys, was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with my current Macbook WFH setup.

    I currently have 2 X Dell U2721DE (USB-C) monitors connected to my MacBook Pro 13 inch.

    I have both monitors connected via USB-C into each USB-C port on my laptop.

    My question is if there are any products that would allow me to plug in a single cable into simply one of the ports on my laptop and run both monitors from a hub/dock/dongle which will allow me to free up 1 out of the only 2 ports on my laptop.

    Appreciate any suggestions and idea.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/nicholasjiang1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to fix this error? I’ve installed the thing like three times and nothing helps

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Replacing A Failed Hard Drive Backed Up With Time Machine

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Having problems figuring out how to do this properly.

    So I have an old Mac Pro with 4 Internal Hard Drive that total up to 8TB. I have all of those four drives backing up to an external fifth 8TB drive that fits all the data on a single drive. It works fine

    However, one of my hard drives has recently failed, and I am confused as to the best way to go about switching the hard drive and having it continue to back things up.

    I went out, bought a new hard drive, and then copied the contents from my time machine to the new hard drive. I named it with the exact same name as the failed hard drive, and time machine brought up a message that was a different drive and wanted to perform a whole new backup. Even though the data was the same as the old drive, my 8TB drive didn't have the space to store the old drive and the new drive, so it keeps failing and saying I've run out of space and can't back up the new drive.

    I eventually just gave up. Copied all the important stuff to a sixth drive, reformatted the Time Machine drive (for safety!), and then just let Time Machine back up the 4 internal drives all over again. This seems to have worked since the 7.5TB of data across all 4 drives all fits now

    So what am I not doing right in the process? It was not a boot drive that failed, just a cold storage drive that finally failed after 10 years. Is there some way I am not thinking of to just restore the drive from a time machine backup and have it magically work and seamlessly connect to my old backups without all this reformating business?

    submitted by /u/FrankPapageorgio
    [link] [comments]

    Is thisURL supposed to pop up when you put a Spotify link in mobile safari app? I can’t see it it says blocked by provider

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    “Cannot Connect to App Store” ... even tho Im connected to the app store! iOS 14 XR

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Im signed in...can search and download apps. But when I click my account icon on top right and then go into Purchased, any app in that list brings me to a screen that says cannot connect to app store.

    submitted by /u/Jace_avb
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Mini just randomly shut down and absolutely will not start up again

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I have no clue what the hell is going on, up until now I've been having no issues with my device which I've had for 2 years; I was in the middle of using the mini while it was charging when all of a sudden the screen flashed the apple logo and shut off. Absolutely nothing I've done thus far has fixed it; I've tried rebooting it with absolutely no response and now I find that whenever I plug it in to charge it falls into a loop where the apple logo flashes for a few moments before the screen goes dark again which it does repeatedly until I unplug it again. I'm at my wits end, no advice I've searched has been remotely useful. I don't know if the machine overheated or something, this is entirely absurd, it felt somewhat hot for a moment and then nothing.

    submitted by /u/KobaLeaderofRedArmy
    [link] [comments]

    High fanspeed and slow macbook. PFM006 & PPN001 Faultcode.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Hello! I have some trouble with a Macbook. It's really slow and the fans are maxed out all the time. I downloaded Mac fans application and I can't se the palm rest temp and I also did a hardware check (hold D when I start the computer) and I got two fault codes, PFM006 and PPN001. Is it the palm rest sensor or should I keep looking? I don't want to replace things that I don't have to replace.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gusfri
    [link] [comments]

    Group Chat Splitting with iMessage?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    How can I make an iMessage thread that instead of making a chat, it sends to each recipient individually?

    So I am in a situation where I have a couple iMessage group chats for a club, one for my announcements where I get important messages across, and one for general discussion. The problem is, sometimes I text something in the announcements, and it gets spammed over by arguments and questions. Whatever I do I just can't get my friends to remember or care to move chats to respond to my announcements. Then 200 messages later no one wants to go back and fish out my old announcement message, or if they do, its a pain. No one wants to switch to Discord or anything else. So I came up with an idea for a solution: what if there was a way to send them each a message individually in one action, so they have to move chats to talk among themselves? Some non-apple phones don't support group chats and do this by default. So I tried turning off iMessage and Group Chatting and MMS. This did what was intended, but some of my friends aren't in the country or don't have a sim card so I rely on iMessage for them to be in the chat. The turn-off-group-chat trick doesn't seems to work for iMessage, so I'm back to square one. Any ideas or cool tricks?

    submitted by /u/PunkyMunky64
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything I can do about this? Macbook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    iPhone 11 - time lapse frame

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I've tried to take multiple time lapses on my iPhone 11 using the front camera but part of the frame always gets cut off- even though it shows up as in-frame on the screen while I'm filming. Is there a setting I can change to fix this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/seroxmysox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel