• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Apple Help I spilled hot tea on macbook after that I immediately turned it upside down and let it dry for 48 hours. After 48 hours I opened its back and cleaned few tea marks. Now it is not turning on. But when I plug the charger, it makes the “charging noise.” What should I do now?

    Apple Help I spilled hot tea on macbook after that I immediately turned it upside down and let it dry for 48 hours. After 48 hours I opened its back and cleaned few tea marks. Now it is not turning on. But when I plug the charger, it makes the “charging noise.” What should I do now?


    I spilled hot tea on macbook after that I immediately turned it upside down and let it dry for 48 hours. After 48 hours I opened its back and cleaned few tea marks. Now it is not turning on. But when I plug the charger, it makes the “charging noise.” What should I do now?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    This is the image on my screen

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Changing Excel Theme Colors in Catalina

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    We finally had an upgrade to Catalina at work and now I'm going crazy looking at my Excel spreadsheets as the standard Office Theme colors I have been using are much more saturated.

    Does anyone know how to adjust the defaults so they look more like the colors previously?

    I don't see an option to customize colors in the Page Layout > Colors tab, and the other themes aren't as adaptable to my current system.

    Running: OS 10.15.4, Excel for Mac 16.27

    submitted by /u/Megs1328
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro late 2011 8,2 kernal task using 500% of cpu

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2018 Touchbar Flicker: 70 battery cycles in.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    iPhone taking up storage that I deleted?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone and backed up all of my pictures and videos to my laptop and deleted most of them. When go on my laptop and look at the properties of the folders showing how many GB it's taking up in there, it totals up to about 10 GB. Despite this, when I look at my phone and go into settings, it says the photos app is taking up nearly 50 GB. I don't understand why this is. I've checked several times both on the laptop and phone to make sure that almost everything was deleted, yet it still shows this. Also my "other" storage is taking up 60 GB of storage all of the sudden, but before I backed my stuff up it was maybe 20 at most. Please help and thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sicparvismagna47
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when I remove a phone number from my Apple ID? (iPhone 11 with IOS 13.5.1)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    I recently got a new phone number and want to take the old one off my Apple ID but I don't want it to erase all the calls, messages, and contacts associated with it. It should all be in iCloud anyways but what exactly happens when I remove my old number? Does it just make it to where it isn't associated with it in the future or will it delete all my old stuff from it too? I also have a MacBook Air that is connected to my Apple ID so will it keep all the messages on there as well?

    submitted by /u/Natalierene7
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro glitching when blue and black is on the screen. Never been dropped or been wet

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I have a 2016 MacBook Pro. I am on Mac OsSierra. My mac was working perfectly fine, I closed it, and 30 minutes later I came back and it was glitching. I have not ever dropped it or gotten it wet. It only glitches when there is blue or black on the screen (little hairline green and pink glitches) everything else works fine. I have tried different troubleshooting things, any tips?

    submitted by /u/skinnymariah3
    [link] [comments]

    How is “Other” taking up 80gb of space?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    Anyone happen to recognize or know the screensaver that was running over Craig’s shoulder during the “Apple Silicon” portion of the keynote?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Just curious. I'm unable to find it.

    Perhaps a 'Big Sur' screensaver?

    Here is the link to that segment of the video. https://youtu.be/GEZhD3J89ZE?t=5900

    Screenshot of the screensaver I'm asking about. https://i.imgur.com/WjwUeUq.jpg

    FYI: I tried posted this couple days ago but /r/apple is being lame and filtering my post until a mod looked at it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/groovel76
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 21.5 (Late 2015) - is it PCIE / NVMe SSD Compatiable

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Hey all, as many of the postings have suggested that it is only logical to have the current HDD changed to SSD.

    My initial thoughts were, which do I pick Samsung SSD 860 EVO SATA III 2.5 inch OR Crucial MX500 - long story short, I've decided on Samsung.

    Now, as i was about to make my order, I learned about the PCIe/NVMe types of SSD that has much faster performance. IF at all possible, I would like to consider WD Black NVMe SN750.

    Question:

    1. Does iMac 21.5 (Late 2015) have the slot for PCIe/NVMe?
    2. What are the common problems for iMacs and PCI-E/NVMe, if any?
    3. Is there anything else I need to be aware of in considering PCIe/NVMe?
    submitted by /u/razeenz
    [link] [comments]

    Turned on iCloud photos by accident, now I don’t have any space left and I’m not sure how to get it back

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    15" Macbook Pro 2019 Playing HDR Content

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Today I realized that my Macbook Pro is attempting to play Youtube videos in HDR mode which the display is uncapable to do, so they play impropperly. Anyone know what to do?

    submitted by /u/basruve
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone refuses to download certain apps.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    When I try to download certain apps that I've had before, my phone will let it load and then just cancel the entire download with no error message. I've contacted Apple Support already, and they weren't exactly able to help out. I was wondering if anyone here could help.

    submitted by /u/SecretStrawberry11
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2009 Macbook Pro - Which Mac OS is best for it?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Im going to do a fresh OS install on my old MacBook Pro which I've not used in ages and would like to know which Mac OS people think will work best with it. I only plan on using it for word processing and a bit of coding, ive 2 PC's for all the other stuff i do.

    Also, which is a good site that has a range of MAC OS DMG files to download (trustworthy ones). Thanks

    submitted by /u/Snappy_Darko
    [link] [comments]

    My 2018 15" Macbook Pro Opened with an blue striped error screen and the screen keeps staying black unless I force it to shut down by holding the power button

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    My laptop has been acting weird for the past 2 weeks or so and it's really worrying me because it's not even 2 years old and it was $2000. When I try to wake up my laptop only the touch bar on my keyboard lights up but the screen stays black. The only way for me to get it to wake up fully is to force a system shut down by holding the power button and then turning the laptop back on. And today when I went to use it it opened to a blue green, vertical striped screen and it wouldn't let me do anything. I had to force shut down the computer again. I'm worried this is or is going to harm my laptop long term and I need it for school and I cannot afford to just buy another one if my supposedly reliable apple computer dies. I am not sure what to do and I am hoping I didn't buy a $2000 "bad apple" for lack of a better term. Please help! I don't know what may be wrong and how to handle it.

    https://preview.redd.it/amtv4qzdq4751.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9b500ca8120a0719cee8c8c9ba25ed499b1f052f

    submitted by /u/alexis-bnsn
    [link] [comments]

    Worthwhile malware detectors/cleaners for Mac?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    I've got the imklaunchagent process running and am getting conflicting info online about whether it is malware or just indicates malware. Is there a good virus/malware cleaner available? I see lots of ads for different detection and cleaning software but don't know what's valid or useful. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Silver_in_Goldstin
    [link] [comments]

    Is my headband broken here?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I lost my AirPods case but still have my actual pods. Can I purchase a new charging case and will they connect to it just fine?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Can I use both iCloud and local backups without issue?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    The options box in itunes is just the one it uses to automatically backup, correct? I can switch between the two and then if ever I need to restore, I can select either one and restore my phone, right?

    This is the option box I'm talking about:
    https://i.imgur.com/uk9wdj6.png

    Only asking because I never intended to actually use iCloud, but I was forced to purchase it because my local backups failed (I had forgotten my local backup "encryption" password which I set almost 10 years ago before I was even using a password manager, and my iPhone 4 which I was upgrading from was so old that I couldn't reset it). I might unsubscribe from iCloud. I might not. So for now I'm wondering if I can use both backup methods simultaneously.

    submitted by /u/IXdyTedjZJAtyQrXcjww
    [link] [comments]

    Airpod pro connect issues plus right one doesn’t connect I don’t know what to do

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    So I've had my AirPod pros since December and now the right one doesn't work and also the case won't connect to any or won't show up on the list of Bluetooth devices and when open with the airpods in it, it just shows a white light in the middle and I don't know what to do. If anyone knows what to do hmu or something

    submitted by /u/yeet-that-fetus-okay
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil is not connecting to my iPad? The iPad is a gen 7 and the pencil is the first generation. I’m not sure why the pencil is not connecting. I’ve tried rebooting the iPad and I’ve charged the pencil.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    How to change Split View on my MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Everything I've found online says that this is just how it works now, but currently when I want to enter split view with two windows, a dropdown box opens up, whereas before it would allow me to drag it to the side of the screen I want. I honestly hate this, and I'm trying to revert back to being able to drag it, but I don't know how. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/TheIndragaMano
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone with Windows 6.2 on my AppleID device list?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I just saw that my device list in my setting has my proper iPhone X with all the right info (phone # and serial code etc.) but there is another iPhone in the list along side my desktop PC that I also am logged in on. The second iPhone only has a weird diamond like icon and says it has windows 6.2 and nothing else. Is this normal? I hope this makes sense, my paranoid side tells me this might be some remote add in to my list maybe leeching data but I also doubt that as Apple has good security.

    TL;DR: there is a 2nd iPhone with only Windows 6.2 in its description and a diamond like icon instead of a picture of an iPhone in my active devices list. Any idea what this is? I use a PC and MacBook

    submitted by /u/TruGabu
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit app heating up iPhone 7 Plus

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Late Tuesday night, my iPhone 7 Plus (13.5.1) just started super heating on the top right side. Restarted several times and still the same. In analytics, noticed the Reddit app was pegged super high so I uninstalled it and restarted and no more heat. It's two days later and I tried reinstalling Reddit and it immediately starts heating up before I can even log in. Do you suspect the app no longer compatible with 7 or is this an actual phone issue?

    submitted by /u/UnkindnessOfRavens23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel