• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 07]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 07]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 07]

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [August 07]

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iOS14 Beta reminding you that TikTok is constantly listening to your microphone

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Microsoft condemns Apple’s App Store policies: “Apple stands alone as the only general purpose platform to deny consumers from cloud gaming and game subscription services like Xbox Game Pass.”

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Apple confirms Google Stadia and services like it aren't currently allowed on iPhone, iPad

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    From everything we "know" so far about iPhone 12, which feature do you consider a selling point?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:04 AM PDT

    From what I read, for someone who owns 11 pro, 5g might be the biggest selling point. Would you switch from your current iphone to iphone 12?

    submitted by /u/begomtj
    [link] [comments]

    Kuo: IPhone 12 Faces Problem With Camera Supply; Launch Is Not Affected

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    I miss my iPhone 5C so I got a mellow yellow skin for my X. So iPhone XC? I wish Apple would sell plastic bodies iPhones again.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Family sharing confusion

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I am in a Apple family and we share a Apple Music family price bundle thingy, and I want to use my own card for my AppStore and Apple Pay, is that possible and if yes then how

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/jakub8a
    [link] [comments]

    Never had an iPhone before: is there a way to check whether my favourite Android apps have iOS versions/equivalents?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Hi all, so I've always been an Android person, but I've recently been contemplating getting the iPhone 12 when it's finally released. I like the form factor and the fact that Apple hasn't fully succumbed to the massive barely-fit-in-your-pocket slab of cumbersome that seems to have taken every single Android flagship hostage. But, I have absolutely no experience with iOS, or what apps I should expect to find/miss if I make the transition. Is there any way I could check whether certain Android apps exist in the App Store? I know Google has a Play Store that you can access from the web, but I couldn't find a similar solution for iOS. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/IsamBitar
    [link] [comments]

    Here's where Apple Stores have reopened and closed again around the world

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Kuo: iPhone 12 Camera Lens Supplier Experiencing Quality Issues, But May Not Affect Launch Schedule

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Significant Locations

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Can someone explain to me how Significant Locations works? More to the point - how often does it update its logs and display them to you?

    For example - if I wanted to know where my phone was 2 hours ago, how could I use Sign. Locations to find out? It appears, at least on my phone, to show locations 24hrs ago and older. When does it update?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DatsRadMan
    [link] [comments]

    Buds+ or AirPods Pro for IPhone and Apple Watch?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Committing to using iPhone only

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    256GB iPhone 8 Plus user here. Wondering if anyone has any insights that I may not be thinking of on using my iPhone as my only device. I use AirPrint and just realized I can sign documents via markup.

    I've had the phone for 3 years now after going from iPhone original to iPhone 4, to a brief stint with 2 android phones before purchasing the 8 plus.

    I am also the owner of a mid 2009 MacBook Pro that I upgraded to max specs and did part replacements on to keep it going.

    But it's not something I use frequently anymore and one of the main reasons I have it was to edit the meta data (date taken) of photos that I have and I just found an app on iPhone that can do that.

    So what are other ways of transitioning fully that I may be overlooking?

    submitted by /u/ShatteredLens
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know if someone is tracking my phone

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    I would love this feature if we ever get AOD on iOS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    This is the latest feature tease for OnePlus, a "timeline" graphic for AOD that shows unlocks, and usage at a glance in a pretty slick interface. Also, I know we've been begging for notification complications similar to Apple Watch. This would be dope as hell:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zPOJRa2oA&feature=emb_logo

    submitted by /u/themillennialmixtape
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel