• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    iOS Beta [Request] Some sort of Control Center-esque widget would be cool.

    iOS Beta [Request] Some sort of Control Center-esque widget would be cool.


    [Request] Some sort of Control Center-esque widget would be cool.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I wish the Music app would use one consistent ellipsis icon, right now there are 3 different versions!! FB8297876

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Widgets appear and block half the screen any time my phone goes into landscape mode (iOS 14 PB4)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    This is my first iOS beta ever, and here’s my thoughts....

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Long story short I am newish to iPhone. I have always been a Samsung fanboy, usually drive a + or Note series daily. And I'm the type that is always upgrading to the newest phone possible. (It's an addiction but better than some other addictions at least)

    I played with an iPhone 10 for a few months that I got by trading a one plus 6T for. Enjoyed it very much but it didn't stick so I traded that off as well. Fast forward to a few months after the 11 came out and I wanted an iPhone again so went and got myself the pro Max. And I legit don't even care to pick up my note 10 anymore. The difference is night and day!

    Now for the beta...I had no issues with iOS 13. But there were a few things I was missing from my android.

    One of the biggest was pinning a text conversation to the top. I always had my wife pinned and couldn't do it but I just found yesterday I can now do that with 14, the wife is jealous of course.

    Widgets...this is huge for us former android folks! For me it's primarily the weather and calendar widgets. I love that I can move them to any screen I want and that they have a few different layouts for each! It's letting me lay my phone out more to my liking of organizing where my apps and resources are. Sure the widgets have had a few issues with loading or updating, but it's a beta so I'm not gonna cry about it. Also using the larger weather widget; if you open the weather, then swipe to go home, I love the smooth animation of it turning back into a widget instead of just going straight to the home page.

    The "app drawer" or "page" whatever you want to call it, is amazing! I instantly got rid of any excess clutter on my screens. It is also very well implemented in my opinion. It organizes/categorizes the apps very well, again in my opinion. I have had no problem scrolling to that screen and finding what I need.

    I noticed last night when I was watching a video and I minimized it, from safari, that I got the video overlay on my home screen. I haven't tried with YT yet...but if that comes and works well, I'll truly be a happy camper!

    I did just download the public beta 4 today, and I do feel everything was a tad bit snappier before the update, but still nothing to truly complain about.

    I know this is long winded, but I am truly enjoying my first iPhone beta experience. And I doubt I will ever be leaving iPhone. Android betas were ok but always had many issues, maybe it was user error, maybe not.

    Thanks for reading of you did.

    submitted by /u/McNasty1304
    [link] [comments]

    [BUG] AirPods Pro Phone Call Audio Switching Problem (14b4 Dev)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Since upgrading to iOS 14 beta 4, my phone has issues switching audio to my AirPod Pros. If I make a phone call using them, no audio comes through. I have to switch the audio to my phone or speaker, then switch it back. The AirPods are still the selected audio source and there's nothing coming through my phone's earpiece. I've unpaired the AirPods and done both a soft and hard reset. Does anyone else have this issue? Sent feedback to Apple.

    submitted by /u/A_TalkingWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    One last time, "a widget's main purpose is to display a small amount of timely, personally relevant information that people can view without opening your app."

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    No play/pause button or wtv, so stop expecting those kind of widget.

    submitted by /u/anon_619023s
    [link] [comments]

    You should be allowed to select your contacts profile picture when they share it with you via “Name and Photo” if you dismiss it at first, without having to wait for them to update it so it appears again.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Camera as some issues. IOS 14 Beta 4. Already reported.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    [iPadOS 14 Beta 4] Yuck, I hate boxes.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I kinda like this. iOS14 Beta 4.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    [BUG] (iOS 14 pb4) wide boi in shortcuts

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Do you think that at some point in iOS 14/14.x it will be possible to interact with widgets on the homescreen. So that you have your music controls on the homescreen and can actually play/pause/skip songs. Only the information which song is playing isn’t very useful imo.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    iPhone SE 2020 on iOS 14 PB4 - 4K YouTube playback!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    What are these text predictions? I don’t think I’ve ever typed any of these words in my life, and the only context was the word “The”

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Working on Time Tracking widgets for iOS 14

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    The camera “Blinks” on the camera app (iOS 14 DB4 on an iPhone 8 Plus)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Is there a list of the badges iPadOS puts on icons and what they mean?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I'm getting the iPhone badge on the clock app and figured out that it means my phone has a time running. (By the way, I'm not sure what the point of that is. Opening the clock app n the iPad doesn't give me the same timer, so..?)

    Is their a list of all the icon badges for various apps and what they mean?

    submitted by /u/-14k-
    [link] [comments]

    BETA 4. iPhone 11 no longer vibrates when I get calls or notifications. Any ideas about a fix?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Increased battery life beta 4 for you?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    For me so good so far, 12h later only 20pct less ! Damn impressive on iPhone X instead of b3, even a little bit better than b2.

    Your opinion ?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/s830309
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting choice for the Apple Music background ��

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Are speakers working the same or the sound distorts while playing songs? Experiencing it since last two dev betas. If its not a bug, anyway to solve it?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel