• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Apple Help Does anyone know what this red light means?

    Apple Help Does anyone know what this red light means?


    Does anyone know what this red light means?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Anyone have an idea what this icon in the MenuBar is. I cannot interact with it.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Question on how to permanently remove Norton LifeLock from MacBook Pro

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I have a 2016 MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6)... I was the victim of identity theft/fraud and purchase Norton LifeLock as a knee-jerk reaction before I realized it is overpriced and there competition is much cheaper. Asked for a refund of the first month and they agreed. I have been reaching out to Norton LifeLock on how to get rid of the annoying pop up that displays every time I start up my MacBook Pro (it pops up in the lower right hand corner about 3 minutes after starting up each time).

    I know someone once said to me that it is a 16 to 17 step process to do this on an Apple product??? I legit would just keep trying to ask for help from Norton but they are not providing any assistance so now it is up to you people to help me please. See pic of exactly what the display says when it pops up (https://imgur.com/a/6E2K9Si).

    submitted by /u/Dynasty__93
    [link] [comments]

    Brand New Macbook Pro (13.3 inch) overheating incredibly fast...? Help

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I just got a brand new macbook pro (13.3 inch, 16GB Memory, 256GB storage) and its incredibly hot. I cannot put it on my lap or even rest my hands against it without it being uncomfortable.

    My previous computer was the 12 inch Macbook which too had 256GB storage, but smaller memory, it never ever felt this hot to the touch.

    I am not using any major programs or have too many windows open to justify this heat, its just Safari. Is this a common issue, something to worry about?

    submitted by /u/sunnyziggy
    [link] [comments]

    How to safely download audio mp3? Using an new gen iPhone

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Ive been trying to do this but all the mp3 converter are super sketchy. Is there some way to do it on IOS? Just trying to make a ringtone, not obtain a virus.

    submitted by /u/ThrashFur
    [link] [comments]

    How do I set time manually? I cannot unclick “set automatically”

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro won't see iPad

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    I just got a new iPad Pro 12.9 256GB and am trying to connect it to my 2020 MacBook Pro 16" using the provided USB-C cable to the Macs USB-C port.

    I can use my iPad with side cart no problems via the cable that came with the iPad. But I cannot see the iPad in Finder at all, and so can't sync it.

    I have looked through the USB section under System Information but cannot see the iPad connected at all.

    The iPad shows a charging logo when connected. The "Trust Computer" dialogue does not show up at all.

    Any help PLEASE

    submitted by /u/LittleGremlinguy
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting the "iPhone storage full" message

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    for the last 3 days I have deleted a lot of picture related like 10 apps etc. but the next day the message keeps appearing it's annoying me so much I literally can't delete anything else on my phone. how can I stop this?

    submitted by /u/AMB379
    [link] [comments]

    temperature reading on the top bar?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a Macbook Air 2020 and love it, two questions for the top bar. Is there a native mac way to see the temperature of the computer? also, how can I put my name up there?

    submitted by /u/Leonard-the-writer
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 7 plus (purchased in November 2019) the screen just freezes to the game i was playing then the screen got dark and no sound and i can't force restart it until minutes later it auto restarted.. is this a serious issue?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Why does legacy password window pop up every time I try to install an app?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    So AppStore basically ask for my password on every single download. If I turn on Face ID (or Touch ID, I also tried it on a 6s using the same account) for AppStore, nothing would happen after I tap get. Same happen if I try to turn off Face ID and disable password for free items, AppStore just wouldn't let me download. I am using a iPhone 11 running iOS 13.6.

    What I've done to try to solve the problem: 1. Restart the phone 2. Logout login to AppStore 3. Logout login my Apple ID 4. Use same account on my old 6s running iOS 12 5. Use different account on my current device 6. Reset my phone and recover from my backup 7. Reset all settings 8. Change my Apple ID password 9. Change my Apple ID email 10. Read everything I can find on the internet

    I jailbroke my old iPhone 5s using the same account, not sure if this matters. This problem probably has been bothering me since then.

    submitted by /u/MadMaxieee
    [link] [comments]

    Extracting photos from original iPhone

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    While cleaning up our basement, I came across my wife's original iPhone (model: MA712LL. Version: 3.1.2 (7D11)). To my surprise, I was able to charge this thing up and reminisce with the old photos that are still on it.

    To my expected dismay, I was not able to remove all the photos from it. Connected to my Windows 10 laptop, the phone does show up as a removable drive and I'm able to copy the photos from "Cameral Roll". However, there are still photos in "Photo Library" and various other albums that aren't showing up that I'm not able to copy off the phone directly.

    Things I've tried:

    1) While in "Photo Library", my only options for manipulating the pictures is "share" or "copy". Share only allows me to email the pictures and that doesn't seem to work (any test email remains unsent since the credentials for the sender can't seem to be updated as it fails every time we try). Copy appears to do nothing as "nothing" happens when I click it and I'm not given an option to paste into "Camera Roll".

    2) Connect to iTunes. The phone shows up, iTunes knows it's there and even lets me know that there's a new version available (3.1.3). Updating fails (phone is apparently not supported) and the only content available via iTunes is music related.

    3) Connect to a Mac Book Pro. "Nothing" happens when I do this (waited 15 minutes). The phone charges when connected to the laptop, but nothing else (doesn't show as a removable drive).

    Am I out of luck on this venture? My wife suggested going to an Apple store, but I'm 99.9999999% certain they can't/won't help considering the age of the device. Is there any recourse for removing the remaining pictures off the phone? I'm not sceered of hacking if that's where I have to go, warranty be damned lol.

    Much thanks for any assistance with this. The main driver is the very recent passing of our dog and my wife would absolutely love to get these pictures off the phone to recall the craziness that was our puppy. If nothing can be done then so be it, but I at least want to try for my wife's sake.

    submitted by /u/CheekyFluffyButt
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some help regarding the way I get Notifications from Reminders (MacOS & iOS)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    I seem to remember that earlier versions of MacOS & iOS used to sync not just the reminders themselves but even the action taken on notifications. For example, if I got a reminder to take my meds in the morning and I happened to see it on my phone and mark it as completed, it would make the notification go away on my Mac too. In recent times this doesn't seem to happen no matter what I do. I have to always tend to each notification on every device. Anybody else having this same issue or know of a way to make it sync?

    submitted by /u/c4ttskillzz
    [link] [comments]

    Reliable third party battery for late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 13"

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    After 6 and a half years the battery in my late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13" (A1502) has finally died. It had been showing that it needed servicing for some time, and now it's showing only 1% charge and the power cuts out if I remove the power cable.

    I've been following this ifixit guide but unfortunately they don't ship batteries to Japan, which is where I live.

    If someone could point me in the right direction to finding a reliable battery that ships to Japan (or from within Japan), I'd appreciate it. I can't afford to get a replacement from Apple.

    Also if anyone could recommend any other cheap-ish upgrades I could do, please let me know. I'm thinking about upgrading the SSD.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mankodaisukidesu
    [link] [comments]

    Markup not saving when saving screenshot?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    How do I unlock my iPad to which I forgot the password?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I have a vague idea what my password is but to my knowledge I have NEVER backed it up and there some very important family photos on there. I cannot do it from iTunes as I will then lose my data, can I take it in-store and get it unlocked? I have proof I own it. I do not own any other Apple devices so Find My Friends or iPhone or whatever will not work. Please help! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/CygnusOverule
    [link] [comments]

    Need help locked out of my MacBook Pro 2013

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Weird one need help

    Right this is going to be a weird one. I have no clue what I done I was cleaning my Mac keyboard and I must have somehow Locked it pressing the buttons after I mashed the keyboard and turned it on again it went to a grey screen saying this MacBook is lost on find my Mac etc I need a code to unlock.... I go to my iCloud find my iPhone the MacBook shows up I can ping but not unlock the lock and erase are there but faded so I cannot click it

    submitted by /u/PhantomKesra
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here use a PC and transfer photos from their iphone to their PC without using windows photos?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Im currently on the phone with apple support and they cant figure it out its been 58 minutes. Basically my windows photos app on my PC is dead it stopped working months ago and continuously freezss but the rest of my PC runs fine. Theres no way to transfer photos over using itunes anymore apparently and Since I have so much media on my iphone my windows explorer crashes when I try to import using that. Im only trying to import about 3 months of photos not my whole device.

    submitted by /u/VURORA
    [link] [comments]

    Mac error "Downloading installer information to the targeted volume failed"

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    One of my family members wanted to factory reset a MacBook pro and didn't back up before wiping the hard disks, and now in recovery mode trying to download the Catalina os it shows the messege "Downloading installer information to the targeted volume failed"

    submitted by /u/Wazzer_MAN
    [link] [comments]

    This was taken as an SS on my friend’s phone, what is the moon, and what does it mean? And also, is there a way to deactivate it?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    iPhone: Will logging out of Apple ID and logging in with new ID disrupt phone service?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    My mom got her first iPhone (an 8plus) and when she was setting it up today with Consumer Wireless she used my dad's Apple ID, but now wants to create and use her own Apple ID. If she logs out of the old ID, then signs in with the new ID, will the cell # still be attached to the phone? I haven't attempted anything with it yet, told her to hold tight until I can see and try things for myself since she's quite phone illiterate. Hoping I can resolve without her having to contact tech support as she's not the most patient customer :D Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kittycars
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Calendar doesn't show my google calendar

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    I just bought an iPad and going through all the setup. I added my gmail account because I have calendars there that I want to sync on Apple's Calendar app. But it's not showing my calendars. I've check the list of calendars and it's not showing. I haven't had this problem on my iPhone. Here's the screenshot of what I'm talking about https://imgur.com/a/qcLl5dD

    Edit: I've tried to factory reset the ipad but the problem is still there

    submitted by /u/randomtalking
    [link] [comments]

    black spot on iphone 11 running ios 13.6

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    i have a black spot on the bottom left of my iphone. it is not a screen crack as it appeared randomly while i was using my phone. it doesnt appear in screenshots. im using an iphone 11 running ios 13.6. i tried turning it off and on again but its still there. does anyone know whats going on?

    submitted by /u/luxuriouscraig
    [link] [comments]

    sound quality on phone calls low

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    like i can hear them but it's really low, the only way i can properly hear someone is when i have earphones in. does anyone know what could be causing this? i have an iphone 7 plus and am up to date with updates btw

    submitted by /u/coore_tik
    [link] [comments]

    iMac won’t load past the progress bar!!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a pretty old iMac that works perfectly fine (bought it in 2016) that I don't use that often.

    Today I was using it and noticed that there was an update (from El Capitan to Catalina). The update itself took so long and I had to reboot it a few times. Now when tried to turn it on, the progress bar loads 90% of the way then stops.

    I tried rebooting it in safe mode and the progress bar loads completely but when I put my password into my account, it gets stuck on loading that (with that spinning wheel thingy, not the coloured one but the transparent one, sorry idk what it's called).

    Please help because my MacBook just broke down so I need this computer to start doing my masters disso!!

    submitted by /u/Tweenies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel