• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    iPad I really wish the new Spotlight worked like this...

    iPad I really wish the new Spotlight worked like this...


    I really wish the new Spotlight worked like this...

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    I tried to make a concept for a calculator app on the iPad. Opinions?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Low power mode in iPadOS 14! Can only be toggled on by Siri

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Craig Federighi on why the iPad doesn’t have stock Calculator or Weather apps, Apple Watch with iPad

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    The ‘NEW’ iPad calculator is here (you can ofc copy the result)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    Anyone else subscribe to Apple News + ?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Just purchased a subscription and have found the on my iPad Pro 12.9 it's perfect if you like reading magazines and such . I never used it on my iPhone 11PM. With the iPad layout IMO compliments the service perfectly !

    Any others subscribers?

    submitted by /u/nogoalov11
    [link] [comments]

    Guess the most powerful video editing machine I have on that table . (It’s the iPad Pro)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Trying out Scribble with Pythonista

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    Anyone else struggling with the Reddit update on iPad?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Anyone having this issue on iPad? When I try to comment or reply I get the text box to show up and my floating keyboard comes up. I write my comment and then I can't find the dang send, submit, post whatever button to finish what I wrote. I just can't find it! How is it gone?!

    submitted by /u/MoChuang
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having Wifi connectivity issues?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    At some point I believe with one of the recent iOS 13 updates, my 6th-gen iPad has intermittent connection issues.

    Sometimes when I connect to a new AP, the internet doesn't work (games can't connect to server, websites don't load in Safari). If I turn the wifi off and re-connect to the same AP, sometimes it works, and other times I need to repeat this 3+ times in order for it to work.

    This happens with APs and my iPhone's hotspot, and also happens with or without Wireguard (VPN) being installed.

    I haven't heard of this being some kind of widespread problem, but does anyone know what the issue might be?

    submitted by /u/Esp724
    [link] [comments]

    In Defense of the Brydge Pro + Keyboard:

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    I had had my Brydge Pro keyboard for roughly a year when Apple announced full mouse and trackpad support for iPadOS, as well as the launch of their new Magic Keyboard and trackpad case for the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pros. At this point, my Brydge Pro keyboard had served me well. Despite people's complaints of the keys being unresponsive and the hinges damaging their iPads, I had experienced no such problems with mine. Then again, I rarely had my iPad attached to the keyboard. Normally, I keep my iPad on a stand above my keyboard like a miniature iMac setup, and only connected the two when I had to travel.

    However, the lack of full trackpad support was something I really missed and dearly wanted. I don't own any Bluetooth mice. I have cerebral palsy and limited fine-motor skills, so mice and I have never really gotten along; they're too hard for me to manipulate. As far as I could tell, the only stand alone trackpad option available then (and now) is Apple's Magic Trackpad 2, whose $129 price was too difficult for me to justify. Instead, I used Voice Control to navigate my iPad most of the time, since my iPad was too high up for me to comfortably navigate manually. For the most part, Voice Control worked fine; the only issues were when Voice Control didn't recognize a button existed, like the "Keep Watching" tab in the Hulu app, or when it turned off during Zoom and FaceTime calls and wouldn't turn back on after the call was over. That forced me to go into settings and turn Voice Control off and on again after every video call, which, as you can imagine during the pandemic, was frequently.

    I knew I needed a keyboard with an integrated trackpad, the only question was whether I buy Apple's new Magic Keyboard case, or Brydge's new Brydge Pro +. After taking a cursory look at reviews and comparison videos online, the answer seemed simple: the Magic Keyboard case was clearly superior. However, I quickly discovered that the Magic Keyboard case only connected via the iPad Pro's smart connector, meaning I would always have to use it in a laptop-type setup. Since the entire reason I purchased an iPad Pro was to improve my posture by having my screen separate from and above my keyboard at home, while also having the portability of a laptop to take with me, the Magic Keyboard case would defeat this purpose. I briefly considered buying the standalone Magic Trackpad again, but I didn't want to have to use two different charging cables for my keyboard and trackpad. Plus, it would take up more space on my desk that already has my iPhone and wireless charger, Nintendo Switch, and other miscellaneous items on it in addition to my iPad and keyboard. Fitting a separate trackpad in would require I do some major cleaning and reorganizing, which, quite frankly, I'm too lazy to do.

    So, I took another look at the Brydge Pro + reviews. The main issue people had with the trackpad was the lack of support for multitouch gestures and the lagginess of two-finger scrolling. Again, since I have limited fine-motor skills, I couldn't use any gestures that would require three or more fingers. As for two-finger scrolling, I'd probably only use that in apps that don't support scrolling with directional keys, so that wasn't a huge issue for me. (Side note: I'm surprised more third-party apps don't allow you to scroll with hardware keyboards' direction keys. Maybe the popularity of the Magic Keyboard will encourage them to add it?) In the end, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Brydge Pro +. If I really didn't like it, I could always return it.

    Thankfully, I do like it, and the added trackpad makes my iPad easier and more convenient to use than ever. The keyboard is very responsive. Despite using Bluetooth, there's no discernible lag when typing; I've also never had an issue with keystrokes going unrecognized. (However, I do type slower than most people, since I only use my left and right index fingers.) For clicking and dragging, the trackpad works great—which is what I use it for most of the time, anyway. Two-finger scrolling also works, though it isn't as smooth as with the Magic Keyboard's trackpad, even with the "Reduce Motion" feature enabled. But it gets the job done, which is all I really need. Since Brydge keyboards all have an added row of function keys, you can tap the keyboard's "home" button once to return the home screen and twice to open the app switcher, which is an alternative to the Magic Keyboard's three-fingered gestures that I find easier to use. Plus, you can also control your iPad screen's brightness, keyboard backlight brightness, bring up the virtual keyboard, and play/pause/fast-forward videos and music easily. Aesthetically speaking, I also prefer the Brydge Pro +'s aluminum build to the Magic Keyboard case's polyurethane one. People who have used Macs prefer the Magic Keyboard's scissor-switch keys and trackpad that's clickable anywhere, but since I've never used a Mac and had a Windows laptop with a diving-board mechanism trackpad prior to getting my iPad Pro, Brydge's keyboard and trackpad work great for me. The experience is comparable to what I had on my laptop.

    In fact, the only complaint that I have is that I don't get anywhere near the maximum three-month battery life that Brydge promises. I had to charge it after only two-and-a-half weeks, which isn't entirely surprising since my iPad is my main computer; I use it the vast majority of the day, every day. I'm not upset about the battery life so much as I wish Brydge would state under which conditions you could get three months of battery life. Charging the keyboard itself isn't difficult, especially since it uses the same type of charger the third and fourth generation iPad Pros do. You just have to remember to bring at least one charger with you if you're leaving the house.

    TL;DR: The Brydge Pro + keyboard is a premium, but $100-$120 less expensive alternative to Apple's Magic Keyboard case if you want a keyboard with an integrated trackpad that can be used separately from your iPad Pro, or if you won't really use the trackpad gestures supported by the Magic Keyboard's trackpad. In my opinion, it's far better than many reviewers make it out to be.

    *It's worth noting that Brydge recently tweeted about a new, similar keyboard to the Brydge Pro + that will be released for the Microsoft Surface in August. Unlike the Brydge Pro +, this keyboard's "precision trackpad" supports all multitouch gestures including two, three, and four-fingered gestures, as well as pinch-to-zoom. When someone replied saying that this new keyboard is a "kick in the balls" to all Brydge Pro + owners whose trackpads lack the same capabilities, Brydge responded: "[A]ll of our trackpads are actually full multi-touch, it's just that our Windows firmware unlocks the full functionality of the hardware." This statement implies something I myself had suspected: Apple was purposefully limiting the capabilities of third-party mice and trackpads to make their own (more expensive) option look the best. I read comments from several people complaining that scrolling with non-Apple Bluetooth mice was choppy and laggy, suggesting to me that the issue was not with Brydge but with Apple. Furthermore, Logitech's $150 Combo Touch, whose trackpad was created in conjunction with Apple and supports all multitouch gestures, is only available for the 10.5" iPad Pro, the third gen. iPad Air, and seventh gen. iPad. I think it's highly unlikely we'll see a Combo Touch compatible with more recent iPad Pros, as that would put them in direct competition with Apple's Magic Keyboard case.

    submitted by /u/clairemct
    [link] [comments]

    Calculator on the widget screen (?)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Hey there guys!
    I saw the other day (I dont know where, if here or on Twitter) someone with a calculator on the widget page screen thing (https://i.imgur.com/UVr8qrk.png) <- this
    Does anyone know what the app is called? Because if Im correct here is no natural calculator on the iPad, like coming from Apple

    submitted by /u/dodingoh
    [link] [comments]

    What iOS version is best for iPad 2 in 2020?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I have an old iPad 2 still on iOS 6.0.1. It appears that if I update from the iPad itself, I can get iOS 8.4.1, and if I go from iTunes I would jump straight to 9.3.5.

    I was happy keeping the old iOS for a long time, just slowly used it less and less. The device doesn't seem to have aged in terms of performance for downloaded, offline apps, but online features have been getting worse and worse. For a long time I was using this primarily as an e-reader, and that still works quite well. Now, my primary use is for downloading images off the internet and opening in Photos for art reference, but even Google Image Search is pretty broken.

    All browsers I still have on this 6.0.1 iPad 2 are pretty worthless on the internet of 2020. Pages aren't slow to load, but rather never load at all or load in a format that is unusable. Would I expect more functional internet access (most importantly, image search and download) on iOS 8 or 9? Does YouTube in-browser work any better in the newer versions? (I understand that the YouTube app has been discontinued for 9.3.5 already). On iOS 6.0.1, I can play videos, but features like rewind don't work properly.

    I'm not interested in buying a new iPad in the near future. But I'm hoping to extend the functional life of this one just a little bit longer. iOS 6.0.1, 8.4.1, or 9.3.5?

    submitted by /u/onlydaysago
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else find it ridiculous that we have desktop websites by default yet still have the “open app” prompt?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Dictation in iMessage?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Apologies if this is a ridiculously basic question. I am not seeing an option to use dictation in iMessage on the iPad Pro 2020. I am using the Magic Keyboard.

    On the iPhone, there is the microphone icon right below my keyboard that allows for speech to text dictation. I'm not seeing that microphone icon anywhere in iMessage on the iPad. "Enable Dictation" is turned on in Settings, and dictation works in other apps.

    Thanks very much ahead of time!

    submitted by /u/darbbailey
    [link] [comments]

    Just sharing the pencil sleeve I am using right now. Grippy and doesn’t affect the tap feature of pencil 2.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Apple Pencil Battery Question

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Hi, so I have sent my iPad to Apple for a repair which is still ongoing since almost 2 months ago. I still have my Apple Pencil with me and I have charged it through cable once since then. Is it okay to leave it uncharged for such a long period?

    submitted by /u/YaBoiiNic
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever tried a 30w charger on a iPad 10.2 ?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    I know this model doesn't support fast charging, but when I visit online apple store it suggest me 30w usb charger as "compatible" with my device. Has anyone ever tried it? Does the time of recharge gets shortened?

    Original apple charger is 10W so it needs around 5 hours to get 100% battery level. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/ultraformaggio
    [link] [comments]

    For those with their new toys, learn how to put light weight Django on your iPad in under 5 min

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    While i will agree that the iPad is not yet a sole programming device, the experience has gotten better with better applications. Some users asked me whether the iPad was capable of running Django so here is a quick 5 min run down. My advise would be to run it with git control so you can access it from a variety of devices and do some of the more lighter and less intense programming while on the go using an iPad or iPad Pro

    https://youtu.be/R4knhLsEQgc

    submitted by /u/sks8100
    [link] [comments]

    How’s your iPad Magic Keyboard holding up after two months?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    It's my first week with the Magic Keyboard and they have been phenomenal, breathing new life for my one year old 2018 iPad Pro.

    However, the Alcantara material isn't holding too well with dust (already collect dust on the first week and it's hard to clean it up) and my hand palm and i notice it would wear off easily. In addition, my 2018 smart keyboard folio loses most of its texture already despite handling it very very carefully. So I just want to know... how is your magic keyboard holding up?

    submitted by /u/iidxtricoro
    [link] [comments]

    iPad might very well be the primary computing device of apple in the coming future.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Now that apple is moving to ARM architecture, developers have to re design their software in order to embrace this change. Since iPad is already running in the ARM based architecture, what this basically means better support for software for the iPadOS too. We all know that software support was the only thing that's holding the iPads behind. In the future if iPad supports all the softwares which their MacOS supports, then this essentially makes it that there is no point of existence for the 13" Macbook devices. Of course this is hoping that they improve iPadOS to the level of MacOS. If my speculations are true they very well might merge these two computing device into one or might ditch their laptop line up completely. Like what they did to their iPods when iPhone was introduced.

    When they announced new iPad Pro, their slogan was "Your next laptop will not be a laptop". When I heard this first I felt this was just stupid, why wouldn't they say whatever they are trying to say in a straightforward manner. But now I think this is not just a marketing catch phrase, but a hint to what they have in their mind. And Apple releasing trackpad support and magic keyboard clearly points towards this. And another thing is if Apple does it, then the rest of the companies will eventually follow the trend eg: Buttonless trackpad, notch, removal of number pad in smartphone, removal of headphone jack etc. So Apple's shift to ARM architecture may very well shape the future of computing devices. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/DrDewDrop
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best Terminal-app for the iPad to run Python Anaconda and Jupyter notebooks?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    I'm currently using iTerm on the Mac or online Python and Jupyter notebooks. But it would be great to work offline or when the connection is intermittent.

    Is anyone of you guys using a great solution for that?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/aspublic
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling Restrictions

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    How do I disable restrictions set on my iPad? Every website I go on says to hit the "Restrictions" button under General in Settings. However, that button does not exist. It's not as if the restrictions don't exist, as I cannot clear my search history or sign out, due to these restrictions. So, how do I get rid of them? I know the password, but I can't figure out where to put it in. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Lonewolf421
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel