• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Apple Macbook Macbook transition from windows tips?

    Apple Macbook Macbook transition from windows tips?


    Macbook transition from windows tips?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I just got my first ever macbook after only owning and using windows products so im still getting used to everything. Earlier today i just realized that the default key repeating wasnt similar to the windows version so i had to change some settings so i could hold down my delete key for it to erase text faster.

    That being said, are there any other changes i should make so i can have similar functions as window devices? Or any changes in settings to make my life easier? Im getting used to the command key right now and im enjoying the convenience of shortcuts. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IneedAA3win
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage problem

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Hi all! I have been trying to find a fix for this and knowing my luck its probably simple. But when I get a notification like if I am scrolling on safari, I can only reply with a text message. However, I can reply with iMessage in the app. Has anyone else had this problem? Please its so annoying.

    submitted by /u/dead-pancreas
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a refund on my Mac?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    EDIT: looking for replacement, not a refund anymore

    I bought the 2018 MacBook Pro 13inch in September 2019. Since then, it has broken 4 times and repaired by Apple and Apple authorised engineers each time. I'm sick of this mac now. Is it possible to ask them for a replacement MacBook Pro or refund?

    submitted by /u/kryptixc
    [link] [comments]

    What is some obscure software that you use every day?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Is the upgrade to a MBP 16" worth it for an incoming engineering student?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Some background, I'm going to be pursuing either Aerospace or Industrial engineering, and my laptop will be my only personal computer for (hopefully) the next four years. I'm also planning on dualbooting windows so that I can natively run certain windows-only engineering programs (Cad, Solidworks, Matlab, Catia, etc.) and games. Basically, it's going to be my everything computer.

    With that said, I wanted to see yall's opinion on whether the upgrade to the 16" model is a wise investment. Generally, I prefer having the bigger screen over the portability, which I was used to with my previous 15" Thinkpad. However, will the performance (and dedicated GPU!) of the 16" base model be good for running engineering software and games, or would I be better served with the $1700 13"? Cost isn't exactly a factor, since it'll be paid for with my scholarship, but I would of course prefer to save money where I can.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrBabadaba
    [link] [comments]

    Very angry Apple customer.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Bought a MacBook Pro 2018 15" Touchpad. After 1.5 year i got swollen batteries. I went to my store and they said no warranty. I contacted Apple for international Warranty and yes, swollen batteries is is known IF i can show receipt. I never have done this before, it has always been handled with serial but now Apple states its up to the reseller to make that choice. So if someone wonder.........Apple does not have international warranty anymore.

    I tried to write about this in Apple forum but was deleted 2 times.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-10988
    [link] [comments]

    What color do you recommend?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Alright this is a stupid question but I just can't decide-

    I'm buying a 2020 MacBook Air but I can't decide which color to buy. I wanted to buy the gold one, but I've seen that it looks more like rose gold so I hesitated. I like how it just stands out but I feel like the space gray is more suited for me. I'm ordering it tomorrow I just need your opinions

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EZXDS
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make my 2011 MacBook Air sync with my iMessages on my iPhone?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a 2011 MacBook Air and I am looking for a way to sync my messages from my iphone to the iMessage on my laptop. I thought I figured it out, but only some conversations would show up on my computer and none of my group chats will show up on the computer.

    I would really appreciate it if anyone had suggestions or knows how to do it! Google is giving me nothing. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/ryschertz
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to use MacBook with a swollen battery?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    My mid-2017 MacBook Pro has the "Service Recommended" warning for the battery and is rocking when on a flat surface, obviously it needs replacement...

    Now my question is that I mainly use this plugged into my desktop setup with monitors and power:

    1. Is it safe to use for the next week until my appointment?
    2. How long does it take to get the battery replaced, this is my work computer and I can't be going days without it as I work remote.
    submitted by /u/Joe_Scotto
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MBP Overheating

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    My 2018 MBP constantly overheats (+165°, highest fan level) even when performing simple tasks like browsing Safari with a few tabs open. Is there anything I should be doing to stop it from overheating so much? Any guidance would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/fahrenheitt_451
    [link] [comments]

    Broken keyboard

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) which works very well, just one problem, my I key + the silicone dome popped off, and when i try putting them back, they work for a couple presses, then pop out again. What can I do to make it stay in place?

    submitted by /u/MasterEdvin69
    [link] [comments]

    Question: will mac books get slighty cheaper when they switch over to arm based CPUs?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Will they?

    submitted by /u/Dr_Mowri
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Power Button

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    TL;DR - Wiped my hard drive and I got a flashing folder icon. My power button doesn't work so I can't restart it to boot into Repair Mode.

    So, after hours of googling my problem, I've probably dug myself into a deeper hole. This might qualify as the largest support request of the century. /s

    I have a 2018 MacBook Air.

    For the past week my MacBook wouldn't go to sleep when I would close my lid. This would cause my battery to drain itself. I don't have any apps installed to keep my MacBook awake.

    So, google told me to reset SMC and PRAM. The PRAM reset was successful. The SMC reset was not. Hmm, okay. So I go to diagnose this and Apple's SMC Reset instructions told me to hold the power button for 10 seconds then turn it on. Come to find out, the Touch ID sensor doesn't even turn the MacBook on. Weird. I've always just hit the spacebar to turn it on from shutdown.

    Alright so what do I do next? Turn it back on via hitting any other key and checkout my Touch ID Settings. I try to add a fingerprint and I'm met with an error that asks me to "remove any fingerprints attached to this account." Well, none were attached to the account. Screw it, googled this problem and was told to startup via Disk Repair and type 'resetpassword' into terminal. This might have been bad advice because...now I can't login to my MacBook. My regular password just won't work. I promise you I typed it correctly.

    Alright cool, Apple gives me an option to reset it using my Apple ID. So now we're back into CMD + R and I type in my Apple ID. "Error, unable to mount drive. Please restart and try again." Restart and try again 5 times. No luck. Hmm, let's check out disk utility.

    Now this is where it was weird and probably where I should have just stopped. My Internal Drive was not mounted. Cool, easy. Click 'Mount'. Doesn't work. Google says click 'First Aid'. First Aid shows no problems. Hmm, well let's force mount it from Terminal. No luck. After about 30 minutes I gave up and decided that there's nothing important on the hard drive. Click 'Erase'. That worked. Click 'Mount'. It mounted! Awesome.

    Restart...flashing folder icon. "Oh shoot, I erased the OS. I'll just restart and reinstall the OS." Seemed easy enough until I realized I still can't force shutdown my Mac because my power button won't work.

    What do?

    submitted by /u/aFullPlatoSocrates
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor Recommendations?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    So i'm looking at purchasing a monitor for my Macbook Pro 16". I have no idea where to start and hoping so can get some recommendations. I'm a graphic designer so color accuracy is important to me, a somewhat large screen would be good, 120hz and not that it matters but I would like it to have thin bezels and/or a boxy look. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/paatrickjohns
    [link] [comments]

    should i install the big sur beta on my new laptop?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    i really liked the look of macOS big sur. As i am already an apple beta tester (trying out IOS 14 on my iphone) i was wondering if i should try out the beta on my mac? What are the security risks?

    submitted by /u/e_s_c_a_p_e
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my MacBook Pro always need 15 seconds to connect to my iPhone hotspot and fail half the time?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Does anybody else have this problem?

    I sometimes need to manually disable and re-enable hotspot feature on my iPhone XS to fix the issue.

    Nevertheless, it can be a bit annoying when I have an important meeting.

    submitted by /u/ujjain
    [link] [comments]

    Ask

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    How do you know it is not a fake item?

    submitted by /u/aliceesther412
    [link] [comments]

    Affordable Thunderbolt 2 or Usb a dock for Macbook air 2018

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    I have a macbook air with thunderbolt 2 or usb a ports only. No usb c or thunderbolt 3. Does anyone know of an affordable dock to add hdmi port or other functionality to my macbook air. All I have been able to find are newer thunderbolt 3 usb c type or discontinued expensive models. Would like to stay under 100 USD if possible. Thanks in advance for the help.

    Edit: I think I am going to forgo the dock and just use a mini display port to hdmi adapter to get the minimum hdmi functionality that I am looking for.

    submitted by /u/DesertDevilAZ
    [link] [comments]

    Noob advice for external display issues

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit,

    I just thought I would share a strategy that has helped me fix ongoing issues with my external display.

    I have a 15.3" MacBook Pro early 2011 model.

    For quite some time now, the external display had been flickering and just recently stopped working all together.

    My computer would often overheat also and would occasional freeze with a pixelated screen when left running for too long. I believe this may have had something to do with the AMD Radeon GPU as it was known to be a common problem with this model.

    I had an external display connected via HDMI to the thunderbolt port.

    I had enabled graphics switching however when connecting the external display I wasn't able to only select the Intel GPU to bypass this issue.

    Long story short, to minimise the toll on the GPU I simply just changed the resolution to 480p. It seems like common sense, but I feel that I wouldn't have thought that this was the issue for why my external display was displaying 'no signal'.

    I am however able to mirror the Display in 1080p, but not extend the display for some reason.

    I hope this can help someone!

    TLDR: If the external display is not registering or faulty, try changing the resolution or frame rate

    submitted by /u/x-sonder-x
    [link] [comments]

    How are people finding the latest lineup of Macbook Pros?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    I'm considering buying the £1799 model and was wondering what people who bought the new model think now it's been out a few months. I was wondering if there are any issues or reasons which would prevent this being a good buy?

    submitted by /u/Weekend_metalhead
    [link] [comments]

    a1369 (Mid-2011 MacBook Air 13")

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Does anyone know a ballpark price for a battery replacement for a Mid-2011 MacBook Air 13"?

    submitted by /u/steinmeyermiles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel