• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Apple Macbook Was using my MacBook air ( around 65% charged). Went to eat, came back and it was off. Turned it on and this shows up. I clicked restart and it worked fine. (Battery went down to 55%) Anyone knows why this happened? Any help would be appreciated. [macOS Catalina 10.15.1]

    Apple Macbook Was using my MacBook air ( around 65% charged). Went to eat, came back and it was off. Turned it on and this shows up. I clicked restart and it worked fine. (Battery went down to 55%) Anyone knows why this happened? Any help would be appreciated. [macOS Catalina 10.15.1]


    Was using my MacBook air ( around 65% charged). Went to eat, came back and it was off. Turned it on and this shows up. I clicked restart and it worked fine. (Battery went down to 55%) Anyone knows why this happened? Any help would be appreciated. [macOS Catalina 10.15.1]

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Frustrated and looking for help...

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:35 PM PST

    Hi Apple Friends,

    I apologize if this reads poorly, but I'm a bit frustrated and, no doubt, grumpy, but here goes:

    I bought one of the 13" MacBook Pros (mid-2012 model, no retina screen) when I was at university, and I've been using it as my primary system for the past seven years. I really have been fortunate with this machine in many ways. Over the years I've made the following modifications:

    • swapped out HDD for SSD
    • popped in 16 GB of RAM

    Unfortunately, I've also had to make a number of repairs. These include:

    • SATA cable replacement x 3
    • Thermal paste replacement
    • Keyboard x 2

    Recently, I've had a couple additional problems with the machine and now must replace the following:

    • Battery (first time in seven years I've needed to replace it — current one has 1,300+ cycles and still going fine, but I'm getting message to replace soon, which may be related to the battery sensor)
    • Battery sensor/indicator cable (I tore this when I wasn't paying enough attention during a repair [I know, my bad])
    • Microphone and cable (gave out on me recently)
    • SATA cable (fourth time I'm replacing it)
    • iSight camera cable (just broke this evening as I was preparing to install new parts)

    So, basically I'm at an impasse: I could (1) install these replacement parts and go for replacing an iSight setup, which would involve opening up the display and potentially lead me to future damage; (2) buy a new display for like $200 and swap out the old one; (3) buy an external webcam and try to deal with that; or (4) suck it up and get a new laptop.

    My plan was to wait until the MacBook Pro 13" model with the new keyboard became available (for obvious reasons). But I'm looking at sinking a pretty decent chunk of money into my machine to keep it going, and I'm wondering if this isn't a sign to just upgrade and let it die. I love my little buddy, and it's served me well for the past seven years, so I'm a bit reluctant to jump ship.

    Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks for reading my long post!

    submitted by /u/EisigEyes
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good price for a Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2015 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:05 AM PST

    I currently have the option to buy the following device for $800; is that a good price? Or should I offer something lower?

    • Version: Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2015
    • Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB + Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    • Cycle Count: 19 (does this mean it's a new battery?)

    Also, how much more powerful would this be than my current device, which is a mid-2010 13-inch MacBook Pro running on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor?

    Finally, I'd be able to install my SSD into the 2015 MBP, right?

    submitted by /u/calm_incense
    [link] [comments]

    Am I able to transfer all my data from one macbook to another without losing anything I setup?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:01 PM PST

    I just started first year comp sci and I'm currently on a macbook air 2014. Our first lab was to setup our laptops by downloading java and all that and setting up an environment. Am I able to transfer all that stuff over to a new macbook?

    submitted by /u/Vtaky
    [link] [comments]

    Clamshell mode no longer working.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:19 PM PST

    I have a brand new Macbook Pro 2019 running MacOS Catalina. I hooked up my external LG monitor into my Vilcome USB-C Hub & everything was working great in clamshell mode. I was curious to see how everything would look in different scalings so I set it to "1080i" (unaware that in doing so all hell would break loose). Fast forward a week & I have yet to make clamshell mode work again. I've tried everything under the sun. Started with clearing the SMC & NVRAM, created a guest user, tried using a different external monitor, toggled between every single available scaling setting & ultimately re-installed the operating system, yet when I close my laptop I get zero signal to my lovely ultrawide monitor. I've spoken to some AppleCare people on the phone & they're as baffled as I am. The most frustrating part is that I know it CAN work, because it WAS working! I've come across a few articles on the web with people with seemingly the exact same issue but none of their solutions quiet do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/stevewillz
    [link] [comments]

    Popped open my early 2013 15” MacBook Pro and noticed this component was blown. The machine seems to function fine other than regulating heat. It looks like there are also 3 more of the same component on the board. Anyone have any idea what this is or does?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Is there anyway to clean the dust trapped between the screen and the casing?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:31 PM PST

    I don't know what to do. I tried compressed air and a vaccum and it's still in there.

    submitted by /u/Lakerscoring
    [link] [comments]

    I recently bought a macbook pro 16". It has been freezing very frequently

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:39 PM PST

    Has this happened to anyone else? Has Apple acknowledged the issue yet? This shouldn't be happening on such an expensive device. There are some times where the only thing I can do is restart the computer...

    EDIT: i just bought the macbook around 2 weeks ago. so far ive only done web browsing and writing docs. it freezes while doing that

    submitted by /u/plasticbills
    [link] [comments]

    why did they design the macbook 12” early 2015 like this????

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:18 PM PST

    uhhh. so, not sure if this is the right subreddit to post this in but i'm soooooooo tired of my macbook's shitty keyboard. i bought this laptop when i was 18 because "everyone else has macbooks" and i've deeply regretted that decision for the past few years. the fact that there's no usb port is a big one, plus the aforementioned shitty keyboard. who the fuck in the apple corporate world decided to make the keyboard so that the keys don't even go down when you press them? i've made so many typing mistakes because i either type too hard and add extra letters or don't type hard enough and miss a letter or five.

    i don't really have a question, i'm just mid-school assignment and i'm fed up with this damn computer so i needed to rant. there's probably no solution for this shitty keyboard but if anyone else feels the same, i guess that'd be nice to know. sorry for angry post and TIA

    submitted by /u/omae-wa-mou-
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 Macbook Pro Data Recovery

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Hi Everyone I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display (https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.3-15-mid-2012-retina-display-specs.html).

    The logic board died and I was hoping to recover the data from the SSD or just clone the prior SSD to a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 13" (Non-Retina) I purchased.

    Its been tough to find the right enclosure to mount the SSD on the old device as an external drive.

    Can anyone help with identifying the right enclosure (or any device for that matter) I could use to get this done?

    So far, this is what I've found. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MGIRTDU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Pd6fEb0WCTJ68)

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/Souse
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience dealing with magic trackpad signal issues?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:44 PM PST

    I've tried resetting Bluetooth module, smc, etc.

    At a distance of only about 2-3 feet, my 3rd party keyboard works fine but the magic trackpad gets signal interruptions i.e. mouse gets jittery. Wifi router is in another room and macbook runs off ethernet when docked.

    This is on the macbook pro 16, my 2017 15 didn't have these issues and nothing has changed really. At a distance of 1-2 feet it works perfectly, once I go past 2 feet it starts getting jittery. But then I can be 5 feet away holding it in the air and it works just fine.

    I moved the macbook to the other side of the desk closer to the trackpad but same issue is still there. It comes and goes though somewhat unexpectedly. I keep the macbook unpaired with most things, it only connects to my keyboard and trackpad. Logitech mouse occasionally with the dongle but that's off right now. Table is wood, nothing is obstructing line of sight between mbp and trackpad, mbp is vertically mounted, I've also tried flipping it which did not change the effect.

    Strangely enough, it stopped doing it now and for this whole type up.

    What has changed is going from vertical hengedock to a plastic 3d printed dock, which covers less area of the macbook and is plastic instead of metal, so I don't think that's a reason.

    Anyway I'm just looking for any out of the box solutions or potential problems you guys have identified.

    submitted by /u/Anasoori
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook fans loud (but not hot) after cleaning and new SSD. Mac Fan Control no use.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:39 AM PST

    My 2010 17" MacBook Pro's fans are loud at all times. The computer is not overheating or using much memory.

    I installed a new 500GB SSD into my Macbook 2010 17" to keep it around for a travel / entertainment machine. Before installing the SSD, I cleaned out the fans by removing dust with a blower and tweezers and installed the SSD. I believe the noise started now. I didn't know I had to format the SSD and install the new OS so it took me a day or so to figure it out. Meanwhile, I but the old one back in and used my external HD to move/delete files.

    I am using Black Magic Disk Speed Test and Activity Monitor to see if I'm overusing the computer but it seems to be running better than before. I've downloaded the Mac Fan Control and toyed around with the settings but haven't seen a difference. I've read different Reddit posts and articles from other sites, and haven't figured out much.

    There's Spindump and Terminal, but I'm not sure if I'm computer savvy enough to be messing with this, but if you can help and dispel my worries then I'll try it out. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mpf315
    [link] [comments]

    Purple flickering lines on my MacBook Pro 13 inch 2016 2 thunderbolts.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I just got my macbook repaired for the backlight issues with the 2016 macs. But now there is purple flickering lights on the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/SlimeSeason-
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro Battery Issue

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:39 AM PST

    Hello everyone. So i have a 2012 Macbook pro (the Cd drive one) So recently couple of months back i replaced my battery with a new one coz the earlier one wasn't giving much backup. So after Getting the one after a month i realized that the new one is also giving battery backup of 2 or 2 and half hour max. And taking 5 to 6 hours for charging back to 100! It was ridiculous. So again I've sent my MB to the Shop from where i got it replaced. So my Question is what do you guys think what would have been the problem for Taking such long to get charged, and giving such low backup also what safety steps should i take to avoid ruining the battery. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/anmolchandratre
    [link] [comments]

    Turn your Macbook into a desktop powerhouse with BlackBeast Pro!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:45 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel