• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Apple Macbook Question for musicians who've been using the 13" Macbook Pro (2019)

    Apple Macbook Question for musicians who've been using the 13" Macbook Pro (2019)


    Question for musicians who've been using the 13" Macbook Pro (2019)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Hey guys I realise this has probably been asked thousands of times before but after a quick search I wasn't able to find a ton of info specific to the newest model and audio production.

    Long story short I'm moving to the UK next year from my home here in Australia and in order to continue songwriting, recording and freelance audio production work (which is one of my main sources of income).

    I recently lost my trusty old Macbook Pro (2015) in the Aussie bush fires which sucks because aside from the obvious I loved that machine. Worked like a charm.

    Now with life stuff happening I don't have a ton to spend on the fully kitted out 16" version (thats the dream haha). but If I keep saving then hopefully by the time I move I should be able to purchase a base model one of the 13" variants.

    So for those of you who use it in conjunction with music/audio projects how do you find it handles?

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/PrickIsAWonker
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to buy a used MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

    So I'm a college student and my 2012 MacBook Pro is on its last leg. I'm looking to buy a new MacBook Pro for school and like the prices of some used MBPs I've seen on Offer Up (the 2017 for around $750 - $850 and 2018 for $850 - $900). I can't really spend more than that but am worried about the whole "used products that I'm spending 100s of dollars on" aspect, and even if it's in perfect condition, can I still get coverage for future events? Like apple care? Should that be a dealbreaker if I can't?

    Thanks for any responses, just want some input for what sounds reasonable 🙂

    submitted by /u/S313na
    [link] [comments]

    What ever happened to product testing?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:21 PM PST

    On the 2019 MBA there is small space between the screen glass and the outer casing. The space is large enough for dust to get trapped in but not large enough to use anything to clean it out.

    submitted by /u/Lakerscoring
    [link] [comments]

    What are good websites for refurbished MacBook Pros, i want the Touch Bar ones

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:23 PM PST

    Question for Musicians who have been using the 2019 Macbook Pro

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:15 PM PST

    Hey guys I realise this has probably been asked thousands of times before but after a quick search I wasn't able to find a ton of info specific to the newest model and audio production.

    Long story short I'm moving to the UK next year from my home here in Australia and in order to continue songwriting, recording and freelance audio production work (which is one of my main sources of income).

    I recently lost my trusty old Macbook Pro (2015) in the Aussie bush fires which sucks because aside from the obvious I loved that machine. Worked like a charm.

    Now with life stuff happening I don't have a ton to spend on the fully kitted out 16" version (thats the dream haha). but If I keep saving then hopefully by the time I move I should be able to purchase a base model one of the 13" variants.

    So for those of you who use it in conjunction with music/audio projects how do you find it handles?

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/PrickIsAWonker
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop user looking to switch to MacBook for music production

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:57 PM PST

    Hey,

    Firstly, apologies if its the wrong place to post something like this - if so, please steer me towards the right place :)

    I figured some of the people in this community might have some insight.

    I'm currently using a windows laptop and am planning on making the switch to MacBook for the sole purpose of music production (using Ableton as my DAW). I have been producing for a few years, both on desktop PC and my laptop.

    Last year my desktop PC saw its last legs and blew out its power supply (repairable, I know*)*. I have also been using a laptop which is starting to struggle when I mix my tracks. Its CPU usage hits 70-80% just when playing back a track in its later stages. I use software VSTs in my production, which are likely the biggest culprits of CPU hogging.

    I was looking to get a MacBook Pro as I have heard about their longevity and reliability when it comes to music production. (My current laptop crashes probably once every 2-3 weeks whilst producing).

    I was wondering what specs to look out for to ensure that I'll be able to 'future proof' the Macbook and ensure that it'll be useful and reliable at least for another couple of years. Its my understanding that processing power is the biggest ticker for music production, however I'm a bit confused by the Macs processor, being a PC user who isn't too much of a tech wiz in the first place

    Also, are MacBook Airs worth considering at all for production? or should I just go for the Pros?

    My budget is approx $2000 AUD ($1400~ usd). I am also looking at refurbished/second hand models on fb marketplace or similar sites.

    Thanks.

    TLDR: what macbook specs should I look out for for somewhat intensive music production

    submitted by /u/bondla
    [link] [comments]

    2018 Macbook Pro 15". No Backup. Possible Logic board problem. Is there no way to recover data from the SSD?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:12 PM PST

    Hello,

    2018 MBP corrupted. No way to start-up and it is high probably logic board has to be replaced.

    Is there theoretically no way to recover data from 2018 MBPs?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Rosinde
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro Dongle questions - first time dongle-life

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:25 PM PST

    I am new to the Dongle life - just upgrade from 2013 MBP so i have been missing out on this dongle experience. I have a couple of questions:

    1. Do i want a dongle/hub with or without PD?
      1. I am concerned about power distribution through the hub which could affect the computer if the hub is bad?
      2. If i get one without PD, does it drain the battery quickly?

    I need 1 USB 2.0/3.0 connection for a keyboard. 1 HDMI connection for external monitor and occasional SD card slot.

    My other option (to play it safe) is to buy all Apple dongles, but that's 3 different dongles.

    I am also not very experienced with power pass through. Is that something i want?

    thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/JohnLe_15
    [link] [comments]

    Resolution issues connecting LG 4k 27UL600 to MacBook Pro 2015 15"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:23 AM PST

    Hi, I have just got a LG 4k 27UL600 that I use with my MacBook Pro 2015. I was looking for something that could give me a resolution similar to the "retina" quality.

    The monitor image looks very good, but the preferred resolution is 1920 X 1080.

    If I try 2560 X 1440 things look blurred.

    If I run 3840 X 2160 the screen image is too small.

    By the way, these are the resolution options I get, and the are the extra options I get when I press 'option' and then I click on scaled.

    I am using a HDMI to HDMI. With HDMI to Mini Display things looks much worse (visibly blurry). With DisplayPort to Mini Display nothing appears on the screen.

    I thought that a 4k was going to be better than a 1080 monitor... Can you help me understand? Thank you.

    UPDATE: see here.

    submitted by /u/specific_account_
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MBA to 2019 MBP 13 inch

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:43 AM PST

    is it worth going for an upgrade if i do some video work and photo editing (premiere pro, photoshop and lightroom), even considering that im going for military service for 2 years in a few months? and will the 2019 MBP be able to hold its own even in 2022?

    any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/defenderdoge
    [link] [comments]

    How can I scale the resolution of my external monitor further than is allowed in display preferences?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Anyone know if theres a way I can push the resolution setting further for (just) my external display? I want to be able to fit more windows on my external display, to match the scale from my MacBook Pro, even though the external display obviously has much lower pixel density. My display is a 27" 1920x1080. Running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.2

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also let me know if theres a better subreddit to post this question on!

    submitted by /u/PocketBac
    [link] [comments]

    New battery drains quickly

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    I just ordered a new macbook battery, installed it successfully, and did a smc reset.

    The MacBook is a Early 2011 MacBook pro 15inch.

    The battery is draining fast by default (no chrome in the background,etc), anyone has an idea what the issue could be ?

    I read somewhere, new batteries need time to settle in is this true ?

    This is the battery i got

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SXGHPKM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/obviousbarnthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to upgrade a Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2014

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    What's the best way to upgrade a base model Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2014? (no plans on buying a new laptop yet)

    Current specs are:- 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3- Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB- 250GB SSD

    Was wondering if I could try to get a used / secondhand motherboard that has the highest possible CPU and RAM & a Nvidia gpu?

    Also do you think upgrade to another SSD will be noticeable since my current laptop already has an SSD installed (though maybe an older model of an SSD since this was out from 2014)?

    What else do you think I could upgrade or any parts that I can buy used for a cheaper price to make this laptop a running smoothly again.

    submitted by /u/shirotokiya7
    [link] [comments]

    On the fence upgrading 13" 2017 Macbook Pro to Macbook Pro 16". Any user experiences?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:22 AM PST

    I currently have a 2017 Macbook Pro 16/512 that I am seriously on the fence upgrading to the new 16" version. I previously tried a 15" Macbook back around 2014 and didn't care for the added bulk.

    Would anybody chime in with their experience moving from a 13" to a 16"?

    submitted by /u/MattOnePointO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel