• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    macOS Would this be a security risk? 10.15.2 catalina

    macOS Would this be a security risk? 10.15.2 catalina


    Would this be a security risk? 10.15.2 catalina

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Whenever i connect my iPhone to my iMac, iTunes doesn’t show a device icon next to the device name. It shows a generic phone with a question mark over it. Handoff recognizes my iPhone as an iPhone 4, though i have never owned an iPhone 4 ever. It says “iPhone 11 Pro Max” everywhere else. Help!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Sound Output Keeps Changing on MacBook

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:01 PM PST

    I have a 2018 13 inch MacBook Pro but have noticed that after updating to Catalina, my sound output keeps changing. Regardless of whether it's plugged in headphones or connected via Bluetooth, I'll be listening to music or videos and it'll swap to a monitor or the internal speakers every 5-10 minutes. I'll have to manually swap it back to my headphones a few times but even then the volume slider sometimes freaks out, greying out and going to max volume a few times before going back to normal. It usually works if I unplug or disconnect Bluetooth and retry but even then after a song or two, it'll start again.

    I've already tried the following:

    • turning it off and on LMAO
    • deleting and reconnecting the Bluetooth pairing
    • using different headphones
    • resetting PRAM
    • using different media players (ie YouTube vs Spotify)
    • adding it to Accessibility through Security & Privacy (my IT dept recommended this)

    I have version 10.15.2, don't think that my laptop has accidentally installed anything potentially harmful, and usage is the same before I encountered the issue.

    Has anyone else run into this issue?

    EDIT: after posting, I realize that it also does this with nothing plugged in or connected for audio. The speakers will stop and then sound options on my menu bar greys out and freaks out too.

    submitted by /u/rcau
    [link] [comments]

    How can I create a bootable Lion USB drive on Catalina?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:13 PM PST

    I have the .dmg file of Mac OS Lion but Catalina does not recognize Lion when I try to restore to drive in disk utility. I was able to do it in High Sierra. I'm guessing it has something to do with it not recognizing 32 bit software? TIA

    submitted by /u/rtemis
    [link] [comments]

    Can Standard User account perform major macOS update?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:23 AM PST

    Hi guys, In my organization we have multiple Macbooks given to users. Everyone has a Standard User account. Can they perform Os update? Or only Admin accounts can perform OS update in MacOS? Also Is there any Apple article stating the same? It will help to put this piece of information to my management so that I can convince to let folks have Admin accounts in their macbooks.

    submitted by /u/yurnero07
    [link] [comments]

    Clamshell mode no longer working.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I have a brand new Macbook Pro 2019 running MacOS Catalina. I hooked up my external LG monitor into my Vilcome USB-C Hub & everything was working great in clamshell mode. I was curious to see how everything would look in different scalings so I set it to "1080i" (unaware that in doing so all hell would break loose). Fast forward a week & I have yet to make clamshell mode work again. I've tried everything under the sun. Started with clearing the SMC & NVRAM, created a guest user, tried using a different external monitor, toggled between every single available scaling setting & ultimately re-installed the operating system, yet when I close my laptop I get zero signal to my lovely ultrawide monitor. I've spoken to some AppleCare people on the phone & they're as baffled as I am. The most frustrating part is that I know it CAN work, because it WAS working! I've come across a few articles on the web with people with seemingly the exact same issue but none of their solutions quiet do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/stevewillz
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage not getting verification texts

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    Just updated to Mojave and iMessage is getting regular texts - but no 2-factor verification texts (Google, Facebook, etc)

    submitted by /u/mobyhex
    [link] [comments]

    displaylinkagent screen recording permission. safe?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:13 AM PST

    i purchased a displaylink hub (two hdmis) to extend my macbook pro to two monitors (dell 2415) using usb c.

    once i installed the software i was asked to allow screen recording permissions to displaylinkuser agent

    https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1916602-macos-catalina-10-15-screen-recording-permission

    is this safe?

    submitted by /u/tkw00t
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with an Automator workflow, for some reason it hangs on New PDF Contact Sheet

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:05 PM PST

    Mojave Disk Utility First Aid Issue

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Wifi with lid closed

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    I have an external monitor - with the MBP lid closed (Catalina) it all stays awake and the I can use everything on the external monitor; however, Wifi shows that it's connected but actual connectivity doesn't work, for example Messages don't go through and websites don't load. It's very strange...

    [UPDATE] Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I started to get an inkling that it was related to interference as many of you suggested. I've had the laptop on a Bestand aluminum cooling stand for a few months. It occurred to me that when the lid is closed the Wifi antenna is a lot closer to this giant metal object. With the laptop off the stand, and the lid closed, I no longer have issues. Oddly, the RSSI and Noise levels don't change much... but hey, it's working now.

    submitted by /u/burstgoof
    [link] [comments]

    My FireVault prevent future user from using FireVault.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    i am setting up to sell my iMac. I never had FileVault turned on, but to protect my data (SSD) i read an article that said i could turn on FireVault, encrypt everything, go into disk utility, wipe the disk, and that will make all my stuff plus previously deleted stuff totally unrecoverable.

    Will doing this prevent future owners from doing the same thing for their own data?

    submitted by /u/Cremefraichememer
    [link] [comments]

    How to gain permission to delete a read-only folder?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:08 PM PST

    How to gain permission to delete a read-only folder?

    Hi all

    I am unable to delete the folder circled here. It contains files from a game called Heroes Of The Storm which I thought I deleted months ago. I noticed that CleanMyMacX was unable to delete the folder so I investigated. It turns out the folder named Lorenzo G is over 12 GB of game files (basically the whole game) and there is no easy way to delete it. So I tried everything I was able to find on the internet: I made myself the admin through the Home file in the finder and tried the Terminal command "rm -r", with no success.

    At last, I found out that I could add myself as one of the administrators for the folder trough that little "+" icon at the bottom left. Yet, as you can see from the window in the top left, this doesn't seem to work either.

    At this point I have no idea how to approach this, I'm not even sure if this is a suitable subreddit for the issue, but thanks in advance .

    https://preview.redd.it/fk57u9i8du941.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=6643ff578e9cb04042d249d6d5693d27399016a4

    submitted by /u/Accurate_Hornet
    [link] [comments]

    I need a little help with Finder in a MBP

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:46 PM PST

    I think it's Finder. I have Seagate 2 TB external drive (one of the small/travel ones). I saw that it only had 12 7GB left, so I deleted 500 GB of old backups. Finder still shows it at 127 GB.

    Then I plugged into a Windows 10 machine and it was not recognized at all. Soooo I go back to my MBP and it still shows 127 GB. I'm at loss here, would someone be so kind as to give me some help to correct this, please.

    I also tried the Disk Utility and it reads 127 GB. First Aid indicated that is was successful BUT still at 127 GB

    As always, thank you.

    submitted by /u/sleazzyweasel
    [link] [comments]

    System Root Certificate browser issues

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    I started having some issues with the latest version of firefox getting SEC ERROR CA CERT INVALID errors on every page. It was local to firefox and I didn't see the issue with Chrome at all. It's also specific to my late 2014 iMac running 10.14.6 Mojave. My 2018 MBP, and iPhone running the latest firefox on my network didn't present the problem. What would correct the issue on the iMac was connecting to my VPN.

    After trying all the troubleshooting I could find online and think of I still didn't have any luck. I made a copy, and exported my System Root Certificate, then deleted it and rebooted. For about the first 10 minutes after reboot I don't have any problems. Then with no warning or anything I get an issue on all my browsers about not being able to connect. I re-added the cert from the export then rebooted and the same behavior is occurring.

    Firefox says: www.google.com is most likely a safe site but a secure connection could not be established. The issue is caused by System Root Certificate Authority. mozilla pkix error mitm detected

    Chrome says: Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com net::err cert invalid

    I have also tried copying my certs from my MBP but no change. It's odd that for about 10 minutes it works fine then stops.

    I can still connect to my VPN and it corrects the issue on both Firefox and Chrome.

    I'm stumped, and haven't been able to find anything useful on google. Anybody else run into anything similar?

    submitted by /u/mikron2
    [link] [comments]

    Winebottler prefix aborted

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:12 PM PST

    I haven't used a Mac in a LONG time, but I'm forced to because my regular PC is currently being repaired with an ETA of who knows when. I'm trying to use Winebottler to run the Windows program ESR Disc Patcher, but every time, it gives me a "Prefix aborted" error. What exactly is going wrong other than my life? Attached is the most recent log.

    BOTTLING### default.sh

    BOTTLING### Gathering debug Info...

    Versions OS...........................: darwin17 Wine.........................: 1.8.6 WineBottler..................: 1.8.6 Wineticks....................: 20191224-next - sha256sum: fba685b145a59dedabbcef2b870e5896fca238fa212c8c88af432650f2df5c5c

    Environment PWD..........................: '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin' PATH.........................: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin USER.........................: porterhumbert HOME.........................: /Users/porterhumbert COMPUTERNAME.................: susan̢۪s MacBook Pro BUNDLERESOURCEPATH...........: /Applications/WineBottler.app/Contents/Frameworks/WBottler.framework/Resources WINEPREFIX...................: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources WINEPATH.....................: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH..............: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/opt/X11/lib:/usr/X11/lib DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH...: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/usr/lib:/opt/X11/lib:/usr/X11/lib SILENT.......................: http_proxy...................: https_proxy..................: ftp_proxy....................: socks5_proxy.................:

    Bottle TEMPLATE.....................: BOTTLE.......................: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app INSTALLER_URL................: /Users/porterhumbert/Downloads/ESR disc patcher GUI v0.24a/ESRDiscPatcher.exe INSTALLER_IS_ZIPPED..........: 0 INSTALLER_NAME...............: ESRDiscPatcher.exe INSTALLER_ARGUMENTS..........: WINEBOTTLERCOPYFOLDERONLY REMOVE_MONO..................: REMOVE_GECKO.................: REMOVE_USERS.................: REMOVE_INSTALLERS............: WINETRICKS_ITEMS.............: win7 DLL_OVERRIDES................: EXECUTABLE_PATH..............: C:/winebottler/ESRDiscPatcher.exe EXECUTABLE_ARGUMENTS.........: EXECUTABLE_VERSION...........: 1.0.0 BUNDLE_COPYRIGHT.............: © Your Company BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER............: com.yourcompany.yourapp BUNDLE_CATEGORYTYPE..........: public.app-category.business SILENT.......................:

    Hardware:

    Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0050.B00 SMC Version (system): 1.68f99 Serial Number (system): C17GHR20DV13 Hardware UUID: D6D77EE1-28A7-5786-8244-37DBDB32338C Sudden Motion Sensor: State: Enabled 

    BOTTLING### Create .app...

    BOTTLING### Enabling CoreAudio, Colors, Antialiasing and flat menus...

    wine: created the configuration directory '/Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix' err:macdrv:processattach Failed to start Cocoa app main loop err:macdrv:process_attach Failed to start Cocoa app main loop err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 258): Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libXext.6.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so Reason: image not found err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": dlopen(/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so, 258): Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libXext.6.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/lib/wine/winex11.drv.so Reason: image not found err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded. err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Unknown error (127). err:appbar:initialize_appbar Could not create appbar message window err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded. err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Unknown error (127). err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded. err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Unknown error (127). err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 183 err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 0 err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 14007 err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x800736b7 err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 800736b7 err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 800736b7 err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded. err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Unknown error (127). err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 0 err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 0 err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 14007 err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x800736b7 err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 800736b7 err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 800736b7 err:process:_wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

    BOTTLING### Sandboxing...

    BOTTLING### Installing Truetype Fonts...

    ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Andale Mono.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Apple Chancery.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/AppleGothic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/AppleMyungjo.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Black.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Narrow Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Narrow Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Narrow.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Rounded Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Unicode.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Ayuthaya.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/BigCaslon.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Bodoni 72 Smallcaps Book.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Bodoni Ornaments.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Bradley Hand Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Brush Script.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Chalkduster.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Comic Sans MS Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Comic Sans MS.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Courier New Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Courier New Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Courier New Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Courier New.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/DIN Alternate Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/DIN Condensed Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Diwan Thuluth.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Farisi.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Georgia Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Georgia Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Georgia Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Georgia.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gurmukhi.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Herculanum.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Hoefler Text Ornaments.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Impact.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Khmer Sangam MN.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Kokonor.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Krungthep.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Lao Sangam MN.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Luminari.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Arial.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Batang.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Bookshelf Symbol 7.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Brush Script.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Calibri Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Calibri Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Calibri Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Calibri.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Calibril.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Cambria Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Cambria Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Cambria Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Cambria Math.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Cambria.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Candara Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Candara Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Candara Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Candara.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Consolas Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Consolas Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Consolas Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Consolas.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Constantia Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Constantia Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Constantia Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Constantia.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Corbel Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Corbel Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Corbel Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Corbel.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Franklin Gothic Book Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Franklin Gothic Book.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Franklin Gothic Medium Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Franklin Gothic Medium.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gabriola.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gill Sans MT Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gill Sans MT Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gill Sans MT Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gill Sans MT.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Gulim.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/himalaya.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Lucida Console.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Lucida Sans Unicode.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Marlett.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Meiryo Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Meiryo Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Meiryo Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Meiryo.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MingLiU-ExtB.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MingLiU.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MingLiU_HKSCS-ExtB.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/mingliu_hkscs.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/monbaiti.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS Gothic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS Mincho.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS PGothic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS PMincho.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS Reference Sans Serif.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/MS Reference Specialty.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/msyi.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Palatino Linotype Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Palatino Linotype Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Palatino Linotype Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Palatino Linotype.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Perpetua Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Perpetua Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Perpetua Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Perpetua.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/PMingLiU-ExtB.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/PMingLiU.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/SimHei.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/SimSun-ExtB.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/SimSun.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/taile.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/TaiLeb.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tw Cen MT Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tw Cen MT Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tw Cen MT Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tw Cen MT.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings 2.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings 3.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Microsoft Sans Serif.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Mishafi Gold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Mishafi.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/NISC18030.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/PlantagenetCherokee.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Sathu.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Silom.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Skia.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tahoma Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Tahoma.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Times New Roman.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Trattatello.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Trebuchet MS.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Bold Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Bold.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana Italic.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Verdana.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Webdings.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings 2.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings 3.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Wingdings.ttf: No such file or directory ln: /Users/porterhumbert/Documents/ESR Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/windows/Fonts/Zapfino.ttf: No such file or directory

    BOTTLING### Registering Truetype Fonts...

    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out /Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin

    BOTTLING### installing win7

    LOG ### Command 'source /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/winetricks.sh --no-isolate win7' returned status 1.

    warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!

    Your version of wine 1.8.6 is no longer supported upstream. You should upgrade to 4.x


    WINEPREFIX INFO: Drive C: . .. Program Files users windows

    Registry info: /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/wineprefix/system.reg:#arch=win32 /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/wineprefix/user.reg:#arch=win32

    /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/wineprefix/userdef.reg:#arch=win32


    /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned unexpanded string '%SystemDrive%\Program Files' ... this can be caused by a corrupt wineprefix (wineboot -u may help), by an old wine, or by not owning /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/wineprefix

    ERROR### Command 'source /private/tmp/winebottler_1578606270/nospace/winetricks.sh --no-isolate win7' returned status 1.

    Task returned with status 1.

    submitted by /u/haseominamoto
    [link] [comments]

    2FA at login on Catalina

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:09 AM PST

    Hi all

    Pulling my hair out here and I'm hoping somebody has some ideas. I'm attempting to configure a colleague's new MacBook Pro to meet security requirements for the kind of data/documents that my lab works with. One of the requirements is that administrative accounts must have multifactor authentication to log in. On Mojave and prior, we had at various times been using YubiKey USB keys, the SAASPASS app, or DUO, with varying degrees of ease and success. Now, on Catalina, none of these work anymore (not 100% sure about DUO, still waiting to hear back from their support team, but it has other issues that make it undesirable). I'm throwing it out to the community to see if anyone has suggestions for how to implement this requirement.

    What I need is:

    1. Some form of second-factor authentication beyond the password when logging into the system.
    2. Needs to still work if the machine is offline (e.g. dynamically-generated numerical keys, bluetooth push notification, something like that).
    3. (optional but preferable) Applicable on an account-by-account basis, so I could set it up to be required on administrator accounts but not on non-admin ones.

    I inquired with Apple support about putting Mojave on the machine but apparently since it shipped with Catalina, Catalina it must be. They also said I can't leverage TouchID to accomplish this. My worst-case option is to have the colleague get a second machine running Windows, or an older Mac machine, and use that for documents that are subject to this requirement, but that's a bit of a crap solution. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Geophyzzer
    [link] [comments]

    For PDF creation, PDF expert or???

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:00 AM PST

    New to Mac and getting my system tweaked. Trying to decide if I need a PDF creation tool. Thinking it might not be a bad thing to have. From what I have seen, PDF Expert seems to be the most cost effective and quality choice. Any others to consider?

    submitted by /u/Radamo59
    [link] [comments]

    Battery drain

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    I updated my mac to 10.15.2 from 10.15 and the battery is draining. I charged my Laptop to 100% in the Morning and by the time I opened in the afternoon at 2pm, it was discharged to 35%. Apart from this, it constantly gets hot even when it's not in use for hours (draining battery).

    Can you guys please help me fix this?

    Checked activity monitor and it doesn't show anything abnormal.

    submitted by /u/nikhil36
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2018 instant keyboard replacement?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    hey reddit,

    The keys on my MBP are stucking again and now even the "N"-key is malfunctioning, so I need to get it repaired. I already made an appointment at the next genius bar. My only problem is that I cannot have it beeing taken away from me for 14 days or so. that's because I'm working with it. What I'd want to happen is that they'll either fix the device at the spot or that they'll give me a replacement device for the time it takes them to fix my laptop. I've been searching on the internet if that is generally possible, but couldn't find anything useful.

    Does anyone of you maybe had experiences with this? Are there any possibilities? BTW I'm living in germany, if that matters somehow.

    submitted by /u/BenjiTheBread
    [link] [comments]

    My Mac repeatedly freezing randomly

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:24 AM PST

    I have MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) running macOS 10.15.2

    Its freezing every now and then on random occasion (the only fix is restart I can not force close as it totally freez everything thing not sure what the fluff is going on I have removed all the old apps and updated everything that was old as well as scanned for viruses and found nothing. I ran Apple diagnostic for hardware faults but it didn't find any issues. I am confused. Is it because I restored this system from my old Macbook perhaps that whats causing some of these issues? Is there an app that can help me log the reason for this?

    Even after the restart, the system doesn't provide any error logs.

    submitted by /u/Climbing_a_Mountain
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS High Sierra and iCloud - Safari Bookmarks sync issue with iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:14 AM PST

    So I'm stuck using Mac OS High Sierra (older MacBook pro) and I can't seem to sync my Safari bookmarks on my iPhone and iPad (both on iOS 13.3).

    It looks like both the iPhone and iPad are syncing fine, but no go for the Mac.

    So far, I've tried the obvious. Turning off Safari on my iCloud for all devices (and deleting the bookmarks off my devices). Logging out of iCloud on my MacBook and still not syncing.

    Anyone have the same issue and fixed it? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dunnypop
    [link] [comments]

    Powerpoints from ZIP files won't open

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

    I need to download powerpoints which come zipped and when I unzip them it's a .pptx "ZIP archive" and when I try to open that, it just seems to produce a new zipped folder and on and on it goes

    submitted by /u/eap821
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel