• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Apple TV No 5.1 in HBOMAX App

    Apple TV No 5.1 in HBOMAX App


    No 5.1 in HBOMAX App

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having issues getting 5.1 audio on anything via HBOMAX? I don't seem to see it listed on anything via the app which tells me HBO really was lazy in porting the app to the ATV. Really disappointing considering it's the #1 platform available with Roku not currently supporting HBOMAX.

    submitted by /u/colemad5
    [link] [comments]

    Showtime login issues

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    As part of my Comcast subscription, I get showtime. I'm able to login to the showtime anytime app with my Xfinity login on my phone. But, on my TV, I can't figure out how to use that same login to access Showtime through my Apple TV app. Has anyone else figured out how to do it?

    I have an LGC9. All apps are up-to-date as well as the firmware for the TV

    submitted by /u/RichterNYR35
    [link] [comments]

    New appleTV and HDMI 2.1

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I'm in the market for a new tv.

    I just purchased a Sonos arc and my bargain, Vizio 4K tv from 2017 that I got from Craigslist to hold me over till I can upgrade to something awesome doesn't even support Dolby Digital+. Can't even get lossy Atmos, only DD 5.1.

    I want a new tv with eArc so I can get Atmos, yay!

    I watch everything through the appleTV 4K and I have a PS4 I barely use.

    I'm in a bright living room so I want a bright tv and I narrowed it down to a Sony 950H. It has eArc but no HDMI 2.1. The 900H will eventually get HDMI 2.1 but the 950H is the better tv for brightness and processing.

    How likely is the next appleTV to get HDMI 2.1 and will I be kicking myself if I didn't get a tv with HDMI 2.1? What will I be missing out on?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/artichokeblossom
    [link] [comments]

    Turning on soundbar issue

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    So I have a Bose solo 5 soundbar attached to my tv via the optical cable and my Apple TV connected to my arc hdmi on my tv.

    My Apple TV can turn on my tv and toggle the sound up and down on the sound bar but for the life of me it won't turn on my Sound bar. Have you guys had this issue/ how did you fix it?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/BrawnyLoggia
    [link] [comments]

    Did Apple remove the darkened background when not touching the remote in tvOS 14?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    First of, I know tvOS 14 is in beta and instability and bugs are to be expected, I'm just curious if it's a bug or a "feature".

    So in iOS 13 when you don't touch the remote on the homescreen for a couple of seconds everything besides the icon you're currently hovering on would be darkened and the current app icon would stand out more. I always thought this was a subtle yet clever detail but since I upgraded to tvOS 14 beta 1 this feature seems to be gone/disabled).

    Does anyone have an idea if it's intentional?

    submitted by /u/tychoregter
    [link] [comments]

    Now or wait

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Want to move to an Apple TV from an android box.

    A couple of questions.

    1. Any idea if a new one is coming out this year and if so, what are the rumoured features?
    2. either way is the latest one good for a few more years?
    submitted by /u/tfcjuveyyz
    [link] [comments]

    Match content question

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Hey so I have my Apple TV set to match content and it had been working perfectly with my tv switching to HDR mode only on HDR content but recently (not sure if there was an update or something) it's now showing HDR on everything even SDR content and its very annoying. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Diode_Slayer
    [link] [comments]

    cSociety is a chrome extension that adds a chat window to your netflix, amazon prime and apple tv+ page

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Watch movies & chat easily with others around the world. Unlike netflix party which is for people you already know, this extension allows you to connect with people with similar interested in public chatrooms which are themed by genre.

    cSociety is a chrome extension that adds a chat window to your netflix, amazon prime and apple tv+ page enabling you to chat to others all around the world who are watching the same show/movie, with our unique "Watch Together" feature. You can also enter any genre themed room based on what you like or what you're watching, & connect with others. The only way to #Quarantine&Chill

    HOW IT WORKS

    • Install the cSociety extension

    • Go to www.Netflix.com, Amazon Prime Video or Apple TV+ . Choose any show or movie you would like to watch and start playing the video. The cSociety extension will load automatically – click on "guest login" to experience cSociety as a guest user OR Sign up for an account by going to www.csociety.co > Sign up

    • You'll be redirected to the lobby where you can see the most popular shows everyone is watching & join the conversation. Check out our "WATCH TOGETHER" feature which lets you connect & chat to others currently watching the same show/movie in real time. You can also join any genre chat room and engage with other users.

    • Enjoy! #Quarantine&Chill

    COMPATIBLE WITH: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video & Apple Tv+

    submitted by /u/james13h
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel