• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 02]

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This is actually a great idea!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Cool Qi charging stand I bought in 2017. Still works great! I’m so glad I decided not to wait for AirPower!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    PSA: Phone has been incredibly laggy, deleting Houseparty resolved it.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    TL/DR: Houseparty app caused terrible lag on my iPhone, especially the camera app, and removing it instantly resolved this.

    Like many people, at the beginning of the quarantine period I installed Houseparty. I haven't used it and forgot about it.

    My iPhone 11 Pro Max has been extremely laggy for weeks. Reboots were not fixing it. Particularly the camera was incredibly laggy, and sometimes wouldn't start recording for about ten seconds after initiating it. This was not what I have been accustomed to on iPhone and could not understand why this high end phone was performing so poorly, especially the camera.

    Tonight I decided to look at recently added apps to see if they've had any impact on my phone. I deleted Houseparty and immediately my phone returned to its former state. I had closed apps many times and so Houseparty was not even open!

    Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/apophenist
    [link] [comments]

    I had no idea r/iPhone had more members than r/Apple

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    It really portrays how important 1 product can be for a whole company.

    submitted by /u/TheElderCouncil
    [link] [comments]

    Bulky iPhone cases??

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    So I work in construction, in the field not the office but the majority of my work is oversight and no manual labor. I hate having an otter box defender on my phone. It's so bulky. This weekend I have taken the case off and love love how the phone feels. But at the same time I feel uncomfortable holding because I'm used to the big case. Is there anyone here who carries their iPhone sans case without breaking? I know it's a risk but I hate paying xxxx for a phone then covering it rubber ya know?? I have a glass screen protector that works well. Also will take a suggestion of a slim case

    submitted by /u/ObscureVirginia
    [link] [comments]

    How to allow "do not disturb" override for favorites?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    I'm coming from Android (now have iPhone Xr) and I'm trying to configure the following:

    At 10:00pm, my phone goes into do-not-disturb. The only people I want to be able to contact me during this time are my 3 kids. In Android, I was able to set favorites to override do-not-disturb.

    I thought I found the setting in iOS ("Allow calls from Favorites"). However, this only seems to allow favorites to call, not send a message (text/sms/iMessage).

    I went into Contacts and added my kids' phone numbers and email addresses as favorites, but I'm still unable to get the Messages to override for these.

    I must be missing something. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ChowboyDan
    [link] [comments]

    Controllers?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Anyone know where i can get an actually good pocket controller or clamshell controller? I have an iPhone 7 and with ios 13 supporting android controllers aswell. it doesn't need to be mfi. I've been looking at the 8BitDo switch lite controller as it supports xinput and is perfect for what i want to do but is way out of my price range. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/epic_reddit_moments
    [link] [comments]

    “Unpatchable” vulnerability on the Secure Enclave Processor (SEP) chip in iPhones

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Best way to stream my music library to free up storage on my iPhone?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I thought I could sync my music library to iCloud and stream it, but it looks like that's not the case? Am I wrong?

    I have Apple Music but all the info I'm finding just says I can sync my music between devices. Does that mean I can have my music on my laptop in iTunes and stream it to my phone?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Pldgmygrievance
    [link] [comments]

    Does your home button move down the smallest bit when you press it down on your iPhone 7/8?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I bought a refurbished iPhone 7 and the home button seems off. Is plastic and feels like it's a real button like it presses and all but not really. It feels like it's bulging out a tiny bit and pressing it flattens it down. Sometimes dosent even press so I have assistive touch enabled just in case it breaks. Is there any way to get it fixed/replacement homebuttons?

    And also I'd be forever thankful if someone gave me a link to a home button seller that possible sells home buttons with loggia boards that have Touch ID?

    Thanks so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/JakubOrSomething
    [link] [comments]

    Alert to update AppleID settings seems like a phishing scam but evidently isn’t.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    https://tinyurl.com/yadu8lhw

    After discovering recently someone hijacked my calendars app and alerted me to all kinds of spammy appointments, I was somewhat concerned about this alert to update my AppleID settings (which I had never seen previously). After entering my AppleID password and with no two layer authentication nor fingerprint the windows closed and there was no explanation of what needed updating and why. The window just disappeared.

    Immediately I was concerned that phishers were going to wreak financial havoc with access to my AppleID account and immediately changed my password and linked up to AppleCare via iMessage. He explained that it was not phishing and posted several links to explain what was happening.

    I told him that appleID.com servers might be overwhelmed with concerned iPhone users and wondered why there was no explanation in the process which would clarify what about AppleID accounts needed to be updated. All's well that ends well I guess but the process took at least an hour to resolve.

    submitted by /u/cutiebear728
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone Messages folders

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking for option in iOS messages to sort my texts by folders like "work" "business" "family". I have too many messages to look at, need some order to make it easier. Thank you for all responses.

    submitted by /u/zCooler1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 details from Gregsgadgets!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel