• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Apple Macbook Fixing my Old Mac vs upgrading

    Apple Macbook Fixing my Old Mac vs upgrading


    Fixing my Old Mac vs upgrading

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Greetings human beings!

    I'm currently an owner of a 2016 MacBook with Retina display, I've bought it three years ago and over a year ago, I sustained some damage on the keyboard (Up down arrow keys) but the rest of it works completely fine but at the same time my battery is at 60% capacity at the moment with a low cycle count, so today I went to the authorized seller where I live and he informed me that the repair will cost around 540 USD, bearing in mind I had purchased the device for 1400$ approximately where I live.

    So my question is whether to fix the MacBook or buy a new device?

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/forgedgildedwarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Do they ask for proof when buying from Apple online education store in Canada?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Hi I'm a student from the Philippines but I have relatives visiting home from Canada. I figured that I could ask them to buy a laptop for me from the online education store but I'm not a student in Canada, I'm a student in the Philippines. So I was wondering if they could still avail the educational pricing online without proof since I will still be paying for it? Also apple products in the Philippines cost a lot more than US and CA so I'm trying to save up a few hundred dollars.

    submitted by /u/BlairWaldwarf
    [link] [comments]

    how to make a second screen with my macbook air 2020 to another macbook air 2015?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    do I need some sort of cable? or is there a wireless way to do it?

    submitted by /u/adtemp1212
    [link] [comments]

    I’m upgrading my MacBook ram for the first time ever and need some help.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I'm just curious if there is a difference between brands or types, or if they all basically function the same.

    submitted by /u/CrunchyPoem
    [link] [comments]

    I don't password-protect my Macbook... what will happen if I need to give it to the Apple Store for repairs? It turns on, but the screen is completely black(but I can see the backlight being on).

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    I don't password-protect my Macbook... what will happen if I need to give it to the Apple Store for repairs? It turns on, but the screen is completely black(but I can see the backlight being on).

    Also.. on the day of my appointment with the Genius at Apple, the AppleCare on the Macbook has exactly 2 days of coverage remaining, will they still repair it? (problem happened a week ago and I did report it at the time)

    submitted by /u/OnePlinko
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    My MacBook display turns black from time to time, when it turn black I can still see a bit of the desktop. It is like my MacBook forces the screen to turn the brightness to the lowest. How can I solve this issue? (The black screen returns to normal in a few minutes, but it's really annoying)

    submitted by /u/xternalXD
    [link] [comments]

    Is 2020 MacBook Air powerful enough for a 4K monitor ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Hello, i never had an apple laptop, but i'm planning on moving to apple ecosystem, so i would buy the base version of 2020 air model. Thing is, it has i3 dual core cpu with really slow integrated gpu, is that enough for external 4K monitor ? Or even two ? Because i saw in apple support that you can even plug in two 4K monitors, how the hell such a low gpu can handle 3 monitors combined ?!

    submitted by /u/Lukasamba
    [link] [comments]

    are we sure that there are new macbooks coming in november?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Battery Life on New macbook issue

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    So I have big concern, I'm a first time mac user, that I bought like a week ago. I love it. But... other than work, I'm used to play little browser game that usually I played on iPad pro or phone and had no issue there. Just on macbook it drains battery in like 2 hours from 100%. That must be super wrong.

    I though it may be becouse of google chrome that I used, but I switched to safari and its maybe just slightly better.

    It that a common thing, how do I check it on mac (i still struggle to navigate through system).

    Any advice will be appreciated

    submitted by /u/zefmortu
    [link] [comments]

    How mach RAM do I really need?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Right now I have MacBook Pro 15 late 2011 with i7-2675QM + 16GB RAM + SSD.

    My RAM consumption is usually about ~12GB and looks like this:

    https://imgur.com/igACzhJ

    I'm planning to get MBP 16 and I'm not sure if I need to invest in 32GB RAM option.

    Price difference is huge, almost 550€ for extra 16GB RAM.

    submitted by /u/FamousLobster
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on which model for a design student

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    hi guys, I am currently on a gap year and will be studying product design at university next year and I want to get a mac that will be able to see me through my university years and maybe into my career. I want to have my mac as my main computer and it will be docked into a thunderbolt monitor. I will need it for 3d design using Solidworks and fusion 360 so it will have to run Bootcamp comfortably. I will also be using the adobe suite on it. now my budget is as cheaper as I need but I want to try to keep it below £2500. I am currently unsure of what model I should get as im split between a 13 with 10th gen or a base 16 inch with 32gb of ram.

    my research has told me I need 32gb and I don't need loads of ssd as I mainly use one drive and don't mind using an external hard drive. also, i was originally going to wait for the arm but I have now heard they won't be able to run windows which is a must for me, also more recently I have leant towards the 16 as it just seems to be a bit of a powerhouse compared to the 13 and iI am 6'5' so a larger laptop overall feels better.

    I understand this is a bit jumbly but basically, will a 13inch be enough for what I need or should I just go safe and get the 16inch or should I even wait for the arm.

    thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/xRupTx
    [link] [comments]

    where can i find/make this Charybdis decal?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Help, im in doubt, is this macbook label commons things?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Help, im in doubt, is this macbook label commons things?

    Hi All

    I Just but new Macbook Air 2019, as you all see on pictures, it looks like, there's some text behind the label/sticker is this commons? do your macbook box have same text behind labels like mine?

    I just worried, i get refurbish stuff, recondition, 2nd hand stuff packed and someone sell it as newI Get it from marketplace at my city

    https://preview.redd.it/55yas4msl9v51.jpg?width=634&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d7b0f8b061f59de7f219f865f8f1532c18113a4e

    submitted by /u/FPrince212
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best macbook docks these days? Need 4k@60hz support

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Dell PC handles Bluetooth Magic Mouse & keyboard way better than MBP

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    I have a Magic Mouse & Apple Keyboard (both ~2010 models) that I use with my 2015 DELL laptop for work (running Windows 10) and occasionally with my 2019 Macbook Pro. The difference is night and day.

    They both work flawlessly with my work laptop but frequently disconnects from my mac. Just during the time of writing this post they've both disconnected a handful of times.

    Why???

    submitted by /u/selling-gf
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] Keyboard Service Program hassle.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    I'm having issues with the keyboard, I went to get it fixed and was told the my MacBook Pro needed top case replacement, but was also told that I have "battery failure" in which I had to pay for, for them to fix the keyboard.

    What I don't get is why do I have to pay for something that will be changed regardless? They were going to change the battery anyways, how come do I need to pay for it now that it isn't working properly?

    Has anyone gone through this? And what did you do in that situation?

    submitted by /u/ammandude
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook should I get?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a mid 2013 MacBook Air, which is still functioning except I now can't get updates for mostly everything, which means a lot of work related stuff (google docs etc) are starting to fail.

    I have a budget of £1350 including AppleCare. With education pricing, I can get the MacBook Air 1.1GHz 10th generation core i5 processor with 16gb memory or the MacBook Pro with 1.4GHz 8th generation core 1.5 processor with 8GB memory. And of course free AirPods until the end of October.

    I don't know if it's better to go for the air with more RAM of the pro with less? I'm a freelancer so use my laptop every day - emails, microsoft office, googlemeets, adobe documents. I also travel a lot which is why I lent to the air in the past. I've had my MacBook Air for 7 years and apart from a trackpad issue that fixed itself this year - it's been great. Im of course wanting this laptop to last as long as possible as well.

    Would really appreciate some insight into which would be better!

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/charlberry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel