• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Apple iOS Easter egg celebrating 10 years of the apple store app . Check it when you search for “10 years”

    Apple iOS Easter egg celebrating 10 years of the apple store app . Check it when you search for “10 years”


    Easter egg celebrating 10 years of the apple store app . Check it when you search for “10 years”

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    What’s the point of Sign In With Apple if you don’t allow it to work?!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Family Sharing Not Working With Books?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    So my wife didn't have her iPad yesterday, but purchased a book off of Apple's Books app via my account, which is the main account. We have always had Family Sharing, and had no issues with apps, games, movies, etc. showing up on both accounts. But for some reason on her iPad it just isn't working. I go to the Books app and it shows nothing. I click her Account picture and the Family Sharing section that usually shows the other persons name acts like it is loading, then simply disappears. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I have updated the iPad. I just don't get it. Literally every other Family Sharing works just fine. Any ideas?

    EDIT: It is also worth noting that it works fine on her phone via Family Sharing, just not the iPad.

    submitted by /u/BigPete7978
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Timetable App with Notifications

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    Looking for a Timetable App with Notifications

    Hey guys,

    At my work, we have to manually track our time. Accurate tracking is essential for us to get paid properly. The WFM system we use doesn't give us automatic notifications for when our break times start and end.

    I'm looking for an app (preferably with desktop integration, or a separate app for my PC) that I can use to track the pictured timetable easily, and repeatedly.

    I hope this is clear, but let me know if you guys need some more clarity. Cheers.

    https://preview.redd.it/7uylb2a9flf51.png?width=995&format=png&auto=webp&s=bc914394673935306d6996bfe4e1e216274234d8

    submitted by /u/jaredjanuary
    [link] [comments]

    How does automation work?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I tried out the automation feature of the Shortcuts app and found it quite useful at the first glance. I setup an automation triggered by a specific time only to later on find that it needs me to click on run to actually work. So what is the need of automation when it still needs me to initiate the sequence?

    submitted by /u/infinite_spacetime
    [link] [comments]

    About Hey Siri

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Shouldn't iOS14's new feature show Siri as always listening since it's constantly listening for the "Hey Siri" voice command. Or is the indicator only for when the application is recording audio. What kind of gray area does Siri fall into?

    submitted by /u/Neucleye
    [link] [comments]

    The many inconsistent faces of the Apple TV remote.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    [14.0 b4] First time I’m seeing real radios on the Music app in France. Is this new?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    Is there any app that lets you play an audio file in the background while also letting you play other media in different apps?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I have tinnitus and live in a noisy area, so I like to leave a white noise track playing most of the day while I use my Mac as normal. I have yet to find a way to do the same thing on iOS/iPad OS.

    If I just use a normal audio player, the track will stop once I play something else. I've tried a bunch of white noise apps, including ones that let you customise the sound, and while they often have a 'mix audio with other apps' feature, I haven't been able to find or create any sounds that are as good as this track I have.

    Ideally, I could use a basic audio player app that has a 'mix audio with other apps' feature, but outside of my specific use-case, I can't imagine why anyone would ever make such an app.

    I'd like to be wrong though, so does anyone know of any app that would help me with this?

    submitted by /u/PithyRiposte
    [link] [comments]

    Old instagram icon appearing on share sheet (iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.1)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Old instagram icon appearing on share sheet (iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.1)

    The phone has the latest version of instagram, and has never shown the old icon before. Interestingly, the normal instagram icon is also present in the share sheet, meaning that instagram is appearing twice.

    Does this mean Instagram still ships with the old icon included? and what could cause it to display?

    https://preview.redd.it/spe2ban13ff51.png?width=607&format=png&auto=webp&s=7a1405c5ba2319541653c52a082e8a82dfd8431a

    submitted by /u/yajCee
    [link] [comments]

    Considering going back to iOS. Has file management changed since iOS10/iPhone 7?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Hey there! I'm a current Android user who is heavily considering the next-gen iPhone as my next phone—but I am curious to know if file management has changed any in the past few years.

    Part of the reason I switched away from iPhone in the first place (I had every single one up until the iPhone 7) is how cumbersome it was to get files on/off the phone. Photos/videos needed to be sync'd through iTunes, and it was very frustrating to put my own photos/videos onto the device to share on social media. I also had a ton of sync issues where things would wipe themselves from the phone.

    Same goes for music. Syncing everything through iTunes was an extra step that didn't always work correctly (it always screwed up a lot of the metadata, even with immaculate library maintenance).

    In short—has there been any improvement to file management in the past 4 years? Is iTunes still the central hub for managing the device? Is there any drag/drop functionality through a Windows file explorer?

    I tried searching, but I can't really find anything that covers this topic in any depth. Appreciate any thoughts on the matter!

    submitted by /u/choyjay
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any podcast apps with folders/categories/etc that you can sort your podcasts into?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    As I'm subscribing to more and more podcasts I'm finding organizing them to be lacking in the apps I've tried (Pocket Casts, Overcast & Apple Podcasts).

    Is there an app with more organizing capabilities?

    submitted by /u/voidzero
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel