• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    macOS Apparently macOS Big Sur is 10.16 internally

    macOS Apparently macOS Big Sur is 10.16 internally


    Apparently macOS Big Sur is 10.16 internally

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Digging the new UI but the icons... Another "is this the same design language" moment!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    How long before someone gets macOS running on an iPad Pro?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    With macOS now running on ARM, how long do you think it will be before someone gets Big Sur or future macOS versions running on an iPad Pro?

    submitted by /u/Sleep_E_Bear
    [link] [comments]

    Impossible to change Big Sur icons

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    After trying all the methods that I know, LitleIcon, Changing owner of the app to be able to create one with Catalina's ".icns", does not stop.

    Disabling SIP does not work, although I mount the volume to give write privileges in system files, apparently it is patched by Apple (that is, the SIP is no longer good for anything).

    After searching the internet, ALL the methods that formerly did not work any !!

    It seems that Apple did it willingly to screw us with the icons of Big Sur.

    I stay in Mojave until someone finds a solution

    Mojave icons (.icns)

    submitted by /u/RobyRew
    [link] [comments]

    terminal starting with ~

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    terminal starting with ~

    Hi everyone, is there a way to change that ~ that the terminal is starting with?

    I tried to change things around in something called PATH and then this happened.

    I would appreciate any help.

    https://preview.redd.it/elcazz7tdm751.png?width=660&format=png&auto=webp&s=34677f4ebf80c89032af3b3613d240ae2e697ba3

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/k4reemMoustafa
    [link] [comments]

    Battery dies too soon with new Macbook Pro? I have been using it for 1 year and battery lasts only 4 hours. Is this normal?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    I got my new Macbook Pro last year. It's 2017 model but it's brand new. So it has been 1 year that i am using it. I'm not using it all day, only at night for few hours.

    Recently i realized that i have to keep my laptop plugged in charger more often. So i decide to see how long my battery goes on without charging it. I fully recharged it until it becomes %100. Then i note the time: 18.27. Then i started to using it. I watched netflix, browse reddit, read tweets etc.. No heavy stuff like rendering, coding, designing etc..

    And my battery was out (%1) when the clock hits 22.35. So total number of hours that i can use my laptop was around 4 hours. Is this normal for s brand new, 1 year used Macbook Pro? Appreciate your comments.

    submitted by /u/testimoni
    [link] [comments]

    Did anybody order the DGRule hub from Kickstarter? Does it work? Or is it a lemon?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Before this weeks announcement ...

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Big Sur running fine on my MBA 11” 2015, installation process is a hassle though

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    How to get rid of 81GB of purgeable space!

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I'm trying to install big sur on my mac and I currently have 125gb of free space. But when it comes to the installation of the OS it says i only have 44gb of free space in my HD, while the data part of my hd has 125gb. How do i solve this? How can i use the purgable space?

    submitted by /u/JhinKay
    [link] [comments]

    Peak Finder is OS X Finder

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Why does system take up so much space?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    And what stuff do I have to delete to reduce it

    submitted by /u/RagnaroFirelord
    [link] [comments]

    I'm on Mojave on my old mac, and Pages just updated itself. Thank god the icon did not change, and i have to say the new intro screen is better than i expected actually.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Using Big Sur Icons on iOS

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011 OS Question

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011 currently running Hight Sierra. I primarily use this for music and Logic Pro X. I see that Logic has a new update but it is not compatible with my Mac due to the OS.

    Does anyone know if a safe and effective way to run Catalina on this Mac? Or to somehow force the update of Logic with the current High Sierra OS?

    submitted by /u/_SweetBoxyBrown_
    [link] [comments]

    Still lukewarm on the new icons, but...

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    What happened to the calculator widget?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    By far the most used widget for me is now gone in macOS Big Sur Beta

    submitted by /u/challenge_accepted12
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a macOS standalone app that has search folders like Liferea (Linux app)? (automatically search through feeds for articles that meet defined search terms.)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Big Sur's UI is too white

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Come on, Apple, read the room.

    Seriously, though, the windows in light mode are white or damn close. I'd rather have light grey windows (apart from content areas, text fields, etc) in light mode than use dark mode, in which I have a hard time reading light text on the dark background.

    submitted by /u/jon_hendry
    [link] [comments]

    2016 WWDC again Big Sur was mentioned!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Trying to transfer files from one external drive to another but keep getting this error. I have closed almost every app but I can’t seem to figure out why it’s in use. (Running Catalina 10.15.5)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Trying to get my MacBook Pro early 2015 from Sierra to Catalina. First time Macbook user

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    not sure how to update and every way ive tried it says no update available

    submitted by /u/KebzYT
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Can I change VM or swap location?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    So my question is if I can change swap file or virtual memory location, to another disk for example, and does the other disk needs to be formatted for MacOS or NTFS one works?

    submitted by /u/AhmedAzaizeh
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have Auto Dark Mode not working on Catalina 10.15.5?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I have a new 16" MacBook Pro that's updated to the latest version of Catalina. I've noticed that the Auto Dark Mode functionality isn't working for me. I've tried resetting my SMC, PVRAM/NVRAM, turning on night shift, manually setting my location & time zone (rather than auto) in system preferences, and even just restarting my Mac. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this bug and found a fix so that Auto Dark Mode works as expected (switches the system UI from light to dark short time after sunset). Weirdly, I do notice my Catalina Dynamic Wallpaper will adjust accordingly from light -> dark throughout the day, just the not the actual system dark mode.

    submitted by /u/undergradhere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel