• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 26]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 26]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [June 26]

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [June 26]

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TikTok to stop reading user clipboards after being exposed by iOS 14 privacy feature

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I can’t get over how AMAZING the iPhone feels without a CASE!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    I've been an avid case user for years and sometime last year I went "case-less" for a while with my iPhone X and I loved it! It wasn't until I bought an iPhone 11 that I went back to a case because it was "brand new and shiny". However now that I've owned the phone a while and gone through a few cases (Mous limitless— excellent case mind you, and a cheap thin case from amazon) I finally wanted to try the dangerous life again with no case and the fact that my Mous case died and my amazon thin case lost its "grip" ability I figured now was the time.

    It's awesome. I love it!

    Yes it can be slippery at times (hello dry hands) but overall it feels soooo nice and although I don't have apple care for accidental damage (oops) I still feel confident in its ability to withstand some sort of damage If dropped. Only time will tell.

    Who else is rocking the no case look with a newer phone?

    submitted by /u/RogueOps
    [link] [comments]

    A list of all iOS 14 supported devices

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    The position of the number and emoji key on the landscape keyboard has finally been swapped!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Apple gets it. Privacy has a user experience problem

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    This is cool!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Your iPhone has a map that shows everywhere you've got in the past few months

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    OS 14 Demo Offline Voice to Text Dictation

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Apple announces new ‘Car Keys’ that will let you wirelessly unlock your car

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    New iOS 14 Local Network Privacy Restrictions

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Remember when the App Store first came out? Also, asking for suggestions.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I do poorly at organizing and deleting unnecessary apps on my phone that I get stressed with how cluttered my home screen gets. So much to the point where I reminisce about the good days when the App Store originally launched on the iPhone and there were only like a handful of decent apps at launch. It was such a frenzy, a normal topic of conversation would be to discuss what new app everyone had on their phone. Pretty sure everyone downloaded Angry Birds, amirite. Anyway, the reason I'm here is to ask how to keep things tidy? How often do you guys do an app clean out? I think I need a cleanse.

    I have about 90-100 apps in various categories and want to limit my home screen pages to 2. Screen one (true home screen) I like to limit apps to only the first two rows and then screen two usually becomes a dumpster fire of apps I've thrown in folders so it doesn't clutter up my screen in that moment. Any advice for a digital hoarder?

    submitted by /u/rt897k
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Continues Store Closures Amid Covid-19 Spike, Now Shuttering 14 Locations in Florida

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    iOS 14 Keynote in less than 8 minutes

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Any good iPhone Navigation Apps that Use gpx Tracks?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I'm going ADV riding in late July and my TomTom Via is too old to take tracks. Any suggestions appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pfjohns
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard app recommendation

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Can anyone recommend a keyboard app that will auto-predict my email address as soon as I start typing it? My android device does this, but I can't seem to get my iPhone to do it. I installed GBoard but it doesn't seem to do it either. Does it take awhile for it to "learn" how to do it? It's driving me crazy. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Toddcraft
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for good voice app

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    I'm hosting a teach-in and there may be people to counter our presence. Is there an app where I could speak into my iPhone mic and in real time it plays for the crowd into their headphones/ear phones? Like a silent disco?

    submitted by /u/Thagomizer96
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about current state of iOS

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Hi guys. Android user here.

    Keeping it short: Thinking about switching to iOS when the iPhone 12 comes out.

    1. Do I really need to use iTunes to transfer data? I have an MSI laptop.
    2. Do iPhones really have bad signal? I don't live in the US. So GSM for me.
    3. Are they really smooth? I have heard that i.e Samsung smartphones won't get slower after a year as they usted to.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/El_Nino1604V
    [link] [comments]

    Undo + Redo on iPhone

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Is there a better way to undo than shaking your phone violently? If not why not make an undo + redo button appear when you hold the space bar? Might that be a possibility in future iOS releases?

    submitted by /u/NewbQuery
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel