• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    macOS Some dust got between the screen and the border rubber, any idea on how to get it out?

    macOS Some dust got between the screen and the border rubber, any idea on how to get it out?


    Some dust got between the screen and the border rubber, any idea on how to get it out?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Anyone else having Sidecar issues like this? I can’t seem to find a solution

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:28 PM PST

    How to make these icons smaller? Catalina 10.15.2, MacBook Pro 2019 16'

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:34 AM PST

    Mac Batch File Rename Bug

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    I batch renamed some (many) files in finder, and it deleted the file extension, and no matter what I do it is not adding back the file extension. Does someone know how to solve this problem? Please see the screenshots.

    https://imgur.com/a/WTM483Y

    This is for a very important project and I don't know why this is not working but I feel like crying now, hopefully someone can help me.

    submitted by /u/KingSuj
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to preview MIDI files in mac os with just the spacebar, like audio files? I miss doing this.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:00 AM PST

    It used to be possible to do. I'm not sure if its disabled in a hidden OS setting apple implemented at some point, but I miss being able to quickly preview midi files.

    submitted by /u/xpercipio
    [link] [comments]

    Is there hide the user photo on the login screen?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:35 PM PST

    Catalina 10.15.2

    I tried to see it to a transparent png, but it doesn't render transparency.

    This trick also doesn't seem to work http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080328141726511

    submitted by /u/Empole
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any effective way to reduce the „Other“ storage? It’s now almost half of my storage and CleanMyMac X somehow made it even worse

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    mDNSRsponder & nsurlsessiond are ruining my life

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:05 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I am at my wits end here with what seem to be networking tools on my mac literally draining all my data. I live in South Africa where data is NOT cheap and I've burned through a ton over the last few weeks.

    Last night I turned my wifi off on both my mac and the router and somehow Activity monitor was still showing data being sent and received... how is that even possible?

    Wifi back on this morning and I've turned off all the icloud bits and that seems to have slowed down the data being used by nsurlsessiond but the mDNSresponder is still draining away.

    For the love of all things good, please someone help me.

    P.s I would also like to destroy 'google chrome helper' as it too just sits there eating data! what the actual what.

    submitted by /u/IdeaValley
    [link] [comments]

    Will Image Capture overwrite images if I have more than 9999 images as part of the import?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    I am attempting to import all the photos (>9999) to a folder for backup.

    In the Image Capture app, I was surprised to see that the number for the photos repeats after IMG_9999.

    Could someone quickly confirm, one way or another, whether the 10000th image will overwrite the 1st image? (Both IMG_0001)?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/mjlq
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app to wake my Mac display when webcam motion is detected?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Issues Downgrading Catalina to Mojave

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:33 PM PST

    So I've tried downloading a copy of Mojave to install on an external drive but each time I download I get the message "No packages were eligible for install" and I can't find the install on my MacBook Pro mid-2017. Catalina has ruined my Mac for all intents and purposes as my HDMI port no longer reads my TV. Reverting back to Mojave is the only option I can think of unless anyone might have another option I could try, Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/esrevernisti
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2011 upgrade to High Sierra?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    Hi, I'm using MBP 13" Early 2011 on El Capitan. The highest OSX compatible for this model is High Sierra, but it seems a lot of the features are not useful (only compatible on higher model).

    Is it still worth upgrading, or better stay at El Capitan? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/womanlovecheese
    [link] [comments]

    Discord audio distortions

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:38 PM PST

    Hi guys! When I connect to a Discord voice chatroom the sound of my whole system gets distorted, and it did not used to do this before. Does anyone know how I can fix it or what could be causing it?

    submitted by /u/SilverArrow23
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make a Lion recovery USB on Mojave?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:35 PM PST

    I have a 2010 13 inch Macbook that does not support internet recovery and has an empty hard drive, Is it possible for me to use my Mojave machine to install Lion on the MacBook?

    submitted by /u/nmcain05
    [link] [comments]

    How to use Multi-Output device with Quicktime in Catalina 10.15.2?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    How to use Multi-Output device with Quicktime in Catalina 10.15.2?

    Before upgrading to Catalina, I had no issue using a Multi-Output device to record system audio in Quicktime while also listening to it. Since the update, I've been unable to use a Multi-Output device in Quicktime and haven't found any helpful information online about how to fix this. Does anyone have any advice? I've attached a picture of my Audio MIDI Setup and what I see in Quicktime. Thanks in advance!

    https://preview.redd.it/km7fbrdhb6a41.png?width=1064&format=png&auto=webp&s=97a0324b033620a41bbd66bd5637fc2275794c47

    submitted by /u/lemonsalmighty
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2019 randomly freezes (macOS 10.15.2)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Macbook Pro 2019 randomly freezes (macOS 10.15.2)

    Hello there,

    I recently got a new macbook pro 13 inch with 16gb of ram. Since a week or two I happen to have some problems. Randomly I can't launch any apps (not even the terminal) and can't even open new tabs in Google Chrome. Wasn't able to launch the screenshot tool, so I took a picture of the screen lol.

    https://preview.redd.it/38ibnxubr5a41.jpg?width=4608&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=af411a4c2d012cbb3ed1ec2550f1eb077f8b78b5

    Any ideas? Maybe the ram is broken? I'm quite clueless since its been happening on what seems to be random occasions.

    Edit: Just called Apple Support. We reset the NVRAM. No idea thouch, if that helped. Will see. They Support was also confused why I was able to launch programs within the "secured" mode.

    submitted by /u/Steckdosenbefruchter
    [link] [comments]

    Beach ball in Safari on certain websites

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    I know, add my name to the list of people complaining that Catalina is the least stable OS we've seen in a long time. Specifically today, I've been plagued by the spinning beach ball while surfing Twitter and Facebook in Safari. Facebook is unusable. I may only be able to scroll 3 to 4 posts down before the freeze and beach ball. Twitter is slightly better but it's become really annoying. I've also had freezes in Mail but may have just found the culprit by browsing here (fingers crossed). Anyone else having this issue and/or have a solution?

    submitted by /u/nimbusthegreat
    [link] [comments]

    Copy Photos library to an external hard drive on MacOS High Sierra

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:06 PM PST

    I want to copy the Photos library from my old MB Pro 2010 to an external hard drive so that I can also view them on any other device (windows). The old Macbook runs on High Sierra. What is the best way to do this?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/FeelsLikeSayf
    [link] [comments]

    Third party backup of photos library

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Has anyone figured out how to temporarily disable photoanalysisd and photolibraryd so that I can do a proper backup? I'm using CrashPlan Pro.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SonOfAnakin
    [link] [comments]

    External hard drive is preventing shutdown

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:41 AM PST

    I have a 5TB Seagate USB3 external hard drive connected to my 2019 iMac running Catalina. If I shutdown my computer it almost invariably hangs, however, if I unplug/plug the hard drive the shutdown process continues. I've turned on the option in power settings to not stop hard drives as a way to save energy, but this problem remains. It's not a show stopper, I can go buy a different drive but that would be inconvenient. Is there a known solution to this? Or is some magic required?

    submitted by /u/thatwombat
    [link] [comments]

    Encrypted external hard drive no longer asks for password

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 09:31 AM PST

    I have an external drive that I encrypted and password protected a while back. I noticed recently that it no longer asks for a password when connected, which defeats a lot of the purpose of this security. It appears the drive is still encrypted, but I don't know if there's a way to restore the password protection without formatting the drive and starting over, which I really don't want to do. Also just seems like a major security flaw for the password prompt to just stop one day. Any way to fix this? I'm on El Capitan.

    submitted by /u/ul49
    [link] [comments]

    Preview and switch between open windows on macOS - it's driving me crazy. Any tips?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    I love my Macs and really enjoy using macOS a lot. But since I started using it, two things are still driving me nuts:

    1. The first thing is an easy way to preview the open windows of an application
    I know there are a couple of ways to preview open windows and trust me, I tried them all. But in my opinion there is still no better solution than hovering over the application icon and seing all open windows of this specific application, like windows does it. (What's also insane: Some of the build in preview options won't show a window anymore, as soon as it is minimized. WTF?)

    There are some third party apps that promise to help. But after trying them all I can say that although showing a little preview sounds like a super easy task, they are all not perfect (and they all struggle with showing the content of a minimized window in the preview):

    • ActiveDock (not that great of a design & kinda sketchy)
    • uBar (replaces the whole dock & therefore you loose certain features)
    • Hyperdock (does not work since Mojave anymore)

    2. The second thing is switching between the open windows using cmd+tab
    I really do not get why you can just use that shortcut to switch between the open applications and not the open windows, but have to use some additional shortcuts to go to a specific window (this is so not Apple like).

    There are also some apps that try to solve this, but they are also not working that well, because they do not show minimized windows or are quiet slow:

    • WindowSwitcher (does not work that great, does not display minimized apps, kinda sketchy)
    • Witch (slow & unintuitive list interface, does not display minimized apps)
    • HyperSwitch (not even out of beta and development stopped years ago)

    Do you have any recommendations on how to solve those drawbacks with macOS?
    Can you recommend any apps I did not try yet?

    Thank you so much for your help!

    submitted by /u/karlssonvomdach
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Apple Music App on Mojave?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:44 AM PST

    Hello people, is there any workaround to use the new Apple Music app on Mojave? I can't update my mac and I wanna try it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/martiadam
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel