• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Apple TV Navigation and animation lag on ATV 4K

    Apple TV Navigation and animation lag on ATV 4K


    Navigation and animation lag on ATV 4K

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    When my ATV is set to 4K HDR, the menus and animations lag a lot and aren't smooth whatsoever. The remote's inputs seem to be really delayed as well. I'm using the Belkin HDMI Cable that Apple recommends. This doesn't happen when I set my ATV to 1080p HDR.

    Has anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/carbonatedbeans
    [link] [comments]

    Working YouTube Adblock for Apple TV?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    I have a jailbroken Apple TV. Reason for jailbreak is: Adblock! But i don't have any working adblock solution... Anyone have a working adblock in Apple TV in 2020? I trying add some repos for nitoTV but no luck....:(

    submitted by /u/wakwak652
    [link] [comments]

    VOTE! Who wishes they had bought a different brand streaming device than their Apple TV or Apple TV 4k? Who wouldn't give their Apple TV up because they love it?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    To be clear these are the 4th and 5th generation AppleTV players with the app store and Siri trackpad remote, currently known as Apple TV HD (2015) and Apple TV 4k (2017).

    I'd like to know:

    1. What other device would you pick and why? have you actually used it?
    2. What is it that that you don't like about your Apple TV?

    If you're not going to share the reason why you don't like it, your voice isn't going to be heard.

    If you have an Apple TV and other streaming devices that you are using, but you'd prefer to trade your TV for another one of the others, then vote for the other brand and tell us which and why (don't forget to tell us you have both so it's an experience-based decision). If you switched from another device to AppleTV tell us if that was a good choice or not.

    If your reasoning is geography-related, please let us know.

    If it's a problem related to your TV/monitor or sound system, please be specific with model and brand (to help others out).

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/garylapointe
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer games!!!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    My kids and I play Asphalt 8 on iPad, iPhone and appleTV. Are there any other cool games to play like that on appleTV?

    submitted by /u/Hollywood4188
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple TV 4K different enough from Firestick 4K to justify having both on the same TV?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    so, to give a bit of background information to my question, I have had the 4K Firestick for quite a while now, but there are some features that it is currently lacking (screen mirroring/airplay from an iPad) that the Apple TV 4K has, but when reading up on the latter, both appear to offer mostly the same sort of features.

    Both offer the main streaming apps and 4K Dolby vision/HDR and similar audio settings, but is there enough that the Apple TV 4K has that could justify the much higher price tag?

    i only want the ability to see iTunes Extras on my TV for all my 4k films purchased on the platform and airplay appears to not be compatible with my Firestick or my 55" 4K Panasonic OLED TV, but I am undecided on whether airplay/iTunes Extras alone is enough to justify buying a second streaming stick/box for the same TV?

    For any owners of both streaming devices or just Apple TV 4K, is there any workaround behind my airplay issue or are there more features exclusive to the Apple TV 4K that can definitely only be utilised on ATV4K that could justify the existence of another streaming device plugged into my TV?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Unitedfan619
    [link] [comments]

    Screen after pausing/ Airplay/Network Screen

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    This Screen displays so fast! How can I change that setting??? It's not the screensaver. I'll be watching a show and pause it. Within just a few minutes it goes to this screen. From here I have to actually go back 'into' the app I was streaming from and hit the show again. I pause a lot and this is such a pain and got to be something I am missing. Help 🙂 Thank you!

    submitted by /u/KNMeeee
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV game with character that walks around solving puzzles/challenges?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    I recently read about an AppleTV games where the character walks around and solves puzzles or mysteries. I thought it was called "Life" or "Alive" or similar, but now can't find it. Any idea what game it is?

    I recall the reviews on App Store said the game is $5, available for iPad and iOS, but in the App Store it was free with in-app purchases.

    submitted by /u/IPThereforeIAm
    [link] [comments]

    I think my ATV4 is cooked. Could someone give me any advice.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    So this morning I went to turn on my ATV 4, I pressed the menu button as I normally would.....and nothing. I tried pressing other buttons to see if they would work but they didn't.

    The only thing that worked was the volume button. I'm not sure where to go from here.

    Edit: I've unplugged and plugged back in. Still no luck.

    submitted by /u/Somerandomdickhead
    [link] [comments]

    LG OLED 55E9 with Apple TV 4k

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    We've been loving our Apple TV 4K on our 10 year old Panasonic. We also are excited with the great deal we found on last year's LG 55E9. We are creating a "wall" for it, and would love some advice on the following before mounting/using the LG with Apple TV 4K:

    1) we want to avoid using the "smart features" of the tv, (Google Assistant/Alexa) and only use the Apple TV 4K - I believe that after setup, I can turn off the internet on the tv, and the Apple TV 4K will still work? (This is the first smart tv we've owned, so bear with my lack of knowledge on this.)

    2) the speakers are supposed to be very good on the E9, and but if we want to upgrade, we would likely need speakers, but it seems as if they all have smart connectivity. Again, we don't want to use those smart features. However, I have been looking at the Sonos Playbar, which is Apple friendly, and I am assuming will have a great Black Friday deal, since they are discontinuing it. I like the way it interacts with Apple for music. Have anyone here had experience with Sonos with Apple TV 4K?

    3) Anyone had a positive experience with the "Magic Remote" of the LG working/syncing with their Apple TV 4K?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MumziDarlin
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use multiple languages for text input on Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Next Up is taking me to iTunes TV store pages for episodes instead of launching the episode in its channel or app?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Been experiencing this with the Comedy Central AppleTV channel and the Boomerang app.

    submitted by /u/BasementDweller3000
    [link] [comments]

    Turner apps no longer support Up Next?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    The Up Next integration in the TV app no longer works for me with TBS or TNT. It used to work fairly reliably but stopped working about a month ago. I have reset and reconnected the apps to TV app, but it's still not working.

    Does anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/verdi1987
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app (on MacOS) no longer uses Seasons folders to organize media?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    I recently redid my Plex/rr/docker setup and all is right with the world... with one exception. I came from an iTunes library from yeas and years ago. When I started using Plex, I would still let iTunes organize my media and just had Plex pointed to iTunes > Media > TV Shows or iTunes > Media > Movies. etc. etc.

    With a clean install of macOS Catalina going I figured I'd break the iTunes dependency (per the wishes of the almighty Apple Gods) and and let the TV app manage TV Shows and Movies under its library and leave iTunes/Music for music under its library. Previously iTunes organized media to the tune of: TV Shows folder > Series Folder > Season Folder > episodes. Now for whatever reason, it removes the seasons folders and just dumps all episodes into the Series folder (e.g. TV Shows folder > Series Folder > All episodes). (see attached)

    The same is true for movies... all movie just just dumped into the root Movie folder and no longer organized into subdolders by name. This obviously doesn't matter as much but still wanted to point it out.

    Has anyone else seen this behavior and/or know of a way to change it so it maintains Seasons folders?

    submitted by /u/mportelos
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet bricked my AppleTV

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Looking for any suggestions..... I recently moved my modem into the same room as my Apple TV 4k and decided to use the Ethernet cable to give it a stronger connection. Fast forward to yesterday and the AppleTV says there's no internet connection.

    I checked all the settings, the modem, other devices are working fine, etc. So I reset the modem, no change. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and the AppleTV still says it's connected to Ethernet and won't allow me to switch to WiFi. So, I did a factory reset (without update since it won't connect to internet) and still no change. Still says it's connected to Ethernet. Now I'm stuck in setup since there's no connection.

    Any other suggestions on trying to fix this? I'm hoping there's a fix, I've seen a lot of forum posts about Ethernet issues, but in all the scenarios I've seen, wifi was still working. Is there a way to get it back on wifi that I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/DisDev
    [link] [comments]

    In my humble opinion...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    I got an year free subscription of Apple TV+ for purchasing apple products.

    IMHO Apple TV+ is like a like carnival ground entrance with an entry fee of $4.99 (for now) and end up paying for every ride and for food. Then there is a question of why do we pay for $4.99? It is to watch the butterflies and grass on the carnival ground. Most of the contents are far inferior than any Netflix or Amazon original contents. I am ready to watch the Netflix's utter flop show 'Space Force' 100 times than 'For All Man Kind'. Similarly I would have peace of mind by watching 'War Machine' over the poor quality & boring 'Greyhound'.

    UI is a disaster and other service providers could learn from Apple TV+ for how not to create an UI.

    Apple TV+ is not even worth for $0.499 and a complete garbage.

    submitted by /u/rastha2
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming radio stations?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Is there any way to listen to radio station streams with an Apple TV? It's a simple enough thing to do with any web browser but I haven't figured it out with my ATV yet.

    submitted by /u/RighteousWaffles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel