• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Apple Help Is it me? Or are Favourites and Collections not accessible in CarPlay?

    Apple Help Is it me? Or are Favourites and Collections not accessible in CarPlay?


    Is it me? Or are Favourites and Collections not accessible in CarPlay?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Bought a used MacBook Pro with Linux on it, tried to reinstall MacOS, and when I try to boot from a usb. this is the window I get. Can I get around this?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what these events just appeared in my calendar ? How do I get rid of them ?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    How do I configure a new iMac or iMac Pro? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff and could use a little crash course.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    I'll just cut straight to the point... I need something that will work well with Adobe Premiere Pro and will help me edit long form videos; I also plan to use this new iMac for music production. So, I'll definitely need a lot of storage. But... I'm really confused on what everything means. I've been using a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro for 7 years and I really don't know what all this technology really does.

    So, what are processors? What is GHz? And cores?

    And what does having more memory do? I see the iMac Pro allows you go from 32GB up to 256GB.

    And graphics... what do graphics card do and what would the ideal one be for my needs?

    And I hear a lot of YouTuber's talk about Solid State Drives (SSD)... is that just the storage that's built into the computer? How much should I get for what I plan on doing?

    Also, I'm sure I'll need external storage but how much?

    Sorry I'm really new to this type of stuff. I've been very adept at using my MB Pro but if I'm making a big upgrade, I want to know what I'm getting and I want to make sure I'm getting the ideal stuff. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eggsrsweet
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook is having trouble running more then on application

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    My Macbook Pro 2014 16gb ram is having trouble keeping open Minecraft and either discord or Brave open. Minecraft only used about 2gb of ram, so I dont think thats the issue.
    Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/Godly-Thighs
    [link] [comments]

    Soo, this random picture popped up in my photos, macbook pro 2020 13inch, please help

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Does this Dongle Support 60 fps transmission on ipad pro , has anyone tried?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    MacBook Air 2020 Audio reverberation

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Audio Reverberation

    I have a MacBook Air bought brand new a couple months ago(2020 13in macOS Catalina version 10.15.5). Recently it will be working fine and then without doing anything in the middle of an episode on Netflix, video on YouTube, etc the audio will slow down and the reverberate so that there is an echo. I've found restarting MacBook is the only thing that fixes it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/pakman1991
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of whatever's taking up storage in the "other" category?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    My iPhone 6s is completely out of storage, and looking at the storage chart in settings, almost half of whatever is taking up storage is in the "other" category. I already deleted almost all of the pictures on my phone, so I have no idea what could possibly take up that much space. If anyone knows any way to fix this, I could really use some help. If it matters, the phone is on IOS 13.5.1.

    submitted by /u/AsexualPlantMain
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t backup to my iCloud because the next backup will require over 10gb of space. I’ve already turned off the backup feature for almost all of my apps. If anyone has any advice on what I can do please let me know! (iPhone X version 13.6)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Apple ID Problem. Cannot log in since i am out of the country. Ran out of options, here’s the issue..

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Apple ID Problem

    Apple ID

    So i have this problem, i bought an iphone 11 and i used to have an iphone 7. I bought it out of my foreign country. Before i purchased it i made a backup so i can restore it in the new phone which worked fine, the problem is that since i do not have service on my sim card (because i am out of the country) i cannot receive the Apple ID verification code until i go back to my country. The thing is that i backed up the phone in my brother's computer so i will lose everything if i go without backing up.

    Any suggestions please?

    submitted by /u/cjlr095
    [link] [comments]

    Can't access FileVault SSD even though I have the key.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    I'm trying to access an SSD with FileVault. When I encrypted the drive (back in 2017) I took a picture of the key given to me and I entered the password from that picture. Unfortunately the key does not work. This is the ONLY key I have and it is for THIS drive. (I made a note in Sharpie on the SSD and it aligns exactly with the timestamp on the original picture).

    I've tried booting from the disk directly (I'm using a 5,1 Mac Pro) and booting off of my normal startup disk and mounting it via Disk Utility. Either way, I am told the key is incorrect.

    I don't know if it means anything, but the disk does have a Windows 7 (yes, that old!) partition on it which appears to be corrupted. When I boot off of the FileVault SSD, I do have access to a functioning guest account, so the OS doesn't appear to be corrupted.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/HappySausageDog
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally dropped my iPad 6th gen and the screen is cracked from the corner, I have AppleCare+ will this be covered?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    I have a starburst looking shatter on the corner of my iPad 6th gen. I have AppleCare+ as well but the Apple.com website is a little confusing as to whether an accident is covered or not. Has anyone taken in their iPad due to an accident and had it covered under AppleCare+?

    submitted by /u/pbjnutella
    [link] [comments]

    Will a 2009 work for a 1st grader?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    My first grader's chromebook is awful and lags constantly in zoom. I can't keep giving him my MacBook because I have to work. I was going to buy a new iMac, but my dad offered his 2009 iMac. I checked zoom it looks like it will work ok. We will mostly need it for zoom, google meet/classroom, and web-based education stuff. It's got a 3Ghz professor and 4GB of ram, running 10.12. The hard drive had failed, so that's been replaced.

    submitted by /u/legalpretzel
    [link] [comments]

    [Crossposted from /r/macbookpro] 2016 Macbook Pro is overheating, leading to orange hue. I cannot afford repairs right now, should I be concerned with the whole display/machine becoming unusable?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro from 2016 and have noticed an issue with over heating. Orange hues have appeared on the bottom, left and right sides, with a concentrated dark orange huge on the bottom left (this occurs whenever I charge my phone on my Macbook so I've stopped doing that).

    I am in no position to afford repairs at the moment. Is there a major possibility that my machine/display may just die entirely or become wholly unusable? If so, how long if you have had a similar experience?

    To help with the issue, I keep my machine elevated (with a roost stand) however it does very little to mitigate the overheating. The only apps I run are Safari, XCode and Spotify.

    Another user recommended I crack into it and clean the fan of dust. Would you recommend this? I feel like it would be easy for something to wrong, but I'm not sure.

    submitted by /u/confusedtaxthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    My computer stuck and now i don't have acces to my portable SSD. In disk utility drive is greyed out. Is it possible to access data?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I need help with the new update...

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    So Ive updated my Iphone 11 to update 13.6 and when it finished downloading it immediately shows an image of the cable plug to the Mac and a link to apple support. Why does this happens? Cant I update my phone without any problems? It makes no sense that I have to go through this. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mister__mister__
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro not booting got a bunch of error messages

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    I was switching out my gf's hard drive yesterday but wanted to update from yosemite to the latest os before I did but I got into this installation boot loop so I went into recovery mode to repair the disk and it's been shutting down after trying to boot the macbook within 10-15 seconds of the loading screen

    Warning: couldn't block sleep during cache update

    Warning: proceeding w/o DiskArb

    /dev/disk1 on / (hfs, local, journaled)

    BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

    BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

    BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/PreheatedUser/Login.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

    BootCacheControl: Added 32-bit shared cache to the low priority batch

    bash: /etc/rc.server: No such file or directory

    OSX FIPS Integrity Test: The /var/db/FIPS/fips_data file does not exist (2)

    FIPS USER Space POST: Integrity test failed!

    FIPS_POST failed!

    Tue Aug 11 00:50:08 2020 localhost com.apple.xpc.launched(1) <Emergency>: Boot task failed: fips

    Tue Aug 11 00:50:08 2020 localhost com.apple.xpc.launched(1) <Emergency>: Boot task failed: Shutting down in 3 seconds.

    Kext loading now diabled.

    Kext unloading now disabled.

    Kext autounloading now disabled.

    Kernal requests now disabled.

    syncing disk... Killing all processes

    continuing

    hfs: unmount initiated on Macintosh HD on device unknown device

    done

    CPU halted

    Any advice? I don't care about anything in the HD besides the photos she had like a million I'd like to get back.

    submitted by /u/jyoocp
    [link] [comments]

    Easy Question - Applying Thermal Paste

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Should I enable iCloud syncing for the Desktop and Documents folders?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Should I enable iCloud syncing for the Desktop and Documents folders on my MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.15)?

    What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of enabling this? I have 50 GB of iCloud storage.

    submitted by /u/throwaway0609191
    [link] [comments]

    Help with iCloud photo sharing

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Hello, my wife and I were on the same apple ID for ages and this allowed us to both see the photo stream on our individual iPhones. Recently she got her own apple ID which I have added to family sharing and we have iCloud photos set up. However, our photo streams have disappeared and now we can't see each others photos on our phones (only photos that we each individually took). How can we make it so we both have access to all of the pictures we've taken? Thank you

    submitted by /u/peekay427
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Terminal - Having troubles with camera and with sudo command.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    "-bash: sudo: command not found" comes up whenever I try to run "sudo killall VDCAssistant" (as my camera keeps saying "There is no connected camera."). Does anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/mysecondaccountanon
    [link] [comments]

    Hello I need help because I need this iPhone. I lost it lol

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    im posting again because theres was only 1 comment - time foe a new phone. Any other solutions? iPhone SE 1st gen, 32gb. So. the unoriginal battery swelled and the phone stopped turning on, it was like that for about 3 months. Then the battery was replaced. And now its good. But now the iPhone is already turn on (the Apple logo appears and then the screen goes dark and turns dark blue, almost black) and error 9 appears when I am trying to restore the iPhone using EVEN Mac computer. What to do? Sorry for bad English =)

    submitted by /u/Kiwi_2003
    [link] [comments]

    Clicked on a suspicious link on Google

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I was searching for something on Google and ended up clicking on a link that turned out suspicious. Once on the website, I got an alert from iOS about the website wanting to create a new entry in my calendar. I instantly quit said website. Is there anything I should do to ensure my device hasn't been compromised?

    submitted by /u/nooddd
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Maps takes people to the wrong location if using my business address, but the right location with my business name (which is linked to the same address)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Hopefully this is the right sub for this.

    Whenever someone enters my business address into Apple Maps, it takes them about 10 miles away. If they enter my business name, the same exact address pops up, but when they click it, it takes them to the right location.

    Every other GPS works properly, Android, car, etc. Only Apple Maps does this.

    Is there a way I can notify Apple to get this fixed? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tufflaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel