• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    Apple Macbook Isn't it Beautiful?

    Apple Macbook Isn't it Beautiful?


    Isn't it Beautiful?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Is it a bad idea to buy a new Macbook Pro after the ARM announcement?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Have been planning buying a new MacBook Pro this year, but now I am not sure. Is it a bad idea to buy a new Intel based MacBook Pro at this moment?

    submitted by /u/neufski
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Display Adapters

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with only 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports.

    I need to connect 2 monitors (both HDMI connections), the power supply, and another USB-C device.

    Really need some recommendations before I try buying stuff on Amazon to test.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rgkdragon
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade panels on a 2011 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    To something higher res from a newer model like a 2013 or something?

    submitted by /u/Corn-Doge
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air build Q: i5 256 GB 16GB RAM vs. i5 512 GB 8GB RAM (same price)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I'm looking at the new 2020 Macbook Air to replace my still functioning 2012 i5 Macbook Air with 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM.

    I noticed that the lower tier Macbook with some upgrades is the same price as the 2nd tier Macbook:

    Build 1 ($1,299):

    • i5 (upgrade) 1.1GHz +$100
    • 256 GB SSD (stock)
    • 16GB RAM (upgrade) +$200

    Build 2 ($1,299)

    • i5 (stock) 1.1 GHz
    • 512 GB (stock)
    • 8GB RAM (stock)

    My question is, is the extra RAM worth it? My current Macbook from 2012 has VERY similar specs to the 2020 (i5, 256GB, 8GB RAM) and hoped to have some upgrade. I recall that RAM will likely have the biggest impact on speed and performance, and I could get by with 256GB.

    submitted by /u/personalfinance21
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the macbook pro and usb

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I need a new computer for college and I think I'm going with the 13 inch pro with 16gb of ram and 512gb of storage. The specs there are college requirements. I also have a mic and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 that I use to record music on my PC (I'm learning Reaper).

    My interface connects through USB, the Pro doesn't have any usb ports, correct? If so, are there cables which will go straight from usb to lightning? I fumbled with the adaptor a long time before getting headphones, and hated keeping track of it. I'd really like to not have to worry about adaptors anymore. Also, I feel like an adaptor could slow down transfer speed and give some latency.

    Is the back to school deal currently going? I think I read somewhere that it was and you get a free pair of airpods, but I'd feel really stupid getting a laptop for 1700 to have it go on sale the day later.

    submitted by /u/jhrich02
    [link] [comments]

    Is this 2019 Macbook on Ebay a scam?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    So, recently I have been browsing Ebay to find a good Macbook to use. The computer I am currently using is not in the best condition, and so I was looking for a Macbook that would be good for my needs.

    I was looking for anywhere from 2012-present with 16 gb ram, at least 256 ssd, and $400 or less. I found a Macbook that seems good, but I am wondering if it is a scam.

    It is a 2019 Macbook Pro 15.4" with 512gb ssd, 16gb of ram, with an intel core i9 processor, and amd radeon pro 560x gpu. The starting price for a 5 day auction, is $102.50, with a shipping price of $63.52 from LA.

    Is this is a scam? I am not familiar with buying used Macbooks, as I am a life-long Windows user.

    Here are some pictures: https://ibb.co/80cpLP4, https://ibb.co/9rCnvpK, https://ibb.co/Pwgfr2G

    Thank you so much for your help! :)

    submitted by /u/kaimamaster1315
    [link] [comments]

    Thermals

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    So I am replacing my 2015 15 in MBP, with a 2019 16 in MBP. And I'm wondering if the thermals got better or worse in the last five years.

    submitted by /u/Mnigma4
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook intensive work

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro fans run really loud when i do more demanding work like video editing. Should i be concerned I'm damaging the laptop?

    submitted by /u/drew363788
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16" Fall 2020 Intel 10th Gen Update?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    As Apple moves gradually to their own silicon in 2021, will there be one last "hurrah" with Intel and their 10th generation CPUs this fall? The 9980HK CPU is currently the fastest CPU one can configure with the MacBook Pro 16", but I would be willing to wait a few months for a little spec bump and get one with the 10980HK.

    submitted by /u/ringmaster555
    [link] [comments]

    ARM Macbook or Intel Macbook for a CS Student?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    So I plan to start university as a CS Major from this fall and I was originally planning to buy a 2020 Macbook pro 13 inch. It felt like a good option as I had interest in ios development and there was always bootcamp for light gaming ( not like a mac can support much :p ) or using windows exclusive applications/development.

    But now Apple announced that their first MAC lineup will be launching by the end of the year and all the rumors are saying its a 13 inch MBP pro with 1.5-2x more performance than its intel counterpart.

    This has put me in a dillema. On on hand the ARM MBP (with supposedly A14 or a version of A14 chip) will probably perform significantly better and is the way to go as all mac apps will get ported eventually. But I don't know how much problem I might face in my CS classes. Won't I have to develop applications? Can I still work in a group with other members using X86 laptops when we are working on a project? Aside from bootcamp almost certainly being dead for ARM macs, VMware/parallel are also in a state of flux thanks to Rosetta 2 not supporting them.

    I know I wont face issues for things like web/mobile apps. But I really dont have much idea what are things they teach and how much of an issue will I be in.

    TLDR: Arm macbooks seems like better alternative but how much compatibility issues will I face as a CS Major?

    On the other hand, the intel MBP pro 13 inch sound good but since all the mac apps will be porting to ARM. The apps will probably be less and less optimized for Intel MacOS. I plan to hold on to my mac for 5+ years and it is a matter of question how long apple will plan to support intel macs. According to all the rumors, they plan to launch the final intel based imac this year and that's it. So even though bootcamp is an option for intel macs but for how long apple supports the drivers remains to be seen as well.

    TLDR: Intel Macbooks are a more compatible issues but are under powered and probably will be out of support.

    I attached the subject syllabus for my major if anyone wants to take a detailed look and help out
    https://www.comp.polyu.edu.hk/en-us/study/prospective-students/undergraduate-programmes/subject

    I really want to get a Macbook but these mess has me confused.

    Sorry for the long post. | Please help <3

    submitted by /u/Sadman_Pinon
    [link] [comments]

    MBP i5 or MBA i5 (both 16GB RAM/512GB)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    This is my wife's machine. Use case is for a small business, MS Office (mainly Outlook with a large data file and Word), Zoom video calls, browser (15-20 tabs open, YouTube, social media) and some very light graphic editing (occasional photo editing, image resizing etc). No real expectation for gaming, heavy graphic or video editing or sustained 4K output etc. The laptop is carried to/from work and for client visits. Current laptop is a MBP 2013 that gets the job done but having performance issues.

    I ordered the MBP quad core with 16GB RAM/512GB and it arrived today. Beautiful machine. The Touch Bar is...interesting. Wife doesn't hate it but need to see if the novelty wears off. She thinks it's cool but not sure she will use it all the time. She loves the Touch ID. Keyboard is awesome, machine is well built. BUT...is it too much power for the user case above? I got a quad core with upgraded RAM/SSD space for future proofing as the plan is to keep the system for at least 5 years, longer if the ARM transition doesn't turn the system into a paperweight beyond 5 years.

    As a backup, I also ordered the MBA i5 quad core with 16GB RAM upgrade and 512GB SSD. Still waiting for this to arrive. I am told the MBA with 16GB RAM is more than sufficient for the use case above and will easily last 5+ years (ARM caveat above still applies), and the machine is slightly lighter and a few hundred $ cheaper. The wedge shape also makes it easier to type for longer. Touch ID would still be there but no Touch Bar but that's a neutral point. I have heard there are some overheating concerns with Zoom calls or YouTube at higher quality but I don't know if this is just overblown.

    Both have 10th gen quad core processors but the MBA is a lower clock speed. Is the MBA 10th gen a lower powered version of the MBP? Not sure how much a difference this makes for our use case.

    Which one would you recommend? Price isn't a major deciding factor but I don't want to pick the MBA just for this reason.

    submitted by /u/zs00
    [link] [comments]

    Repair my 2013 MBPr for $450 or get a new MBPr?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    tl;dr, my late 2013 MBPr has a broken logic board or so the repair shop says which will cost 450 (350+100 labor). Should I just fix or buy a new MBPr?

    My laptop is relatively unused at 400 battery cycles and no damages other than shutting off randomly (hence, logic board failure?). I thought it was the battery at first but they say it's not.

    Wdyt?

    submitted by /u/ambyance
    [link] [comments]

    How long do we think Apple will support the Intel Macs?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    I am planning to buy a MBA in September but I really want to keep it as long as I can. Absolute minimum is 5 years, hoping for more.

    I am in high school, so I won't really be using any apps that would need optimisation for the new chips for like 2 years.

    My only issue is we don't know when the ARM MBA will come out and I want to get it as soon as possible. Should I wait or not?

    submitted by /u/Happypepik
    [link] [comments]

    Question about second-gen Macbook Air - Can't connect to services despite having a perfect internet connection?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a second-generation MacBook Air, currently running Mojave 10.14. Despite the fact that I have a perfect internet connection, the computer can't:

    - Load up or use the App Store

    - Check for system software updates

    - Use internet services on the Spotify Desktop App

    - Connect to iTunes

    - Use FaceTime, iMessage or any other Mac social service

    I have tried many solutions already to no avail, such as rebooting the mac, turning the wifi on and off, making sure that the date and time settings are correct, and deleting certain cache files.

    I've booted in safe mode multiple times too, nothing seems to work for me.

    Any solutions or suggestions would be highly appreciated, I'm open to any feedback possible.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jackermarker
    [link] [comments]

    A question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Hello,

    i'm an amateur photographer and i have an very recent gaming pc.

    I hate windows laptop in general cause they aren't very optmized.

    So the macbook air 2020 (I3, 8GB of ram and 256 gb ssd), it will be good for my needs like: a device companion for light editing photo (affinity photo), controlling the camera wirelessly (olympus camera), surfing the web ,and nvidia geforce now?

    Also i'll able to listen to my flac library?

    And the life span is?

    submitted by /u/MarcoStargate94
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air in clamshell mode

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Is there anyway I can use clamshell mode in my MacBook without it being plugged into charge?

    submitted by /u/Markus_The_Sharkus
    [link] [comments]

    It won’t let me change or access the settings.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Question about the trackpad thats been driving me crazy

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Does the 2013 macbook trackpad NOT CLICK when its turned off for anybody else? Why is that happening? Like what is the design of the touch pad that does not click when the macbook is off? I cant find any answers online.

    submitted by /u/Ek_Love
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to install macOS on MacBook

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hello friends. I have the question mark folder on my MacBook 12. Trying to reinstall macOS Catalina from a bootable disk but it seems like the USB-C port is not working for data. Charging is working fine. Wifi networks are also not showing from the disk utility menu in recovery mode.

    So I can't restore it from the internet or Bootable disk. I am stuck.

    Did the SMC and NVDAM reset but nothing changes.

    Is there another way to install it?

    I would really appreciate your help.

    Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/faythebest
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed with my Mac Air

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    I recently bought a mac, about 7months ago, and it started with a few problems. To clarify, it's a 2018 Macbook Air Retina model. 1. The butterfly keyboard. Some of the keys stick and is sometimes unresponsive. 2. Software maybe. Sometimes when I open it up from sleep the entire trackpad and the entire keyboard doesnt respond until I close it and open it back up. 3. And then the screen. When I open it up from sleep ,sometimes all i see is a black screen with the cursor. And then i have to wait for a while for it to load to the login page.

    If you know what to do to fix this, please tell me!

    submitted by /u/Teenie100_908
    [link] [comments]

    This keeps popping up when I try to get onto google docs and some other websites. I’ve tried every solution. Nothing is working.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    The most bang for buck?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hi guys, so ill be starting university soon and im a psychology major. I was thinking of getting a new laptop as my Lenovo Y50 is pretty much at the end of its line. im contemplating on whether i should get the new macbook air or macbook pro. here are some of the options im considering:

    MBA 256GB with apple care MBA 512GB w/o apple care

    MBP 256GB with apple care MBP 512GB w/o apple care

    Is apple care really worth getting? and which of these laptops gives me the best bang for buck (shelf life, perfomance, etc). i dont mind splurging a bit but im paying out of my own pocket so id like a cheaper option.

    Cheers!!

    submitted by /u/FistOfDracus
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a MBP or a MBA for uni?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    I'll be going to uni for architecture which involves 3d rendering and possibly video editing. I can't decide whether I should get a MBA 2020 for its cheaper price or a MBP 2020 for its more powerful processing capabilities. Either I get a MBA with a 10th gen Core i5, 8gb of RAM, and 512gb ssd, or get a MBP with an 8th gen Core i5, 8gb of RAM, and 256gb of storage for the same price. The choice between storage and power kept me from buying.

    submitted by /u/aiiiiidanX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel